Send Topic Print
Victims of communism (Read 10285 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Victims of communism
Reply #390 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:51pm

Can you explain why you need to invent a conspiracy to explain people criticising the regime that killed 50 million people (with their lies and incompetence), or why you feel so compelled to defend them?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #391 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:54pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:42pm:
random wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:39pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 12:52pm:
athos wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:27am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2022 at 9:33pm:
So why are you so desperate to defend the CCP?

And what makes you think you would have to pay someone to criticise them? They killed 50 million people with their lies and incompetence.

Your Anglo barbarians did genocide on 200 million people around the world with competence.
Smiley

Do you have any clue at all what you are on about?

And do you have an answer to the question posed: why is random so desperate to defend the CCP?

You are the bullshit King FD.

I am claiming that you are a shill for American views of China.  That this site is getting funds to do that.  That you are repeating keywords because they come up in searches to claim your invoices.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComplexVapidFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

You are lying. You cannot even explain why you need to invent a conspiracy to explain people criticising the regime that killed 50 million people (with their lies and incompetence Wink, or why you feel so compelled to defend them.

HAhahaaaaa, see?   Still unable to defend my claims.

No conspiracy here, the site needs cash to run right?  You get an offer, you sell your soul for a few pennies and annoy the faaark out of all concerned.  Easy money right?

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #392 - Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:55pm

random wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:50pm:
But then, shills are very selective in what they want to talk about, like there is no money in talking about China fighting America's enemies, or the number of Chinese murdered by Japanese Armies.  No wonder China is not taking any more shite.

The Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945)

China fought Japan with aid from the Soviet Union, United Kingdom and the United States. After the Japanese attacks on Malaya and Pearl Harbor in 1941, the war merged with other conflicts which are generally categorized under those conflicts of World War II as a major sector known as the China Burma India Theater. Some scholars consider the European War and the Pacific War to be entirely separate, albeit concurrent, wars. Other scholars consider the start of the full-scale Second Sino-Japanese War in 1937 to have been the beginning of World War II. The Second Sino-Japanese War was the largest Asian war in the 20th century.[26]
It accounted for the majority of civilian and military casualties in the Pacific War, with between 10 and 25 million Chinese civilians
and over 4 million Chinese and Japanese military personnel missing or dying from war-related violence, famine, and other causes.[citation needed] The war has been called "the Asian holocaust."[27][28][29]

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #393 - Jan 27th, 2023 at 6:23pm

athos wrote on Jan 23rd, 2023 at 1:39pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 22nd, 2023 at 7:16am:
Mortdooley wrote on Jan 21st, 2023 at 10:31pm:
I know few will understand it or even believe it but Russia asked to join NATO soon after the fall of the Soviet Union. The weapons suppliers needed tensions to continue for increased sales and the request was denied. George H W Bush and Dick Chaney declared Russia the enemy that needed to be punished for the sins of the Soviet Union and that continues to this day! If Russia had felt secure in their Borders this invasion would have never happened. I don't support Putin in any way but I understand his motivation!

The communists killed far more people than the Nazis. It's easy to dismiss them today, because reality has taken all the appeal away from the ideology, but they were probably a bigger threat to civilisation. The system that has since emerged in Russia is still not one I would trust. They are just one charismatic leader away from dictatorship.

Having multinational organisations with genuine clout that are not infested with tinpot dictators is a good thing. The tension would not disappear just because Russia was allowed to join NATO.

It's absolutely wrong statement.

In fact, the British colonial dictators and their colonists killed many more people than the Nazis, including
native Australians, among others.

Smiley

How many people do you think the communists killed?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #394 - Jan 27th, 2023 at 11:31pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:42pm:
random wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 1:39pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 12:52pm:
athos wrote on Sep 7th, 2022 at 11:27am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2022 at 9:33pm:
So why are you so desperate to defend the CCP?

And what makes you think you would have to pay someone to criticise them? They killed 50 million people with their lies and incompetence.

Your Anglo barbarians did genocide on 200 million people around the world with competence.
Smiley

Do you have any clue at all what you are on about?

And do you have an answer to the question posed: why is random so desperate to defend the CCP?

You are the bullshit King FD.

I am claiming that you are a shill for American views of China.  That this site is getting funds to do that.  That you are repeating keywords because they come up in searches to claim your invoices.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComplexVapidFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

You are lying.

I don't know about that, FD. I think Random made his views pretty clear.

You may not agree, but it's a bit difficult to play no-speaka.

Feel free though. Freeeeeeedom, innit.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #395 - Jan 28th, 2023 at 11:00am

freediver wrote on Jan 27th, 2023 at 6:23pm:
How many people do you think the communists killed?

That was 60 years ago; this is more recent:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/07/americans-healthcare-medical-cos...

'Families ‘should not have to make these choices’

A 2009 study conducted by researchers at Harvard Medical School found 45,000 Americans die every year as a direct result of not having any health insurance coverage. In 2018, 27.8 million Americans went without any health insurance for the entire year."

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #396 - Jan 28th, 2023 at 11:01am

>

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #397 - Jan 28th, 2023 at 11:47am

Quote:
That was 60 years ago

You mean, before the demise of communism?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #398 - Jan 28th, 2023 at 1:03pm

Australia will become the future of Communism - but better.
www.COMmunism come Commonwealth come Communion (Whitley Strieber's) for Austr-ALIENS.  Cheesy

Communism doesn't work much in the Northern Hemisphere, but in the Southern where Politics 'is' for the People, rather than the individual - it will work well upon the foundation that Egalitarianism sets for it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #399 - Jan 29th, 2023 at 12:45pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2023 at 11:47am:
Quote:
That was 60 years ago

Before the demise of Stalinist-style central planning.

Meanwhile US style free-market market capitalism is killing 45,000 Americans every year because they can't afford health insurance, in the richest nation on the planet.   Solution: a dose of communism.....

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #400 - Jan 29th, 2023 at 12:45pm

>

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #401 - Jan 29th, 2023 at 10:48pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 29th, 2023 at 12:45pm:
US style free-market market capitalism is killing 45,000 Americans every year because they can't afford health insurance, in the richest nation on the planet. 

Deepening poverty has multiple causes, but the capitalist economic system is major among them.  First, capitalism's periodic crises always increase poverty. More precisely, how capitalist corporations operate, in or out of crisis, regularly reproduces poverty.  At the top of every corporation, its major shareholders (15-20 or fewer) own controlling blocs of shares.  They select a board of directors - usually 15-20 individuals - who run the corporation.  These two tiny groups make all the key decisions: what, how, and where to produce and what to do with the profits.

Poverty is one result of this capitalist type of enterprise organization.  For example, corporate decisions generally aim to lower the number of workers or their wages or both.  They automate, export (outsource) jobs, and replace higher-paid workers by recruiting domestic and foreign substitutes willing to work for less.  These normal corporate actions generate rising poverty as the other side of rising profits.  When poverty and its miseries 'remain always with us,' workers tend to accept what employers dish out to avoid losing jobs and falling into poverty.

Another major corporate goal is to control politics.  Wherever all citizens can vote, workers' interests might prevail over those of directors and shareholders in elections.  To prevent that, corporations devote portions of their revenues to finance politicians, parties, mass media, and 'think tanks.'  Their goal is to 'shape public opinion' and control what government does.  They do not want crisis-driven budget deficits and national debts to be overcome by big tax increases on corporations and the rich.  Instead public discussion and politicians' actions are kept focused chiefly on cutting social programs for the majority.

Corporate goals include providing high and rising salaries, stock options, and bonuses to top executives and rising dividends and share prices to shareholders.  The less paid to the workers who actually produce what corporations sell, the more corporate revenue goes to satisfy directors, top managers, and major shareholders.

Corporations also raise profits regularly by increasing prices and/or cutting production costs (often by compromising output quality).  Higher priced and poorer-quality goods are sold mostly to working people.  This too pushes them toward poverty just like lower wages and benefits and government service cuts.

Over the years, government interventions like Social Security, Medicare, minimum wage laws, regulations, etc. never sufficed to eradicate poverty.  They often helped the poor, but they never ended poverty.  The same applies to charities aiding the poor.  Poverty always remained. Something more than government interventions or charity is required to end poverty.

Capitalism and Poverty - Richard D. Wolff, Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts and Visiting Professor at the Graduate Program in International Affairs of the New School University, New York.

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

Benjamin Netanyahu, quoted in Ma’ariv, 16 April 2008

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #402 - Jan 30th, 2023 at 1:45pm

Quote:
That was 60 years ago

What is the difference? Are you trying to distinguish between stalinist communism and the free market communism they have in China?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #403 - Jan 30th, 2023 at 2:26pm

wombatwoody wrote on Jan 29th, 2023 at 10:48pm:
US style free-market market capitalism is killing 45,000 Americans every year because they can't afford health insurance, in the richest nation on the planet. 

Deepening poverty has multiple causes, but the capitalist economic system is major among them.  First, capitalism's periodic crises always increase poverty. More precisely, how capitalist corporations operate, in or out of crisis, regularly reproduces poverty.  At the top of every corporation, its major shareholders (15-20 or fewer) own controlling blocs of shares.  They select a board of directors - usually 15-20 individuals - who run the corporation.  These two tiny groups make all the key decisions: what, how, and where to produce and what to do with the profits.

Poverty is one result of this capitalist type of enterprise organization.  For example, corporate decisions generally aim to lower the number of workers or their wages or both.  They automate, export (outsource) jobs, and replace higher-paid workers by recruiting domestic and foreign substitutes willing to work for less.  These normal corporate actions generate rising poverty as the other side of rising profits.  When poverty and its miseries 'remain always with us,' workers tend to accept what employers dish out to avoid losing jobs and falling into poverty.

Another major corporate goal is to control politics.  Wherever all citizens can vote, workers' interests might prevail over those of directors and shareholders in elections.  To prevent that, corporations devote portions of their revenues to finance politicians, parties, mass media, and 'think tanks.'  Their goal is to 'shape public opinion' and control what government does.  They do not want crisis-driven budget deficits and national debts to be overcome by big tax increases on corporations and the rich.  Instead public discussion and politicians' actions are kept focused chiefly on cutting social programs for the majority.

Corporate goals include providing high and rising salaries, stock options, and bonuses to top executives and rising dividends and share prices to shareholders.  The less paid to the workers who actually produce what corporations sell, the more corporate revenue goes to satisfy directors, top managers, and major shareholders.

Corporations also raise profits regularly by increasing prices and/or cutting production costs (often by compromising output quality).  Higher priced and poorer-quality goods are sold mostly to working people.  This too pushes them toward poverty just like lower wages and benefits and government service cuts.

Over the years, government interventions like Social Security, Medicare, minimum wage laws, regulations, etc. never sufficed to eradicate poverty.  They often helped the poor, but they never ended poverty.  The same applies to charities aiding the poor.  Poverty always remained. Something more than government interventions or charity is required to end poverty.

Capitalism and Poverty - Richard D. Wolff, Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts and Visiting Professor at the Graduate Program in International Affairs of the New School University, New York.

Excellent analysis from Prof. Wolff.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #404 - Jan 30th, 2023 at 2:27pm

freediver wrote on Jan 30th, 2023 at 1:45pm:
Quote:
That was 60 years ago

What is the difference? Are you trying to distinguish between stalinist communism and the free market communism they have in China?

yes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print