Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 100
Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 46378 times)
JC Denton
Gold Member

Re: Immigration
Reply #720 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:32am

i vote SAP too they get no votes at all and are going nowhere. defunct dead end party but that's all we've got.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #721 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:36am

Aquarius wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:05am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 7:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 2:54pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 2:15pm:
No one ever voted for a Big Australia.
And yet here we are paying the price for it.
Australia's migration intake hit record numbers in January,
despite the Albanese government's plan to slow the surge of new arrivals.

We all voted for, it Bobby, ever since Eddie Ward made his famous statement in 1948.  You voted for it.  It was a Tory Party policy as much as a Labor Party one.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That's rubbish Brian.
What politician in the last election said

'vote for me to have mass immigration -
astronomical rents and prices for: houses, units and flats'  ?

True enough.  I certainly didn't vote for it.  I vote for the Sustainable Australia Party who advocate for sustainable immigration numbers. At present with the numbers pouring in we face an increasingly inequitable future especially with climate change causing our ecosystems to collapse and our environment and wildlife facing extinction.  This is a dry arid continent and cannot support a large population - but that's exactly what we're on track to achieve with this reckless approach to immigration.

And it's Labor with their love of a Big Australia that is causing the destruction not only of our continent but also the loss of our standard of living and economic stability.

Labor have lost the plot but in Victoria we have rusted on Labor voters -

even if they were living in a tent they would still vote Labor.

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #722 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:41am

Dick Smith said he would have stood as a candidate for the party but didn't only because of his age.  They really need someone of this calibre to represent the party.  But if they can get the message out there, people will vote for them because most voters are really dissatisfied with the major parties.

IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #723 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:49am

To be fair I was told back in 2021 a big immigration increase was being planned post Pandemic by economists attached to numerous departments. There wasn't just planning happening to manage the immediate economic realities mid Pandemic. High level and extremely well trained experts and masters degree holders etc were charged with trying to predict outcomes and required approaches out the other side to address the economic losses and effects on growth. A large immigration increase was deemed to out-way possible negatives. This stuff is sometimes non party specific. The wheels in this case set in motion somewhat at arms length from the "vote-able" representatives. Of course that doesn't stop either party exploiting such advice as they see fit.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:55am by goosecat »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #724 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:52am

goosecat wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:49am:
To be fair I was told back in 2021 a big immigration increase was being planned post Pandemic by economists attached to numerous departments. There wasn't just planning happening to manage the immediate economic realities mid Pandemic. High level and extremely well trained experts and masters degree holders etc were charged with trying to predict outcomes and required approaches out the other side to address the economic losses and effects on growth. A large immigration increase was deemed to out-way possible negatives. This stuff is sometimes non party specific. The wheels in this case set in motion somewhat at arms length from the "vote-able" representatives.

I wish they would have told us all that.
It would have given me a better time to buy property than late last year.
I could have got a lot more for my money back in 2021.

The news was that property prices were on their way down back in early 2021.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #725 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:02pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:52am:
To be fair I was told back in 2021 a big immigration increase was being planned post Pandemic by economists attached to numerous departments. There wasn't just planning happening to manage the immediate economic realities mid Pandemic. High level and extremely well trained experts and masters degree holders etc were charged with trying to predict outcomes and required approaches out the other side to address the economic losses and effects on growth. A large immigration increase was deemed to out-way possible negatives. This stuff is sometimes non party specific. The wheels in this case set in motion somewhat at arms length from the "vote-able" representatives.

The news was that property prices were on their way down back in early 2021.   Roll Eyes

Yes well the less said about that the better. Rest assured, certain people at high levels were and always are in the know. There are of course rules and guidelines around sharing this stuff and strictly speaking, I wasn't supposed to know. I'm not going any further with it than that. In fact I've already said too much lol. The truth is, economic advice is happening constantly that affects investment possibles, the general public has no idea about it. There is a whole army of economists, researchers, assistants and departments in reality, employed at every level, state and federal, whom have this knowledge. It is supposed to stay strictly internal, for good reason.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:08pm by goosecat »  

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #726 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:07pm

Is that why all the Labor pollies have been adding to their property portfolios?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #727 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:09pm

To be fair I was told back in 2021 a big immigration increase was being planned post Pandemic by economists attached to numerous departments.

Ah... experts.  Trust the imigration science.

The government bureaocracies and the universities have been totally captured by the big, diverse Australia mantra.

Take the Greens as an example of ideology cooking the brain. If they were a serious and consistent party, they would oppose large scale immigration - but that would be wacist, so they are for it as long as they can stick it to the 'rednecks' who pay their salaries.
If they could they would import only unskilled, non-english speaking cultural aliens as 'refugees'. They regard merit-based immigration (cack-handed as it is) as an affront to 'human rights'.
https://greens.org.au/policies/immigration-and-refugees

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #728 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:10pm

goosecat wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 12:02pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:52am:

Yes well the less said about that the better. Rest assured, certain people at high levels were and always are in the know. There are of course rules and guidelines around sharing this stuff and strictly speaking, I wasn't supposed to know. I'm not going any further with it than that. In fact I've already said too much lol. The truth is, economic advice is happening constantly that affects investment possibles, the general public has no idea about it. There is a whole army of economists, researchers, assistants and departments in reality, employed at every level, state and federal, whom have this knowledge. It is supposed to stay strictly internal, for good reason.

Ohh wonderful -
as long as none of them bought property back in 2021 then it's all OK    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #729 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:23pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 10:14pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 10:09pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me, Bobby you don't want to admit that you're an ignorant stirrer, do you?  Such a silly little man, who didn't read what the major parties published as far as their policies were and yet your still surprised that they dared to carry them out.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Link?

I never read it anywhere.  tsk  tsk  tsk  ...   Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes

Then you're not looking very hard, are you, Bobby. 

Try here: https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_departments/Parliamentary_...

Australian Labor Party – Immigration Policy, 1966

Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #730 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:29pm

It's no different to any other reality. Geologists knowing drill sample results before the market, staff knowing political decisions coming up, Crypto Whales pre reading order books (which also happens in traditional markets by the way). Insiders knowing merger and acquisition info etc etc. You can't keep everything secret (well maybe at absolute elite levels etc); some of it gets out. The best efforts however are obviously required.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #731 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:23pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 10:14pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 19th, 2024 at 10:09pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me, Bobby you don't want to admit that you're an ignorant stirrer, do you?  Such a silly little man, who didn't read what the major parties published as far as their policies were and yet your still surprised that they dared to carry them out.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Link?

I never read it anywhere.  tsk  tsk  tsk  ...   Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes

Then you're not looking very hard, are you, Bobby. 

Try here: https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_departments/Parliamentary_...

Australian Labor Party – Immigration Policy, 1966

Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ohh come on Brian we've had over 1 million immigrants since the end of Covid and
another half a million on their way this year.

Those figures don't say that.  tsk tsk tsk  ....     Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #732 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:38pm

goosecat wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:29pm:
It's no different to any other reality. Geologists knowing drill sample results before the market, staff knowing political decisions coming up, Crypto Whales pre reading order books (which also happens in traditional markets by the way). Insiders knowing merger and acquisition info etc etc. You can't keep everything secret (well maybe at absolute elite levels etc); some of it gets out. The best efforts however are obviously required.

It's still insider trading or the equivalent of it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #733 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:40pm

Quote:
To be fair I was told back in 2021 a big immigration increase was being planned post Pandemic by economists attached to numerous departments.

oh wow the immigration economists have concluded that this is all good for us. never mind everyone feeling the consequences of it saying otherwise, the experts have weighed in: the big aggregate line has gone up, therefore good. we should all rejoice we're in the stewardship of such brilliant people who have a clearly tenuous grasp of a lot of the basic concepts (and the limitations of those concepts) they apply on a daily basis to govern our lives.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:45pm by JC Denton »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #734 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:45pm

JC Denton wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:40pm:
Quote:

oh wow the immigration economists have concluded that this is all good for us. never mind everyone feeling the consequences of it saying otherwise, the experts have weighed in: the big aggregate line has gone up, therefore good. we should all rejoice we're in the stewardship of such brilliant people.

Mass immigration in Australia.
My opinion/theory.

There is something going on.
I can only speculate that the Banks are fearful about their
over exposure to the property market - which is a Ponzi scheme -
so they need more participants to prop it up.
They have put pressure on the Govt so there
won't be a banking collapse -
that means mass immigration to put pressure on housing
and drive up prices.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 100
Send Topic Print