Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 296
Send Topic Print
The truth about trans people (Read 100636 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The truth about trans people
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:54am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:42am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:40am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:39am:
See, the thing is, I have never identified as 'right wing' (i.e. politically ultra conservative) and I'm certain few use it as a correct reference to political conservatism; in your case it's a lazy way of branding people who aren't gay or trans and who disagree with you.

The right is filthy, lots of people insist they are 'centrists' to escape it.  But hating and lying about trans folks is a fundamentally right wing position.  By their fruits shall ye know them

See, there you go again - 'the right'.

As I said a pathetic cracked record.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 9:19am

Gnads wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 8:54am:

This is a political forum.  The two sides of politics are called the left and the right.  The Liberals tried to make stopping trans women playing sport an election issue.  Polling says about 80% of Aussies disagree.  They made it a political issue, looking for people to hate.  You post about it because you hate them.  Taking a right wing position makes you right wing

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 9:36am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 9:19am:

This is a political forum.  The two sides of politics are called the left and the right.  The Liberals tried to make stopping trans women playing sport an election issue.  Polling says about 80% of Aussies disagree.  They made it a political issue, looking for people to hate.  You post about it because you hate them.  Taking a right wing position makes you right wing

When did the filthy-right-wing-nazis do that?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 9:51am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 9:36am:
When did the filthy-right-wing-nazis do that?

Did you not notice? A female member made it her issue, Scomo backed her.  \

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/apr/20/coalition-members-back-bi...

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:17am

You use left and right to label those who agree with you and those who don't; i.e. nothing to do with conservatism or liberalism.

If 80% disagreed, then it stands to reason a significant percentage of that 80% would be political conservatives.

Many people regardless of political persuasion would agree that gay / trans people deserve equality under the law; that doesn't mean they necessarily like you or are necessarily interested in your cause; they may not even want to meet a gay / trans or interact with them in any way.

As a gay/trans man of 53 years yourself, you would know this by now.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:32am

We all need understanding, Future, even the gender fixated.

It is a jolly world, no?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:33am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:17am:

You use left and right to label those who agree with you and those who don't; i.e. nothing to do with conservatism or liberalism.

If 80% disagreed, then it stands to reason a significant percentage of that 80% would be political conservatives.

Many people regardless of political persuasion would agree that gay / trans people deserve equality under the law; that doesn't mean they necessarily like you or are necessarily interested in your cause; they may not even want to meet a gay / trans or interact with them in any way.

Liberals are not left wing LOL!!

Yes, this is the issue. The right wing parties are pursuing the lunatic fringe, that's why they are dying out.

I love how you assume I MUST be gay or trans, to not hate them

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:33am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:32am:

It is a jolly world, no?

Well, isn't that kind of my point?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:41am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:33am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:17am:

Liberals are not left wing LOL!!

Yes, this is the issue. The right wing parties are pursuing the lunatic fringe, that's why they are dying out.

I love how you assume I MUST be gay or trans, to not hate them

I'm referring to political liberalism not the Australian Liberal party.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:57am

Telling the truth doesn't get you banned - it's your constant personal attacks and use of foul language and insult.

Just get that right from the start and you won't have any trouble.  Crying at anyone who disagrees with you on anything as meaning they are a 'fascist' and so forth does you no good and just shows how stupid your non-thinking is.  Even your childish use of 'tears' to portray anyone with a different view is wrong - stop behaving like a child and you will not be treated like a child.

Stick to the point....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:59am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:57am:
Telling the truth doesn't get you banned - it's your constant personal attacks and use of foul language and insult.

Just get that right from the start and you won't have any trouble.  Crying at anyone who disagrees with you on anything as meaning they are a 'fascist' and so forth does you no good and just shows how stupid your non-thinking is.  Even your childish use of 'tears' to portray anyone with a different view is wrong - stop behaving like a child and you will not be treated like a child.

Stick to the point....

You don't disagree with me.  To do that, you'd need to take a position, and argue it. 

I missed you most of all, scarecrow.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:59am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:41am:
I'm referring to political liberalism not the Australian Liberal party.

Me too, lol.  Liberals are not left wing

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 11:02am

Nobody stopped 'trans women' from playing sport - they just have a league of their own.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 11:03am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:33am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 10:32am:

It is a jolly world, no?

Well, isn't that kind of my point?

No - it works all ways - not just the way you demand it be.

― John Adams

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2022 at 11:04am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 12th, 2022 at 11:02am:
Nobody stopped 'trans women' from playing sport - they just have a league of their own.

Like 'don't give gay's marriage, give them a separate thing, this is dividing people up to make them feel different and exclused, and of no value.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 296
Send Topic Print