Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Aged Care
Reply #30 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:57pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:54pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 10:25am:
There is and there always will be plenty of money. It's just that it's so badly handled.

No amount of  money is gonna suddenly produce thousands of registered nurses to achieve what is suggested.  They simply do not exist.

Duh! The conversation one has with a 5 yr old!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #31 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:58pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:54pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 10:25am:
There is and there always will be plenty of money. It's just that it's so badly handled.

No amount of  money is gonna suddenly produce thousands of registered nurses to achieve what is suggested.  They simply do not exist.

He only said there would be a registered nurse there 24/7 - rest of staff can be normal aged care nurses. Also if pay goes up they will apply IMO. Only reason for staff shortage is they all quit.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:53pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:49pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:40pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:29pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 10:41am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 10:14am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 9:52am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 8:27am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:36am:
Smart move by Albo: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-31/anthony-albanese-budget-reply-aged-care-e...

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese has pledged billions of dollars to fix the aged care industry — which he's dubbed as being in crisis — if Labor wins the forthcoming federal election.

No! It's a lie! It's definitely a lie!

There's no money! Where is he going to get the money? I bet he hasn't said anything about that!

So you're just assuming it's not funded?

No. I know it's not funded AND it can't be funded.

So you've seen Labor's costings then?

They don't exist therefore the answer is no.

Right, so because Labor hasn't released their full policy platform and costings for an election that hasn't even been called yet, you therefore "know" that it's not been costed and can't be paid for?

Why don't you just admit that you don't "know" the policy is uncosted, you just believe it to be based on your political ideology and nothing more?

In that case, sure, you're entitled to your opinion and you can continue to speculate until the cows come home.

But until we see the costings, we won't actually "know".

FMD!

No .... I said in very plain English that these costings DO NOT EXIST.

What part of that didn't you comprehend?

Do you follow the media at all? If you had instead of just trolling like the multi dhead you are ... then you would have known that Albo took a beating over the fact that his pledges are mere unsubstantiated empty promises BECAUSE that are UNCOSTED!

Here dumbo! Read that for a clue!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/anthony-albanese-outlines-labor...

After that Dumbo .... read this :

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/albo-stops-additional-support-for-aged-care-till-...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #33 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:08pm

Smart move by Albo: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-31/anthony-albanese-budget-reply-aged-care-e...

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese has pledged billions of dollars to fix the aged care industry — which he's dubbed as being in crisis — if Labor wins the forthcoming federal election.

There's no money! Where is he going to get the money? I bet he hasn't said anything about that!

Right, so because Labor hasn't released their full policy platform and costings for an election that hasn't even been called yet, you therefore "know" that it's not been costed and can't be paid for?

Why don't you just admit that you don't "know" the policy is uncosted, you just believe it to be based on your political ideology and nothing more?

In that case, sure, you're entitled to your opinion and you can continue to speculate until the cows come home.

FMD!

The part where you actually said,

That's very different to "costings do not exist".

If that's what you meant, then say that.

But again, the costings may exist, they've just not been released.

By that logic we could say the Liberal Party have no policies to take to the election because they've not released them yet.

There's no need to get so triggered, just say what you actually mean...

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #34 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:10pm

FMD just when I was hoping for change in the aged care portfolio..... everywhere I look all I see is Albo being hammered for being so hopeless!

Here's another typical article on Albo's election reply.

Time is up for Labor’s game of ‘ducks and drakes’ as the public want ‘substance’
20 hours ago

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese tonight will either choose to “play another game of snap” with the government on policy or decide to “man up” and deliver a real alternative in his budget reply, according to Sky News host Chris Smith.

Albanese has had no economic experience in either government or opposition, but he’s been very good as we know at personality politics; that won’t cut it tonight; Albanese can’t hide anymore,” Mr Smith said.

“No more snap; the public deserves some substance from Labor given their pole position in this race for government.

“This small target approach simply has no guts; it’s got no glory; it doesn’t replace true policy to fix short term problems and devise strategies for medium to long term benefit.

In all honesty I can't see Labor winning this election. Not with this guy as its captain.

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #35 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:11pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:10pm:
In all honesty I can't see Labor winning this election. Not with this guy as its captain.

LOL like the sewer election?

Lisa_1_011.jpg (108 KB | 4 )
Lisa_1_011.jpg

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:13pm

...according to Sky News host Chris Smith.

Lol   Grin

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #37 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:16pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:59pm:

FMD!

Do you follow the media at all? If you had instead of just trolling like the multi dhead you are ... then you would have known that Albo took a beating over the fact that his pledges are mere unsubstantiated empty promises BECAUSE that are UNCOSTED!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/anthony-albanese-outlines-labor...

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/albo-stops-additional-support-for-aged-care-till-...

I can't defend the move.  Best case scenario there will be 6+ weeks without the additional support.

That's not good.

But you're attempting to hold Labor to a much higher standard than you would the Liberal Party.

Do you want to just gloss over that or shall we start to analyse some of their moves in the same way?

Fair is fair right?

Or will you take that personally too?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #38 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:19pm

Scomo can't even meet with people without it being drastically stage-managed and controlled because the people are sick of his excuses and inaction.

Albo walked around with Carl from 60 minutes just the two of them, willing to talk to whoever wanted to.

One is afraid of the people and the other isn't.

That's more telling than you'll ever admit.

You may be in for a rude shock once the votes are counted.

But please, please, don't be one of those tards who'll claim election fraud because your guy didn't win, if it plays out like that.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:22pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:16pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 1:59pm:

FMD!

I can't defend the move.  Best case scenario there will be 6+ weeks without the additional support.

That's not good.

But you're attempting to hold Labor to a much higher standard than you would the Liberal Party.

Do you want to just gloss over that or shall we start to analyse some of their moves in the same way?

Fair is fair right?

Or will you take that personally too?

You want to rumble with me? Sure! But before I do that make sure your army of multi trolls are ready to support you ok?

I'm happy to take the lot of you on. But I don't have all afternoon like you and your fellow unemployed cyber troll mates do ok?

Deal?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #40 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:24pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:13pm:

Lol   Grin

Why would a fat old cyber junkie long term unemployed multi troll like Groggy laugh at a successful young journalist going places?

Anyone know?

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #41 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:26pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:13pm:

Lol   Grin

Why would a fat old cyber junkie long term unemployed multi troll like Groggy laugh at a successful young journalist going places?

Anyone know?

Lisa_1_012.jpg (108 KB | 2 )
Lisa_1_012.jpg

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:30pm

Groggy is putting up a picture if his mole METHra once again.....

He'll implode eventually. He always does 😂🤣😆

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #43 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:39pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:22pm:
You want to rumble with me? Sure! But before I do that make sure your army of multi trolls are ready to support you ok?

I'm happy to take the lot of you on. But I don't have all afternoon like you and your fellow unemployed cyber troll mates do ok?

Deal?

Jeez you're so dramatic...

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for.  The full platforms of the majors aren't out yet, and when it comes to the Senate, I don't know how to preference all the minors below the line for the same reason.

I like to talk about these policy platforms with those who clearly are on a different part of the political spectrum than I am because it's the best way to get other points of view in these algorithm-fed times.

I may think that a transition away from coal mining into renewable fueled mineral refinement is not only a great way to reduce emissions without totally destroying the mining industry, it brings back those refinement jobs from China, increases our self-sufficiency, will results in lower prices for the materials such as Aluminium smelted locally and actually increasing GDP in the process is a great idea, but other might not and I'd like to know why.

(For the record, I don't know if any of the majors have adopted this policy, yet)

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm just a straight shooter and will question things that don't make sense to me, like how you could "know" something you've just admitted is impossible to know about Labor's funding when you don't seem to care about how the incumbents will fund anything.

It puts what you say and your point of view into perspective, that is, you've already decided who you're voting for either purely based on political ideology, or at best which leader of the parties annoys you the least.

So when it comes to weighting the take on things you put forward, I can at least properly weight that.

I won't lie, I'm very unlikely to vote for the Liberal candidate in my electorate or preference them first in the Senate, but I still don't know who I'm going to vote "for", if anyone.

It may be, as has been the case for the last few elections, voting in reverse, to keep the crazy people out and the least objectionable option in the 1st pick.

I look forward to more policy detail from both majors coming out.

But it will be interesting to see how much politicing you attack Labor for, and how much you'll inevitably forgive from the Libs.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:44pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #44 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:30pm:
Groggy is putting up a picture if his mole METHra once again.....

He'll implode eventually. He always does 😂🤣😆

How did the sewer election go Lisa?

Who came last? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print