UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Re: Immigration
Reply #1275 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 2:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 2:42pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 2:35pm:
...on the fact that indigenous adults are guaranteed $43,000 per year, no matter what they do.

According to whom?  Mrs."I am not a Racist" Pauline Hanson?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

According to a Centrelink employee who blabbed to me about how much an indigenous person gets compared to non-indigenous people. And according to two different indigenous families that I have known that were struggling on single-parent incomes, but not so much when it came to indigenous special benefits.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1276 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:14pm

Anyway - looks like the entire set of circumstances surrounding 'Aboriginalism' need to be resolved before the next election... who is and who isn't and by what standard... what actual 'rights' does that imply ... what 'entitlements' never enjoyed by anyone else...

Give 'em their own small plot of land or give 'em their own state.... easy as pie... but you cannot co-exist with an 'Aboriginal State' that insinuates itself into every part of  Mainstream Australia and seeks to stop or slow it down while demanding everything at whim and on spurious bases such as suddenly finding a 'sacred site'.

Such an Aboriginal State without Borders would be a cancer in the bloodstream of Australia... we are either one or we are not..... if we are not - go your own separate ways and leave the rest of us alone.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1277 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:16pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 2:55pm:
...on the fact that indigenous adults are guaranteed $43,000 per year, no matter what they do.

According to whom?  Mrs."I am not a Racist" Pauline Hanson?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

According to a Centrelink employee who blabbed to me about how much an indigenous person gets compared to non-indigenous people.

The same.

They get the same.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1278 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:44pm

According to a Centrelink employee who blabbed to me about how much an indigenous person gets compared to non-indigenous people. And according to two different indigenous families that I have known that were struggling on single-parent incomes, but not so much when it came to indigenous special benefits.

So, in otherwords it is just an anecdote that does not bear resemblance to reality, hey, UnSub?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1279 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:44pm:

So, in otherwords it is just an anecdote that does not bear resemblance to reality, hey, UnSub?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A series of 3 examples of being told by credible people that indigenous Australians receive special benefits to boost their socioeconomic position. One being a Centrelink worker. The other two were families who freely admitted to receiving extra help from the Australian government that is not given to other mainstream (non-indigenous) Australians.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1280 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 4:03pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 3:44pm:

So, in otherwords it is just an anecdote that does not bgeear resemblance to reality, hey, UnSub?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A series of 3 examples of being told by credible people that indigenous Australians receive special benefits to boost their socioeconomic position. One being a Centrelink worker. The other two were families who freely admitted to receiving extra help from the Australian government that is not given to other mainstream (non-indigenous) Australians.

And yet, the "Gap" still exists for Indigenous Australians.  Sorry, UnSub there is a thread in the Islam Forum, where Yadda asks if we believe what Muslims tell us.  I think there should be a thread here about whether we should believe Queenslanders or not.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1281 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 4:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 4:03pm:
And yet, the "Gap" still exists for Indigenous Australians.  Sorry, UnSub there is a thread in the Islam Forum, where Yadda asks if we believe what Muslims tell us.  I think there should be a thread here about whether we should believe Queenslanders or not.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

About 4 years ago, I got an extra $550/fortnight in my Centrelink payments. I also had reduced work, due to lockdowns. Imagine what I did during the 6 months of these extra payments and little work? I drank. Instead of saving up these payments and buying a newer car, I drank. Last year, I had to replace my car's engine with a $3500 second hand engine. I actually had to budget frugally for that to happen.

Can I suggest that the spoiled options indigenous Australians have at their disposal is the reason why the "gap" still remains? Whilst two of the indigenous families have gotten by quite well and I have seen the children become excellent constructive citizens, it is no guarantee that other indigenous people will do well socioeconomically. The complacency of expecting to be looked after from cradle to grave is the reason why indigenous Australians are not trying to better themselves and get out of the poverty trap. But, at least they avoid the poverty trap because they get paid at least $850 per week, no matter what they do.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1282 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 4:18pm

As for your snide remark about Queenslanders, I figure you have nothing. Queenslanders have a good reputation for toughing out the harsh realities of Australian life. We are also more educated on average than much of the country. What has a Western Australian got to worry about? How to spend the money generated from mining. Get back to me when you travel outside of Perth and have had to fight for survival, using your wits.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1283 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:37pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 4:18pm:
As for your snide remark about Queenslanders, I figure you have nothing. Queenslanders have a good reputation for toughing out the harsh realities of Australian life. We are also more educated on average than much of the country. What has a Western Australian got to worry about? How to spend the money generated from mining. Get back to me when you travel outside of Perth and have had to fight for survival, using your wits.

I spent 10 years "fighting for your survival" in the Australian Army, UnSub.  I come from South Australia originally, I have lived in the ACT and WA as well as SA.  I find your claims about Queenslanders rather remarkable but hey, I've never lived there, only visited and seen what it was like under Sir Joh.  The pilot on the plane instructed his passengers to, "turn their watches back 20 years, compared to the rest of Australia."   Anyway, you can believe what ever fairy tales your friends tell you Unsub.  I've merely pointed for the majority of Indigenous Australians, the "Gap" exists and it renders your claim about Social Security benefits rather mute IMO.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1284 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:45pm

Quote:
Get back to me when you travel outside of Perth and have had to fight for survive

Cheesy Cheesy
This from unsub, the guy who still lives in his parents house and has never left Rockhampton  Cheesy Cheesy

You're a man of the world Unsub  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1285 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:49pm

Immigration is the only fast solution to a country's declining birth rate,

The best solution would be to encourage citizens to have more children, but that would likely include significant tax hikes to fund incentives.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1286 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:01pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:45pm:
Quote:
Get back to me when you travel outside of Perth and have had to fight for survive

Cheesy Cheesy
This from unsub, the guy who still lives in his parents house and has never left Rockhampton  Cheesy Cheesy

You're a man of the world Unsub  Cheesy Cheesy

Oh wow! I live in a cheaply rented house that my mother and my uncles inherited from their mother. To you that means I do nothing in my life. Perhaps if I was not treated like crap for 30 years I would probably be able to afford more time and money towards fixing up a house that could probably be condemned upon council inspection.
I have done more for this country in the last 30 years than you have and ever will do in your life, John. Sit down.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1287 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:37pm:

I spent 10 years "fighting for your survival" in the Australian Army, UnSub.  I come from South Australia originally, I have lived in the ACT and WA as well as SA.  I find your claims about Queenslanders rather remarkable but hey, I've never lived there, only visited and seen what it was like under Sir Joh.  The pilot on the plane instructed his passengers to, "turn their watches back 20 years, compared to the rest of Australia."   Anyway, you can believe what ever fairy tales your friends tell you Unsub.  I've merely pointed for the majority of Indigenous Australians, the "Gap" exists and it renders your claim about Social Security benefits rather mute IMO.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

How many times have you been shot, Brian, during a war? Have you been to East Timor for peacekeeping? Have you ever been deployed into a war zone? Have you been bitten by a snake? How's your record of navigating a boat through crocodile infested waters? What sort of survival skills do you have? Do you even have a first aid certificate (completed no later than 3 years ago)?

I have been to Perth and Canberra once. I have not been to Adelaide. Hobart is the other capital city in Australia that I have not been. Let us face it, Perth and Canberra are pretty easy places to live for anyone. You don't have to worry about the harsh climate and some of the minorities making your life hell. Indigenous Australians are getting a free ride. And if they cannot close the "gap" with non-indigenous Australians, then it is a result of indigenous Australians just going for a free ride and not trying to help themselves be better people.

Before 1987, you were in Qld? Well, that does not surprise me that you criticise Qld then. It was a pretty crappy time to be a Qlder. In fact, it was probably until 1997 when things only started to get better. 25 year in the past, us Qlders can be pretty happy with how our state and economy has progressed.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1288 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:20pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:49pm:
Immigration is the only fast solution to a country's declining birth rate,

The best solution would be to encourage citizens to have more children, but that would likely include significant tax hikes to fund incentives.

The trick is to decentralise industries so that other sections of the state can get industries and employment opportunities. It might be convenient to have industries set up and operate in the cities. But, that would just lead to city-slickers with the career mind lifestyles at the expense of having children. Regional towns are basically the places that are carrying the higher childbirth rates. But the children grow up and then move to the cities where employment opportunities are found.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1289 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:00pm

And that's only against the Abordiginous....

Gotta thing going on up here over 'development' at Coffs Harbour.... state government wants to put up a host of private dwellings along the foreshore - the locals are up in arms, the Greens want social housing..... the local Uncle was very onside  - does that mean no further 'land claims' for foreshore/oceanfront land... Foreshores For All!!

I prefer the Grappler Party motto - "Lose your foreshores now - never see them again!"  ... encompasses all these ideas and claims .... a nation divided against itself cannot stand... People's Rights Forever!!

Hell - what are we waiting for?

Return of all our bloody foreshore!!

Why is it we give some pharks?

Return us all our National Parks!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 100
Send Topic Print