Classified Documents (Read 1171 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Classified Documents
Reply #30 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:26pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:17pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:18pm:

The FBI wouldn't leave anything to chance, they had to go there.

Miam miam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:03pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:37pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:18pm:

As for you, Bobby, kut the krap with Melania's knickers, this is serious.

Dear Leader's moved on from the FBI. He's now targeting the enemy of the state, Sleepy Joe himself.

If you people can't even regurgitate a simple line, what's the point of having you? Mr Trump's sick of it. People keep coming up to him all the time.

Sir, what is it with these internet bots and stale propaganda? Can't they follow a simple narrative? Why can't they say what they're told?

They're right, Bobby. Mr Trump can't be there to hold your hand while you post, you need to pay attention.

Why didn't they lock Hillary up?

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/press-release-new-hillary-bombshell-22...

Press Release - New Hillary Bombshell:

22 Emails Were 'Too Damaging to
National Security to Ever Be Released'

January 29, 2016

They're so sensitive, the State Department won't release them AT ALL — not even in censored form.

The Obama administration confirmed for the first time Friday that Hillary Clinton's unsecured home server contained closely guarded government secrets, censoring 22 emails with material requiring one of the highest levels of classification. The revelation comes just three days before the Iowa presidential nominating caucuses in which Clinton is a candidate.

Bobby, Secretaries of State send top secret emails all the time. Hillary sent 22, but I'm curious.

Do you think Hillary should be prosecuted for that?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #32 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:59pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:56pm:
Bobby, Secretaries of State send top secret emails all the time. Hillary sent 22, but I'm curious.

She had them in an illegal place - her home computer/ server.     Shocked

They were insecure from hackers.

Lock her up.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 7:59pm:

Lock her up.

Right. So you want to lock up a Secretary of State for sending 22 pieces of classified information through a secured private server.

So I'm curious. What would you do with a prez who kept 11,000 in his unlocked private basement?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:05pm:

Lock her up.

Right. So you want to lock up a Secretary of State for sending 22 pieces of classified information through a secured private server.

So I'm curious. What would you do with a prez who kept 11,000 in his unlocked private basement?

I dunno -
the first thing I'd do is ask why Donald had them?
Did he say?

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:07pm:

Lock her up.

I dunno -
Did he say?

Listen to Booby.

Booby knows lotsa stuff.

Booby is a Climate Change Denier in charge of the Environment forum!

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:11pm

random wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:10pm:

Lock her up.

I dunno -
Did he say?

Listen to Booby.

Booby knows lotsa stuff.

Booby is a Climate Change Denier in charge of the Environment forum!

https://c.tenor.com/xcgAgjj2mbEAAAAC/laugh-laughing.gif

And a gay man who talks about Melania's crusty underwear.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:34pm

Lock her up.

I dunno -
Did he say?

Right, so you're getting to intent.

The FBI didn't prodecute Hillary because they judged her intent clueless. She was just doing what her IT team told her to do. Thus, a prosecution could never be successful.

Dear Leader, on the other hand, had multiple visits by the National Archives Office, was told he was breaking the law, and promised to hand his stolen documents in.

We already have clear evidence that Dear Leader knew he was breaking the law and refused to comply with it. Who says?

Dear Leader's own Attorney General, good old AG Barr. Under which law? Why, the National Security bill Dear Leader signed into effect.

Dear Leader had those records because he took them. He clearly knew better - he approved the law itself. And if he could be in any doubt, National Archives told him, and he said whoops. Sorry. My bad. I promise to hand them over.

So I'm curious. What, exactly, do you want to know?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:36pm

Lock her up.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:34pm:

The FBI didn't prodecute Hillary because they judged her intent clueless. She was just doing what her IT team told her to do. Thus, a prosecution could never be successful.

Dear Leader, on the other hand, had multiple visits by the National Archives Office, was told he was breaking the law, and promised to hand his stolen documents in.

We already have clear evidence that Dear Leader knew he was breaking the law and refused to comply with it. Who says?

Dear Leader's own Attorney General, good old AG Barr. Under which law? Why, the National Security bill Dear Leader signed into effect.

Dear Leader had those records because he took them. He clearly knew better - he approved the law itself. And if he could be in any doubt, National Archives told him, and he said whoops. Sorry. My bad. I promise to hand them over.

You'll have to be patient -
any trial will take time - it could be years.
Wait and see.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #40 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:39pm

Lock her up.

The 2 cases are amazingly dissimilar, Almost the opposite is true when comparing them. All the elements needed for prosecution clearly exist in the Trump case and not the Clinton one.

When Clinton was asked to return the email a good faith effort was made with 30,000 emails being produced. Trump refused to return the docs he physically stole.

No Documents were stolen. Trump physically stole the Documents

Much of the classified documents were not classified at the time. The Documents stolen by Trump had various classifications right to the most secret level.

There was no evidence of intent or obstruction. There is clear evidence of both intent and obstruction by Trump.

Quote:
In our system, the prosecutors make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the FBI has helped collect. Although we don’t normally make public our recommendations to the prosecutors, we frequently make recommendations and engage in productive conversations with prosecutors about what resolution may be appropriate, given the evidence. In this case, given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director...

Quote:
With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received

Quote:
With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:43pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:50pm:

Wait and see.

No, I asked you what you think. Why do you want to lock up a Secretary for 22 docs when the prez has 11,000?

Don't want to say?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:45pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:43pm:

Wait and see.

No, I asked you what you think. Why do you want to lock up a Secretary for 22 docs when the prez has 11,000?

Don't want to say?

Trump declassified those documents.
If he made a mistake he needs to be forgiven - no?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:49pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:39pm:

Lock her up.

The 2 cases are amazingly dissimilar, Almost the opposite is true when comparing them. All the elements needed for prosecution clearly exist in the Trump case and not the Clinton one.

When Clinton was asked to return the email a good faith effort was made with 30,000 emails being produced. Trump refused to return the docs he physically stole.

No Documents were stolen. Trump physically stole the Documents

Much of the classified documents were not classified at the time. The Documents stolen by Trump had various classifications right to the most secret level.

There was no evidence of intent or obstruction. There is clear evidence of both intent and obstruction by Trump.

Quote:
In our system, the prosecutors make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the FBI has helped collect. Although we don’t normally make public our recommendations to the prosecutors, we frequently make recommendations and engage in productive conversations with prosecutors about what resolution may be appropriate, given the evidence. In this case, given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director...

Quote:
With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received

Quote:
With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked

And do you know? AG Barr said just that.

Now, Bobby spent a good year back in 2018 telling us how great AG Barr is - great legal scholar, tough, fair, all that.

And now Bobby wants to wait and see.

Would you like to tickle his tummy? Bobby wants a pat.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:45pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:43pm:

Wait and see.

Don't want to say?

Trump declassified those documents.
If he made a mistake he needs to be forgiven - no?

You dont want to forgive Hillary, dear. Now why is that?

How could Dear Leader make a mistake? He signed the two year sentence into effect.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print