Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The Easter stabby stab Show (Read 3324 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
The Easter stabby stab Show
Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:41am

Why the actual F do we need to import people who breed kids who take a big knife to the Easter Show and stab someone to death?

ttps://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/man-seen-holding-knife-before-fatal...

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: The Easter stabby stab Show
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 11:14am

Hi Gordy - that link doesn't work.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 11:45am

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:17pm

What kind of Usual Suspect was the killer?  Bloody kid gangsters with a huge imagination and a hefty dose of television and video games.

25 to life ........ deportation to be undertaken via the Reverse Boat People Policy as soon as space is available....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:29pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 9:41am:

Dear God!

1. WTF was security like for all incoming visitors?

2. Have any of these incoming visitors heard about Covid19 and how China (right now as I type) is in crisis mode because of it?

OUT OF CONTROL SITUATION ACROSS 2 FRONTS!

Who's in charge again?

Edit :

https://www.rasnsw.com.au/

Let's take a closer look at their conditions for entry.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:31pm

Directly from the website :

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO SYDNEY SHOWGROUND
ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF NSW (‘RAS’) trading as SYDNEY SHOWGROUND and SYDNEY ROYAL EASTER SHOW enforce the following Conditions of Entry to Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127 (the ‘Showground’):
1. LIQUOR LICENCE
Persons seeking entry to the Showground are advised that:
 They are entering a licensed area;
 Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
 Intoxicated persons will be removed from the Showground;
 Alcoholic beverages or opened bottles must not be taken into or from the
Showground and are subject to immediate confiscation;
 Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering;
 It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
 It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol;
 Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police;
 Penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2007.
2. RESTRICTED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following restricted or prohibited items are not permitted into the Showground and are subject to immediate confiscation:
 Glass or breakable containers;
 Cans or metal containers;
 Alcoholic beverages;
 Illicit drugs or paraphernalia;
 Flares, Fireworks, Smoke Bombs or any other explosive device;
 Laser Pointers;
Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
 Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles;
 Large items including eskies, bags that cannot fit under seats;
 Animals unless approved by the RAS;
 Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
 Register rolls or Confetti;
 Commercial food (food purchased from external caterers, including recognized
commercial food brands);
 Cameras and recording devices (for commercial purposes) including tripods;
 Other items as determined by the RAS that may cause injury or public nuisance.
3. GENERAL ENTRY CONDITIONS
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons, the RAS advises that:
1. Person gaining unauthorised access to the Showground and/or any of the Showground’s specific areas may be liable for prosecution;
2. Persons enter the Showground at their own risk and must take proper care of all things they bring onto the Showground, RAS is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property;
3. Persons entering the Showground agree to be responsible for their own actions and indemnify the RAS against any loss or liability, cost, expense or damages arising from or in relation to their acts or omissions;
4. Persons entering the Showground acknowledge that some activities are dangerous. Persons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
5. The RAS reserves the right to inspect and search bags brought into or out of the Showground and search all persons, their clothing and other items of such persons;
6. Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from the RAS will be ejected from the Showground;
7. The RAS may eject person from the Showground for unauthorized sales or hawking of goods and services;
8. The RAS may refuse admission to or eject persons from the Showground at its sole discretion;
9. Persons entering the Showground must adhere to the Work Health & Safety legislation and in particular the RAS’ Work Health and Safety Policy.
10. Smoking (inclusive of electrical cigarettes , personal vapourisers, electronic nicotine delivery systems or any other battery powered vapourisers) is prohibited indoors and at all catering, public seating or spectating areas of the Showground, and where indicated by ‘No Smoking’ signage. Smoking may only be permitted at designated smoking areas.

Indemnity is such a lovely word. 

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:40pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 12:17pm:
What kind of Usual Suspect was the killer?  Bloody kid gangsters with a huge imagination and a hefty dose of television and video games.

Plenty of us honkies are out and about watching violent movies and playing violent video games. None of us are out stabbing people to death.

It would take a considerable amount of provocation for me to put a knife through someone. Considerable to the point of having no other choice.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:28pm:

Plenty of us honkies are out and about watching violent movies and playing violent video games. None of us are out stabbing people to death.

It would take a considerable amount of provocation for me to put a knife through someone. Considerable to the point of having no other choice.

What's a honky?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:46pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:43pm:

What's a honky?

You can google it for a better explanation.

American blacks refer to white people sometimes derogatorily as "honky". The origin of the term came from Hungarian immigrants.

The context of me using it was to be sardonic.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:53pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:46pm:

What's a honky?

American blacks refer to white people sometimes derogatorily as "honky". The origin of the term came from Hungarian immigrants.

Ok. Not sure who was white or black in this stabbing incident.

Whenever I read about stuff like this I automatically see the word BOGAN or GANG in my mind's eye.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:32pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:53pm:

What's a honky?

Whenever I read about stuff like this I automatically see the word BOGAN or GANG in my mind's eye.

A fiver one of them was named Mohammad or Bilal.  Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:32pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 12th, 2022 at 4:53pm:

What's a honky?

A fiver one of them was named Mohammad or Bilal.  Angry

Hubby just watched the news re this incident.

One guy was apparently from Mount Druitt and the other from Blacktown. And belonged to rival gangs. One was an islander and the other a Leb (I think - sorry he mumbles a lot now lol).

All that can really be legitimately stated is this : they were both bona fide bogan gangsters.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 6:58pm

Drug war .... stole his girl at school ..... didn't like the colour of his hair ..... insulted 'em on the train in (always carry a knife in case someone insults you on a train) ....

Can't see myself carrying a knife around, let alone using it.  They came prepared for something.  Never bring a harsh word to a knife fight ....

At my age and heart condition I have little choice with an aggressor than to hurt him/her badly before they get to me or cop a hiding.... don't have the stamina for a drawn out encounter.  If they come at you, drop 'em hard and fast and try to break something.

Read a story last night - a bloke tried to rob a kid's toys store - outside collecting toys for needy kids were 4-5 off-duty US Marines... one grabbed the guy and was stabbed in the arm for his trouble - the guy, when arrested, had two broken arms, legs bust, multiple contusions - all from taking a bad fall running away from that stabbing.  Cops thought it was a sad case of misadventure and charged him.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 8:45pm

When I was 15, we'd go to the Easter Show to have a few rides, flirt with some girls, get some fried cheese on a stick.

Take a knife?   Sad Huh

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 10:41pm

In my late teens, I went to the Show for the first time at night in a long time. Teens about the place trying to pick fights with the other patrons. One sideshow vendor decided to run the teens off. He left his stall open for the taking. There was definitely a bad omen about going to the Show after dark.

Daytime for the Show was a whole lot more family-friendly. The pavilions were open. The riff-raff was not around. I am glad that the Show holiday is on my day off, this year. But, I can probably be assured that the covid restrictions will be in place, given the likelihood that influenza will be in full force.

But, getting stabbed or robbed this year? Not for a regional town where I live.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print