Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 46474 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Immigration
Reply #1290 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:17pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:16pm:
How many times have you been shot, Brian, during a war? Have you been to East Timor for peacekeeping? Have you ever been deployed into a war zone? Have you been bitten by a snake? How's your record of navigating a boat through crocodile infested waters? What sort of survival skills do you have? Do you even have a first aid certificate (completed no later than 3 years ago)?

I have IMHO reasonable survival skills.  I have done an Army survival course which the Indigenous advisors advised that the country was, "quite hard" to live off.  I have exercised around Darwin with live ammunition for emergency use against Crocodiles and Buffaloes. I have navigated a boat in and around the Murray mouth and the Coorong.  I have instructed on a First Aid course many years ago (more than 5 years ago).  I am not a neophyte.  I have not served outside of Australia, it was once not fashionable to do so after Vietnam.  I do not claim what I have not done, UnSub, unlike some here.

Quote:
I have been to Perth and Canberra once. I have not been to Adelaide. Hobart is the other capital city in Australia that I have not been. Let us face it, Perth and Canberra are pretty easy places to live for anyone. You don't have to worry about the harsh climate and some of the minorities making your life hell.

I have visited every Australian capital city except Hobart at least once in my life.  You have obviously never visited Canberra in the middle of winter?  As for minorities making my life hell, well I don't seem to have problems with minorities all that much, with the exception of one Chinese bloke who decided to insult me in Canberra for no reason - obviously he had a bad day or something.  I get along with most people without any trouble.  Perhaps I don't attempt to lord it over them?

Quote:
Indigenous Australians are getting a free ride. And if they cannot close the "gap" with non-indigenous Australians, then it is a result of indigenous Australians just going for a free ride and not trying to help themselves be better people.

Spoken like an unsympathetic Queenslander.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Before 1987, you were in Qld? Well, that does not surprise me that you criticise Qld then. It was a pretty crappy time to be a Qlder. In fact, it was probably until 1997 when things only started to get better. 25 year in the past, us Qlders can be pretty happy with how our state and economy has progressed.

Only since the ousting of Sir Joh.  Thank god his bid for Canberra was soundly defeated.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1291 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:16pm:
How many times have you been shot, Brian, during a war? Have you been to East Timor for peacekeeping? Have you ever been deployed into a war zone? Have you been bitten by a snake? How's your record of navigating a boat through crocodile infested waters? What sort of survival skills do you have? Do you even have a first aid certificate (completed no later than 3 years ago)?

I have IMHO reasonable survival skills.  I have done an Army survival course which the Indigenous advisors advised that the country was, "quite hard" to live off.  I have exercised around Darwin with live ammunition for emergency use against Crocodiles and Buffaloes. I have navigated a boat in and around the Murray mouth and the Coorong.  I have instructed on a First Aid course many years ago (more than 5 years ago).  I am not a neophyte.  I have not served outside of Australia, it was once not fashionable to do so after Vietnam.  I do not claim what I have not done, UnSub, unlike some here.

Quote:
I have been to Perth and Canberra once. I have not been to Adelaide. Hobart is the other capital city in Australia that I have not been. Let us face it, Perth and Canberra are pretty easy places to live for anyone. You don't have to worry about the harsh climate and some of the minorities making your life hell.

I have visited every Australian capital city except Hobart at least once in my life.  You have obviously never visited Canberra in the middle of winter?  As for minorities making my life hell, well I don't seem to have problems with minorities all that much, with the exception of one Chinese bloke who decided to insult me in Canberra for no reason - obviously he had a bad day or something.  I get along with most people without any trouble.  Perhaps I don't attempt to lord it over them?

Quote:
Indigenous Australians are getting a free ride. And if they cannot close the "gap" with non-indigenous Australians, then it is a result of indigenous Australians just going for a free ride and not trying to help themselves be better people.

Spoken like an unsympathetic Queenslander.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Before 1987, you were in Qld? Well, that does not surprise me that you criticise Qld then. It was a pretty crappy time to be a Qlder. In fact, it was probably until 1997 when things only started to get better. 25 year in the past, us Qlders can be pretty happy with how our state and economy has progressed.

Only since the ousting of Sir Joh.  Thank god his bid for Canberra was soundly defeated.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are in a wheelchair, drooling, post stroke, Bbwiyawn.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1292 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:40pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #1293 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:46pm

Frank:

At this stage...
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1294 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:54pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:46pm:
Frank:

[url]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/young-man-having-heart-attack-24837287
.jpg[/url]

Waaaaay too swarthy.

Thicko Smiff.  Mothra. Paki arse sniffer or gweggy.

Me

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1295 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:10pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 6:01pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:45pm:
Quote:
Get back to me when you travel outside of Perth and have had to fight for survive

Cheesy Cheesy
This from unsub, the guy who still lives in his parents house and has never left Rockhampton  Cheesy Cheesy

You're a man of the world Unsub  Cheesy Cheesy

Oh wow! I live in a cheaply rented house that my mother and my uncles inherited from their mother. To you that means I do nothing in my life. Perhaps if I was not treated like crap for 30 years I would probably be able to afford more time and money towards fixing up a house that could probably be condemned upon council inspection.
I have done more for this country in the last 30 years than you have and ever will do in your life, John. Sit down.

Feeling inadequate unsub? Grin
All I did was point out the hypocrisy of you criticising others for being untravelled. You haven't even travelled away from mums house Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1296 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:15pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:10pm:
All I did was point out the hypocrisy of you criticising others for being untravelled. You haven't even travelled away from mums house Cheesy

It has been a number of years since I have been further than Toowoomba. But, I have travelled around the country. I doubt that Brian has been in the military and trained to handle various situations. But, I doubt he has any real experience in conflicts.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1297 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:16pm

Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:54pm:
Waaaaay too swarthy.

I was trying to point out what Brian expects you to do after Brian posts his yawn emojis. And you are supposed to (somehow) be swayed into changing your ways.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1298 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:32pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:16pm:
Waaaaay too swarthy.

I was trying to point out what Brian expects you to do after Brian posts his yawn emojis. And you are supposed to (somehow) be swayed into changing your ways.

Pal, you are a fat 40something provincial alcoholic. I salute you for owning up to it.

Past that, you tend to be crappy, with flashes of occasional insights.  Drinking a bottle of whiskey in a sitting is no insight, except into the drinker's self-hate.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1299 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:40pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 5:49pm:
Immigration is the only fast solution to a country's declining birth rate,

The best solution would be to encourage citizens to have more children, but that would likely include significant tax hikes to fund incentives.

its not a solution to a declining birth rate because it doesnt change the birth rate  (and a 'declining birth rate' isn't a problem enough necessarily to even justify a solution)

and the latter doesnt work either

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1300 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:15pm:

It has been a number of years since I have been further than Toowoomba. But, I have travelled around the country. I doubt that Brian has been in the military and trained to handle various situations. But, I doubt he has any real experience in conflicts.

if brian really was in the military all that confirms to me is theyre a bunch of poofs who really do pound each other in the locker rooms

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1301 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:17pm:

That is great, Brian. I too have reasonable survival skills. I did have good survival skills, given that I did a camp in the 'wilderness' with a group of people when I was 18. Survived on canned food, fish we caught from the river, and whatever else we could find that could be edible. Needless to say, we went back to civilisation a bit malnourished and slightly dehydrated a week after we set out. And the mosquitos made for some rough sleeping.

I have fired hand guns, rifles, and automatic and semi-automatic firearms. The army said that I had potential, but I might not be committed to joining the army. They gave me an orientation course to do. I passed quite well. But, my fat arse would not pass that course today.

Trivia question: Brian, what do you do if you were bitten by a brown snake and you were far from medical help?

Quote:
You have obviously never visited Canberra in the middle of winter?

Nope. I would not last. I am a tropical person. I was there in Canberra back in 1998 during the summer.

Quote:
As for minorities making my life hell, well I don't seem to have problems with minorities all that much

That is because you don't live around them. My town has a severe car theft problem. And in just about every car theft is the result of indigenous people stealing cars as part of an initiation. If you are out in public and look up from minding your own business to see who is in front of you, you would likely get a "what are you looking at?" type query from most indigenous people. And if you have not experienced bullying at primary school by indigenous students, you are probably too old to have been educated among them.

Quote:
Spoken like an unsympathetic Queenslander.

I drink. I spend $150 a week on scotch. My bank account balance has slowly declined to be half of what it was in the year 2022. Should you feel sorry for me because of my lack of self-control? No, you should not. Indigenous people get an easy ride, where they really don't need to work in order to live at least a modest life without really trying. Until you find a receipt of an indigenous Centrelink recipient that does not have indigenous benefits written included to their Newstart payments, I won't believe you about indigenous extra benefits.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1302 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:57pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, UnSub, such a doubting Thomas you are.  I can prove I have served in the Army. I have photographic evidence of my service.  Would you like me to prove it too you?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1303 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:03pm

Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:32pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:16pm:
Waaaaay too swarthy.

Pal, you are a fat 40something provincial alcoholic. I salute you for owning up to it.

Past that, you tend to be crappy, with flashes of occasional insights.  Drinking a bottle of whiskey in a sitting is no insight, except into the drinker's self-hate.

I have PTSD as a result of being near murdered in my teens. I have been medicated for mental health problems. And I have had long-term sobriety where I thought that I could get on with a normal life. Other than the semi-occasional 10 standard drinks in a sitting I would have, I had been generally good with my lack of alcohol consumption. Something triggered me back in 2021. My drinking became excessive from then on. It has only been in the last month that I cut back and have gone sober. My last drinking session led me to feeling depressed -- even though I was not seriously considering suicide -- and that forced me to quit drinking.

My blood test tomorrow will reveal how much damage I have done to my body.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1304 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:57pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, UnSub, such a doubting Thomas you are.  I can prove I have served in the Army. I have photographic evidence of my service.  Would you like me to prove it too you?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My apologies, Brian. I actually meant that "I don't doubt that Brian has been in the military and trained to handle various situations".

So, how did you go with the trivia question I gave you? Have you at least googled an answer?

At this stage...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 100
Send Topic Print