John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Oh Dear , Pfizer
Reply #30 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:29am

Carl D wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:07am:
aquascoot wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 8:17am:
How's that narrative going by the way
Every chief health officer in Australia and every politician was saying this all ends when we get enough jabs in arms

Yes, this was the "National Plan" supposedly agreed on last year.

Which was (sort of*) OK until Delta and Omicron and it's numerous variants came along.

But, despite the fact it should have been obvious even to to Blind Freddy that the "jabs in arms then open up and let it rip" approach wouldn't work they still went ahead and did it anyway.

Which is why we are in the Covid mess we're in today.

* Even though probably nowhere near the 12,326 deaths so far the "National Plan" still estimated a certain number of deaths which was still unacceptable to me and many others but they were thinking then (as they are still thinking today) that it's mainly the 'oldies' who are dying so that's OK - thinking of all the money they are saving on pensions and health care, etc.

Don't you think that lockdowns, border closures and other such measures also caused some deaths?

It has been stated by established medical authorities that lockdowns would not control ba.5 anyway.

When you have a condition that has about the same morbidity rate as seasonal flu, it's difficult to do anything more than advise people to wear masks, maintain social distancing etc.

I have done all this from the beginning. I remember being berated for wearing a mask in Narooma NSW when I was there for the 2019/20 Bushfire Emergency.  It was in a Pharmacy, and I replied that in case there was any doubt, I don't actually have it and I don't want to get it.

My risk control measures are my own personal business.  Once they started mandating masks, nobody blinked an eye about mask wearing, except that  you had all these idiots wearing masks around their necks, or not covering their noses with the mask. The police didn't enforce anything.

Then you had silly rules about where you could eat.  I had my car in for new tyres, and I couldn't find anywhere where I could legally eat my take-away. Park benches were off-limits. I finally went into a police station and asked them to clarify the rules (this was in Batemans Bay)

When blanket rules trump informed individual decisions, that's where people stop thinking for themselves.

As far as vaccinations are concerned now, they don't offer as much protection as they used to against delta. So they shouldn't be compulsory, except maybe in Aged Care facilities.

There are signs (not speaking too soon I hope) that the current wave of infections have peaked.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #31 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:42am

I can't seem to recall any year where Australia has had over 12,000 deaths from the flu? Estimates are between 15,000 and 20,000 deaths from Covid by the end of this year if things keep going the way they are.

The current wave of infections may be peaking but it looks like all we will be doing is waiting for the next wave... and the next... endless waves of Covid with the huge number of hospitalisations and deaths that go with each one.

I don't know if our current wave was caused by BA.4 and/or BA.5 but there's still BA.2.75 to come and even a newer BA.4.6 variant of concern.

And, as I've said before - it is WAY past the time to forget the "Omicron is mild" BS and start giving these new variants their own Greek letter.            

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 7:38pm:
wombatwoody wrote on Aug 5th, 2022 at 6:06pm:

How did Pfizer manage to rebrand itself as the savior of humanity?

One of the most significant cultural transformations of the last two years has been the newfound glorification of the pharmaceutical industry.

An industry plagued by decades of fraud, corruption, and criminality managed to quickly rebrand itself as the savior of humanity during the covid-19 crisis.

But nothing inherently changed. Big Pharma still values shareholders’ profits more than people’s lives.

The regulatory agencies still operate as revolving doors to the pharmaceutical giants they are said to regulate.

Big Pharma still dominates lobbying efforts in Washington DC and spends billions each year advertising pharmaceutical products.

Despite the notorious corrupt nature of the pharmaceutical industry, Pfizer’s CEO Albert Bourla claimed during a November 2021 interview, that a small group of “medical professionals” who are intentionally circulating “misinformation” critical of the Pfizer vaccine narrative are “criminals”.

Bourla seemed to have forgotten about the history of his own company.

Pfizer’s Long History Of Criminal Behavior

In 1992, Pfizer agreed to pay between $165 million and $215 million to settle lawsuits arising from the fracturing of its Bjork-Shiley Convexo-Concave heart valve, which at the time had resulted in nearly 300 deaths, and by 2012 had resulted in 663 deaths.

In 1994, Pfizer agreed to pay $10.75 million to settle Justice Department claims that the company lied to get federal approval for a mechanical heart valve that has fractured, killing hundreds of patients worldwide. Under the settlement, Pfizer also agreed to pay $9.25 million in coming years to monitor patients who received the device at Veterans Administration hospitals or pay for its removal. The deal was criticized by consumer rights activists who urged Government officials to bring criminal charges and lobbied for a steeper civil penalty for the multibillion-dollar company that had covered up safety concerns even as the device was killing patients.

In 1996, Pfizer administered an experimental drug during a clinical trial on 200 children in Nigeria but never told the parents that their children were the subjects of an experiment. Eleven of the children died and many others suffered side effects such as brain damage and organ failure. A report by Nigeria’s health ministry concluded, the experiment was "an illegal trial of an unregistered drug," a "clear case of exploitation of the ignorant," and a violation of Nigerian and international law. Pfizer did not obtain consent or inform the patients that they were the subjects of an experiment, not the recipients of an approved drug.

In 2002, Pfizer agreed to pay $49 million to settle allegations that the drug company defrauded the federal government and 40 states by charging too much for its cholesterol treatment Lipitor. Lipitor had sales of $6.45 billion in 2001.

In 2004, Pfizer agreed to plead guilty to two felonies and paid $430 million in penalties to settle charges that it fraudulently promoted the drug Neurontin for unapproved uses. Pfizer agreed that it aggressively marketed the epilepsy drug by illicit means for unrelated conditions including bipolar disorder, pain, migraine headaches, and drug and alcohol withdrawal. Pfizer’s tactics included planting company operatives in the audience at medical education events and bribing doctors with luxury trips.

bribing doctors with luxury trips

Prosecutors said Warner-Lambert turned Neurontin into a blockbuster drug with tactics like paying doctors to listen to pitches for unapproved uses and treating them to luxury trips to Hawaii, Florida or the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. One doctor received almost $308,000 to tout Neurontin at conferences.

In 2008, the New York Times published an article entitled, “Experts Conclude Pfizer Manipulated Studies.” Pfizer delayed the publication of negative studies, spun negative data to place it in a more positive light, and controlled the flow of clinical research data in order to promote it’s epilepsy drug Neurontin. Pfizer discontinued its marketing program for Neurontin in 2004 after the drug became available as a generic. That same year, the company paid $430 million to settle federal criminal and civil claims that one of its subsidiaries had promoted the drug for unapproved uses.

[url]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/you-idiot-light-box-sign-board-wooden
-table-110480935.jpg[/url]

Groggy you never explained why. Could you jump online and explain why?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 12:36pm

Carl D wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:42am:
I can't seem to recall any year where Australia has had over 12,000 deaths from the flu? Estimates are between 15,000 and 20,000 deaths from Covid by the end of this year if things keep going the way they are.

The current wave of infections may be peaking but it looks like all we will be doing is waiting for the next wave... and the next... endless waves of Covid with the huge number of hospitalisations and deaths that go with each one.

I don't know if our current wave was caused by BA.4 and/or BA.5 but there's still BA.2.75 to come and even a newer BA.4.6 variant of concern.

And, as I've said before - it is WAY past the time to forget the "Omicron is mild" BS and start giving these new variants their own Greek letter.            

When they call a variant omega, I'll start to worry.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #34 - Aug 8th, 2022 at 12:54pm

John_Taverner wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 12:36pm:
Carl D wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:42am:

When they call a variant omega, I'll start to worry.

The virus naming authority should have used the English Alphabet as it has 26 letters.

The Greek one only has 24.😔

Thank God the Italian Alphabet wasn't used. It only has 21 letters! 🥺

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #35 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 10:10am

John_Taverner wrote on Aug 8th, 2022 at 11:29am:
As far as vaccinations are concerned now, they don't offer as much protection as they used to against delta. So they shouldn't be compulsory, except maybe in Aged Care facilities.

NO vaccine is "compulsory" in Australia
It SHOULD be - but it is NOT

It is a "Terms and Conditions of Employment" in some professions, being ...

healthcare workers, including trainees and students
people who look after children
carers of people with intellectual disabilities
carers of older people
people who work in laboratories
people who work with or are in contact with animals
anyone exposed to human tissue, blood, body fluids or sewage
people who work in emergency and essential services

It is recommended for teachers, but no longer in "Terms and Conditions of Employment"

It is optional for hospitality operators (and retailers) to include vaccines as "Terms and Conditions of Employment" - for staff and customers based on perceived expectations of customers

This is a BUSINESS DECISION

If I was informed a restaurant had unvaccinated staff, I wouldn't eat there. nor would 95% of the population

Vaccine efficacy OPINIONS are irrelevant

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #36 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 3:00pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 10:10am:

carers of older people

It is recommended for teachers, but no longer in "Terms and Conditions of Employment"

It is optional for hospitality operators (and retailers) to include vaccines as "Terms and Conditions of Employment" - for staff and customers based on perceived expectations of customers

If I was informed a restaurant had unvaccinated staff, I wouldn't eat there. nor would 95% of the population

You're trying to have a logical and fact-based exchange in a discussion full of red pilled boomers circle jerking each other.

Just let the crazy fools be.  They thrive on attention, especially from those who validate and share their insanity. 

They crave that validation that they're special, arguing with them lets them paint you as part of the conspiracy and makes them think they're actively fighting the good fight, on the front lines etc.

They're literally too far gone and spend so much time on here because they've lost every meaningful connection they had in the real world.

I'd feel sorry for them if the rhetoric they shared wasn't so dangerous.  But in modern Australia the concept of mateship is dead, if it ever existed and COVID has shown me that the vast majority of people are selfish front bottoms not worthy of my generosity or even compassion.

If there was any natural justice in the world the likes of Scoot and Wombat would feel the full effect of what they advocate for rather than easily impressionable dullards who eat up the kind of rhetoric they spout, but alas, they're still here, kicking the screaming.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 9th, 2022 at 4:15pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 3:00pm:

carers of older people

You're trying to have a logical and fact-based exchange in a discussion full of red pilled boomers circle jerking each other.

Just let the crazy fools be.  They thrive on attention, especially from those who validate and share their insanity. 

They crave that validation that they're special, arguing with them lets them paint you as part of the conspiracy and makes them think they're actively fighting the good fight, on the front lines etc.

They're literally too far gone and spend so much time on here because they've lost every meaningful connection they had in the real world.

I'd feel sorry for them if the rhetoric they shared wasn't so dangerous.  But in modern Australia the concept of mateship is dead, if it ever existed and COVID has shown me that the vast majority of people are selfish front bottoms not worthy of my generosity or even compassion.

If there was any natural justice in the world the likes of Scoot and Wombat would feel the full effect of what they advocate for rather than easily impressionable dullards who eat up the kind of rhetoric they spout, but alas, they're still here, kicking the screaming.

i have to agree,

people with extreme anxiety about covid are totally focused on themselves (narcissistic).
they didnt want to think about their "mates' who owned small businesses, resturants , gyms.
they supported peoples livelihoods being sacrificed
they didnt care about teenagers in schools missing out on seeing their "mates"

such narcissisitic people are indeed "front bottoms" (whatever that means)

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 5:57am

[/b]

You're making assumptions here. I received my first vaccination before most people due to my profession.  I have received all four shots.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but what I'm saying is based on risk.  I would eat at a restaurant if one of the staff wasn't vaccinated. It's a huge leap to assume that 95% of the population wouldn't.

Now that we have the omicron family, the risk reduction from having a vaccination is less. I would still encourage people to get vaccinated though.

However the risk reduction from wearing a mask is greater. 

Yesterday I was on a flight to North Queensland.  The only person not wearing a mask was in my row.  At least there was a seat between us, but the staff obviously didn't want to create a fuss.

Nowadays, you'd probably recognise me in a crowd, because I'm often the only one wearing a mask. In a restaurant, I dine al fresco to minimise the risk of catching covid. So far so good.  The risk of getting long Covid or worse is too high.

So forget about the 95% including myself who got vaccinated.  I'm the 1% who still wears a mask. 

There are a lot more things out there other than Covid that could potentially kill me. They include getting out of bed, not getting out of bed, crossing busy roads and walking down steps.

It's all a question of appropriate risk control.

Unfortunately many people on here don't understand the concept of risk.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 6:33am

Totally UNvaccinated here (I'm only referring to Covid19 shots).

I wear a proper mask IF I need to attend an appointment.

I hand sanitize a lot.

I use our own cars only.

I basically do all shopping, banking etc and work related tasks online.

I haven't had the flu or Covid19 AT ALL.

When are you getting your 5th jab John?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #40 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 6:54am

LOL “own cars”

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #41 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 8:10am

But in modern Australia the concept of mateship is dead, if it ever existed and COVID has shown me that the vast majority of people are selfish front bottoms not worthy of my generosity or even compassion.

Exactly - I believe our society has been like that for a long, long time now but it has taken the Covid pandemic to make it obvious.

aquascoot wrote on Aug 9th, 2022 at 4:15pm:

That's the forum's word censor - I don't what word SK actually typed but I can imagine. Smiley

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 8:47am

Carl D wrote on Aug 10th, 2022 at 8:10am:
But in modern Australia the concept of mateship is dead, if it ever existed and COVID has shown me that the vast majority of people are selfish front bottoms not worthy of my generosity or even compassion.

Exactly - I believe our society has been like that for a long, long time now but it has taken the Covid pandemic to make it obvious.

That's the forum's word censor - I don't what word SK actually typed but I can imagine. Smiley

Mateship? What's that? Remind us all...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #43 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 9:35am

carers of older people

i have to agree,

people with extreme anxiety about covid are totally focused on themselves (narcissistic).
they didnt want to think about their "mates' who owned small businesses, resturants , gyms.
they supported peoples livelihoods being sacrificed
they didnt care about teenagers in schools missing out on seeing their "mates"

We're not talking about tanking the economy, we're talking about cu
nts
like yourself who preach personal responsibility so things don't need to be mandated then refuse to take any responsibility while advocating for death in some personal cursaid to prove to people who don't care about you how alpha you are.

You're a wretched piece of s
hit
and you are utterly unworthy of the gift of life you so easily disregard in others, dressed up as concern and compassion.

You deserve nothing but being first in line for the outcomes you preach for, but alas, we'll just have to settle for you being a lonely old fart obsessing over proving how right you are to strangers online who don't care because the moment your kids grew up enough to pick and choose who is in their lives, they didn't choose you and your wife, if she stuck around, is the one wearing the pants which is why you preach such misogynistic views here to go along with your raging desire to see people die so you can pretend to be tough, special and most importantly, right.

COVID exposed the people like you, unwilling to take the most basic of steps to help protect others to help in keeping everything open so the people you pretend to care about don't lose their small businesses etc, all while crying about how victimised you are...

The world will be a better place when you're nothing but a statistic, forgotten and used as fodder by conspiracy tards red pilled by similar rhetoric to what you've posted. 

Even that is more than you deserve.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #44 - Aug 10th, 2022 at 9:55am

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 10th, 2022 at 8:47am:
Carl D wrote on Aug 10th, 2022 at 8:10am:

Mateship? What's that? Remind us all...

We look after our own, and our own is who is here in this country.  It doesn't matter your age, race or gender, you're one of us.

I used to think country folk were racist until I was living in a rural town for a short time and while they say some of the most incredibly racist things I've heard (until joining this forum), they were the first there when the new Vietnamese family moved in to help them when their shop burned down.  I would always try to do the right thing, but after witnessing this, and taking part where I could help, the locals treated the imports like their own, without hesitation, the moment they needed help.  Even one of the most stoic, walls up no emotions on display farmer we there, hugging the father of the family and crying with him when they were going through what was left of the building.

Turns out they're really not that racist, they just say racist things.  They recognise humanity and its people like that, racist language and jokes aside, that formed my understanding of what mateship was.

But that was 20 years ago.

My wife and our eldest hopped on the buses to Brisbane twice after the floods to help clean up.

They won't be the last floods, but I'm done with things like the mud army.

As things start to get more difficult in the economy, rates increase and belts need tightening, I'd already gone through our budget and identified the things that I can cut out.

But now, with my new found realisation about the rest of your cu
nts
, I've decided that the multiple streaming services we have are more important than the monthly contribution to breast cancer research and the one for Alzheimer's.  Someone else can do it.

Why should I go without netflix?

The next time my neighbour's husband who should really be in a home goes walkabout, I'm not going to join the search, might as well just stay home and watch some Iron Chef.

Or Gladys down the street, widowed and in her 90's, bitch can mow her own lawn and take her bins out and in herself, I've got my own things to worry about.  And if her Woolies delivery isn't on time and she runs out of toilet paper or tissues, she can call her son in Victoria, not my problem.

Trolleys?  No need to return those, just push them into someone else's car when I'm done.

Doing a tip run and got spare space in my tray or trailer, no need to check if my neighbours have anything they need to get rid of.

Provide free accommodation to homeless pets after the bushfires when their families are barely able to find a roof over their head, let alone a pet-friendly one?  Nahhhhhh, not my problem.

Storm or flood damage on your place?  I'll crack a beer and watch you struggle to close your garage door or board up your windows.

There is no point in modern Australia pretending mateship is a thing anymore and trying to be a part of it. 

Too many people have their hands out, wanting assistance when they need help but will never ever help those in return.

"Oh sorry I've got a bad back", "Oh I don't have time, sorry" blah blah blah 

And they're usually the ones who will tell others to pull themselves up by their bootstraps yet cry the loudest when they need help.

Be it something simple like wearing a mask when they're being begged to by authorities so they don't have to mandate it, or lending a hand in a time of crisis.

They have found a way to push their selfishness to such an extreme that it's destroyed what was left of mateship in this country.

It's been replaced with "Fu
ck
you, I've got mine" and "People I think I'm better than are getting a level playing field, I deserve more!".
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2022 at 10:03am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print