Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56
Send Topic Print
Russia will not invade Ukraine (Read 20177 times)
Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Re: Russia will not invade Ukraine
Reply #180 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:21am

Naw, just drop a nuke or two.

The world is over populated and its needs a reset. Kill off about 96% of life and see what happens.

I myself am a little disappointed that a nuke hasn't already been fired

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #181 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:24am

tickleandrose wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:15am:
My guess is that Ukraine will turn into proxy theatres like Korea, Vietnam, and more recently Syria.   I do not think the US, UK or EU will directly declare war on Russia.   I still don’t think 200000 Russian troops is will be able to overtake the entire Ukraine, with 400000 troops and 44 million citizens.  The math just don’t add up.   At the best, I think this will settle into a prolonged but potentially very bloody war.  And the final settlement point would be similar to Korea, where Ukraine gets broken into a ‘West’ and a ‘East’ part. 

I believe, during this time, the Chinese will stay back, and hope the war will drag both Russia and the West in, and keep them there as long as possible.  That means, diplomatically keeping the conflict from reaching full war status, at the same time, not letting it settle. 

When the sanction bites, the Russian will need supplies - e.g. everyday goods, medical supplies, and this China will happily supply at a cost.  And on the other hand, it will continue to do roaring trades with major US companies.   And of course, us Aussies will continue to supply the raw material to China to enable all of that. 

The longer this conflict drags on, the weaker both the West and the Russians will be.   In which case, the Chinese can probably stand back, and if it plays the cards right, it can potentially emerge as the global power soon. 

If it turns into a protracted thing, USA/EU will keep Ukrain well supplied with Javelin/Stingers to inflict as much pain as possible.

IBI

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:31am

My guess is that Ukraine will turn into proxy theatres like Korea, Vietnam, and more recently Syria.   I do not think the US, UK or EU will directly declare war on Russia.   I still don’t think 200000 Russian troops is will be able to overtake the entire Ukraine, with 400000 troops and 44 million citizens.  The math just don’t add up.   At the best, I think this will settle into a prolonged but potentially very bloody war.  And the final settlement point would be similar to Korea, where Ukraine gets broken into a ‘West’ and a ‘East’ part. 

I believe, during this time, the Chinese will stay back, and hope the war will drag both Russia and the West in, and keep them there as long as possible.  That means, diplomatically keeping the conflict from reaching full war status, at the same time, not letting it settle. 

When the sanction bites, the Russian will need supplies - e.g. everyday goods, medical supplies, and this China will happily supply at a cost.  And on the other hand, it will continue to do roaring trades with major US companies.   And of course, us Aussies will continue to supply the raw material to China to enable all of that. 

The longer this conflict drags on, the weaker both the West and the Russians will be.   In which case, the Chinese can probably stand back, and if it plays the cards right, it can potentially emerge as the global power soon. 

The world is resolved to ensure the CCP's China containment.

The CCP will need to collapse before China will be allowed to ascend.

But the Chinese need not fear invasion. China is a culturally collapsed society for which no foreign power has the cure nor the will nor capacity to remedy except the Taiwanese.

If the Taiwanese were to oversee the normalisation and rejuvenation of Chinese society after the CCP's collapse, the Chinese would have its century. Not before.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #183 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:32am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:31am:

But the Chinese need not fear invasion. China is a culturally collapsed society for which no foreign power has the cure nor the will nor capacity to remedy that except the Taiwanese.

If the Taiwanese were to oversee the normalisation and rejuvenation of Chinese society after the CCP's collapse, the Chinese would have its century. Not before.

You are utterly retarded.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:33am

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:24am:

If it turns into a protracted thing, USA/EU will keep Ukrain well supplied with Javelin/Stingers to inflict as much pain as possible.

Do not be surprised if China will also keep the Ukrainians well supplied with medical and civilians goods like they will do with the Russians.   I think it would in both Russian and the West's long term interest to keep this conflict as short and quick as possible.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:33am

Marla wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:32am:

But the Chinese need not fear invasion. China is a culturally collapsed society for which no foreign power has the cure nor the will nor capacity to remedy that except the Taiwanese.

You are utterly retarded.

Were you the woman who asked 'us' to suck your dick?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:36am

tickleandrose wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Do not be surprised if China will also keep the Ukrainians well supplied with medical and civilians goods like they will do with the Russians.   I think it would in both Russian and the West's long term interest to keep this conflict as short and quick as possible. 

The CCP has significant trade agreements with Ukraine. It is caught between two campfires on this.

No one has an interest in allowing Russia to prevail, but invasion of Russia is not a possibility.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:40am

But the Chinese need not fear invasion. China is a culturally collapsed society for which no foreign power has the cure nor the will nor capacity to remedy except the Taiwanese.

I wish I share your optimism. But I am a realist, and I just dont see this happening.  People had being talking about collapse of China for many decades.  But, it is getting stronger and stronger.   Until a point now, AUKUS need to be formed to counter its increasing influence and projection of power.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:43am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:36am:
tickleandrose wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:33am:

The CCP has significant trade agreements with Ukraine. It is caught between two campfires on this.

No one has an interest in allowing Russia to prevail, but invasion of Russia is not a possibility.

Which goes back to my earlier suggestion.  The final settlement point would be divided West Vs East Ukraine.  And by looking at the map... I say roughly divided on either side of Kyiv.   The Russians will probably want to keep Chernobyl.... which includes its 2500km square area of nuclear exclusion zone, and a major serviceable highway to Kyiv for future conflicts.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:46am

tickleandrose wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:40am:

I wish I share your optimism. But I am a realist, and I just dont see this happening.  People had being talking about collapse of China for many decades.  But, it is getting stronger and stronger.   Until a point now, AUKUS need to be formed to counter its increasing influence and projection of power.

China rose under Deng due to his gross naivete that letting people just get rich without oversight would result in China becoming a United States. What it lead to was the complete corruption of Chinese society.

Turns out surviving a murderer's paranoia was Deng's greatest skill, although he did correctly perceive the certain dangers of paramount leaders by setting term limits on the head of state which the Xi faction has brushed aside.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #190 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:46am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:33am:

I can't quite remember. Are you the F A T kangaroo rooter who talks out of both sides his wet liberal pseudo-intellectual asshole?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #191 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:49am

Marla wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:46am:

I can't quite remember. Are you the F A T kangaroo rooter who talks out of both sides his wet liberal pseudo-intellectual asshole?

Another yank with sexual issues. Or are you just from the south?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #192 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:51am

Marla wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:46am:

Says the RaCOON rooter. Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #193 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:54am

Marla wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Naw, just drop a nuke or two.

The world is over populated and its needs a reset. Kill off about 96% of life and see what happens.

I myself am a little disappointed that a nuke hasn't already been fired

You must be on drugs.   Cheesy

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:54am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:46am:
tickleandrose wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:40am:

China rose under Deng due to his gross naivete that letting people just get rich without oversight would result in China becoming a United States. What it lead to was the complete corruption of Chinese society.

Turns out surviving a murderer's paranoia was Deng's greatest skill, although he did correctly perceive the certain dangers of paramount leaders by setting term limits on the head of state which the Xi faction has brushed aside.

I believe the original turning point from the Chinese is shortly after the Vietnam war.   The year was 1972, when, with support and fanfare, Nixon visited China - 1 year after China was admitted into UN.  Mao's death in 1976 accelerated the change, but I argue that even if its not Deng, someone else will lead China down similar path of capitalism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56
Send Topic Print