Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More Charges for Steve Bannon (Read 399 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

More Charges for Steve Bannon
Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:10am

Just love this   Smiley

Steve Bannon to be indicted on fresh fraud charges over border wall

"Failed ex-president's strategist to face state charges over fundraising for the wall that likely mirror a federal case in which he was pardoned".

Looks like Steve will end up in prison before Rudy.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: More Charges for Steve Bannon
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:56am

"It's a partisan political move." We here this all the time, when Republicans get in trouble with the law. What game do they think they are in? It is astonishing that anyone bought the The Wall anyway, and the longer it could be spun out, the longer they believed Trump was doing something about illegal aliens crossing the border. The flow could be stopped tomorrow, if they wanted to. The same people who vote for Trump, blue collar workers, are being undercut by Republicans who hire illegals at lower rates.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:05am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 6:10am:
Just love this   Smiley

"Failed ex-president's strategist to face state charges over fundraising for the wall that likely mirror a federal case in which he was pardoned".

So unfair, Greggery. What's wrong with raising funds from ordinary Americans to build a private 3km wall and shovel the money into your Chinese billionaire friend's private yacht? Ordinary Americans get it, Greggery. They know the score.

Besides, Sloppy Steve had his elite political connections secure him a presidential pardon. WITCH HUNT!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 9:40am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:05am:
Just love this   Smiley

So unfair, Greggery. What's wrong with raising funds from ordinary Americans to build a private 3km wall and shovel the money into your Chinese billionaire friend's private yacht? Ordinary Americans get it, Greggery. They know the score.

Besides, Sloppy Steve had his elite political connections secure him a presidential pardon. WITCH HUNT!

Indeed, he did.

But that won't help him now - he's being charged under state law   Smiley

Oops.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:30am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 9:40am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 8:05am:
Just love this   Smiley

Indeed, he did.

But that won't help him now - he's being charged under state law   Smiley

Oops.

Now now, Greggery, they should listen to Mr Trump. Executive privilege, innit.

You watch Sloppy Steve bring it up at the trial. Until then, BUSTED.

He plans to turn himself in on Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/politics/steve-bannon-new-york-surrender-indictme...

He gets sentenced for the other thing next month.

DEEP STATE !
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:41am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:47am

Quote:
I am never going to stop fighting. In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first!

Fighting words, leftards. Two months minimum for the federal contempt charge, maybe a couple of years on the state fraud charge, his good behaviour taken into account.

What's the bet Sloppy's looking for political exile in a safe country as we speak?

But I'm curious. How's he going to get into Russia? The airlines have a ban.

Private yacht, perhaps?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 11:08am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:47am:
Quote:
I am never going to stop fighting. In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first!

Fighting words, leftards. Two months minimum for the federal contempt charge, maybe a couple of years on the state fraud charge, his good behaviour taken into account.

What's the bet Sloppy's looking for political exile in a safe country as we speak?

Private yacht, perhaps?

A beautiful big boat.

The high-profile arrest of former Trump advisor Steve Bannon took place Thursday aboard a superyacht owned by a Chinese entrepreneur wanted in Beijing. The 151-foot Lady May, owned by Guo Wengui, was boarded by the U.S. Coast Guard, special agents from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan and federal postal inspectors around 7 a.m. Thursday morning.

Hours later, Bannon pleaded not guilty to charges that he and others had siphoned millions of dollars from an online fundraising effort called “We Build the Wall,” a private group whose stated goal was to raise money for a U.S. border wall with Mexico. Bannon was accused of taking about $1 million for personal expenses. He was later released on $5 million bail.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 11:50am

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 12:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 11:08am:
Quote:

Private yacht, perhaps?

A beautiful big boat.

The high-profile arrest of former Trump advisor Steve Bannon took place Thursday aboard a superyacht owned by a Chinese entrepreneur wanted in Beijing. The 151-foot Lady May, owned by Guo Wengui, was boarded by the U.S. Coast Guard, special agents from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan and federal postal inspectors around 7 a.m. Thursday morning.

Hours later, Bannon pleaded not guilty to charges that he and others had siphoned millions of dollars from an online fundraising effort called “We Build the Wall,” a private group whose stated goal was to raise money for a U.S. border wall with Mexico. Bannon was accused of taking about $1 million for personal expenses. He was later released on $5 million bail.

Oh, dear. Chi-na, no less. One wonders whether he was slipping a few contracts Mr Trump's way. Not a bad way to get back into Mr Trump's good books, no?

Here you go, sir - a big steel manufacturing outfit in Guangzhou, good for a nice drink. Business has never been better since you started that trade war. They're picking up work from all those US shut-downs, it's money for jam.

Yeah? I know Ivanka's looking for a new handbag manufacturer. You know anyone?

Sure, we've got a supplier in Beijing. We will make America great again, no? The American dream is DEAD...

Nice one, Sloppy. Lock her in.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 5:15pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 12:53pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 8th, 2022 at 11:08am:
Quote:

Private yacht, perhaps?

A beautiful big boat.

Oh, dear. Chi-na, no less. One wonders whether he was slipping a few contracts Mr Trump's way. Not a bad way to get back into Mr Trump's good books, no?

Here you go, sir - a big steel manufacturing outfit in Guangzhou, good for a nice drink. Business has never been better since you started that trade war. They're picking up work from all those US shut-downs, it's money for jam.

Yeah? I know Ivanka's looking for a new handbag manufacturer. You know anyone?

"A review of the records that are available about Ivanka Trump’s supply chain found two potential red flags. In one case, a province in eastern China announced the award of export subsidies to a company that shipped thousands of Ivanka Trump handbags between March 2016 and February of this year, Chinese public records show — a possible violation by China of global fair trade rules, trade experts said."

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2022 at 12:15am

Steve Bannon surrendered to authorities today. Of course, he says it is "political prosecution." That is what Trump's minions say about anything they do when it is called into question.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2022 at 12:23pm

One down, one to go

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2022 at 1:45pm

Marla wrote on Sep 10th, 2022 at 12:23pm:
One down, one to go

Dragged off in handcuffs   Smiley

Love it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2022 at 4:48pm

Mr Trump hardly knew the man, Greggery. Just another disgruntled former employee, no?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2022 at 11:05pm

Quote:
More Charges for Steve Bannon

They have charged Steve B for stealing a $ Million from Trump supporters to not build a wall. So far they have done nothing about Trump stealing $250 Million from Trump supporters to not stop the steal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print