Pages: 1 2 3 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Victims of communism (Read 10280 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victims of communism
Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:39pm

Why don’t we remember the victims of communism?

Presented by Douglas Murray and produced by Sean Glynn – and which you can listen to, via Soundcloud, below –  examines our failure to remember the victims of communism, in the way that we, rightly, remember the victims of Nazi-ism.

Talking to a wide range of people including David Aaronovitch, Anne Applebaum, Janos Horvath, David Pryce Jones and Giles Udy, Douglas explores why the communist ideology that killed many more people than Nazi Germany – and in many more parts of the world, from Russia to China and to Cambodia – is so poorly remembered in art, education or in public monuments and museums. He begins by noting that young people in Britain might overwhelmingly and correctly identify Adolf Hitler as a source of evil. Most, tragically, don’t even know who Lenin or Mao or Pol Pot are.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/douglas-murray-victims-communism/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Victims of communism
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:42pm

If you split the deaths caused by communism into deliberate extermination and death due to failure of the state to provide the basic services that communism intends them to (eg the Great Chinese Famine), which would be greater?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:43pm

Frank wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:39pm:

Presented by Douglas Murray and produced by Sean Glynn – and which you can listen to, via Soundcloud, below –  examines our failure to remember the victims of communism, in the way that we, rightly, remember the victims of Nazi-ism.

Talking to a wide range of people including David Aaronovitch, Anne Applebaum, Janos Horvath, David Pryce Jones and Giles Udy, Douglas explores why the communist ideology that killed many more people than Nazi Germany – and in many more parts of the world, from Russia to China and to Cambodia – is so poorly remembered in art, education or in public monuments and museums. He begins by noting that young people in Britain might overwhelmingly and correctly identify Adolf Hitler as a source of evil. Most, tragically, don’t even know who Lenin or Mao or Pol Pot are.

Why don't we remember the victims of capitalism????

"the communist ideology that killed many more people than Nazi Germany"

HAHAHAA!! Let's pretend this is true.  One reason is no one was killed for their religion or sexuality

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:43pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:42pm:
If you split the deaths caused by communism into deliberate extermination and death due to failure of the state to provide the basic services that communism intends them to (eg the Great Chinese Famine), which would be greater?

The deaths from capitalism are all the latter

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:45pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:43pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:39pm:

Why don't we remember the victims of capitalism????

"the communist ideology that killed many more people than Nazi Germany"

HAHAHAA!! Let's pretend this is true.  One reason is no one was killed for their religion or sexuality

Why are communist stooges so full of crap?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union

Quote:
The Communist Party destroyed churches, synagogues,[5] and mosques, ridiculed, harassed, incarcerated and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with anti-religious teachings, and it introduced a belief system called "scientific atheism," with its own rituals, promises and proselytizers.[6][7] According to some sources, the total number of Christian victims under the Soviet regime has been estimated to range around 12 to 20 million.[8][9] At least 106,300 Russian clergymen were executed between 1937 and 1941.

Soviet Marxist-Leninist policy consistently advocated the control, suppression, and ultimately, the elimination of religious beliefs, and it actively encouraged the propagation of Marxist-Leninist atheism in the Soviet Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism_and_LGBT_rights

Quote:
During World War II, some Yugoslav Partisans issued several death sentences during the war against partisans whose homosexuality was revealed.

The Encyclopedia of Homosexuality volume two is unequivocal on Marx and Engels view of homosexuality, stating: "There can be little doubt that, as far as they thought of the matter at all, Marx and Engels were personally homo-phobic

In 1933, Article 121 was added to the entire Soviet Union criminal code, which made male homosexuality a crime punishable by up to five years in prison with hard labor. The law remained intact until after the dissolution of the Soviet Union; it was repealed in 1993.

The Revolutionary Communist Party USA's previous policy that "struggle will be waged to eliminate [homosexuality] and reform homosexuals" was ended in 2001.

Before the Cuban Revolution, Cuba had laws that criminalized homosexual men.

« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:53pm by freediver »  

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:58pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:45pm:
Before the Cuban Revolution, Cuba had laws that criminalized homosexual men.

Read that out loud LOL!!!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:02pm

Quote:
After the Revolution, the position regarding homosexuality continued to be negative, and some LGBT people chose to emigrate,[70][71] since homosexuality was linked to US imperialism.

You missed the important question - why are communist stooges so full of crap? And where did you get this idiotic notion from that communists did not kill people for their religion or sexuality? Is your reading so selective that you still think it is true?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:04pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:02pm:
Quote:
After the Revolution, the position regarding homosexuality continued to be negative, and some LGBT people chose to emigrate,[70][71] since homosexuality was linked to US imperialism.

You missed the important question - why are communist stooges so full of crap? And where did you get this idiotic notion from that communists did not kill people for their religion or sexuality?

Honeslty, when I see your name, I disengage.

I know the right lie about Che killing gays, for example. There's a lot of right wing propaganda.  I don't care.  I'm not a mad Stalin fan.  I'm not even a communist.  I am just pointing out you are a liar

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:07pm

You lied about communists not killing people for their religion or sexuality. Why would you do that if you do not even like communism? Why are communist stooges so full of crap?

What do you think I lied about?

Try thinking before responding. Or at the very least, assuming we are not gullible enough to believe your lies. Who do you think killed more people because of their religion - Nazis or Communists?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:07pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:07pm:
You lied about communists not killing people for their religion or sexuality

Try thinking before responding. Or at the very least, assuming we are not gullible enough to believe your lies. Who do you think killed more people because of their religion - Nazis or Communists?

Nazis, duh. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:08pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:07pm:

Nazis, duh. 

How many did they kill?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:08pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:08pm:

Nazis, duh. 

How many did they kill?

I am bored of you already.  Google the holocaust if you don't know

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:09pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 4:42pm:

I don't thinks the Russian and Chinese famines were "failures to provide". They were engineered, in the Soviet Ukrainian case, to force collectivisation.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Holodomor#ref1264568
The Chinese famines were also engineered by the communist leadership, they called it the great leap forward (another glaring and sad example of communist double speak, as Orwell nailed it).

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:10pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:08pm:

Nazis, duh. 

How many did they kill?

I know. I am just trying to figure out why you are so full of crap. Google cannot tell me that.

How many people do you think the Nazis killed because of their religion?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:11pm

freediver wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:10pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jun 10th, 2022 at 5:08pm:

Nazis, duh. 

How many did they kill?

I know. I am just trying to figure out why you are so full of crap. Google cannot tell me that.

How many people do you think the Nazis killed because of their religion?

No one has ever studied the holocaust.  OK boomer

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 28
Send Topic Print