Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Do you want royalty banished from our political system?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  15 (48.4%)
No    
  16 (51.6%)

Total votes: 31
« Created by: Bobby. on: Sep 11th, 2022 at 5:03pm »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print
Time for a republic. (Read 7808 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Time for a republic.
Reply #375 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:07pm

We want the President where the people have their hand on his balls or her ovaries, and can dictate what is actually wanted, as opposed to simply replacing the current status quo convict colony derived elitocracy we've suffered in this nation since Civilisation Day (not that it was any better under the Keffir Rule Of The Fist pre-1788, which persists to this day with the 'Silverbacks' calling the shots in communities - the Aboriginal women agree with me on that one, too, so stuff yez), which, despite its protestations of being 'egalitarian' and so forth, has never been anything more than blatant bullying and exploitation of the 'lesser classes' here.

If Australia is to move forward again after the setbacks of the Feminist Neo-Communist Revolution and its fatherless children, it must regain its impetus towards genuine meritocracy, and dump the politics of division and identity and the concurrent policies of exclusion to suit whinging minorities.

Let Right be done, though the heavens fall!

"Members of the House... the esteemed Minister for Disability has stuffed up - again..... with her travel rorting .... the disabled community are calling for her dismissal.... how say ye?"
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:13pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #376 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:09pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 17th, 2022 at 11:18am:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 17th, 2022 at 9:35am:
With a bit more than 1 day to go -

the poll is in favor of royalty being banished from our political system.

No it isn't.

OK the poll is closed  -

it's 16 to 15 in favor of royalty.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #377 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:10pm

chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:29pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 12:11pm:

'The Royal Navy is pushing hard to integrate its carriers with their U.S. republicans. “As she has demonstrated already, we can successfully field a combined U.S., U.K. carrier strike group,” said Admiral Tony Radakin, Chief of Naval Staff, during HMS Queen Elizabeth’s visit to the U.S. East Coast this month. “I look forward to this developing further, moving to the point where we are not only talking about interoperability, but we are looking for interchangeability. ”

We live in interesting times.... times in which many of the foolish ideologies we currently suffer will be blown away - a civilisation gone with the wind, though already gone with the mind.......

When the trump of war sounds, gird up the loins... give to the eye a fearful aspect... and upon this charge, cry God For Harry!   Australia and St Grappler!!!   Wink

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #378 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:12pm

chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:27pm:
No

In the interests of justice, harmony and the Olympic spirit, all candidates for Minister could do the GG stuff and then visit Malcolm Turnbull for the the other 50% of the oath.

We want the Ministers who are directly responsibility to their constituents and who can be removed by those constituents for misconduct and malpractice... elected office and then appointed Ministerial office should never be above scrutiny and sanction where needed......

We want our Ministers direct elect...... not the party turkeys they fit into a nice little extra earner....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #379 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:17pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:08pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 17th, 2022 at 9:35am:
With a bit more than 1 day to go -

the poll is in favor of royalty being banished from our political system.

Sorry Bobby but it not only does not say that but it is so close that it has no chance, the result needs to be about 70% to 30% in favour of a republic for it to happen in reality and the numbers are no where near that mark, it actually looks less popular now than it did in the 1990's.

As I sad before nobody in all these posts on any topic has made even a poor attempt at making a case for the change, nothin nada. Well except for the Monty Python argument which fir obvious reasons is somewhat dubious in merit.

This is the justification needed to go to step one has been completely missing from the discussion.

I made many good points that were just ignored.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #380 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:20pm

In the interests of a bit of rationality being introduced what I propose is our own downunder Royality.   It answers the needs of Monarchists and Republicans.   

The Queen/King must become an Australian citizen.  The Swedes did something similar when their royal house died out and they invited Napoleon to provide one of his marshals to rule the country in 1818 CE.  Field Marshall Bernadotte took up the throne.  Therefore Australia would be in it's rights to invite a member of the Windsors (nee Saxe-Coburgs) to take up the throne of Australia.  Personally, I'd plumb for Anne, the Princess-Royale to take the title or one of her descendants.   With Anne we would be guaranteed a relatively shortish span before one of her kids inherits the throne.   She could take up residence at Yarralumla, replacing the Governor-General as Head of State.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #381 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:20pm:
In the interests of a bit of rationality being introduced what I propose is our own downunder Royality.   It answers the needs of Monarchists and Republicans.   

The Queen/King must become an Australian citizen.  The Swedes did something similar when their royal house died out and they invited Napoleon to provide one of his marshals to rule the country in 1818 CE.  Field Marshall Bernadotte took up the throne.  Therefore Australia would be in it's rights to invite a member of the Windsors (nee Saxe-Coburgs) to take up the throne of Australia.  Personally, I'd plumb for Anne, the Princess-Royale to take the title or one of her descendants.   With Anne we would be guaranteed a relatively shortish span before one of her kids inherits the throne.   She could take up residence at Yarralumla, replacing the Governor-General as Head of State.

Princess Anne?

The Princess Royal did not serve in the military herself,
but like many royals she holds a number of military honours and titles
and wears a military uniform when she wants to look important.

https://inews.co.uk/news/princess-anne-was-military-royal-uniform-why-service-ex...

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #382 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:43pm

chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 5:27pm:
No

In the interests of justice, harmony and the Olympic spirit, all candidates for Minister could do the GG stuff and then visit Malcolm Turnbull for the the other 50% of the oath.

Quote:
Malcolm Turnbull for the the other 50% of the oaf.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #383 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:45pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:20pm:

Princess Anne?

The Princess Royal did not serve in the military herself,
but like many royals she holds a number of military honours and titles
and wears a military uniform when she wants to look important.

https://inews.co.uk/news/princess-anne-was-military-royal-uniform-why-service-ex...

[url]https://wp.inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/SEI_125096901-e1663
065414845.jpg[/url]

Hey Bobby are you making a point here ? I don't get it. Yes Ann was not in the armed forces she does have an honorary title ?

So What ?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #384 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:17pm:

The Lady of the Lake has been evicted from Lake Burley Griffin and the swamp drained. Some rusty swords were checked by the bomb squad. Scotland Yard is combing the palace for Charles' sword and Camelot will be bulldozed.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #385 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:51pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:45pm:
Hey Bobby are you making a point here ? I don't get it. Yes Ann was not in the armed forces she does have an honorary title ?

So What ?

When the royals don't have any qualifications they award them to themselves.
They then put the uniform on and walk around looking important.
Are you approving such deception?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #386 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:53pm

chimera wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:51pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:17pm:

The Lady of the Lake has been evicted from Lake Burley Griffin and the swamp drained. Some rusty swords were checked by the bomb squad. Scotland Yard is combing the palace for Charles' sword and Camelot will be bulldozed.

Supreme executive power derives from
a mandate from the masses
not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #387 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 6:51pm:

So What ?

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth did actual duty in the army. has 2 medals 1 for wartime service.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #388 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:23pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:10pm:

So What ?

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth did actual duty in the army. has 2 medals 1 for wartime service.

Let’s not over egg it. She was 18 in 1944 and drove army vehicles around English country towns. Yes she began training as a mechanic, but didn’t storm the beaches of Normandy nor ever leave Britain.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #389 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 18th, 2022 at 7:10pm:

So What ?

She was the real deal - that's why she was so popular -
I can't say the same about her kids.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print