Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec (Read 3071 times)
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Friday will see a hearing on the US Jan 6 insurrec
Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:25pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:17pm:
[

Are you gonna pretend to be normal and behave today? If so I'll respond. Otherwise I'll make fun of you and/or post over you. Ok?

I was the first to offer you help with your leaf blower LOL.  I am  always willing to speak rationally when people respond in kind

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Americans are brought up in a particular type of environment - one that's resulted on account of hundreds of years of experiences we've NOT had in Australia.

For starters ... we (ie not me but the original English who came to Australia) did not at any stage pick up guns to start shooting the English in the name of Independence. We never had a War of Independence.

And to think ... the English that turned up here in Australia were convicts ie convicted criminals whilst the English that turned up in the US were religious zealots. I get that's only a part of the narrative but you can't help but notice little things here and there as you struggle to understand how/why the US and Australia evolved into 2 very distinct societies (even well before WW1).

A few other observations come to mind.

1. The US had natives (ie native Americans).
2. They also imported (and grew yes grew) Negro slaves. They were not considered humans.

1. We had natives too (Aborigines). They tended to be docile and not war like. We never considered them to be human either. They were in fact regarded as Flora and Fauna.

2. We didn't import Negro slaves.

The native Americans and the Negroes then became the enemy after the English of course. That meant more gun ownership and gun use.

Notice something here? What is continually feeding the need for gun ownership and gun use? A new perceived enemy.

Am I over analysing this issue?

I don't know. I'm merely an outsider ... an Aussie. Even then I'm only a 1st Generation Aussie. I'm 100% European blooded in fact. Forget the US perspective...do I really understand the Aussie perspective?

Then there is the issue of time. I am trying to grasp the core standards, ethics and values of people who ceased to exist hundreds of years ago.

I might just have to conclude that I'm limited in "getting the full picture" when it comes to gun ownership and gun use in the USA.

I'm glad I live in Australia. Why? It's a far SAFER country. And for me ... SAFETY is important in this complex analysis because once again ... I'm thinking of children. 🥺😩

We had slaves, and a native population.

But yes, the USA, like most empires, has constantly created enemies to unite the people in opposing. 

Ultimately, my view is it's too late.  Americans carry on about our gun buyback because they cannot percieve we never had their style of gun culture in the first place.  Conversely you can't take back the guns, the USA is awash with them and this problem will never be truly solved.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:30pm

Quote:
Ultimately, my view is it's too late.  Americans carry on about our gun buyback because they cannot percieve we never had their style of gun culture in the first place.  Conversely you can't take back the guns, the USA is awash with them and this problem will never be truly solved.

Would you like to know what's quite frightening about your post?

You have typed my very thoughts/conclusions on the matter.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:38pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:30pm:
Quote:

Would you like to know what's quite frightening about your post?

You have typed my very thoughts/conclusions on the matter.

Then it seems it MUST be true!!!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:45pm

AiA wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:08am:
Mortdooley wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:50pm:
Quote:
resident Joe Biden legitimately won a fair and secure

No accounting for gullibility. We have been over it multiple times, there was no way biden could win an honest election and he admitted they had the greatest voter fraud organization in place.  Are you better off then you were two years ago? When I go to buy gasoline I should have to pay $1.89 per gallon and all you brandon supporters need to make up the difference! You need to cover the cost for inflation the poor working people have to pay for food! When companies can no longer meet payroll you need to be the first let go. Whether you voted or not your support for this disaster you need to own it and not try to blame anyone else. You and your corrupt puppet did this!

Amobarbital may help, Morty.

Biden couldn't win of his own accord. The other candidates were forced to 'concede' and bail. Bernie Sanders wouldn't comply, so they shafted him to get him out of the way. Biden didn't win anything. He was given it - easy as.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:47pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:45pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:08am:
Quote:

No accounting for gullibility. We have been over it multiple times, there was no way biden could win an honest election and he admitted they had the greatest voter fraud organization in place.  Are you better off then you were two years ago? When I go to buy gasoline I should have to pay $1.89 per gallon and all you brandon supporters need to make up the difference! You need to cover the cost for inflation the poor working people have to pay for food! When companies can no longer meet payroll you need to be the first let go. Whether you voted or not your support for this disaster you need to own it and not try to blame anyone else. You and your corrupt puppet did this!

Amobarbital may help, Morty.

Biden couldn't win of his own accord. The other candidates were forced to 'concede' and bail. Bernie Sanders wouldn't comply, so they shafted him to get him out of the way. Biden didn't win anything. He was given it - easy as.

Biden is pretty trash but at least he's not a fascist.  I agree that Democrats should have run Bernie and built an actual society

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 12:53pm

Quote:

No accounting for gullibility. We have been over it multiple times, ...

Indeed.

Multiple court cases, recounts, and tantrums and every time the same conclusion was reached.

Trump was annihilated in one of the most free and fair elections in US history   Smiley

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 1:27pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:35pm:

See, there are bullshitting scumbags here in Australia as well.  They are still in a circle-jerk at the prospect of having one of those here.

But the American hearings don't mean a thing as long as Trump is not in prison.  Here's hoping, so that traitors can see what happens when you chase the government out of their own building.

Maybe storming the capital wasn't such a good idea?

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 1:34pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:12am:
The dickhead can't read even to the second line of my post where the word 'Link' clearly appears.  I have appealed the movement, and let's see if Adfundum corrects his error.

Cheesy

Your self fulfilling prophecy got your thread moved. Your predicting that your thread may get moved seemed to be more important to you than your bitch about the protestors

Plus you can't tell the difference between time zones.

And, you got pummelled by Condor060. I notice you didn't have the balls to reply to his message ... he was right too wasn't he? our cops do have guns and they shoot people dead

And then there is the sickening act by you of soliciting us to agree with what you spruik on about in an American message board, where you're discourteous and ill-mannered. You're pretty much an embarrassment to everyone

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 1:41pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:44pm

Looks like Donald will be on trial and could be the first
president ever to die in jail.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:45pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:44pm:

Fingers crossed

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:54pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:45pm:

Fingers crossed

But Biden is a Christian - he will pardon Trump.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:54pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 2:45pm:

Fingers crossed

But Biden is a Christian - he will pardon Trump.

American Christians are very old testament, eye for an eye

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 3:43pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 9:35pm:
A protest is not an insurrection.

A protest also doesn't include break and enter, attempts to subvert election results, damage to property, threats to  kill and then actually killing people.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 3:49pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 1:34pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 11:12am:
The dickhead can't read even to the second line of my post where the word 'Link' clearly appears.  I have appealed the movement, and let's see if Adfundum corrects his error.

Cheesy

Your self fulfilling prophecy got your thread moved. Your predicting that your thread may get moved seemed to be more important to you than your bitch about the protestors

Plus you can't tell the difference between time zones.

And, you got pummelled by Condor060. I notice you didn't have the balls to reply to his message ... he was right too wasn't he? our cops do have guns and they shoot people dead

And then there is the sickening act by you of soliciting us to agree with what you spruik on about in an American message board, where you're discourteous and ill-mannered. You're pretty much an embarrassment to everyone

Oh the cock head wants to play.  The Yanks cannot see here because I linked that Thread here.

You are damn right....I give the redneck gun totting Rambo basement dwellers retards on that Forum everything they deserve as they place their possession of guns in the household toybox way above the life of a child.

As for Condor, the bloke posted rubbish which was totally irrelevant to the Thread which is not about Cops.  There is no point responding to him.

I have solicited no-one.  I post what I like where I like, and there is SFA you can do about that, sunshine.

And the day I take a lecture from a twat like you about what is embarrassing is when Hell freezes over.

Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print