Gold Member

Re: Immigration
Reply #1305 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:12pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:03pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:32pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:16pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:54pm:
Waaaaay too swarthy.

Thicko Smiff.  Mothra. Paki arse sniffer or gweggy.

I was trying to point out what Brian expects you to do after Brian posts his yawn emojis. And you are supposed to (somehow) be swayed into changing your ways.

Pal, you are a fat 40something provincial alcoholic. I salute you for owning up to it.

Past that, you tend to be crappy, with flashes of occasional insights.  Drinking a bottle of whiskey in a sitting is no insight, except into the drinker's self-hate.

I have PTSD as a result of being near murdered in my teens. I have been medicated for mental health problems. And I have had long-term sobriety where I thought that I could get on with a normal life. Other than the semi-occasional 10 standard drinks in a sitting I would have, I had been generally good with my lack of alcohol consumption. Something triggered me back in 2021. My drinking became excessive from then on. It has only been in the last month that I cut back and have gone sober. My last drinking session led me to feeling depressed -- even though I was not seriously considering suicide -- and that forced me to quit drinking.

My blood test tomorrow will reveal how much damage I have done to my body.

how much do you drink?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #1306 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:15pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:12pm:
how much do you drink?

Up until nearly 2 weeks ago, I would drink 2 litres of scotch.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1307 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:17pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 8:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 7:17pm:
I have IMHO reasonable survival skills.  I have done an Army survival course which the Indigenous advisors advised that the country was, "quite hard" to live off.  I have exercised around Darwin with live ammunition for emergency use against Crocodiles and Buffaloes. I have navigated a boat in and around the Murray mouth and the Coorong.  I have instructed on a First Aid course many years ago (more than 5 years ago).  I am not a neophyte.  I have not served outside of Australia, it was once not fashionable to do so after Vietnam.  I do not claim what I have not done, UnSub, unlike some here.

That is great, Brian. I too have reasonable survival skills. I did have good survival skills, given that I did a camp in the 'wilderness' with a group of people when I was 18. Survived on canned food, fish we caught from the river, and whatever else we could find that could be edible. Needless to say, we went back to civilisation a bit malnourished and slightly dehydrated a week after we set out. And the mosquitos made for some rough sleeping.

I have fired hand guns, rifles, and automatic and semi-automatic firearms. The army said that I had potential, but I might not be committed to joining the army. They gave me an orientation course to do. I passed quite well. But, my fat arse would not pass that course today.

I once had marksmanship badges for my use of a rifle.  I have experience on fully automatic rifles, M16 rifles, L4a4 Bren Guns, M60 GPMGs on both bipods and tripods, 81mm Mortars, 84mm Recoilless Rifles Carl Gustavs and M72 Rocket Launchers.  I have trained to use bayonets on the end of rifles and M18a1 Claymore mines.
I can use a map and compass and have instructed in the use of both.

Quote:
Trivia question: Brian, what do you do if you were bitten by a brown snake and you were far from medical help?

A pressure immobilisation bandage is recommended for anyone bitten by a venomous snake. You should firmly bandage the area of the body involved (such as an arm or leg), and keep the person calm and still until medical help arrives.

Quote:
Quote:
You have obviously never visited Canberra in the middle of winter?

Nope. I would not last. I am a tropical person. I was there in Canberra back in 1998 during the summer.

Whereas I am a cold temperate person and do not like the tropics...

Quote:
Quote:
As for minorities making my life hell, well I don't seem to have problems with minorities all that much

That is because you don't live around them. My town has a severe car theft problem. And in just about every car theft is the result of indigenous people stealing cars as part of an initiation. If you are out in public and look up from minding your own business to see who is in front of you, you would likely get a "what are you looking at?" type query from most indigenous people. And if you have not experienced bullying at primary school by indigenous students, you are probably too old to have been educated among them.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, you must think that the rest of Australia is a monoculture or something.  I have lived around minorities my whole life.  I have rented my Adelaide house to Refugees.  Minorities exist everywhere in Australia.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Spoken like an unsympathetic Queenslander.

I drink. I spend $150 a week on scotch. My bank account balance has slowly declined to be half of what it was in the year 2022. Should you feel sorry for me because of my lack of self-control? No, you should not. Indigenous people get an easy ride, where they really don't need to work in order to live at least a modest life without really trying. Until you find a receipt of an indigenous Centrelink recipient that does not have indigenous benefits written included to their Newstart payments, I won't believe you about indigenous extra benefits.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, you sound like a bit of a loser there.  Go out and get a real job and live a real life amongst real Australians, UnSub. Stop being an internet troll.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1308 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:26pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:15pm:
how much do you drink?

daily?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1309 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:38pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1310 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:45pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:26pm:
how much do you drink?

daily?

Per week. I would be dead right now if I drank 2 litres of scotch daily.

At this stage...
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1311 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 9:45pm:
how much do you drink?

daily?

how much is that in standard drinks?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1312 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:05pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:00pm:
how much do you drink?

daily?

According to the bottle, 1 litre of scotch is about 32 standard drinks.

At this stage...
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1313 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 11:28pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:05pm:
JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:00pm:
how much do you drink?

daily?

According to the bottle, 1 litre of scotch is about 32 standard drinks.

so assuming you didnt drink any other alcohol, that's 64 standard drinks a week

about 6.5x the safe amount holy sh_t

did you totally get messed up from that?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1314 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 2:39am

JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 11:28pm:

10 standard drinks were what I would consume back in my twenties. That 6 lots of 1.7 standard drink Woodstock cans.

Some afternoons of recent years, I would start drinking my scotch. The aim was to get through a bottle of scotch through the night (12 hours). I would have about 3 glass mugs (500mL) of scotch and cola before I feel the effects of being tipsy. But that would be typical of someone like me who is an experienced drinker.

But, I have the tendency to fall asleep by glass number 5. I would estimate that I had poured about 650mL of scotch and slightly more than a bottle of cola by that time. I might sleep a couple of hours. Then I would wake up feeling okay and continue. Some nights I would make it through the night and finish the bottle. Other times I just have left over scotch that I finish the next afternoon.

At this stage...
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1315 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 9:00am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 2:39am:
JC Denton wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 11:28pm:

10 standard drinks were what I would consume back in my twenties. That 6 lots of 1.7 standard drink Woodstock cans.

Some afternoons of recent years, I would start drinking my scotch. The aim was to get through a bottle of scotch through the night (12 hours). I would have about 3 glass mugs (500mL) of scotch and cola before I feel the effects of being tipsy. But that would be typical of someone like me who is an experienced drinker.

But, I have the tendency to fall asleep by glass number 5. I would estimate that I had poured about 650mL of scotch and slightly more than a bottle of cola by that time. I might sleep a couple of hours. Then I would wake up feeling okay and continue. Some nights I would make it through the night and finish the bottle. Other times I just have left over scotch that I finish the next afternoon.

if you keep doing this you're going to give yourself cirrhosis of the liver

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #1316 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 2:29pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 1:52pm:
Wrong, and wilfully ignorant -  and beyond the possibility of learning,  after all the debate on this board re 'personal responsibilty', and macro-economic forces which are outside the indivudial's ability to control.

Fail.

tgd, there are poor indigenous Australians. There are middle-income indigenous Australians. And then there are rich ($180,000+ per year earning) indigenous Australians.

Your error: we are talking about the egregious socio- economic gap affecting low income blacks in Oz, as measured by life expectancy and incarceration rates, compared with non-blacks (and the few high income blacks like Dodson , not white-blacks like Thorpe).   

Your proposition that it is all about 'personal accountability/ personal responsibility, is willful ignorance.

Quote:
The macro-economic forces are not targeting people based on their racial background.

Amazing... a correct statement from you.

But the egregious effects of the poverty industry  ("welfare" in lieu of paid work)  - which is supposed to ameliorate the effects of destructive macro-economic forces  (like inflation, high interest rates and unemployment) - is much worse for poor blacks given the special circumstances of blacks as a race in Oz (ie cultural displacement).

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1317 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:29pm

do not read thegreatdivide responses

do not reply to thegreatdivide responses

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #1318 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:35pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:29pm:

Exhibit 1.

Denton's closed conservative mind, for whom  debate (and examination of reality) is unacceptable.

"Deplorable". 

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1319 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 1:37pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:35pm:
JC Denton wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:29pm:

Exhibit 1.

Denton's closed conservative mind, for whom  debate (and examination of reality) is unacceptable.

"Deplorable". 

no i just recognise you as a repetitive futile idiot that isn't worth wasting time on, we've already been through this song and dance thanks

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 100
Send Topic Print