No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36229 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1080 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:34am

Flip sigh

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1081 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:35am

Ridiculous flipping going on today

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1082 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:39am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:34am:
Bloody flipping Hell!

The Australian has a paywall.
If you can see it then please copy and paste
some of the article here.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1083 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 8:18am

I was also right about that idiot of a DPP Drumgold. HE stuffed this whole thing up from the get go! There was never and still isn't any reasonable prospect of a conviction despite the BS this inept DPP is STILL peddling.

A legal analyst has alarmingly and quite rightly stated this morning :

"The DPP noted in the brief press conference of a belief there was a reasonable chance of a conviction but had to weight up the effects on Ms Higgins.

"If that’s the case, what are we doing having a fellow walking around the streets with the ACT justice system INCAPABLE of bringing him to trial?"

Can anyone else see what that inept DPP Drumgold has effectively done here? Drumgold is saying that alleged criminals should be allowed back out onto the streets if the current victim is having a hard time with the legal process.

My response to him? No that's just back peddling BS! You started this BS from the get go when you saw fit to determine that there was a reasonable prospect of a conviction and you are STILL saying it. Even now. IF that's the case then get on with it you blooming fool and get that rapist (well YOU reckon he still is anyway) off our streets and put him straight into jail! A criminal can't be let off the hook because a victim in court is finding it tough going. That's not how our legal system works pal!

Meantime for those who might not yet know .... the DPP is a Mt Druitt westie LEFT WINGER who was born n bred in Housing and as many have suggested (elsewhere) all along ... started this ridiculous process because it was only ever about the publicity value in USING 2 LIBERAL PARTY employees. Their lives were subsequently and ridiculously dissected and are now totally ruined. But that's ok ... the entertainment value they provided was all that mattered.

Oh and 1 last thing : Brittany's partner at the time of the alleged rape subsequently dumped her. Her new partner is the spitting image of bloody Lehman! Make of that what you will!

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2022 at 8:26am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1084 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 8:18am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Drumgold

Oh look! Drumgold edited his Wiki page 12 hrs ago!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1085 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 8:23am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:39am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:34am:
Bloody flipping Hell!

The Australian has a paywall.
If you can see it then please copy and paste
some of the article here.

And here is the latest :

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/former-political-staffer-bruce-lehrmann-...

Former political staffer Bruce Lehrmann considering legal action after Brittany Higgins rape charge dropped and retrial cancelled.

The man accused of raping former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins at Parliament House is contemplating civil action after the charges were dropped on Friday due to concerns over her mental health.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1086 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 8:52am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:30am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:22pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 12:52pm:
You can stop strutting around the place Lisa Jones.  The decision not to proceed has SFA to do with any lack of evidence or commitment of the Prosecutor.

He simply was not willing to risk the life of Higgins in pursuing Lehrmann.  She is in Hospital as I type as a result of all this, and he was just not willing to put her life in any further jeopardy, to the extent that he could mitigate that existential and real potential.

What would you do if you were a Prosecutor?  Run a Trial and see the alleged victim perish as a result?

If I was Lehrmann, I'd buy lottery tickets every day of my existence for as long as that is.

1. You should read my posts more carefully Aussie. You conveniently skim past the key bits which don't make you look good and I'm sick of it!

2. The DPP stuffed up from the get go. HE ( and those pathetic wanna be publicity hangers on) are to blame for where Brittany is at today! The DPP SHOULD have been able to foresee the circus in its initial assessment but it didn't. Why? They USED Brittany as an opportunity for themselves!

3. Which brings me to you Aussie. The fact that you yourself couldn't see where this trial was going from day 1 proved to me immediately something about you: you have no idea about women AND court.

4. Stop assuming (and you bloody well are doing this on a veiled basis too) that I'm some Bruce supporter! I'm tired of saying I'm not!

5. I know I disagree with you a lot (and that can get annoying for you) but sometimes Aussie even you (a lawyer who is old enough to be my dad's age) needs to be ready to eat humble pie.

Oh look Aussie!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/former-political-staffer-bruce-lehrmann-...

Paywalled.

However, like I said, I hope he does sue, but I know he won't ever let it get to Trial.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1087 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 9:07am

Here you go, Aussie (and everyone else who wants to read it).

Using NoScript in Firefox 'bypasses' the paywall for this particular article.

Doesn't show images and I've had to screenshot it in 3 parts and join them but it should be readable (had to make it small enough to stay within the 250 KB attachment size limit).

australian.jpg (204 KB | 8 )
australian.jpg

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1088 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 10:01am

It was always going to be a difficult case with no other witnesses and no physical evidence.  That it was also highly politicised did nothing to help and high profile media personalities sticking their noses into it was a disaster.

The jury was heading towards a hung decision even without one juror going off-piste.

The prosecution legal team were also sub-par.

A complete disaster all round.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1089 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 10:51am

Now that Bruce is off the hook and brittany is pulling a sickie who will Bruce sue first, Brittany, Lisa, the DPP wanker, channel 7,9,10,2, various politicians, all the news papers, the pirate!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1090 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 10:56am

Carl D wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 9:07am:
Here you go, Aussie (and everyone else who wants to read it).

Using NoScript in Firefox 'bypasses' the paywall for this particular article.

Doesn't show images and I've had to screenshot it in 3 parts and join them but it should be readable (had to make it small enough to stay within the 250 KB attachment size limit).

Garbage!

"It is understood .... is considering......"

Typical media crap speculative kite flying.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1091 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:00am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:56am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 2nd, 2022 at 9:31pm:
I hope the prosecutor asked her if she wanted the case dropped before announcing it.

It's not her decision.  It's up to the DPP.

If the DPP is citing concern for her as the reason for not pursuing than it is should be up to her.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1092 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13am

Hidden in there is an attack on the right to confront one's accuser..... and to have that evidence given viewed direct along with the demeanour of the accuser... and cross-examined.

Cult Of the Victim .... running the ever more serious danger of creating a new class of victims......... those condemned by the cold hard written word without any chance of cross-examination....

Bring On The Rubber Stamps!!

Your turn, Aussie - tell us the cross-examination took place in the first trial and so the defendant holds no such right now.... pig's arse - this is a NEW trial....

I get it - you were the clerk of the court and actually believed some of those police briefs that came across your desk...... despite endless royal commissions and books on innocents fitted up etc.... my cousin's husband was one such until he was promoted... in discussion he actually believed some of the most outrageous accusations and stories put forward by police to get convictions... saw some shocking things pass over his desk - but were they all truth?   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1093 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:25am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13am:
Hidden in there is an attack on the right to confront one's accuser..

she wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1094 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:52am

Front and centre Drumgold, declare your political interests.

"On Saturday morning, News Corp used internal police notes and briefing documents to report that investigators held doubts about Higgins’ credibility, but that the DPP pressed ahead with the prosecution of Bruce Lehrmann.".

Exactly what was this compelling evidence Drumgold had.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/greatly-concerned-prosecutor-warns-of-p...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 101
Send Topic Print