Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Boxing (Read 23341 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Boxing
Reply #150 - Feb 20th, 2023 at 12:38am

WOOD V LARA

After the spectacular almost Fight of the Year (2022) Wood (Eng) v Conlon (Ire).
Wood defended his title against Mexico's Lara.
It was a fight of two hard hitters and just when Lara was looking spent going into unknown rounds with Wood picking off the Rounds, a left hook catches Wood for a KO. That's Boxing!  Grin
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8if8b2

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Boxing: Tim Tszyu wins!
Reply #151 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 9:20pm

Tim Tszyu v Tony Harrison

Tim wins a belt.
Full fight.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8j0y30
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2023 at 9:55pm by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #152 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 9:31pm

When Tim was young he frequently come into where I was working with his dad. Don't remember exactly what Kostya was doing but it would have been boxing related.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #153 - Mar 12th, 2023 at 10:06pm

You said you were working with Kostya, but you didn't know what he was doing?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #154 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 12:13am

Jasin wrote on Mar 12th, 2023 at 10:06pm:
You said you were working with Kostya, but you didn't know what he was doing?

No I said (or should have said - I put it badly) I don't remember exactly what he was working on. I know in general terms. I didn't work directly with him. Fenech was also around the place from time to time.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Boxing: Tim/Nikita Tszyu wins!
Reply #155 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 7:11am

Fair enough.
Big fan of the Tszyu clan.
Danny Green used to work for my old neighbours.
Thought Daniel Geale was an absolute professional and gentleman when I used to go to his Old School Grange gym (where I got absolutely hammered by Mark 'the Liberty' Valance).

Never liked the character and person that was Jeff Fenech of whom I've bumped into a few times. To me, he's a grub.
Never met Mundine. I think in regards to Media he's a tool, but away from it - he's ok.

Nikita also beat Bo Belben easily as well.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Boxing: Nikita & Tim wins
Reply #156 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 9:15am

The Tszyu Brothers need to watch out for the American Media who will try to infuse 'discord' between the two, in favour of their 'Charlo' brothers of whom Tim will fight Jermell Charlo.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #157 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 11:44am

Jasin wrote on Mar 13th, 2023 at 7:11am:
Fair enough.
Thought Daniel Geale was an absolute professional and gentleman when I used to go to his Old School Grange gym (where I got absolutely hammered by Mark 'the Liberty' Valance).

Never liked the character and person that was Jeff Fenech of whom I've bumped into a few times. To me, he's a grub.
Never met Mundine. I think in regards to Media he's a tool, but away from it - he's ok.

Mundine was a very good footballer but not quite as good as he thought. I know people who know him and say that he is a great guy till someone puts a mic in front of him. Have boxing gloves signed by Danny Green.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #158 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 12:43pm

Dnarever wrote on Mar 13th, 2023 at 11:44am:
Fair enough.

Mundine was a very good footballer but not quite as good as he thought. I know people who know him and say that he is a great guy till someone puts a mic in front of him. Have boxing gloves signed by Danny Green.

Danny Green was a good boxer. It's a shame Mundine sucked him in to chase him around the right while Mundine just picked him off on the run. If Green had just stood in the middle and waited for Mundine to save face from being booed from the crowd because of his reluctance to engage, Danny could have won it as Mundine was a good back-foot boxer but definitely wasn't a 'fighter' as proved in many of his other fights.
Sadly for Danny, his last fight - against Tarver could have put him in hospital. Tarver was totally roided up (and admitted it 6 months later) and it showed as he literally pounded Green into oblivion with really hard punches.

Geale was great. A real point scoring machine gun guy. But he didn't have any 'punching power' shots to knock opponents out. GGG just walked through his shots to put Geale away and end his hopes of anything better down the track. Good to see Geale 'out-box' Mundine though.

Never a fan of Fenech. Him and Mundine relied heavily on the Media to make their way more than their actions in the ring. Fenech is a corrupt guy. He had nothing much except a bit more strength than his opponents and the odd 'flurry' signature. Azumah Nelson showed Fenech's bland bully style for what it is and won fairly.

I believe that Fenech even sabotaged Shannon 'Bulli Blaster' Taylor who could have beaten Shane Mosely - but when he got conned into coming under Fenech's Team, they turned him from former foe to a drug-stuffed loser. Taylor was totally 'coked' out in his fight against a surprised Mosely who made easy pickings of Taylor.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #159 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 2:47pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 13th, 2023 at 12:43pm:
Fair enough.

Danny Green was a good boxer. It's a shame Mundine sucked him in to chase him around the right while Mundine just picked him off on the run. If Green had just stood in the middle and waited for Mundine to save face from being booed from the crowd because of his reluctance to engage, Danny could have won it as Mundine was a good back-foot boxer but definitely wasn't a 'fighter' as proved in many of his other fights.
Sadly for Danny, his last fight - against Tarver could have put him in hospital. Tarver was totally roided up (and admitted it 6 months later) and it showed as he literally pounded Green into oblivion with really hard punches.

Geale was great. A real point scoring machine gun guy. But he didn't have any 'punching power' shots to knock opponents out. GGG just walked through his shots to put Geale away and end his hopes of anything better down the track. Good to see Geale 'out-box' Mundine though.

Never a fan of Fenech. Him and Mundine relied heavily on the Media to make their way more than their actions in the ring. Fenech is a corrupt guy. He had nothing much except a bit more strength than his opponents and the odd 'flurry' signature. Azumah Nelson showed Fenech's bland bully style for what it is and won fairly.

I believe that Fenech even sabotaged Shannon 'Bulli Blaster' Taylor who could have beaten Shane Mosely - but when he got conned into coming under Fenech's Team, they turned him from former foe to a drug-stuffed loser. Taylor was totally 'coked' out in his fight against a surprised Mosely who made easy pickings of Taylor.

A sport topic where you seem to know what you are talking about.

It was always difficult playing footy against a boxer. In one game a fight broke out, I reached into the pack and pulled someone out the guy that I grabbed I tried to put back, he just smiled at me, the guy was the current junior lightweight champ of NSW. I was runner up in that day.

Played against another hooker who was a boxer and a poor hooker, I knew that when the scrums got to about 7 - 2 that he was going to unload on me. I upset him one game - I think he hit me three and a half thousand times in 2.5 seconds, I didn't see one of them. I counted that as a win, he broke both his hands and got sent off. I would have been in trouble with the current concussion rule.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #160 - Mar 13th, 2023 at 4:23pm

Dnarever wrote on Mar 13th, 2023 at 2:47pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 13th, 2023 at 12:43pm:
Fair enough.

A sport topic where you seem to know what you are talking about.

It was always difficult playing footy against a boxer. In one game a fight broke out, I reached into the pack and pulled someone out the guy that I grabbed I tried to put back, he just smiled at me, the guy was the current junior lightweight champ of NSW. I was runner up in that day.

Played against another hooker who was a boxer and a poor hooker, I knew that when the scrums got to about 7 - 2 that he was going to unload on me. I upset him one game - I think he hit me three and a half thousand times in 2.5 seconds, I didn't see one of them. I counted that as a win, he broke both his hands and got sent off. I would have been in trouble with the current concussion rule.

Well Football shouldn't be about 'fighting' for starters.
Sport in general and majority is about getting 'fit' and more so than about winning (as some athletes push themselves to 'damaging' limits just to win).
The sports that do involve fighting are specific as in Boxing, MMA, Pro-Wrestling, Wrestling, Sumo, Martial Arts, etc. But these are all 'disciplined' as well.

Australia is known in the world (regarding males) for it's 'sporting violence' reputation. Even 'mental abuse' as in Cricket sledging.

Sooner or later, one of these 'biffos' on the field will end up with the death of someone.
I've seen some real low and nasty things happen in all the codes I've played.
If I ever coached, I would teach my players that if the opposition resort to violence - then it means that we have got the game in the bag as violence is the last refuge of the desperate. The ability to cop a punch and keep focused on the game (ie move away from retaliation) and let the Refs/Umpires/etc do the retaliation in punishment, is a greater strength and a strong 'shield'. I've had five guys punch into me on the field, but I laughed as they were all sent off because they had basically got in the way of each other trying to hit me with any real effect.  Grin That club was expelled the following year for such doings upon other clubs and players.

Every industry has its relation to 'violence' - but done properly like in Sport's case with Boxing, Wrestling, etc. It can be 'disciplined' with a better outcome.
Art, Politics, Medicine, Religion, etc - all have an element of violence... and death about them. Even Golf can kill.

I think Boxing has come a long way in ensuring competitor's safety. I once saw live on TV an australian boxer fall off his stool dead from a brain clot. You can never ever get rid of the 'death' factor in any sport or industry - but you can 'soften the blows' with gloves so to speak.

Kostya was my favourite Boxer of all.
Rated by the Ring Magazine for his weight - as the Most Professional of all time.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #161 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 11:05pm

Gotta be the best Boxing Weigh In I've ever seen.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Ebanie Bridgies & Shannon O'Connell (Both Australia)
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=ebanie+bridges+boxing+figh...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #162 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 11:37pm

Come to think of it. I think I met Ebanie in person while swimming at Huskisson pool years back. She mentioned to me that she was into Muay Thai at the time.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #163 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 11:44pm

Ebanie Bridges is pretty hot. She could use her physique to model and make more money.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #164 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 7:48pm

Awesome action in this YouTube fight.
Count the amount of knockdowns.
Orthodox v Southpaw.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=AnEsonGib+beat+Austin+McBroom&&view=detail&...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Send Topic Print