Send Topic Print
Aged Care (Read 3673 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Aged Care
Reply #90 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:44pm

I think it's important we don't lose sight of the very real issues with aged care, we don't need to misrepresent individual meals etc to prove there are problems.

I've only read the executive summary and the recommendations of the Royal Commission into aged care, but it details some horrific conditions and the time and money has been spent in identifying what needs to happen to improve them.

I don't mean to just target you Bobby, but I would recommend you stop googling photos of food at aged care and read that report.

There is a lot to be concerned about.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #91 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:59pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:44pm:
I think it's important we don't lose sight of the very real issues with aged care, we don't need to misrepresent individual meals etc to prove there are problems.

I've only read the executive summary and the recommendations of the Royal Commission into aged care, but it details some horrific conditions and the time and money has been spent in identifying what needs to happen to improve them.

I don't mean to just target you Bobby, but I would recommend you stop googling photos of food at aged care and read that report.

I know -
like the bed sores and the maggots in people's wounds.
The providers should be in jail but are any sent there?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:59pm:

I know -
like the bed sores ...

My father had a special mattress that rippled all the time in order to prevent bed sores.

An alternating pressure air mattress (?)

Was pretty cool.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #93 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:20pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:31pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:29pm:
That is acceptable food, Bobby.

Are you joking?

No, serious. Do you realise how well I eat?

At this stage...
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #94 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:25pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:20pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:31pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:29pm:
That is acceptable food, Bobby.

Are you joking?

No, serious. Do you realise how well I eat?

Obviously not very well -
what could be worse that that crap?

dog turds and cats piss?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #95 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:32pm

What are you expecting? 3-course meals with a glass of wine? Blue ribbon ice cream?

If you are expecting rib fillet steaks or savoury meals for people that probably have a full belly for the next 6 hours, you really have no idea about aged care.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #96 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:39pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:32pm:
What are you expecting? 3-course meals with a glass of wine? Blue ribbon ice cream?

If you are expecting rib fillet steaks or savoury meals for people that probably have a full belly for the next 6 hours, you really have no idea about aged care.

You're welcome to it - here you go:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-17/food-in-aged-care/10212880?nw=0&r=HtmlFra...

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #97 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:57pm

Bobby, you are a straight out idiot.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #98 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:59pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:57pm:

I post the truth without fear or permission.

There are those like you who would like to shoot the messenger.

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #99 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:12pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 3:59pm:

Interesting that everyone calls you an idiot. any idea why?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #100 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:29pm

Unless you or someone you know are in the aged care residency, you have little to do with some hearsay accusations. If you are living in aged care, you have the right to the complaints process through the Age Care Act of 1997:

Quote:
We can help you with concerns and complaints about a service provider’s responsibilities under the Aged Care Act 1997 or under their funding agreement with the Commonwealth. Some concerns we can assist with include:

health care, for example wound care, medication and care assessment personal care assistance, for example showering, dispensing medication, feeding and mobility
communication, for example how information is shared with you and how your questions are responded to, including complaints staff roles, for example how they do their job and provide care living environment, for example safety, security, and cleaning some fees and charges in care agreements choice and preferences, for example showering and meal arrangements and tailored activities.

Source: https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/making-complaint/complaints-process

There is not much point for an outsider to the aged care system blathering about what they think is going on at a facility. I did one day at the facility. And even though I was an assistant for one 8-hour shift, I saw not one resident complain about the meals that they were provided at breakfast and lunch. I was gone by 3pm that day. Now, at worst, I could only guess that a complaint about the food would be that the meals are not cooked or it went cold whilst they chatted to their neighbour in the meal room. However, if the meals were genuinely substandard, it is not reasonable to think that 50 to 100 residents would not raise a complaint to the staff. And it would not be reasonable to think that a family member or friend that visits the facility would not raise concerns about the quality of food.

I was with a couple of AINs at the residence I was helping assist. The two ladies told me that they had developed a rapport with the residents at the care facility. And even the AINs body language showed me that they treated the residents like they were their own family. I would not accuse the AINs of treating the residents below acceptable standards -- not by a long shot.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #101 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:37pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:29pm:
Source: https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/making-complaint/complaints-process

There is not much point for an outsider to the aged care system blathering about what they think is going on at a facility. I did one day at the facility. And even though I was an assistant for one 8-hour shift, I saw not one resident complain about the meals that they were provided at breakfast and lunch. I was gone by 3pm that day. Now, at worst, I could only guess that a complaint about the food would be that the meals are not cooked or it went cold whilst they chatted to their neighbour in the meal room. However, if the meals were genuinely substandard, it is not reasonable to think that 50 to 100 residents would not raise a complaint to the staff. And it would not be reasonable to think that a family member or friend that visits the facility would not raise concerns about the quality of food.

I was with a couple of AINs at the residence I was helping assist. The two ladies told me that they had developed a rapport with the residents at the care facility. And even the AINs body language showed me that they treated the residents like they were their own family. I would not accuse the AINs of treating the residents below acceptable standards -- not by a long shot.

I went to 2 aged care facilities and the people were
hardly touching the horrible food.
They just sort of picked at it -
maybe eat a bit of this and a bit of that
but not the whole lousy meal.
I hope I die before I end up in one of those places.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #102 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:48pm

If... it... is... that... bad... for the food/meals, they can organise to change the menu. Never have a certain meal again. You are confusing a resident's inability to eat an entire meal with someone who is refusing to eat an entire meal because of what you are alleging is a poor quality meal.

Supervisors, staff, residents, and visitors. These people have the ability to make their own assessments and bring up the issue of needing better quality food for the residents. But, ultimately, the residents are the ones eating the meals. If they want something different, they can raise the concerns to the staff.

At this stage...
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #103 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 6:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 2:59pm:

I know -
like the bed sores and the maggots in people's wounds.
The providers should be in jail but are any sent there?

There needs to be some accountability for this, surely there has been!?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Apr 2nd, 2022 at 7:15pm

Jim Lahey wrote on Apr 2nd, 2022 at 4:12pm:

Interesting that everyone calls you an idiot. any idea why?

Can I answer that?  Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print