Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: privatisation
Reply #150 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:57am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:49am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:19am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:11am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:53am:
So what? the obscene salaries of of CEO's & executives in private enterprise make the ABC managing directors salary look like a pittance.

You wanna get some perspective on that.

The Commissioner for Taxation Chris Jordan is on over $2million a year until 2024.

Our PM gets paid more than the president of the United States.
Senior Public servants get paid much more.
Guess what - it's all done with borrowed money.
That's communism for you -
if you're high up in the party you live like a King.

So the LNP are Communists now? A bigger idiot.

Our PM gets paid about the same as the US President.

PM - AU$549,000
Pres - AU $539,000

Hi idiot,
They are all communists pretending to be capitalists.

https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=720,quality=100/system/media_attachmen...

I thought it was common knowledge that Scomo represents the centre left wing of the NLP aka he's a "Moderate".

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #151 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:06am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 9:08am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 8:13am:
Mr Sad,
Quote:
And would a privatised ABC still be bound by their charter,
you know the one that required honesty in reporting which time and time again,
investigation after investigation has shown to be fair,
balanced and of the highest integrity?

Wow - you really have been brainwashed.
I see the ABC as nothing more than a Govt.
propaganda outlet.
It reminds me of the Tass news agency in Russia.

You want to accuse me of being brainwashed, yet the "propaganda" you speak of is nothing but reporting of both sides.

You're so used to what you get from the likes of SkyNews that the ABC, sticking to their charter, is considered "propaganda" to you.

Just shows how far right you've gone without even realising it friend.

Each time the Libs hold enquires into the ABC, other than the last one that was not finished, they all come to the same conclusion, the ABC has abided by their charter and are not in fact a propaganda outlet.

Go look it up...

Facts over feelings mate.

No you're wrong -
The ABC pushed propaganda about how being a homosexual was OK -
always pushing gay rights -
that Covid vaccines were OK -
never had one story about vaccine injuries,
whenever a black person did a home invasion, a car jacking or a horrifying assault -
they would never mention their race-
it was always - " a youth" or some other euphemism.
They always follow the status quo of our wonderful democracy
without evidence that it's a one party state with 2 branches:
Labor and Liberal.

It's pure Govt. propaganda.
You have been sucked in.
Our media is highly controlled.

I spoke to a radio presenter once -
they have to go on a 4 day course before
they are allowed to speak on the radio -
to learn the Govt. line on everything -
good examples are as per the above.
They are not free to say whatever they want.

But in all those examples, to a lesser extent with the COVID vaccine, but with the marriage equality vote etc, they shared both points of view.

And that's what you can't handle, you only want to hear the side you agree with.  That's not their job, in fact that's what you're accusing them of, but the side you disagree with.

As I said, it's just another example of how far right you've gone and how used to echo chambers you are.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #152 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:32pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:26pm:
But in all those examples, to a lesser extent with the COVID vaccine, but with the marriage equality vote etc, they shared both points of view.

And that's what you can't handle, you only want to hear the side you agree with.  That's not their job, in fact that's what you're accusing them of, but the side you disagree with.

As I said, it's just another example of how far right you've gone and how used to echo chambers you are.

I gave good examples of how the ABC is not fair and balanced.
They pushed one side of the debate all the time.

Ita Buttrose is a schill for the Govt.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #153 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:32pm:

No, they aired the debate and gave both sides equal air time.  This has been heavily scrutinised.

Unless you're expecting the ABC to only report in a way you like and ignore anti-discrimination laws to suit your views?

You don't like that views you don't agree with get equal play on the ABC when they're ignored on other outlets.

Their charter isn't "Keep bobby happy in his echo chamber".

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #154 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:49pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:57am:
I thought it was common knowledge that Scomo represents the centre left wing of the NLP aka he's a "Moderate".

He's centre-right, but yes, he's considered a moderate within the Liberal Party.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #155 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:50pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:46pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 12:32pm:

No, they aired the debate and gave both sides equal air time.  This has been heavily scrutinised.

Unless you're expecting the ABC to only report in a way you like and ignore anti-discrimination laws to suit your views?

You don't like that views you don't agree with get equal play on the ABC when they're ignored on other outlets.

Their charter isn't "Keep bobby happy in his echo chamber".

No - you either didn't read or didn't understand my examples.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #156 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 2:55pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:57am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:49am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:19am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:11am:
So what? the obscene salaries of of CEO's & executives in private enterprise make the ABC managing directors salary look like a pittance.

You wanna get some perspective on that.

The Commissioner for Taxation Chris Jordan is on over $2million a year until 2024.

Our PM gets paid more than the president of the United States.
Senior Public servants get paid much more.
Guess what - it's all done with borrowed money.
That's communism for you -
if you're high up in the party you live like a King.

So the LNP are Communists now? A bigger idiot.

Our PM gets paid about the same as the US President.

PM - AU$549,000
Pres - AU $539,000

Hi idiot,
They are all communists pretending to be capitalists.

https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=720,quality=100/system/media_attachmen...

Look at what he done with refugees who came by boat. He was more hard line right than the nuttiest of the other extreme nutso righters.

Even the ultra right Sydney Boys students protested him attending a fundraising because he had "so flagrantly disregarded human rights."

This shows that the extreme right of the right believed that he went too far to the right.

After this he was moved to social services where the Libs tried to spin wash his reputation back to be something presentable.

ScoMo lacks any trace of empathy he looks better now but underneath those spots are still there.

That's why he can go on an o/s holiday while Australia is burning - he simply does not recognise or understand that is a problem with it until he is told.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2022 at 7:11pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #157 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 4:59pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:38am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:15am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:11am:
You're an idiot .... how is that govt. propaganda?

The govt of the day is a rightwing conservative LNP govt. Roll Eyes

Don't call me an idiot - you idiot.
It was the Libbos who organised a vote on poofter marriage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Marriage_Law_Postal_Survey

Prior to the survey, the Liberal–National Coalition government had pledged to facilitate a private member's bill to legalise same-sex marriage in the Parliament in the event of a "Yes" outcome. This allowed parliamentary debate and a vote eventually leading to the legalisation of same-sex marriage.[4] Both the Coalition and the opposition Labor Party allowed their MPs a conscience vote on the relevant legislation. Had the survey returned a majority "No" result, the government said it would not allow a parliamentary debate or vote on legalising same-sex marriage.

They were pressurised into making a decision on a parliamentary vote.

That still does not make the ABC a proganda outlet for a conservative rightwing LNP govt.

Still an idiot.

The Liberal party stood up for queers to
sodomise each other's stinking backsides
and the ABC pushed the propaganda that it was all OK.
That propaganda was so powerful that idiots voted for it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)
Reply #158 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:12pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:11pm:
We should privatise the ABC/SBS those who like it can buy shares in it. It will save taxpayers over a billion dollars a year. Why should those who don't watch it pay taxes for a small minority who don't want commercials to pay for it?

Crap. SBS and ABC provide local coverage for everyone, including in areas where private media would not bother.

Your argument is stupid. You don't pay taxes for the ABC or SBS. You just pay taxes. Where it's spent is irrelevant. Its not like you would pay less taxes if they didn't fund the ABC. I don't want my taxes to go to the M5 or maintaining the Sydney harbour bridge or the Snowy Hydro scheme ... I certainly don't use them.

Imagine the chaos if everyone got to choose what their taxes paid for. The govt. would never be able to function
Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #159 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:36pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:41am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 10:21am:
Oi Sad Sack!

Let's take a closer look at the budget the ABC enjoys compliments of Scomo ie us!

We're all tightening our belt Post Covid yeah? No pay rises and everybody who is working is working a lot of unpaid overtime.

Meantime the ABC gets an automatic handout of OVER a billion dollars each year!

Let's look at how responsible the ABC has been. For that we'll need to start with its Managing Director.

Exhibit A

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/abc-boss-david-anderson-pockets-...

ABC managing director David Anderson is now paid a salary of over $1 million.

2:23PM OCTOBER 23, 2021

Senior executives at the ABC ­enjoyed bumper salary increases in the past financial year, with the remuneration package of the managing director tipping over $1m and the news director pocketing a 36 per cent rise.

Now let's put this in perspective: Australia's Prime Minister gets paid $549 K. The ABC requires an urgent restructure and needs to be trimmed down by 50% ASAP! The resultant savings must go straight into the bankrupt yes bankrupt Aged Care Sector!

Boom even more money for Aged Care!

There's way too much money being HANDED OUT compliments of the TAX PAYER.

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1642722399/27

^^^ Here's another $55 million I found a few minutes ago.

I reckon we'll find even more money which should be going into Aged Care before dinner time.

I'm still looking for more money on behalf of the bankrupt Aged Care Sector of Australia.

So far we've found :

$ 55 million just here.

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1642722399/30

Half a billion just from the ABC (this organisation is a protected abomination given the massive HAND OUTS it's given each year to fund inter alia ...ridiculous pay increases to its Managing Director and his mates (post Covid19 mind you).

Our own Prime Minister gets nowhere near what ABC's managing director or his executive mates are currently getting.

Meantime our Aged Care Sector sits effectively bankrupt! This directly affects some 4 million vulnerable Australians.

"Population projections for Australia suggest that there will be four million people aged between 65–84 years by 2022 with rapid acceleration of some age groups (over 65, over 85) in the next ten years."

Bottom line ? WE who are Gen X and Gen Y and who have parents and relatives which fit the above baby boomer projections MUST GET OUR FINGER OUT NOW and lobby our govt to FIND and FUND this sector.

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:44pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #160 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:45pm

Quote:
Your argument is stupid. You don't pay taxes for the ABC or SBS. You just pay taxes. Where it's spent is irrelevant.

Says people who like to spend other people's money.

Gnads wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 9:52am:
What is paid in taxes & for electricity there was no excuse for failure to maintain or be able to afford.

Correct. This is a good example of why the government has no place running these businesses. They make decisions that clearly make sense politically, but no private owner would ever make because they make no sense financially.

Quote:
As for the control of our water assets being a national security concern .... why wouldn't it be?

You can't turn everything into a national security issue. The Chinese government isn't going to run off with our sewage pipes.

Quote:
Why did the Brits send bombers into Europe to blow up dams during WW2?

I'm sure it had nothing to do with foreign ownership.

Quote:
You haven't supplied any.

Yes I have. We have been discussing it all through the thread.

Quote:
Private enterprise hasn't reduced the costs ... it's increased them .... always has.

So you keep mindlessly chanting Gnads. It would be easy enough to back up this claim, but you cannot, and you would not even know how.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:54pm by freediver »  

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #161 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 7:21pm

freediver wrote on Apr 13th, 2022 at 5:45pm:
Quote:
As for the control of our water assets being a national security concern .... why wouldn't it be?

You can't turn everything into a national security issue. The Chinese government isn't going to run off with our sewage pipes.

A foreign invading power owning our water supplies no problem ?

They turn off the water and the country would stop in days maybe hours.

Same with telecom networks, power etc. Foreigners owning major critical infrastructure is not the best idea. Unless of course you are an Australian Liberal then the important question is how much will they pay - right ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 7:25pm

Says people who like to spend other people's money.

it's not your money dopey

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 7:26pm

Yes I have.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

and then you woke up

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #164 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 8:17pm

Why did the Brits send bombers into Europe to blow up dams during WW2?

I'm sure it had nothing to do with foreign ownership.

Actually it had everything to do with it - the Chermans owned the dams - the Brits wanted to pork them up by breaking the dams, reducing power supply and flooding their industrial areas.

Didn't work out as well as hoped but it was a good effort.

If the British had owned those dams and not the Germans, would the Germans have allowed them to retain ownership, or for that matter ever have allowed them to buy them?  Better to be safe than sad .....

NO national infrastructure should be vested in foreign hands.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42
Send Topic Print