Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Greens are puppets (Read 10161 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Greens are puppets
Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 9:45pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 8:55pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 2:15pm:
The Greens are a front for a collective of unserious juvenile Trots and woke progs and poseurs:

Mr Andrews said the rebuilt hospital would be named after the late monarch, “as a mark of respect to her unwavering commitment to healthcare and our community”.

But Indigenous groups and the Greens have attacked the government over the move, claiming it will make Aboriginal Victorians feel “culturally unsafe”.

Unsafe. What a load of complete bollox.

see what your neoliberal orthodoxy, blaming poverty and disadvantage on its victims - who don't understand WHY poverty exits -  does to peoples' thinking?

You do realise, don't you, that you are parroting crap completely and utterly unrelated to anything and especially unrelated to the highlighted bit.  You do see the highlighted bit, don't you, and you do have some faint notion about what highlighting means?
Or no? Do you just shout the same automatic shite regardless of what went before you in a discussion?
(Yes, of course he does. Minds were confiscated in the " common prosperity one party meritoc... ra...  Zzzzz...   sleeeeeep.....)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:00pm

Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 9:45pm:
The Greens are a front for a collective of unserious juvenile Trots and woke progs and poseurs:

Mr Andrews said the rebuilt hospital would be named after the late monarch, “as a mark of respect to her unwavering commitment to healthcare and our community”.

But Indigenous groups and the Greens have attacked the government over the move, claiming it will make Aboriginal Victorians feel “culturally unsafe”.

see what your neoliberal orthodoxy, blaming poverty and disadvantage on its victims - who don't understand WHY poverty exits -  does to peoples' thinking?

You do realise, don't you, that you are parroting crap completely and utterly unrelated to anything and especially unrelated to the highlighted bit.

oh dear I have to lead you by the hand again.

People see Liz as an oppressor, because of  their perception of cultural oppression by the "invaders" - of which Liz is a representative. Hence they feel "culturally unsafe"....though the real problem is economic exclusion in the modrrn competitive market  economy.

Quote:
  You do see the highlighted bit, don't you, and you do have some faint notion about what highlighting means?

Yes, as explained above....while you are typically incapable of seeing the connecton between cause and effect.

Quote:
Or no? Do you just shout the same automatic shite regardless of what went before you in a discussion?

explained above, don't blame me for your blinkered 'black and white' vision and damaged powers of analysis. ...and stop blaiming poverty on its victims.

Dealing with Grapps is tiresome enough, and now you jump in, equally incapable of joining the dots...

Quote:
(Yes, of course he does. Minds were confiscated in the " common prosperity one party meritoc... ra...  Zzzzz...   sleeeeeep.....)

Your mind  hasn't made it past the reptilian brain stage yet.   

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:06pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:04pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:00pm:

You do realise, don't you, that you are parroting crap completely and utterly unrelated to anything and especially unrelated to the highlighted bit.

People see Liz as an oppressor, because of  their perception of cultural oppression by the "invaders" - of which Liz is a representative. Hence they feel "culturally unsafe"....

Moronic nonsense. Just too stupid.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 9:33am

So, the Greens and some Indigenous groups have decided Aborig­inal Australians will feel culturally unsafe at this new hospital in Melbourne. How lucky are Aboriginal people in Victoria to have these caring gatekeepers who know exactly how they all feel about the name of a hospital?
I cannot help but think such a display of virtue signalling communicates to Aboriginal Australians that they are so fragile that a name such as Queen Elizabeth II for a hospital is threatening.  And might it possibly produce some reactionary guilt in non-Aboriginal Australians simply because they are not Aboriginal and not affected by the naming of a hospital?

Before colonisation, Aboriginal Australians were able to live under harsh conditions that few of us could endure for more than three or four days. They were tough people. It would seem that for some of today’s Aboriginal people, their strength, like their ancestry, is greatly diluted. Yes, I am expecting the offendarati (a term coined by the great cartoonist Bill Leak) to come after me for that last sentence, possibly because I have violated their cultural safety.

If it is true that some Aboriginal Australians may feel unsafe because the name of the new hospital refers to the late Queen, do these same Aboriginal Australians feel unsafe when handling currency that has the Queen’s image on it? Where will this ridiculousness end?

Of course, this is just the latest example where it is assumed Aboriginal people are fragile and need protection from names, national holidays, anthems, brand names and cartoons. I have seen academics tripping over themselves to ensure there is cultural safety for Aboriginal students and staff. Interestingly, I don’t see similar concerns for students and staff of other cultures.
Anthony Dillon

"Culturally unsafe". What the hell does that mean?
This is another example of why the voice will be voted down.  Divisive woke politics and racial segregation in the constitution will not fix disadvantage and bring reconciliation. Bringing on an constitutional amendment that may very well be defeated, as it should be, will set back Aboriginal integration by decades.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2022 at 9:46am by Frank »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #19 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 12:35pm

I somehow miss the connection where countries becoming power self sufficient by increased green technology somehow helps Russia ?

Kermit is a green puppet. Is this who you mean?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 12:50pm

Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:04pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 20th, 2022 at 10:00pm:

People see Liz as an oppressor, because of  their perception of cultural oppression by the "invaders" - of which Liz is a representative. Hence they feel "culturally unsafe"....

Moronic nonsense. Just too stupid.

please elaborate.....

What part of a PERCEPTION of "culturally unsafe" are you objecting to?

The gap is a killer (taking 10 years off average life exectancy), related to cultural and economic issues.

Poverty (and incarceration) is  also related to reduced life expectancy in nonblacks, but the gap is HUGE for blacks. 

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:03pm

Do Aborigines feel "culturally unsafe" at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital at Coopers Plains in Brisbane?  At the Prince Charles Hospital at Chermside?   At the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown? Royal North Shore at St Leonards  (double triggers!!)? Prince of Wales, Randwick? St George Hospital, Kogarah? Royal Darwin Hospital? Royal Perth? King Edward, Subiaco?

"Culturally unsafe"  is stark staring, raving madness. No wonder it took the looney Greens Trots to come up with it and a CCP stooge to wring his hands over it here.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:34pm

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:03pm:
Do Aborigines feel "culturally unsafe" at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital at Coopers Plains in Brisbane?

well apparently they resent the name of a  representative of the former colonizers....

Quote:
At the Prince Charles Hospital at Chermside?   At the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown? Royal North Shore at St Leonards  (double triggers!!)? Prince of Wales, Randwick? St George Hospital, Kogarah? Royal Darwin Hospital? Royal Perth? King Edward, Subiaco?

The thing is, 'closing the gap' is all the rage at the moment, with a voice to parliament being the subject of an upcoming  referendum. 

So the 'culture vultures' are indeed having a field day...for which you are to blame because the gap still exists after 2 centuries, as a result of cancellation of the CDEP scheme by fools like you. 

Quote:
"Culturally unsafe"  is stark staring, raving madness.

I would describe it as emotional propaganda, part of a misplaced attempt to close the gap. 

Quote:
No wonder it took the looney Greens Trots to come up with it and a CCP stooge to wring his hands over it here.

Addressed above.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:12pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:44pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:34pm:
Do Aborigines feel "culturally unsafe" at the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital at Coopers Plains in Brisbane?

well apparently they resent the name of a  representative of the former colonizers....

Quote:
At the Prince Charles Hospital at Chermside?   At the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown? Royal North Shore at St Leonards  (double triggers!!)? Prince of Wales, Randwick? St George Hospital, Kogarah? Royal Darwin Hospital? Royal Perth? King Edward, Subiaco?

The thing is, 'closing the gap' is all the rage at the moment, with a voice to parliament being the subject of an upcoming  referendum. 

So the 'culture vultures' are indeed having a field day...for which you are to blame because the gap still exists after 2 centuries, as a result of cancellation of the CDEP scheme by fools like you. 

Quote:

I would describe it as emotional propaganda, part of a misplaced attempt to close the gap. 

Quote:
No wonder it took the looney Greens Trots to come up with it and a CCP stooge to wring his hands over it here.

Addressed above.

You are a monomaniac parrot about CDEP as if no other Aboriginal employment scheme existed.

There are dozens, at every level.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:47pm

Well, they are very welcome to go to the 40 thousand year old traditional Aboriginal hospitals operated by any of the 200 or so First Nations.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:11pm

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:44pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Addressed above.

You are a monomaniac parrot about CDEP as if no other Aboriginal employment scheme existed.
There are dozens, at every level.

And you are still running away from the CDEP as the only one which reduced drunkeness and incarceration rates in black communiites, in favour of other stop gap schemes which are doomed to fail.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:15pm

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 2:47pm:

Well, they are very welcome to go to the 40 thousand year old traditional Aboriginal hospitals operated by any of the 200 or so First Nations.

That won't close the gap, regardless of what you or they think about "cultural unsafeness".

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 10:22pm

I would go so far to say that the Greens are more muppets than puppets.

I used to vote Greens a lot.
But since they ventured out of the forest and into every non-environmental issue they could get their hands on.
I stopped voting for them - they had become UnGreen.
Now they are just another Rogue (Media induced) Political Party seeking power over any environmental issue.

As soon as they wanted to legalise Weed and Heroin, I knew the Greens had been taken over by the American 'Hippies', from the Australian (drug free) Ferals.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 10:56pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:15pm:

That won't close the gap, regardless of what you or they think about "cultural unsafeness".

Let them go to traditional, pre-colonial Aboriginal hospitals.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #29 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:26am

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 10:56pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 3:15pm:

Let them go to traditional, pre-colonial Aboriginal hospitals.

You already said that piece of nonsense, in your last comment.

Of course they can't do that, the Oz environment has completely changed in the last 2 centuries, and  blacks are locked out of vast swathes of the  more productive land.

which means the Oz government will need to institute policies to close the gap.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print