mothra wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 8:12am:
Frank wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 8:11am:
mothra wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 7:15am:
Frank wrote on Mar 29th, 2023 at 9:21pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Mar 29th, 2023 at 4:43pm:
Yeah, charming chap, for a racist.

Tell us one racist thing he said.

Go on.

The thing you don't understand and that you will never understand is that Enoch Powell is every bit as ridiculous as Madison Grant or any other of the xenophobic loonies over the decades who've been telling us immigration will be the end of us when in reality, the biggest threat we collectively face is far right extremism.

Multiculturalism itself seems to be going along swimmingly. Sure there are some rough patches but we know they always even out in time, enriching us as they do.

Enoch Powell and Madison Grant and all of those ridiculous eugenicists before, during and after them .... take a bow, Frank. How they've consistently proven through he ages that they're idiots. All of that red under the beds crap and it's white nationalists after all.

Hilarious.

And now we have Pauline? Brilliant.

Wasn't there a thread on here about society devolving? Or am i mixing up my hate sites?

But you support an ENTIRELY race-based, eugenicists Aboriginal chamber of parliament.

You're out of your mind.

You don't?

Mothra, do you support the race based Voice to be in the Constitution?

Yeah but no but yeah but no but?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: National identity
Reply #46 - Feb 9th, 2024 at 8:14pm

Sometimes a storm in a teacup tells us about the weather outside. This is the case with a recent row at London’s Globe Theatre, where the artistic director, actress Michelle Terry, has cast herself in the role of Richard III. This move aroused criticism because disabled actors felt that the role should have gone to one of them. That a woman should play so masculine a role, or that the director should choose herself to play the role, drew no attention.

The burden of the actors’ outrage was that Richard III was disabled and therefore ought to be played by a disabled actor. But as Shakespeare portrays him, Richard III was not disabled. (And in reality, he was scoliotic, not kyphotic). Shakespeare portrays him as an accomplished seducer and a ferocious warrior. He did not cry, “Some crutches! Some crutches! My kingdom for some crutches!” at the scene of the battle of Bosworth Field. He cried for a horse that surely would have been useless to him had he been severely handicapped.

In any case, the demand that actors should play only those parts that are somehow consonant with what we now call their “lived experience” is self-evidently absurd. If taken seriously, Richard III would have to be played by a member of the Royal Family (Prince Andrew, perhaps?), for only such a person could know or imagine what it was like to be a royal person and covet the crown. Taken to its logical conclusion, or its reductio ad absurdum, the argument would mean that the only person an actor could play was him- or herself.

Of course, a happy medium exists, though we are increasingly unable to find it. We should not expect Ophelia to be played by a 90-year-old crone. We should add difficulties in the way of an audience’s “willing suspension of disbelief,” as Coleridge put it, by casting a tall man as short or a short man as tall.

The whole silly controversy reveals to what absurdities we have sunk, thanks to identity politics and a willful misunderstanding, for the sake of personal or group advantage, of what wrongful discrimination is. Storms in teacups can be revealing.

Theodore Dalrymple is a contributing editor of City Journal, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, and the author of many books.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Feb 10th, 2024 at 12:54pm

Why should an American care what happens in an English theatre, Soren?  "My kingdom for a Badger!"  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Feb 10th, 2024 at 1:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 10th, 2024 at 12:54pm:
Why should an American care what happens in an English theatre, Soren?  "My kingdom for a Badger!"  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

because "The whole silly controversy reveals to what absurdities we have sunk, thanks to identity politics and a willful misunderstanding, for the sake of personal or group advantage, of what wrongful discrimination is. Storms in teacups can be revealing."

Who is the 'American' you are referring to, silly duffer?  And why do YOU care about what happens in an English theatre, cockwomble, enough to chip in with your idiotic nonsense?

Also on the broader context on the subject:

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1707495081/4#4
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2024 at 2:04pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 9:36am

Sweden has been transformed by immigration.

When the large wave of refugees came to Sweden in 2015, I took a stand for openness and refugees welcome. I then opposed the restructuring of migration policy to a stricter line that took place within the Moderates.

But I have changed my mind on the matter. Now, instead, I represent an even stricter migration policy than the one I opposed at the time.

Sweden today is a completely different country than it was at the end of the 20th century. In modern times, Sweden per capita has received the most immigrants in the Western world and the rate of immigration has been higher than in other Western countries. Today, over a third of Sweden's population has a foreign background. In 1987, the corresponding figure was 11 percent.

Approximately 20 percent of our residents have non-European and non-Western ancestry. In Europe, only France, Great Britain and the Netherlands can show a similar figure, but the structure of immigration in these countries is linked to immigration from old colonies.

In several Swedish municipalities, over half of the residents have a foreign background. The change that Sweden has undergone and is undergoing is fundamentally changing the country.

It is obvious to me that the large immigration to Sweden has been followed by several major problems.
In several Swedish municipalities, over half of the residents have a foreign background. The change that Sweden has undergone and is undergoing is fundamentally changing the country.

In a new report , the Social Democrats themselves write: "The biggest social change during the 21st century in Sweden is the changed demography due to immigration. Sweden has gone from being one of the western world's most homogeneous countries to the western world's most diverse and heterogeneous country."

A high level of migration in a relatively short period of time naturally affects the possibility of integration. The conditions for integrating people into Swedish society are becoming more difficult as immigration increases. It leads to an exclusion that is burdensome, both for the people who live there and for society at large.

For the integration to work, people who both want to move here and who already live here need to adapt to Swedish society and our values. You need to work, speak Swedish and do your duty before you demand your right. Those who do not want to adapt and integrate should not stay in Sweden either. Deportation or repatriation should then be a real option.
https://www.expressen.se/debatt/jag-har-andrat-mig--om-invandringen/

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:35am

Labor club mocked for promo video containing just one Australian: ‘Of course we weren’t born in your country’

The video has attracted criticism since it was posted on the club’s Instagram account on May 21, with one X user sharing it with a caption mocking the meme format: “We’re the Labor Club, of course there’s only one person in this video with an Australian accent.”

“We’re the Labor Club, of course we were born overseas,” read one comment on that post.

Another user shared the clip with the title “Checking in on Young Labor” and attracted dozens of similar comments.

“We’re the Labor club, of course we weren’t born in your country, saar,” said one.

“We’re Young Labor, of course we’re going to help facilitate White replacement,” said another.

“We’re the Labor club, of course we can’t pronounce basic English words,” a third wrote.

https://x.com/NoticerNews/status/1800833823028244721

https://www.noticer.news/labor-club-video-mocked-melbourne-uni/

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:36am

Australia expelled Indian spies who were operating with impunity inside the rapidly growing immigrant community, but successive governments failed to inform the public and instead signed damaging trade and immigration deals.

Australia’s intelligence agencies became aware in 2020 that Indian operatives were trying to access sensitive defence technology, breach airport security protocols, and target politicians and a state police force, an investigation by Four Corners has revealed.

And even when intelligence chief Mike Burgess publicly announced the following year that a “nest of spies” from an unnamed country had been confronted and removed, then-prime minister Scott Morrison kept quiet about the country responsible.

At least four spies were expelled, some who had been working as diplomats at India’s high commission, which made headlines earlier this year when the country’s former high commissioner, Navdeep Suri Singh, was ordered to pay $97,000 to a former staffer he made work in “slave-like” conditions at his Canberra home.

Politicians told Four Corners that the number of secret expulsions put India “on par” with countries notorious for their intelligence operations, such as China and Russia, while Greens senator David Shoebridge said India should have been condemned at the time.

But despite the interruption of the Indian spy network, critics of the Modi government said agents were still operating in Australia, threatening dissidents here and their families in India, and setting up community organisations which aim to infiltrate politics at the local, state and federal levels.

Mr Morrison, who often pandered to the Indian immigrant population – Australia’s fastest growing foreign group – by cooking curries and posing for photos with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, went on to sign a Free Trade Agreement in 2022 that has been criticised for guaranteeing entry to unneeded Indian “skilled workers”.

When the current Labor government was elected later that year, new Prime Minister Anthony Albanese continued where Mr Morrison left off, painting dots on his forehead and signing an unprecedented immigration deal described by critics as “open borders for Indians”.

The May 2023 deal allowed for five-year student visas for Indians, eight-year temporary work visas for Indian graduates, unlimited work rights for spouses, and three-month visitor visas for family or business purposes, with no caps on numbers.

Another scheme allowed 3,000 Indian graduates to work and stay in Australia for up to two years and then apply for permanent skilled visas.

Economist Leith van Onselen wrote in Macrobusiness last week that Mr Morrison’s FTA “baked in the importation of yoga teachers”, after it was revealed that Labor’s Jobs and Skills Australia consultation list prioritises those workers ahead of skilled migrants supposedly needed to build homes.

According to the document, yoga instructors, martial artists and dog handlers can be fast-tracked into Australia while plumbers, bricklayers and cabinetmakers are not on the core skills list.

The Morrison FTA put 1,800 yoga teachers in a special category along with chefs, allowing them to stay for more than four years.

“The yoga instructor visa farce was basically a gift to India, alongside the recently signed migration pacts that gives greater rights to Indians wishing to work and migrate to Australia than other nations,” Mr van Onselen wrote.

“Through its various dumb migration deals, Australia has effectively Swiss cheesed its immigration policy, reduced its ability to control migration numbers and quality, and reduced Australia’s sovereignty in controlling its borders.  We are not a serious country.”

Australia’s Indian population grew from 378,480 in 2013 to 845,800 in 2023 – from 1.6% of the population to 3.2%. Almost 250,000 of those have arrived since 2018, including 92,940 in the last financial year alone.

They are the largest immigrant group in Victoria at 272,250, making up 4.2% of the state’s population, the vast majority in Melbourne.

Earlier this year Hindus in Melton on the city’s outskirts demanded open-air funeral pyres at a new cemetery so Indian immigrants can cremate their dead like they do in their home country.
https://www.noticer.news/indian-spies-infiltrate-australia/

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:38am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 9th, 2023 at 12:58pm:
most democrats are probably not doing well in life.

More stupidity from the resident poo shoveller Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 11:28am

Black to the Future: Afr0-Futurism as Archival Practice

Black to the Future: Afr0-Futurism as Archival Practice, is a four-week course that considers these very questions by exploring the concept of Afr0-Futurism and Pan Africanism respectively. We will learn about the conceptual and aesthetic practice of Black artists, thinkers and multi-disciplinary practitioners whose ideas of global African identities, science and speculative fiction, space and time travel not only critiqued racial oppression but re-imagined equitable societies.

This course is taught by Janine Francois and is a response to Larry Achiampong's 2022 Art on the Underground commission, ‘PAN AFRICAN FLAGS FOR THE RELIC TRAVELLERS’ ALLIANCE (UNION)’ which re-imagines London Underground’s iconic roundel, for Westminster Underground station.

Art and Activism in the Age of Black Girl Magic

Art  and Activism in the Age of Black Girl Magic is a four-week course that examines the themes present in modern and contemporary artworks by Black women and Black non-binary artists. Their contributions to visual artistic production are further explored through the lens of Black feminist thought and action in social and protest movements in contemporary history.

This course is a response to Joy Labinjo’s large-scale Art on the Underground commission, '5 more minutes’ which launched at Brixton Underground station in November 2021.

https://www.black-blossoms.online/art-on-the-underground-x-black-blossoms

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #54 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 12:33pm

Australia is becoming Frank-en-Stein state as the followers of a death cult take over both political parties and the overt racism breaks out of the shadows.

Australia is just another child of Uncle Sam without independence from US or UK.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 1:37pm

We have no national identity other than consumerism, shopping malls, social hand outs, imported Toyotas, soft sentencing, the glory of being born overseas, and compulsory voting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identity

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 12th, 2024 at 5:57pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jun 18th, 2024 at 1:37pm:
We have no national identity other than consumerism, shopping malls, social hand outs, imported Toyotas, soft sentencing, the glory of being born overseas, and compulsory voting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identity

This is both nonsense - and something you can say about every Western country with large scale third world immigration.  What is Sweden or Belgium to a Somali, Afghan, Iraqi or Nigerian? Are they going there to become Swedes or Belgians? Of course not.

Are Muslim immigrants to the West come with a desire to be Western according to their chosen country's national version of Western civilisation - to be German, Swiss, Danish, Irish, Australian?? No. They are bringing Islam and plant it there and insist that the infidel dogs respect it - or else.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 14th, 2024 at 3:30pm

How it started

How it's going

https://x.com/slatzism/status/1831334628025921888?s=43