Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 82
Send Topic Print
Define the word “woman.” (Read 31253 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Define the word “woman.”
Reply #90 - Mar 30th, 2022 at 6:46pm

Yuk.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 10:26am

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #92 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 10:53am

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #93 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:03am

CAUGHT!': NBC slammed for editing Lia Thomas' photo to make her look more feminine

https://meaww.com/nbc-slammed-for-editing-lia-thomas-pic-to-make-her-look-more-f...

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #94 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:16am

Gordon wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:03am:
CAUGHT!': NBC slammed for editing Lia Thomas' photo to make her look more feminine

https://meaww.com/nbc-slammed-for-editing-lia-thomas-pic-to-make-her-look-more-f...

Maybe they should not have cropped the supposed before shot closer. The exposure looks different.

The goggle line will look more prominent when brought closer with a different exposure. I would think that fixing the exposure would be a normal step in post production for all images.

I suspect that it isn't unusual for female swimmers to have their pictures corrected a bit for publication.

I would think that fixing the exposure would be a normal step in post production for all images published by most if not all publishers.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:23am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:18am

Dnarever wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:16am:

Maybe they should not have cropped the supposed before shot closer. The exposure looks different.

The goggle line will look more prominent when brought closer with a different exposure.

I suspect that it isn't unusual for female swimmers to have their pictures corrected a bit for publication.

Wel, he isn't a female swimmer....

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #96 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:25am

The goggle line will look more prominent when brought closer with a different exposure.

Stop making excuses. There were trying to make the shot more feminine.

Photographer 'surprised and disappointed' at Today's edited Lia Thomas photos

After watching the segment multiple times, she came to the conclusion that the apparent softening of transgender swimmer Lia Thomas's features in her pictures was "intentional," telling the Washington Examiner, "It's really important as photojournalists that we transmit authentic photos that have not been altered."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/photographer-surprised-and-disappointed-...

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #97 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:26am

Frank wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:18am:

Google male swimmers and see how much a lot of their images have been optimised.

Even if this claim were right which looks unlikely - really who cares ?
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:32am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:29am

Dnarever wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:26am:

Google male swimmers and see how much a lot of their images have been optimised.

Doesn't make him a female swimmer anyway - which IS the point, duckwit, not photographic techniques.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #99 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:36am

Frank wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:29am:

Doesn't make him a female swimmer anyway - which IS the point, duckwit, not photographic techniques.

There was a point? Seems the point was a failure.

It does not make any of the other female swimmers more or less female nor the male swimmers more or less male.

It is just another pointless exercise once again exposing your fear.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #100 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 12:03pm

There's a big difference between photo enhancement and manipulation, particularly for use in straight-up journalism. Glam magazines are a different thing, but photos in news should be a reasonably honest representation. And we're talking about NBC here, right?

Enhancement is just generally lifting levels, contrast and saturation to make a photo standout or meet some required tech standard for print or web. It shouldn't change or alter the story.

This photo has had the works chucked at it, and most likely been done with a photoshop plugin like these two. They're designed to make chicks look glam Smiley

https://www.imagenomic.com/products/portraiture

or
https://www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_4-SBhCgARIsAAlegrV_eXqQ52...

IBI

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #101 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 1:08pm

Bobby

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #102 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 1:11pm

Nobody here gave a definition of “woman” I saw. Fascination with trannies is obvious.

Anybody here care to give a definition of “woman?”

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 1:16pm

KoDnarever wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:36am:
Frank wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 11:29am:

There was a point? Seems the point was a failure.

It does not make any of the other female swimmers more or less female nor the male swimmers more or less male.

It is just another pointless exercise once again exposing your fear.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oohhh... exposing my fear!!

The guy is a fraud. He is not a woman. He is a bloke with the full set of male genitals, prancing about as if he was a woman and all the idiots and duckwits go along with the ludicrous charade. Anyone who calls out the Emperor's nakedness is told that he has just 'exposed his own fear'.

'Exposing fear' is Newspeak for woke discomfort in the face of common sense.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #104 - Mar 31st, 2022 at 1:17pm

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 82