Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mutilating Children…For Profit (Read 530 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Mutilating Children…For Profit
Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 4:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 4:11pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 11:08am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 9:58am:
Nietzsche blamed the Joos.

No, he didn't. That was his sister, Elizabeth who had control of Friedrich's work, after he descended into madness and after his death, along with her husband Bernhard Förster who repurposed it for antisemitic propaganda.

Come come. Nietzsche's entire argument is about the influence of the Old Testament on Western thought. It's not just a few words here and there, dear.

You mean the Christian New Testament.

The Old Testament is severe - not about love, forgiveness or forbearance.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 4:50pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 4:18pm:

No, he didn't. That was his sister, Elizabeth who had control of Friedrich's work, after he descended into madness and after his death, along with her husband Bernhard Förster who repurposed it for antisemitic propaganda.

Come come. Nietzsche's entire argument is about the influence of the Old Testament on Western thought. It's not just a few words here and there, dear.

No, dear, I mean the Joos. Read your Geneology of Morals. You need to study him.

5 years is the minimum.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 4:50pm:

No, dear, I mean the Joos. Read your Geneology of Morals. You need to study him.

5 years is the minimum.

You mentioned the Old Testament. I think Nietzsche liked 2nd Temple Jews and before. Tough bastards. Took on the Romans a few times.

Christianity, now that's one religion that really pussified the mind, for a Nietzschean.

The Old Testament – well, that is something quite different: every respect for the Old Testament! I find in it great men, heroic landscape and something of utmost rarity on earth, the incomparable naďvety of the strong heart; even more, I find a people.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:11pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:02pm:

5 years is the minimum.

You mentioned the Old Testament. I think Nietzsche liked 2nd Temple Jews and before. Tough bastards. Took on the Romans a few times.

Christianity, now that's one religion that really pussified the mind, for a Nietzschean.

The Old Testament – well, that is something quite different: every respect for the Old Testament! I find in it great men, heroic landscape and something of utmost rarity on earth, the incomparable naďvety of the strong heart; even more, I find a people.

In contrast, in the New Testament I find nothing but petty sectarian groupings, nothing but rococo of the soul, nothing but arabesques, crannies and oddities, nothing but the air of the conventicle, not to forget the occasional breath of bucolic sugariness which belongs to the epoch (and to the Roman province) and is neither Jewish nor Hellenistic.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:24pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:11pm:

5 years is the minimum.

In contrast, in the New Testament I find nothing but petty sectarian groupings, nothing but rococo of the soul, nothing but arabesques, crannies and oddities, nothing but the air of the conventicle, not to forget the occasional breath of bucolic sugariness which belongs to the epoch (and to the Roman province) and is neither Jewish nor Hellenistic.

It's a bit hard to see the Torah as anything other than the book of the Joos, Meister.

But that's just me.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:39pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:24pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:11pm:

5 years is the minimum.

It's a bit hard to see the Torah as anything other than the book of the Joos, Meister.

But that's just me.

Yes, well. Seems like Nietzsche found a lot of Nietzschean value in the Old Testament (Torah)!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 6:01pm

wombatwoody wrote on Oct 11th, 2022 at 9:51pm:
Marla wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:38am:
Matt Walsh is a right-wing disinformationist asshole.

Your trolling so sucks 

What part of,

Videos obtained by Walsh also show apparent threats made against VUMC medical professionals who objected to the procedures, even for religious reasons.

do you not understand?

What part of "apparent" do you not understand?

"seeming real or true, but not necessarily so."

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 13th, 2022 at 5:46pm

Ironic that there are laws and strong community proscriptions against cruelty to animals.

But child mutilation? Not even with the mounting evidence of irreparable damage done to children is it enough to sway the enablers of this kind of child abuse.

But proscription will come, in the form of massive reparations and criminal liability.

And when they come, many will need to search their souls for why they allowed this 40s-style butchery to occur, or enabled it, or supported it, or where they were and what they were doing and thinking when it did.

Will it be a case of 'We didn't know it was really happening, nor in our name'?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print