privatisation (Read 27741 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: privatisation
Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:51pm

freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 4:39pm:
Quote:
It's called 'privatisation', the selling off of state assets to stave off bankruptcy caused by the bank-created debt.

That's not why they do it.

No, they do it to enrich the bank balances of their mates and thereby increase the party donations they get in exchange. Not to mention the job guarantees after they leave office..

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)
Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:53pm

freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2022 at 8:36pm:
What would have been done differently if it was in the government's hands?

they most likely would have had some sort of contingency in place.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #32 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:53pm

aquascoot wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:33pm:
its odd they cant see it bobby.

look at the pandemic

who benefited?

amazon
facebook
netflix
pfizer
bunnings
gerry harvey
the media

big governments right or left, it doesnt matter.
they do what big tech and big corp tell them or they are out.

look at america and joe biden.
military spending is up.
we had trump saying that the USA should mind its own business.
the cia and the military industrial complex went nuts.
in comes biden

did you know biden , obama and hilary dropped more bombs then george bush?
they dropped so many , they ran out of bombs.

nancy pelosi, a so called friend of the down trodden, as woke as f**k is worth 320 million dollars.

how did she get that when her salary is 200k a year.
she brought millions worth of tesla stock just before biden announces an EV mandate.

but because she is woke, the lefties idolise her.

she is laughing so hard at those fools

Looking back at President Obama’s legacy, the Council on Foreign Relation’s Micah Zenko added up the defense department’s data on airstrikes and made a startling revelation: in 2016 alone, the Obama administration dropped at least 26,171 bombs. This means that every day last year, the US military blasted combatants or civilians overseas with 72 bombs; that’s three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day.

Excellent post; and this current miserable state of global affairs is maintained by the current evil bankster -enforced debt-money system,  which the originator of this thread - freediver - deliberately diverted from the MMT thread, to avoid exposure of the evil of the current debt money system.

Freediver stands exposed as a fraud (even by his own admission: "FTW"): he has disabled the 'quote' button in the Modern Monetary Theory thread, in post #125.   

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:33pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:51pm:
Quote:
It's called 'privatisation', the selling off of state assets to stave off bankruptcy caused by the bank-created debt.

No, they do it to enrich the bank balances of their mates and thereby increase the party donations they get in exchange. Not to mention the job guarantees after they leave office..

Bravissimo!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:51pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:53pm:

Ah. So if the government run the electricity grid, there would be a few backup power stations, just in case? Or a second set of power lines?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #35 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:52pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:33pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 4:51pm:
Quote:

Bravissimo!!

You are all missing the real culprits:

...borrowed from wombatwoody, post #124 in the MMT thread:

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1645944963/new

It's called 'privatisation', the selling off of state assets to stave off bankruptcy caused by the bank-created debt. Third World countries are handing over control of their land and resources to the international bankers because they cannot pay back the vast loans made, on purpose, by the banks to ensnare them in this very situation. The world does not have to be in poverty and conflict, it is manipulated to be that way because it serves the bankster's agenda.

Politicians, like all of us,  are slaves to banksters in charge of the current evil debt-money system, which freediver is apparently determined to preserve.

That's why the upcoming Oz election amounts to a choice  of 'tweedle dee-tweedle dum'.

Useless, like all democratic elections, because the debt-money monetary system itself is evil.   

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #36 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:03pm

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 5:51pm:

Ah. So if the government run the electricity grid, there would be a few backup power stations, just in case? Or a second set of power lines?

Stupid questions from an ideological fraud ("FTW").

It's pleasing to see you are being refuted by those bothering to debate your fraudulent ideology; meanwhile the invitation to avoid you forever being exposed as a fraud remains ...by reinstating the 'quote' button in post #125 in the MMT thread. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:28pm

You have no idea what John meant do you?

That's OK, neither does John.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #38 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:38pm

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 3:00pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 2:56pm:

A transmission tower would have had all of its “feet” in a thick pad of cement. We saw one such tower toppled that day, one of its “feet” up in the air—with like a 20L collar of cement around the base of it. That is not how such a massive tower carrying high voltage lines is anchored to the ground! There were also not enough apprentices to get power back up more quickly.

I drove from Gawler to Marion through a blacked out city, cops on duty at major intersections directing traffic with torches. Bit like the blackout in WWIi Britain (apart from car headlights. Eery.)

Who built the tower?

Uh, duh pwivate owna.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #39 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:39pm

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 1:22pm:
Quote:
The notion that the Government shouldn't run/own anything is incredibly short-sighted and is ideologically based.  Even likening it to communism only strengthens that argument.

Quote:
There has been no known successful privatisation in Australia.

How would you know if it was successful or not?

We would all know of some examples of better product, improved service a cost benefit, more effective or improvements in other metrics.

There simply are none and in fact many of there products and services have diminished in quality while increasing in cost.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #40 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:49pm

Preventative maintenance may have been done to reduce the amount of failure and staffing levels would have been appropriate to allow a more reasonable restoration time. Profits would not have all gone to shareholders, wages may have been sufficient to attract and keep the right people and then Profit may have gone into consolidated revenue to help in keeping taxes lower and the budget more healthy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:01pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:38pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 3:00pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 2:56pm:

A transmission tower would have had all of its “feet” in a thick pad of cement. We saw one such tower toppled that day, one of its “feet” up in the air—with like a 20L collar of cement around the base of it. That is not how such a massive tower carrying high voltage lines is anchored to the ground! There were also not enough apprentices to get power back up more quickly.

I drove from Gawler to Marion through a blacked out city, cops on duty at major intersections directing traffic with torches. Bit like the blackout in WWIi Britain (apart from car headlights. Eery.)

Who built the tower?

Uh, duh pwivate owna.

How do you know?

Dnarever wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 6:39pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 1:22pm:
Quote:
The notion that the Government shouldn't run/own anything is incredibly short-sighted and is ideologically based.  Even likening it to communism only strengthens that argument.

Quote:
There has been no known successful privatisation in Australia.

How would you know if it was successful or not?

We would all know of some examples of better product, improved service a cost benefit, more effective or improvements in other metrics.

There simply are none and in fact many of there products and services have diminished in quality while increasing in cost.

In other words, you have no idea at all, and do not even know how to find out. You are just parroting union propaganda.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #42 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:07pm

Because no reputable public utility would do such shoddy work. Because statements were made to that effect—all four feet should have been encased in a thick pad of concrete, not something you or I would do to secure a gatepost.

Maybe you should take the time and read up about that state-wide blackout?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:11pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:07pm:
Because no reputable public utility would do such shoddy work. Because statements were made to that effect—all four feet should have been encased in a thick pad of concrete, not something you or I would do to secure a gatepost.

Maybe you should take the time and read up about that state-wide blackout?

I read that it was a once in 50 year storm. I grew with publicly owned electricity grids and blackouts happened after regular storms.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #44 - Apr 11th, 2022 at 7:13pm

A storm like that. . .only blew over the el cheapo crap put up by the privatised owner.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 42
Send Topic Print