Send Topic Print
Mehreen Faruqi (Read 1618 times)
chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: Mehreen Faruqi
Reply #15 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:48pm

A little piece of evidence would be nice.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:49pm

chimera wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:48pm:

I provided a link LOL

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:49pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:49pm:

I provided a link LOL

Paywalled, as you well know, wazzock.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:52pm

Frank wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:49pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:49pm:

I provided a link LOL

Paywalled, as you well know, wazzock.

Really? I don't pay for media and I just read it LOL

So the short version, many nations sought to break free from the empire under her rule and were opposed.  Many people died

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #19 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:54pm

No the link doesn't say what you are claiming.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:59pm

chimera wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:54pm:
No the link doesn't say what you are claiming.

I basically just quoted the link LOL.  It's easy to find info though

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #21 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:01pm

Yes please Mr Poster.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:02pm

chimera wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:01pm:
Yes please Mr Poster.

Google broken where you live?

I can still read that link.  Here is some of it:

Yet, even then, Britain under Elizabeth did not just let its prized colonies go. From 1952 to 1963, British forces crushed the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya, forcing between 160,000 and 320,000 Kenyans into concentration camps. Kenyan tribes are suing the British government at the European Court of Human Rights for land theft and torture.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:04pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:41pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:39pm:
Has Faruqi forgotten Islam’s colonising history?
Xin Du

These messages only succeeded in showing that the Greens Party is led by people who lack basic human sympathy while understanding apparently very little of history.

Bandt, of English and German descent, should perhaps reflect on how the small island of the UK, headed by Sir Winston Churchill and the Queen’s father, George VI, essentially stood alone for two years against one of the vilest, most openly racist, and genocidal regimes that was Nazi Germany, ultimately ensuring its demise. It was in large part due to the good relations that the UK had with its existent or former colonies, such as America, Canada, India, Australia, and New Zealand, that it was able to rally a coalition of volunteer forces to defeat the Axis powers.

The Axis also included the equally racist and bloodthirsty (because – gasp! – people other than ‘whites’ can be racists) Japanese Imperial Forces, which had killed, maimed, brutalised, and raped uncountable millions of civilians across China, Korea, and Southeast Asia. The British lost tens of thousands of troops fighting the Japanese in Asia. The Fourteenth Army, the British and Commonwealth’s main fighting force in the region, was perhaps the most diverse in history, with some 40 languages being spoken by its soldiers.

Faruqi, who emigrated from Pakistan and who is a Muslim, should perhaps remember that Islam only entered what is now Pakistan through the conquest and subjugation of the Sindh Kingdom in the eighth century C.E., led by Muhammad ibn Qasim.

She might also remember the almost 800-year period of the al-Andalus when the Berber commander Tariq ibn Ziyad subjugated the indigenous Visigoth Kingdom and the Muslims ruled most of the Iberian Peninsula as an imperialist power. Or the Ottoman Empire, one of the largest expansionist empires in history.

The 600-year-long Sunni Muslim Empire conquered large swathes of North Africa, including Egypt, as well as European territories that included Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania, and had reached the gates of Vienna before being repelled by a coalition of European forces in 1683. Greece only regained independence in 1829. Other European territories were lost by the Ottoman Empire during the Balkan Wars, as recently as 1913.

So, when Faruqi spouts cheap, prefabricated insults like ‘racist empire built on stolen lives, land and wealth of colonised peoples’, while she might not feel a fool, she certainly looks like one.

Anyone who knows anything about Elizabeth II should have an inkling that one of her major achievements was to have accelerated the decolonisation process, overseeing the transition to independence of over 20 countries. While colonialism has been tried by almost every notable civilisation, from Portugal to Turkey to Japan, it must be noted that the decolonialisation of the British Empire is unique for its comparative peacefulness. It is not an accident that the Commonwealth of Nations remains a thriving entity.

I love brain dead boomers suggesting Islam did more colonising than Christians.  Mehreen was not criticising Christians, but the woman who was made rich by the biggest empire ever on earth.  I understand you are brain dead, but, she didn't accelerate decolonisation.  She merely tried to stop it, and lost

The commonwealth is a joke now, nothing that means a thing.  It's a bunch of tiny nations playing sport.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/10/britain-colonial-brutalities-...

Soooo.... Islamic empires were therefore not ‘racist empires built on stolen lives, land and wealth of colonised peoples', as she says?

Tell us about the decolonization process by the various Islamic Empires, African, pre-Colombian, Asian empires.

Faruqi migrated to a Britannic country, away from glorious Pakistan. What attracted her to Australia if she really thinks it is a part of a ‘racist empire built on stolen lives, land and wealth of colonised peoples'? Why is she helping herself to all that "stolen wealth" when she could have enjoyed stolen wealth in Pakistani India, land conquered by Islam in the bloodiest manner in history.

Morality, honesty, and self-restraint in both personal and public life. The Queen, unlike Faruqi,  ived up to those virtues.  Her last 18 months must have been very difficult. She lost her husband of more than seven decades only last year; she had to deal with the public disgrace of the credible accusations of sexual assault pointed at her son Andrew; she had Covid earlier in the year; and she had to endure the relentless and vague mud-flinging from Meghan Markle and her grandson Harry. Yet, throughout these trying times, she always carried out her duties immaculately, without a moment of self-pity.
https://spectator.com.au/2022/09/has-faruqi-forgotten-islams-colonising-history/

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:04pm

In her last days she reminded me of Tennyson’s Ulysses, which ends stirringly:

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Despite those who try to use her death to divide, the passing of the woman whose understated merits has only coalesced peoples around the world, across class, across race, and across creed.  If only some of our modern-day politicians had an iota of the grace, wisdom, stoicism, and self-restraint of Queen Elizabeth II. May she rest in peace.
Ibid.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #25 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:06pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:02pm:
From 1952 to 1963, British forces crushed the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya,

You just said she tried to stop it and lost. She was a constitutional monarch.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:07pm

Yes please Mr Poster.

Yet, even then, Britain under Elizabeth did not just let its prized colonies go. From 1952 to 1963, British forces crushed the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya, forcing between 160,000 and 320,000 Kenyans into concentration camps. Kenyan tribes are suing the British government at the European Court of Human Rights for land theft and torture.

But Britain civilised Ireland and many other wild countries. That must count on the achievement side of the ledger, surely.....  Grin Grin

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:09pm

Frank wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:07pm:
Yes please Mr Poster.

But Britain civilised Ireland and many other wild countries. That must count on the achievement side of the ledger, surely.....  Grin Grin

Exactly, you are an idiot

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #28 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:12pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:45pm:
She tried to hold on to colonies,  She did not seek 'peaceful transition'.  All her wealth was stolen from those colonies in either case

Evidence please

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:12pm

chimera wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:12pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:45pm:
She tried to hold on to colonies,  She did not seek 'peaceful transition'.  All her wealth was stolen from those colonies in either case

Evidence please

Just go away if you want to live in a dream LOL

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print