Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81
Send Topic Print
Cultural Marxism is everywhere. (Read 37912 times)
thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Re: Cultural Marxism is everywhere.
Reply #750 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:37am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 6:17pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 3:58pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 2nd, 2023 at 1:15pm:
About 'A Profound Reorganising of Things'
In early 2022, for the first time in its 34-year history, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) inched further toward acknowledging what Indigenous Peoples and First Nations have long known: that colonialism is a catastrophic environmental violence (Funes, 2022). The IPCC report named colonialism as a driver and exacerbator of the harms of climate change. What this overdue recognition understates, however, is the fact that climate change and colonialism are co-constitutive, rather than some more benign consequence of history. Indeed, as Red River Métis/Michif pollution scientist Max Liboiron (2021) argues, climate change is an inevitable manifestation of global colonial land relations: not merely the effect or symptom of colonial violence, but the enactment of this violence in and of itself.

Global failure to understand and engage with the colonial roots of the impending climate catastrophe both constrains our collective capacities to untangle this wicked problem and simultaneously works to secure settler futurity and white supremacy. This dynamic is mirrored in other political, economic, and social spheres in settler colonies: the incarceration of Bla(c)k, Indigenous, and peoples of colour; the gross and increasing economic divide between rich and poor both on global and domestic scales; the detention and mistreatment of asylum seekers and refugees; poor health outcomes for Indigenous Peoples; as well as myriad other inequities and injustices, all of which can be traced to the corrupt land relations of (settler) colonialism.

Understanding these issues in this way holds systems and relations of power to account. It enables these violences to be understood as products of the complex entanglements of power that sustain settler occupation of Indigenous lands. That is to say, the incarceration of Indigenous peoples in so-called Australia is deeply implicated in the warming of the planet, is deeply implicated in the offshore detention of asylum seekers, and so on.
https://arts.unimelb.edu.au/australiancentre/a-profound-reorganising-of-things/a...

Sounds like gauche parody but it isn't.

I agree with you for once (!!), this is intellectualism gone mad.

Obviously stone age cultures had no effect on the climate,  their CO2 emissions were negligible.

I doubt the IPCC are behind such nonsense, as attributed to Max Liboiron.

Btw, I think 2023 has just been recognized by the relevant global authority as the hottest year on record...put that in your pipe and smoke it....

Don't see any relationship to Cultural Marxism in any of this gobbledygook.

True, though ANY reference to global organization/management (eg the IPCC science and necessary global action) will attract Frank's anti "Marxist" ideology. The demise of the stone-age 'environment friendly' cultures is just another red-herring for Frank to rail about.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #751 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 3:02pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 3:48pm:
Trust the faux intellectualism of Murdoch's RW Oz to get it wrong, as always.

I don't know if Chekhov was a revolutionary or a reactionary: "Chekhov felt that inner freedom was more important than political or social freedom".

....but.....the serfs were oppressed by Tzarism, so much for "inner freedom".   

Quote:
I wanted to see this Seagull production and was about to book tickets when these muppets donned their keffyas on preview night. No way now.
Pity. I love Chekhov but couldn't watch what these bozos are doing to his work.

I do not know what Chekhov would have thought of the occupation of Palestine,  or carving of Israel out of Arab lands,  against the wishes of the Arabs, do you?   

You are a semi-literate, ignorant blowhard, parrot.

What is the relevance of serf in Russia? Chekhov was 1 year old when the serf were liberated.

Nobody goes to the theatre, opera, concert, any cultural event to be a captive audience of performers to parade their political views. It's disgraceful, regardless of what politics they parade.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #752 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 3:08pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 1:53pm:
The right lack culture as does Marxism.

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #753 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:13pm

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 3:02pm:

I don't know if Chekhov was a revolutionary or a reactionary: "Chekhov felt that inner freedom was more important than political or social freedom".

Quote:
I wanted to see this Seagull production and was about to book tickets when these muppets donned their keffyas on preview night. No way now.

I do not know what Chekhov would have thought of the occupation of Palestine,  or carving of Israel out of Arab lands,  against the wishes of the Arabs, do you?   

Now you've got that off your chest, let's see what you've got (if anything...)

Quote:
What is the relevance of serf in Russia? Chekhov was 1 year old when the serf were liberated.

Er.... the serfs in Russia were not 'liberated' until the last Tsar was murdered, and a 'Marxist' revolution occurred.

Dummy......

Quote:
Nobody goes to the theatre, opera, concert, any cultural event to be a captive audience of performers to parade their political views. It's disgraceful, regardless of what politics they parade.

Art can be very political....didn't you know....

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #754 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:16pm

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 3:08pm:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 1:53pm:
The right lack culture as does Marxism.

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

https://media.tenor.com/3W23pfxaRwMAAAAM/duck-peas.gif

Those ducks look hungry, are you starving them?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #755 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:26pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:13pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Er.... the serfs in Russia were not 'liberated' until the last Tsar was murdered, and a 'Marxist' revolution occurred.

Dummy......

Quote:

Semi literate ignorant blowhard is correct.
Serf liberated in 1861.
Seagulls is is not about politics.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #756 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:38pm

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:26pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Dummy......

Quote:

Serf liberated in 1861.

er... Tsarist Russia hardly liberated anyone, that's why Mr Lenin effected some changes after Chekhov died at age 44, in 1904.

Quote:

Which suggests Chekhov was writng for the intelligentsia, not the serfs.....

google: "The play deals with lost opportunities and the clash between generations."

Yeh.... rich people's  problems....Most Russians had other concerns to deal with.

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:47pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #757 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:52pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:38pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Dummy......

Quote:

Serf liberated in 1861.

er... Tsarist Russia hardly liberated anyone, that's why Mr Lenin effected some changes after Chekhov died at age 44, in 1904.

Quote:

google: "The play deals with lost opportunities and the clash between generations."

Yeh.... rich people's  problems....Most Russians had other concerns to deal with.

Moron.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #758 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 5:03pm

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:52pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Dummy......

Quote:

Serf liberated in 1861.

Quote:

Moron.

Er...you forgot to back your assertion with reasoned argument....again...

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #759 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:42pm

Quote:
Cultural Marxism is everywhere.

I was down at the lake earlier and I think I seen some Cultural Marxism float past.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #760 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:43pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 5:03pm:
Moron.

It is Frank you know ?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #761 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:45pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:42pm:
Quote:

I was down at the lake earlier and I think I seen some Cultural Marxism float past.

On its way to the processing plant for the Bondi Outfall...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #762 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:45pm:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 6:42pm:
Quote:

On its way to the processing plant for the Bondi Outfall...

Nowhere near the murk.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #763 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 11:41pm

Quote:

Quote:

Dummy......

Quote:

Serf liberated in 1861.

Quote:

Moron.

Read your own post - self evident.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #764 - Dec 11th, 2023 at 4:57pm

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 11:41pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Dummy......

Quote:

Serf liberated in 1861.

Quote:

Moron.

Read your own post - self evident.

I think you lost what's left of your mind when I observed: "art can be very political...."

Artists have the right to reinterpret the art of others.

Chekhov through Marxist eyes?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81
Send Topic Print