greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aged Care
Reply #45 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:46pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:13pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:10pm:
...according to Sky News host Chris Smith.

Lol   Grin

Why would a fat old cyber junkie long term unemployed multi troll like Groggy laugh at a successful young journalist going places?

Anyone know?

"journalist"   Grin

Sky "News"   Grin

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #46 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:48pm

Is this a joke?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #47 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:52pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:39pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:22pm:
You want to rumble with me? Sure! But before I do that make sure your army of multi trolls are ready to support you ok?

I'm happy to take the lot of you on. But I don't have all afternoon like you and your fellow unemployed cyber troll mates do ok?

Deal?

Jeez you're so dramatic...

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for.  The full platforms of the majors isn't out yet, and when it comes to the Senate, I don't know how to preference all the minors below the line for the same reason.

I like to talk about these policies platforms with those who clearly are on a different part of the political spectrum than I am because it's the best way to get other points of view in these algorithm-fed times.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm just a straight shooter and will question things that don't make sense to me, like how you could "know" something you've just admitted is impossible to know about Labor funding when you don't seem to care about how the incumbents will fund anything.

It puts what you say and your point of view into perspective, that is, you've already decided who you're voting for either purely based on political ideology, or at best which leader of the parties annoys you the least.

So when it comes to weighting the take on things you put forward, I can at least properly weight that.

I won't lie, I'm very unlikely to vote for the Liberal candidate in my electorate or preference them first in the Senate, but I still don't know who I'm going to vote "for", if anyone.

It may be, as has been the case for the last few elections, voting in reverse, to keep the crazy people out and the least objectionable option in the 1st pick.

I look forward to more policy detail from both majors coming out.

But it will be interesting to see how much politicing you attack Labor for, and how much you'll inevitably forgive from the Libs.

1. I don't forgive people easily these days.

2. As regards Aged Care though .... I'm more than happy to debate you on how utterly despicable and unworkable Albo's Election uncosted and vague reply was. If indeed you agree with me then there's nothing to debate.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:53pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 9:52am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 9:48am:
Agree in principle with throwing money at aged care if it fixed the problems.

However, Albo's speech was pretty much vague waffle.

The unions want a 25% pay rise and to staff every home with a registered nurse 24/7 would very quickly evaporate extra dosh.

It is a huge problem but there wasn't any detail in Albo's stuff ... perhaps he will flesh it out during the election campaign.

He won't be able to flesh out anything re where he's going to find the money given the context of a devastated Covid19 economy.

That's a post I'd like you to read and take note of Kanga.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #49 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:46pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:13pm:
...according to Sky News host Chris Smith.

Lol   Grin

Why would a fat old cyber junkie long term unemployed multi troll like Groggy laugh at a successful young journalist going places?

Anyone know?

"journalist"   Grin

Sky "News"   Grin

No I said he was a successful young journalist going places.

Whereas you Groggy and your aliases which you desperately need for online back up support well you're just an unhinged old fat barge arsed multi cyber junkie unemployed troll. 😂🤣😆

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #50 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:55pm

Lisa must be nearly due to enter aged care? shes showing all the signs of dementia...

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #51 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 3:00pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:19pm:
In all honesty I can't see Labor winning this election. Not with this guy as its captain.

Scomo can't even meet with people without it being drastically stage-managed and controlled because the people are sick of his excuses and inaction.

Albo walked around with Carl from 60 minutes just the two of them, willing to talk to whoever wanted to.

One is afraid of the people and the other isn't.

That's more telling than you'll ever admit.

You may be in for a rude shock once the votes are counted.

But please, please, don't be one of those tards who'll claim election fraud because your guy didn't win, if it plays out like that.

You don't seem all too confident. You're struggling to. But you're not confident and if I were you I wouldn't be all too confident either.

Albanese has had no economic experience in either government or opposition.

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #52 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 3:09pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 3:00pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:19pm:
In all honesty I can't see Labor winning this election. Not with this guy as its captain.

Scomo can't even meet with people without it being drastically stage-managed and controlled because the people are sick of his excuses and inaction.

Albo walked around with Carl from 60 minutes just the two of them, willing to talk to whoever wanted to.

One is afraid of the people and the other isn't.

That's more telling than you'll ever admit.

You may be in for a rude shock once the votes are counted.

But please, please, don't be one of those tards who'll claim election fraud because your guy didn't win, if it plays out like that.

You don't seem all too confident. You're struggling to. But you're not confident and if I were you I wouldn't be all too confident either.

Albanese has had no economic experience in either government or opposition.

Scummo trashed the whole economy and you lick his arse everyday.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #53 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 5:50pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:52pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:39pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 2:22pm:
You want to rumble with me? Sure! But before I do that make sure your army of multi trolls are ready to support you ok?

I'm happy to take the lot of you on. But I don't have all afternoon like you and your fellow unemployed cyber troll mates do ok?

Deal?

Jeez you're so dramatic...

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for.  The full platforms of the majors isn't out yet, and when it comes to the Senate, I don't know how to preference all the minors below the line for the same reason.

I like to talk about these policies platforms with those who clearly are on a different part of the political spectrum than I am because it's the best way to get other points of view in these algorithm-fed times.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm just a straight shooter and will question things that don't make sense to me, like how you could "know" something you've just admitted is impossible to know about Labor funding when you don't seem to care about how the incumbents will fund anything.

It puts what you say and your point of view into perspective, that is, you've already decided who you're voting for either purely based on political ideology, or at best which leader of the parties annoys you the least.

So when it comes to weighting the take on things you put forward, I can at least properly weight that.

I won't lie, I'm very unlikely to vote for the Liberal candidate in my electorate or preference them first in the Senate, but I still don't know who I'm going to vote "for", if anyone.

It may be, as has been the case for the last few elections, voting in reverse, to keep the crazy people out and the least objectionable option in the 1st pick.

I look forward to more policy detail from both majors coming out.

But it will be interesting to see how much politicing you attack Labor for, and how much you'll inevitably forgive from the Libs.

1. I don't forgive people easily these days.

2. As regards Aged Care though .... I'm more than happy to debate you on how utterly despicable and unworkable Albo's Election uncosted and vague reply was. If indeed you agree with me then there's nothing to debate.

If you care about aged care, there is plenty to debate, especially if you don't forgive easily.

How many years has the Liberal Government had the chance to fix the problem? 9ish?

The Royal Commission into ages care was scathing at what the Liberals and the Morrison Government had done in terms of aged care during their terms, but we're to direct that anger at Labor?

Really?

You already forgave Morrison, in the age of "I don't forgive easily" and you're angry at the Opposition, who aren't even in power and haven't been for the last 9+ years?

Come on...

Have we forgotten when Mr Morrison was Treasurer, he took $1.2 billion from aged care in the 2016-17 budget?

And what about Morrison's response, how many of the recommendations from the findings of the Royal Commission has he actually adopted with his policy announcement via the budget?

How can you possibly forgive this so easily after all the outrage you've displayed?!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 5:59pm

Does everyone remember seeing on TV -
people in aged care getting baked beans on toast for Xmas dinner?

Also - those aged care places are not cheap.
People have to sell their houses to get a place
and then they get ripped off.
The owners of aged care homes must be getting very rich from the suffering of their customers.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #55 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:00pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 5:59pm:

The owners of aged care homes must be getting very rich from the suffering of their customers.

While ever the 'privatised' profit model style operates, corners will always be cut and those inhabitants of the gulag/konzentrationslager will always receive bare subistence.

Back in the 1970's I was courting a girl whose mother owned a nursing home - the lass was a nurse - and that nursing home was later 'outed' as a total disaster financially and care wise.

My ex, the one I'm carer for now, may end up in one soon - I have already laid down the law to her kids that they WILL visit every weekend and keep a close eye on things... if they don't I will haunt them and take their inheritance.  Cool

Raise the question any time you want:-  How can one human being do such things to another?  Look around you.......... in war it is only the very easiest thing to do at times.... but the basic predisposition is already there in human nature, someone said about the Korean War when it came to US soldiers shooting at farmers - there is nothing so brutal as the American boy - git some... git some........ **coughs** I guess your best examples would be in primitive societies in the way they treat one another.................... (bait laid) ...........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:04pm

Baked beans on toast is a relatively healthy meal.

My father's room at the nursing home cost me $404,000.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #57 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:06pm

Relative to what?  Football's on...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:13pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:06pm:
Relative to what?  Football's on...

Well, beans are healthy, but a tin of baked beans contains sugar and salt.

Toast is good, but white bread is not so good - better than a sausage though.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:14pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 7:00pm:

While ever the 'privatised' profit model style operates, corners will always be cut and those inhabitants of the gulag/konzentrationslager will always receive bare subistence.

Back in the 1970's I was courting a girl whose mother owned a nursing home - the lass was a nurse - and that nursing home was later 'outed' as a total disaster financially and care wise.

My ex, the one I'm carer for now, may end up in one soon - I have already laid down the law to her kids that they WILL visit every weekend and keep a close eye on things... if they don't I will haunt them and take their inheritance.  Cool

Raise the question any time you want:-  How can one human being do such things to another?  Look around you.......... in war it is only the very easiest thing to do at times.... but the basic predisposition is already there in human nature, someone said about the Korean War when it came to US soldiers shooting at farmers - there is nothing so brutal as the American boy - git some... git some........ **coughs** I guess your best examples would be in primitive societies in the way they treat one another.................... (bait laid) ...........

Step right up and sign up for baked beans on toast!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Send Topic Print