Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec (Read 3061 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec
Reply #150 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 11:39am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 5:06am:
Mortdooley wrote on Jun 15th, 2022 at 10:45pm:

Morty, your meme refers to the Virginia-based Energy behemoth Dominion Energy Services, Inc., which has nothing whatsoever to do with the company Dominion Voting Services.

But then again, you already knew that didn't you dear.

Was it just an honest mistake, Morty?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:05pm

Quote:
Trump's advisers thought his plan was 'nuts', and warned of street riots

The committee played videotaped testimony from Eric Herschmann, a lawyer advising Mr Trump, expressing incredulity at Mr Eastman's theory that a vice-president could overturn an election.

"Are you out of your effing mind?" Mr Herschmann recalled asking Mr Eastman in the recorded testimony.

"You're going to turn around and tell 78-plus million people in this country that your theory is this is how you're going to invalidate their votes?" he said.

"You're going to cause riots in the streets."

Mr Herschmann said Mr Eastman dismissively said "words to the effect of, 'There's been violence in the history of our country to protect the democracy or protect the Republic.'"

A text message from Fox News's Sean Hannity to Mr Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows about the plan in the run-up to January 6 read: "I'm very worried about the next 48 hours."

Mr Trump's campaign adviser Jason Miller said those around Mr Trump called it "crazy".

Greg Jacob, an attorney for Mr Pence, said the main proponent of that theory, attorney John Eastman, admitted in front of Mr Trump two days before the attack that his plan to have Mr Pence halt the procedure would violate the law.

Mr Jacob said that even Mr Eastman didn't appear to believe his own wild theories.

"He said, 'Absolutely, Al Gore did not have a basis to do it in 2000. Kamala Harris shouldn't be able to do it in 2024 but I think you should do it today,'" Mr Jacob recounted of one conversation with Mr Eastman.

The committee has said the plan was illegal, and a federal judge has said it is "more likely than not" Mr Trump committed crimes in his attempt to stop the certification.

Retired federal judge Michael Luttig called the plan from Mr Eastman, his former law clerk, "incorrect at every turn", and said he would "have laid my body across the road before I would have let the vice-president overturn the 2020 election."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-17/us-capitol-riots-january-6-hearing-key-mo...

Is this Trumps death knell ? He was advised that pursuing this avenue was not onlu illegal but that it could cause riots and he pursued it anyway.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:06pm

Morty, your meme refers to the Virginia-based Energy behemoth Dominion Energy Services, Inc., which has nothing whatsoever to do with the company Dominion Voting Services.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

trumpards really ARE morons aren''t they!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:12pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:06pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

They certainly are.

They saw the word 'Dominion' and didn't even stop to consider that there might be more than one company in the world with that name.

Morty has an awful lot of egg on his face with this one   Smiley

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #154 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:12pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:06pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

They certainly are.

They saw the word 'Dominion' and didn't even stop to consider that there might be more than one company in the world with that name.

Morty has an awful lot of egg on his face with this one   Smiley

Yes Trump got someone in from Dominion - Apparently he really liked the leather restraints. 

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 3:26pm

Excuse I, Mort, is this true? Your ex-hero, the great AG Barr, received funds from Dominion Energy rather than Dominion Voting Systems?

Why didn't you say?

Greggery's gone to the trouble of researching your claim and come up with the truth, but it raises an important question. Why are you coming to our board to spread fake claims?

And if you would spread porkies about your former heroes, what else have you told fibs about? More importantly, what do you plan to lie about in future? Is it possible that your entire purpose here is to sow falsehood and spread fake news?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #156 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 3:32pm

Karnal wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 3:26pm:
Excuse I, Mort, is this true? Your ex-hero, the great AG Barr, received funds from Dominion Energy rather than Dominion Voting Systems?

Why didn't you say?

Greggery's gone to the trouble of researching your claim and come up with the truth, but it raises an important question. Why are you coming to our board to spread fake claims?

And if you would spread porkies about your former heroes, what else have you told fibs about? More importantly, what do you plan to lie about in future? Is it possible that your entire purpose here is to sow falsehood and spread fake news?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Quote:
Your ex-hero, the great AG Barr, received funds from Dominion Energy rather than Dominion Voting Systems?

Yes but are you sure that Dominion Voting Systems? were not using Dominion Energy ?

There is some Synergy Energy in that but I think they are different - NO ?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 4:06pm

Only Mort will be able to answer that, Dnarever. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

The alternative, I fear, is too hard to fathom. Imagine, people coming to our board to spread misinformation and foreign propaganda in a naked attempt to seize power and destroy democracy.

So no, I'm sure Mort meant something totally different.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #158 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 1:43pm

Donald Trump says former vice-president Mike Pence 'lacked courage' appears ex-el Presidente' Trump was wrong.  Pence stood up to him. Grin

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print