Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print
NYT admits Hunter Biden Laptop is legit (Read 17590 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: NYT admits Hunter Biden Laptop is legit
Reply #570 - May 20th, 2023 at 6:33pm

wombatwoody wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 3:39pm:

Sorry, Wombat, can I get this one straight? Are you calling the Biden campaign's denial of the Hunter laptop story lying to rig an election?

And are you saying it's illegal for candidates to express an opinion on fake news?

That's a very high standard of integrity you have there, dear. By this measure, Hillary should be prosecuted for denying Pizzagate. Obama should be prosecuted for suggesting he was actually born in Hawaii. The head of Dominion should be prosecuted for saying the company was started in Canada, not Venezuela, which anybody can find out through a simple search on Google.

So I'm curious. How does your standard apply to candidates like, oh I don't know, Donald Trump?

We wouldn't expect you to factcheck his recent Town Hall appearance or anything that time-consuming, but should he be prosecuted for denying fake news too?

He didn't waste his time with the FBI, he went straight to the election officials themselves. The big fella made a perfect call to the Georgia Secretary of State, do you remember?

He asked them to find him 11,780 more votes which is one more than he needed to get, do you recall?

We all know you have high ethical standards when it comes to politicians, Wombat, but I do hope you're not suggesting Mr Trump should be prosecuted for something like that.

Are you?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #571 - May 20th, 2023 at 9:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 7th, 2023 at 9:52pm:
Why would you want to see a presidential debate about a candidate's offspring's laptop, Mort?

Would anyone seriously want to hear your Dear Leader answering questions about Don Junior's laptop? How about the contents of Meghan McCain or Mitt Romney's daughter, Ronna McDaniel's laptop?

Would you seriously want to watch any presidential debate on that?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear what you think. Here in Australia, politicians debate important political topics.

You?

How many times did the former vice president get 10% for selling political influence? Oh, and don't forget Hunter had to pay a majority of daddy's bills at the time as well! Something he said he resented.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #572 - May 20th, 2023 at 10:23pm

Yet over 2 years later and the laptop has revealed no evidence of Joe Biden doing anything illegal which means that although the laptop was real the information in the article was untrue. Not only was the story not true but Hunters personal data had been stolen and should not have been published for a different reason that the Russian story.

In the circumstance the laptop story did hold all the characteristics of misinformation and it was absolutely reasonable that people believed this to be the case. Maybe if the Trump campaign didn't hold the story back till the last second and had it properly verified they likely would have had better luck selling their stolen personal data.

Chucky is distant from a credible source and this opinion is less than compelling. He seems to state dubious opinion as if it were factual - it's not.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #573 - May 20th, 2023 at 10:25pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 6:33pm:

Sorry, Wombat, can I get this one straight? Are you calling the Biden campaign's denial of the Hunter laptop story lying to rig an election?

And are you saying it's illegal for candidates to express an opinion on fake news?

That's a very high standard of integrity you have there, dear. By this measure, Hillary should be prosecuted for denying Pizzagate. Obama should be prosecuted for suggesting he was actually born in Hawaii. The head of Dominion should be prosecuted for saying the company was started in Canada, not Venezuela, which anybody can find out through a simple search on Google.

So I'm curious. How does your standard apply to candidates like, oh I don't know, Donald Trump?

We wouldn't expect you to factcheck his recent Town Hall appearance or anything that time-consuming, but should he be prosecuted for denying fake news too?

He didn't waste his time with the FBI, he went straight to the election officials themselves. The big fella made a perfect call to the Georgia Secretary of State, do you remember?

He asked them to find him 11,780 more votes which is one more than he needed to get, do you recall?

We all know you have high ethical standards when it comes to politicians, Wombat, but I do hope you're not suggesting Mr Trump should be prosecuted for something like that.

Are you?

Matty you are being unreasonable here Wombat posted a perfectly reasonable dot. Most sense he has made this decade.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #574 - May 20th, 2023 at 11:48pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 9:11pm:
Why would you want to see a presidential debate about a candidate's offspring's laptop, Mort?

Would anyone seriously want to hear your Dear Leader answering questions about Don Junior's laptop? How about the contents of Meghan McCain or Mitt Romney's daughter, Ronna McDaniel's laptop?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear what you think. Here in Australia, politicians debate important political topics.

You?

How many times did the former vice president get 10% for selling political influence? Oh, and don't forget Hunter had to pay a majority of daddy's bills at the time as well! Something he said he resented.

Sorry, is this a question? How many times did the former vice president get 10% for selling political influence?

Good question, Mort. Over to you for a reply.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #575 - May 20th, 2023 at 11:51pm

Dnarever wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 10:25pm:

Are you?

Matty you are being unreasonable here Wombat posted a perfectly reasonable dot. Most sense he has made this decade.

Thanks, Dnarever, I stand corrected.

Wombat, please refuse to answer any or all questions put to you, particularly about your poor Dear Leader. That's just nasty.

So unfair.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #576 - May 21st, 2023 at 6:56am

That's a good point.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #577 - May 21st, 2023 at 7:53am

Whether Hunter Biden's laptop did or did not contain
evidence of incriminating political influences and/or
influencers is neither here nor there after two relatively
successful years of Joe Biden's presidency.

Continually stirring up this now years-old canard is simply
the machinations of the GOP and its rabid Trump supporter
base attempting to destabilise the government, and foment
political unrest in advance of the election next year.

It's a variation of the old 'divide and conquer' aphorism.

Even IF it were proved that Hunter's laptop contained suspect
data, Biden would still have won against Trump.    Even if
those 7.5 million winning votes had been halved, Biden would
still have easily won in 2020.

The GOP power brokers need to move on, and focus rather on
finding a more acceptable 2024 candidate than the unelectable
DeSantis, plus forget about even considering the disgraced
former president—who'd obviously lose in a landslide.   That is,
assuming his Parkinson's hasn't overtaken him by then.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #578 - May 21st, 2023 at 9:04pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 11:48pm:

You?

Sorry, is this a question? How many times did the former vice president get 10% for selling political influence?

Cheers.

Every time!

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #579 - May 22nd, 2023 at 1:08am

No worries, Mort. Like Bobby, you have one more post to set us straight. After that, we'll know.

Over to you.

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #580 - May 22nd, 2023 at 6:00pm

The sworn testimony Charlie Kirk is referring to is described in Reply #60 of The Bidens who received Chinese cash thread.

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

Benjamin Netanyahu, quoted in Ma’ariv, 16 April 2008

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #581 - May 22nd, 2023 at 6:08pm

Donald Trump maintained a stake in Trump Tower when he became president, and with it, a financial connection to the Chinese government.

President Donald Trump, who declared “I don’t make money from China” in Thursday night’s presidential debate, has in fact collected millions of dollars from government-owned entities in China since he took office. Forbes estimates that at least $5.4 million has flowed into the president’s business from a lease agreement involving a state-owned bank in Trump Tower.

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #582 - May 22nd, 2023 at 6:12pm

Are you?

rfk_smith.jpg (49 KB | 3 )
rfk_smith.jpg

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

Benjamin Netanyahu, quoted in Ma’ariv, 16 April 2008

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #583 - May 22nd, 2023 at 6:17pm

RFK Jr.     Grin

The guy is certifiable.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #584 - May 22nd, 2023 at 6:20pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 21st, 2023 at 9:04pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 11:48pm:
[quote author=Karnal link=1647777649/563#563 date=1675770751]Why would you want to see a presidential debate about a candidate's offspring's laptop, Mort?

You?

Cheers.

Every time : Sleepy Joe the genius. He did it every time and didn't leave a single skerrick of evidence. That must have been Dark Brandon. Yes Very clever indeed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print