Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec (Read 3032 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec
Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:02pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:35pm

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:41pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:35pm:

Agreed. And the evidence suggests that what happened on Jan 6 was a well-coordinated attempt to subvert the Constitution.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:07pm

Well, let's see what comes from this hand grenade I have tossed at a Yank Forum.

Link.

My bet is that it will be moved to a lesser read part of that Forum or at worst deleted entirely.

All the gun nut Rambos will bite I am sure.

Still, I am not trolling, but it seems no matter what anyone says on that Forum, the gun nuts will never ever ever change their position. I am not gonna give up there.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:13pm

Is that the one where a bunch of Nerds lead by a Buffalo Shamen marched into a heavily armed Government Building during an oppressive rule by Transgender Democrats and got shot for messing up the paperwork?

Definitely couldn't have been those Terrorism Riots upon ordinary Americans by tens of thousands of BLM's on the rampage burning, looting, killing, raping and destroying ordinary citizen's livelihoods... bashings and more because of a junkie being black and dying from a drug overdose effect - all for the Lefty anti-Trump Media?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:14pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:07pm:
Well, let's see what comes from this hand grenade I have tossed at a Yank Forum.

Link.

My bet is that it will be moved to a lesser read part of that Forum or at worst deleted entirely.

Still, I am not trolling, but it seems no matter what anyone says on that Forum, the gun nuts will never ever ever change their position. I am not gonna give up there.

You should be honest and use the same screen name across all boards, I do.

The only insurrection was the one that succeeded by the Democrats who stole the election and have been working diligently to destroy the country! The murder of Ashli Babbitt and the multiple of identified government plants instigating violence have been ignored and denied! Are things better then they were two or three years ago. I know some hungry poor people that still can't face the fact their vote is responsible for their current financial shortages. 

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:17pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:14pm:

Link.

The only insurrection was the one that succeeded by the Democrats who stole the election and have been working diligently to destroy the country! The murder of Ashli Babbitt and the multiple of identified government plants instigating violence have been ignored and denied! Are things better then they were two or three years ago. I know some hungry poor people that still can't face the fact their vote is responsible for their current financial shortages. 

Poor dumb Morty

Quote:
As a report from the Brookings Institution put it: “President Joe Biden legitimately won a fair and secure 2020 presidential election—and Donald Trump lost. This historical fact has been uncontroverted by any evidence since at least November 7, 2020, when major news outlets projected Biden’s victory. But Trump never conceded. Instead, both before and after Election Day, he tried to delegitimize the election results by disseminating a series of far-fetched and evidence-free claims of fraud. Meanwhile, with a ring of close confidants, Trump conceived and implemented unprecedented schemes to—in his own words—“overturn” the election outcome. Among the results of this “Big Lie” campaign were the terrible events of January 6, 2021—an inflection point in what we now understand was nothing less than an attempted coup.”

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:50pm

Quote:
resident Joe Biden legitimately won a fair and secure

No accounting for gullibility. We have been over it multiple times, there was no way biden could win an honest election and he admitted they had the greatest voter fraud organization in place.  Are you better off then you were two years ago? When I go to buy gasoline I should have to pay $1.89 per gallon and all you brandon supporters need to make up the difference! You need to cover the cost for inflation the poor working people have to pay for food! When companies can no longer meet payroll you need to be the first let go. Whether you voted or not your support for this disaster you need to own it and not try to blame anyone else. You and your corrupt puppet did this!

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:08am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:50pm:
Quote:
resident Joe Biden legitimately won a fair and secure

No accounting for gullibility. We have been over it multiple times, there was no way biden could win an honest election and he admitted they had the greatest voter fraud organization in place.  Are you better off then you were two years ago? When I go to buy gasoline I should have to pay $1.89 per gallon and all you brandon supporters need to make up the difference! You need to cover the cost for inflation the poor working people have to pay for food! When companies can no longer meet payroll you need to be the first let go. Whether you voted or not your support for this disaster you need to own it and not try to blame anyone else. You and your corrupt puppet did this!

Amobarbital may help, Morty.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:09am

FBI arrests Ryan Kelley, GOP candidate for Michigan governor, for his role in Capitol riot

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gop-governor-candidate-ryan-kelley-arrested-by-f...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:12am

Link.

And right on cue it is moved:

Quote:
Your thread Friday will see a hearing on the United States' January 6 insurrection. Here's what we know was moved to a different forum. Reason: Rule 11--Threads in Current Events and Latest News must be linked to an article. Adfundum.

The dickhead can't read even to the second line of my post where the word 'Link' clearly appears.  I have appealed the movement, and let's see if Adfundum corrects his error.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:27am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:14pm:

Link.

Non sequitur, you idiot!

Amazing that you still believe your democracy was stolen.  So taking that at face value, where were you and your guns on Jan 6, 2021?  Why were you not heroically exercising your claimed rights under the 2nd Amendment?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:44am

Link.

From this link : Now, I am very pleased that what I am about to say did not happen, but I call out those bullish gun toting right wing conservatives here, those who demand that their right to be bear arms is to protect them from rogue Governments and to save their democracy....where were you on Jan 6 with yer guns to save the USA? Huh? Hypocrits? Basement dwelling keyboard warriors?

Where were you?

Seems to me the best 'you' were able to muster as a leader of the charge was some idiot wearing horns and his sister's make up, an idiot who later cried to Mummy. An idiot who had schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety.

Where were all you outraged Rambos?

Bah humbug!

I've been thinking long and hard about the gun debate ( Greggary and Baronvonrort are IMO 2 principal posters who should probably start a proper online debate about it).

When it comes to guns and the US...you will find that we (ie Aussies) are trying to understand another country using our Australian mentality/perspective. We've grown up in a different environment, with different experiences and indeed our country has a completely different history.

The commonalities btwn the US and Australia is as follows:

The English turned up and took over both the US and Australia.

Over time these English changed as they adapted to their respective environments.

The process of change is where things veer into different directions.

And I truly believe it has a lot to do with getting rid of the Indians AND the War of Independence. Also the English who settled in the US were not criminals or convicts...they were religious zealots or extremists. Still English though.

Anyway with the much needed assistance of guns they were able to survive the brutal conditions of the US (they had to shoot animals to eat and shoot wild bears etc coming to attack them) and shooting also included the Indians and the English.

Eventually gun ownership and gun use evolved to become the US MO...the new normal. (Think American Civil War and the Sth not being able to accept the abolition of slavery as it underpinned their entire way of life).

And so here we are today.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:46am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:44am:

Link.

I've been thinking long and hard about the gun debate ( Greggary and Baronvonrort are IMO 2 principal posters who should probably start a proper online debate about it).

When it comes to guns and the US...you will find that we (ie Aussies) are trying to understand another country using our Australian mentality/perspective. We've grown up in a different environment, with different experiences and indeed our country has a completely different history.

Over time these English changed as they adapted to their respective environments.

And I truly believe it has a lot to do with getting rid of the Indians AND the War of Independence. Also the English who settled in the US were not criminals or convicts...they were religious zealots or extremists. Still English though.

Anyway with the much needed assistance of guns they were able to survive the brutal conditions of the US (they had to shoot animals to eat and shoot wild bears etc coming to attack them) and shooting also included the Indians and the English.

Eventually gun ownership and gun use evolved to become the US MO...the new normal. (Think American Civil War and the Sth not being able to accept the abolition of slavery as it underpinned their entire way of life).

Americans are trained from birth to believe thier guns equal their freedoms

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:17pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:46am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:44am:

Link.

Americans are trained from birth to believe thier guns equal their freedoms

Are you gonna pretend to be normal and behave today? If so I'll respond. Otherwise I'll make fun of you and/or post over you. Ok?

-------------------------------------------------------

Americans are brought up in a particular type of environment - one that's resulted on account of hundreds of years of experiences we've NOT had in Australia.

For starters ... we (ie not me but the original English who came to Australia) did not at any stage pick up guns to start shooting the English in the name of Independence. We never had a War of Independence.

And to think ... the English that turned up here in Australia were convicts ie convicted criminals whilst the English that turned up in the US were religious zealots. I get that's only a part of the narrative but you can't help but notice little things here and there as you struggle to understand how/why the US and Australia evolved into 2 very distinct societies (even well before WW1).

A few other observations come to mind.

1. The US had natives (ie native Americans).
2. They also imported (and grew yes grew) Negro slaves. They were not considered humans.

1. We had natives too (Aborigines). They tended to be docile and not war like. We never considered them to be human either. They were in fact regarded as Flora and Fauna.

2. We didn't import Negro slaves.

The native Americans and the Negroes then became the enemy after the English of course. That meant more gun ownership and gun use.

Notice something here? What is continually feeding the need for gun ownership and gun use? A new perceived enemy.

Am I over analysing this issue?

I don't know. I'm merely an outsider ... an Aussie. Even then I'm only a 1st Generation Aussie. I'm 100% European blooded in fact. Forget the US perspective...do I really understand the Aussie perspective?

Then there is the issue of time. Am I able to grasp the core standards, ethics and values of people who ceased to exist hundreds of years ago? Or is this a futile exercise in itself?

I might just have to conclude that I'm limited in "getting the full picture" when it comes to gun ownership and gun use in the USA.

I'm glad I live in Australia. Why? It's a far SAFER country. And for me ... SAFETY is important in this complex analysis because once again ... I'm thinking of children. 🥺😩

« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:26pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print