Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Female's Abortion Decision (Read 634 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

A Female's Abortion Decision
Jun 26th, 2022 at 7:13am

I really don't understand all these males who, thinking just because they have 'qualifications, skills, educations' or a substance abused enhancement for confidence...

...know more about the Abortion issue than Females.

One gets a good perspective of the male Members here who have thrown themselves down on the issue of Abortion and have done nothing but just rape it for the good of the Males, more than Females.

Personally, as a Male - I don't think its up to me to deal with anything about Abortion unless I'm just following the lead of  a female directly... which I decided to do as an example by posting this Topic in this Board.

The only advice I could give males on the issue of abortion is this.
*WHACK !!! (THE F*UCK UP!)

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: A Female's Abortion Decision
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2022 at 9:35am

Jasin wrote on Jun 26th, 2022 at 7:13am:
...know more about the Abortion issue than Females. ...

The only abortions JaSin is an expert in are the nonsense rants he posts.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2022 at 9:56am

Jasin wrote on Jun 26th, 2022 at 7:13am:
I really don't understand all these males who, thinking just because they have 'qualifications, skills, educations' or a substance abused enhancement for confidence...

...know more about the Abortion issue than Females.

Well, there's no specific reasons that males shouldn't know more about
abortion and its rights than any female.  In fact many males in the medical
profession know a lot more about it than many females—particularly the
younger ones, or those suddenly and unexpectedly becoming pregnant.

And don't forget that for every female that has to make a decision about
abortion and its consequences, there's also a male needing to consider those
too.  It's not solely a one-person decision.

And I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean;  please enlighten me.

Quote:
The only advice I could give males on the issue of abortion is this.
*WHACK !!! (THE F*UCK UP!)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2022 at 10:05am

And those male medical staff have followed the females in medicine to know so.

For centuries, male doctors have put down female MEIOSIS  as nothing more than cliche female hysteria.

Meh. I'll listen to the females first when it comes to abortion - it's their body, it's their choice, its their decisions.
Let the females fight it out. Males should just butt out regardless of how qualified they are or think they are.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2022 at 1:53pm

Evil is out in the open

"Abortion Involves Killing–and That’s OK!"
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/abortion-ethics-gestation-reproduction...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2022 at 3:24pm

Frank wrote on Jul 3rd, 2022 at 1:53pm:
Evil is out in the open

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/abortion-ethics-gestation-reproduction...

This link is unsecured and is blocked by my malware tracker.

Here's the guts of the report:

There is something infantilizing about denying the fact that embryos die when we
scrape them out of the bodies of which they are a part. It sentimentalizes pregnant
or potentially pregnant humans as fundamentally nonviolent creatures to imply that
we can’t handle the truth about what we are up to when we opt out. And it patronizes
abortion-getters to insist that we are only making a health care choice, rather than
(also) extinguishing a future child. In my view, recognizing that gestating manufactures
a proto-person requires acknowledging that abortion kills a proto-person. A baby is
completely dependent on human care in order to stay alive, but its needs could be
filled by any person—whereas a fetus, a proto-person, is ineluctably dependent on
specific person…

As long as people are performing pregnancy on this earth, they must be free to change
their minds about seeing it through. The adoption industry could be revolutionized and
child welfare lavishly subsidized; regardless of the available supports, no one should
be pregnant involuntarily
. The science of medicine dictates that when foreign organisms
inhabit the human body unwelcomely, we tend to eject them…

What would it mean to acknowledge that a death is involved in an abortion? Above
all, it would allow for a fairer fight against the proponents of forced gestating. When
“pro-life” forces agitate against feticide on the basis that it is killing, pro-abortion
feminists should be able to acknowledge, without shame, that yes, of course it is.
When we withdraw from gestating, we stop the life of the product of our gestational
labor. And it’s a good thing we do, too, for otherwise the world would sag under the
weight of forced life. It is a hard pill to swallow for a misogynist society, sentimentally
attached to its ideology of patriarchal motherhood, but the truth is that gestators
should get to decide which bodies to give form to. This choosing is our prerogative.
A desire not to be pregnant is sufficient reason in and of itself to terminate a gestatee.

—Sophie Lewis, “Abortion Involves Killing–and That’s OK!” at The Nation (June 22, 2022)

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2022 at 10:52am

And what of excess embryos from IVF?  There's a difference inside a womb and out?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2022 at 10:55am

Evil is out in the open

This is all a smoke screen . The right just want to own women

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2022 at 12:55pm

AusGeoff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2022 at 3:24pm:
Evil is out in the open

Here's why.  Wink
The Nation is the oldest continuously published weekly magazine in the United States, covering progressive political and cultural news, opinion, and analysis.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2022 at 1:08pm

Frank wrote on Jul 4th, 2022 at 12:55pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2022 at 3:24pm:
Evil is out in the open

Here's why.  Wink
The Nation is the oldest continuously published weekly magazine in the United States, covering progressive political and cultural news, opinion, and analysis.

I don't care.  You finding one magazine with one article does not prove anything at all.  The right are just idiots

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:32pm

This Topic was moved here from Women's Issues by freediver.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 10:28am

Law professor Joanna Howe – ­appointed by Labor to help lead the Migration Review helmed by former top public servant Martin Parkinson – has lodged a stop bullying application against her employer Adelaide University over her research on abortion and regulation of prostitution.

She said the university’s ­approach to her research constituted a “violation of my academic freedom” given it had launched “relentless” investigations in ­response to vexatious complaints.

Professor Howe said she refused to attend a “research integrity course” following a recent investigation – the sixth since ­November 2019 – which cleared her of any breach of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.

“It violates my right to academic freedom because they are treating me differently to other university academics who do not publish in areas of controversy,” she told The Weekend Australian. “I refuse to submit to ‘re-education’ because academic freedom should protect the rights of scholars from being constantly harassed by activists who disagree with their research.”

Professor Howe said she was subject to online bullying, harassment, abuse and even physical threats because of her research, which she has promoted on social media. On Monday, she lodged an ­application with the Fair Work Commission against the University of Adelaide seeking an order to stop bullying at work. A conciliation hearing has been scheduled for July 8.

Professor Howe is seeking specific orders requiring the university to exercise powers under its academic freedom policy to dismiss bad-faith complaints made against her and withdraw the imposition of corrective ­actions. Her primary area of ­research is the intersection of ­labour law and migration law – a field in which she is a leading international scholar – but in 2017 she began research on abortion and, in 2021, the regulation of prostitution.

This has seen her examine the different methods of abortion, the regulation and incidence of sex-selective abortion, the regulation and incidence of abortion after ­viability or “late-term abortion” and the regulation and incidence of babies born alive after an abortion. She said her research had resulted in “multiple and repeated threats” to her employment.

Between November 25, 2019, and May 2, 2024, Professor Howe said the university undertook six investigations into her scholarship because of complaints. She described the investigations as “persistent” and “relentless”.

“Five out of six of the investigations found the allegations that were the subject of complaints to be unsubstantiated,” she said.

Professor Howe said the sixth investigation related to a potential breach of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research over a submission she made to a parliamentary inquiry in South Australia. While no breach was subsequently found, Professor Howe said the independent investigator found there were “minor departures from best practice in my submission because one primary source was not cited and I did not use a qualifying statement for one claim”.

“The university … ordered me to do a research integrity course to learn how not to do biased ­research. They gave me 30 days to do the course.” Professor Howe has refused to complete the course, saying that “by choosing to side with the bullies by continually subjecting me to constant investigation and constant scrutiny, they (the university) have failed to meet their obligations to me as a staff member.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 10:38am

Jasin wrote on Jun 26th, 2022 at 10:05am:

For centuries, male doctors have put down female MEIOSIS  as nothing more than cliche female hysteria.

Meh. I'll listen to the females first when it comes to abortion - it's their body, it's their choice, its their decisions.
Let the females fight it out. Males should just butt out regardless of how qualified they are or think they are.

MEIOSIS—Meiosis is a process where a single cell divides twice to produce four cells containing half the original amount of genetic information.

So how can meiosis be considered hysteria???

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 6:29pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 26th, 2022 at 10:05am:

Pretty much so, yes

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print