Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 100
Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 46471 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Immigration
Reply #1320 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 1:57pm

I find the GreatDivide is often quite refreshing compared to the EmpNap's wanderings.  Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #1321 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 5:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 1:57pm:
I find the GreatDivide is often quite refreshing compared to the EmpNap's wanderings.  Cool

you're a highly effective reverse indicator, whatever you think unfavorably of therefore must be doing something right

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1322 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:07pm

Cheesy
Well, blow me down wiv a featha.....  Cheesy Cheesy

The NarrowPassage is as resolutely and tiresomely stupid and doctrinaire as you, cockwomble, parroting ignorant idiocies and  nutty non-sequiturs like you. 

The only difference is that he doesn't tut tut and roll his unfocused, rheumatic eyes like you. Oh, and he isn't excruciatingly vain like you and doesnt identify with  Maggie Smith OR her parasol.

You call him EmpNap - but do you understand the reference, cockwomble? No.

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:14pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #1323 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 7:28pm

JC Denton wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 9:00am:
if you keep doing this you're going to give yourself cirrhosis of the liver

If I go by the google search for the symptoms, I have the start of such condition. I did a blood test today. Then I went to see a doctor. My eyesight seems to be pretty good at the moment. But, if I keep up what I was doing, I am going to have blurred vision by year out. Hopefully, I can present myself to the doctor in 6 months time looking 25 kg lighter and having a normal blood glucose level.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1324 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 7:48pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jun 3rd, 2024 at 12:27pm:
Your error: we are talking about the egregious socio- economic gap affecting low income blacks in Oz, as measured by life expectancy and incarceration rates, compared with non-blacks (and the few high income blacks like Dodson , not white-blacks like Thorpe).   

Your proposition that it is all about 'personal accountability/ personal responsibility, is willful ignorance.

Guess what, tgd? Making commonsense decisions tends to have a positive influence on one's life. Today, I went to do a blood test where a well-spoken indigenous lady took my Medicare card and the slip of paper the doctor had ordered for the test. After the blood test, I went over to Target where I was greeted at the door by the indigenous assistant. I went over to a food court where some indigenous server took my order, and I was seated by an Asian lady. Afterwards, I went across town and looked in Big W, Kmart, and TK-Maxx for a present to give to my parents' dogs. Although I was not served by anyone at TK-Maxx, both Big W and Kmart had indigenous door people to help me with my query. And then I went on to my doctor's appointment. 2 out of the 3 receptionists there were indigenous. (oh, btw, there were 6 African paintings being displayed on the walls of the waiting area).

Now, I don't know about you. But, the professionalism of these people were enough to convince me that race is not the factor of what is keeping "the gap" as wide as it is. It is just that the proportional rates of millionaire non-indigenous people far outweigh the proportion of millionaire indigenous people. However, the indigenous people that assisted me today were by no means looking like they were living in poverty conditions. Clean, well-presented, well-spoken and doing their jobs were what I noticed about them.

**If all indigenous people made that much effort to be presentable, law-abiding, courteous, educated, and ready to make a contribution to society, that gap would not exist. And that gap only exists because of the lack of motivation by indigenous people in larger proportion compared to non-indigenous to not help get themselves out of poverty.

Quote:
The macro-economic forces are not targeting people based on their racial background.

Quote:
Amazing... a correct statement from you.

But the egregious effects of the poverty industry  ("welfare" in lieu of paid work)  - which is supposed to ameliorate the effects of destructive macro-economic forces  (like inflation, high interest rates and unemployment) - is much worse for poor blacks given the special circumstances of blacks as a race in Oz (ie cultural displacement).

Amazing. More blathering pseudo-intellectual bullshit of irrelevancy. If you want to live a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, of course you are not going to live very long lives. But if you want to sit on a generous welfare set specifically for your racial background, of course you are going to not look after yourself.

The moment we start cutting indigenous special privileges and make indigenous people be treated the same as non-indigenous people, you will see the smugness disappear from indigenous people's faces. If we implemented this tomorrow, I could imagine that the results of the Australian 2026 Census will reveal that most previous indigenous claimants no longer think they are indigenous.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1325 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 7:49pm

thegreatdivide is so woke, even the BLM movement have been requesting that he ease back on the rhetoric.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1326 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 11:24am

Yoga instructors, dog handlers, and martial artists have been identified as roles that Australia needs to fill, according to a draft government migrant skills list.

Really.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #1327 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 11:38am

Frank wrote on Jun 4th, 2024 at 11:24am:

Yoga instructors, dog handlers, and martial artists
have been identified as roles that Australia needs to fill, according to a draft government migrant skills list.

Really.

Hmmm.

Gives a clue to level of competence, of many of the policy advisors,
advising politicians OUR LAWMAKERS in 2024.

TO ALL OF YOU.......
If you have an opportunity to do so,
i would encourage all of you to reacquaint yourself with the 1980's UK TV series......
YES MINISTER
and
YES PRIME MINISTER

Viewing the series again, i'm sure will bring a smile to you face......but for the wrong reason.

Apparently, not a lot changes......in the world of politics.       Sad

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1328 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 1:45pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #1329 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 3:05pm

Yoga instructors, dog handlers, and martial artists have been identified as roles that Australia needs to fill, according to a draft government migrant skills list.

Really.

People do yoga. They need instructors. People have dogs. They need handlers. People like to punch their hands through thin pieces of wood. They need martial artists to show them how to do it properly.

These jobs are not priority jobs to fill. I would say that you might have found an article where the writer was desperate for clickbait.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1330 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 3:51pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 4th, 2024 at 3:05pm:

Really.

People do yoga. They need instructors. People have dogs. They need handlers. People like to punch their hands through thin pieces of wood. They need martial artists to show them how to do it properly.

These jobs are not priority jobs to fill. I would say that you might have found an article where the writer was desperate for clickbait.

Yogis, martial arts teachers make draft fast-track migrant skills list over painters, roof tilers, stonemasons

“Jewellery Designer” also made the list.

Despite the nation’s increasing housing supply crisis, painters, roof tilers, bricklayers, stonemasons and some other tradespeople missed the cut, being placed on a draft list of roles requiring “more consultation”.

Despite several core parties to homebuilding being excluded from the list, the federal government has lofty building goals.

The Albanese government set a target of building 1.2 million new, well-located homes in the space of five years from July 1.

A BuildSkills Australia report sent shockwaves through the foundations of the housing industry in March, when the peak body forecast the country needed 90,000 more tradies to achieve the new home goal; and those tradies needed to materialise in three months’ time.

Urban Taskforce chief executive Stephen Fenn said yoga instructors and dog handlers elevated above bricklayers, glaziers and plasterers defied reality.

“Who are they talking to when they come up with these lists? All they need to do is ask the Reserve Bank how construction inflation is travelling … up almost 40 per cent since covid.

“The housing supply crisis, identified by the Federal Treasurer as a core challenge facing Australia, is underpinned by a skills crisis and labour shortages,” Mr Fenn said.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/yogis-martial-arts-teachers-make-...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1331 - Jun 10th, 2024 at 2:09pm

Did somebody say 'skilled migration, m'kay'?

Australia stuffed full of the wrong foreign workers

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2024/06/australia-stuffed-full-of-the-wrong-for...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #1332 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 3:35pm

The immigration issue will never be fixed because the solution is toxic to those complaining about immigration.

And that's not even including the people who are against immigrants as individuals, rather than immigration, although there is quite a large crossover between the groups.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1333 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:13pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 3:35pm:
The immigration issue will never be fixed because the solution is toxic to those complaining about immigration.

And that's not even including the people who are against immigrants as individuals, rather than immigration, although there is quite a large crossover between the groups.

Why don't you try to make sense? Would be novel experience for you, SadScrots.

What is that solution? What is the difference between being against immigration and complaining about it?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1334 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:23pm

The English patience has run out, and the the world's fastest Indian is acting:-

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/i-will-halve-uk-net-migration-prime-min...

"Rishi Sunak last night vowed to halve net migration and continue slashing it every year of the next Parliament if he wins the General Election.

The Prime Minister for the first time committed to a rough figure on what he pledges to bring the number of legal arrivals down to, as he conceded they were 'too high'."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 100
Send Topic Print