No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36200 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1110 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 5:50pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 5:15pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 2:49pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 2:16pm:
Will she be well enough for the book tour?

I doubt it, the MSM have probably read the article you just put up and are ducking for cover, they seemed to have dropped poor Brittany since Drumgold with the big Abbo tie around his neck (i think i know where on the political spectrum he sits) did a backflip.

Wait for the next election and such..... will she be up there as the fronts-person for all those victims that Yates hides behind her skirts?

Cult Of The Victim.... we needed to stop these feminists decades ago and set them on the right path in life.... they are trying to unravel the legal system with its already flimsy enough protections here in convict colony birthed Australia.

I Told You So!!!!

It looks like Brittany has dug herself a very deep hole here.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1111 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 6:24pm

She is our own Jussie Smollett without the perjury.

Police recovered a text ­exchange between Ms Higgins and former boyfriend Ben ­Dillaway dated February 7, 2019, six weeks before the alleged rape, in which the pair joked about wanting a political sex scandal.

“The bar for what counts as a political sex scandal nowadays is REALLY low,” Ms Higgins wrote.  “I want a sex scandal I can be like whoa. Impressive. Didn’t think he had it in him,” Mr Dillaway wrote.  “Exactly! A sex scandal the party can be proud of. Another Barnaby but without the baby haha,” Ms Higgins responded.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1112 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 6:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:04pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:25am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13am:
Hidden in there is an attack on the right to confront one's accuser..

she wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies

He didn't 'run away - he relied on his RIGHT to not have to speak to oppose what was essentially a non-case.

That is all....

The attack I cited was by that stupid sheila victims commissioner -another fu
c
king Job For the Girls with a clear intent and even mandate to pursue 'protection' for one social group over another...... Hutu/Tutsi In Australia.

He ran away

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1113 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:48pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 6:25pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 12:04pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:13am:
Hidden in there is an attack on the right to confront one's accuser..

she wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies

He didn't 'run away - he relied on his RIGHT to not have to speak to oppose what was essentially a non-case.

That is all....

The attack I cited was by that stupid sheila victims commissioner -another fu
c
king Job For the Girls with a clear intent and even mandate to pursue 'protection' for one social group over another...... Hutu/Tutsi In Australia.

He ran away

Yes he did.  He was entitled to as Grappler says...but...he still ran away.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1114 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 9:11pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 7:48pm:
Yes he did.  He was entitled to as Grappler says...but...he still ran away.

Against my better judgement, and at the risk of losing my impartiality - I agree with that!  He should have had the balls to stand up and be counted...... not that I'm saying it was a done deal etc in favour of Young Brittany... but ....

Better placed persons than I have said there was too much contradiction etc in this case from the get-go .... on both sides of it.

Anyway - if he was sacked for a security breach - I don't like his chances there of a settlement for wrongful dismissal... though I've been over that.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1115 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 9:14pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 5:50pm:

I doubt it, the MSM have probably read the article you just put up and are ducking for cover, they seemed to have dropped poor Brittany since Drumgold with the big Abbo tie around his neck (i think i know where on the political spectrum he sits) did a backflip.

Wait for the next election and such..... will she be up there as the fronts-person for all those victims that Yates hides behind her skirts?

Cult Of The Victim.... we needed to stop these feminists decades ago and set them on the right path in life.... they are trying to unravel the legal system with its already flimsy enough protections here in convict colony birthed Australia.

I Told You So!!!!

It looks like Brittany has dug herself a very deep hole here.

The question is - did Bruce???  Huh

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1116 - Dec 3rd, 2022 at 9:15pm

I Told You So!!!!

Brittany has  some issues to work through but she is still hot, no panties hubba hubba.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #1117 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:41am

...She wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies.

LOL... it's obvious you know very little of the judicial process.

Lehrmann did not "run away" as you put it.  He chose his legal
right to not be cross examined.     As the plaintiff Higgins was
legally bound to be cross examined by the defendant's counsel.
If a plaintiff doesn't show up in court, and the defendant asks the
court, then it may dismiss the case without prejudice.

That Lehrmann's defence decided it was best for him to face his
trial in absentia, it was always a risky move, but as it turned out
by a quirk of fate, it was the best one.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1118 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 3:52am

Drumgold should get done for perverting the course of justice, who the fkk does he think he is, Lisa and Brittany clearly broke the law by way of contempt of court, the public purse is not for him to play with, lock the three of them up and see how they get on in the big house.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1119 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 5:54am

The tragic thing is, all you on this thread (except Aussie and a rare few others) are doing to Ms. Higgins precisely what you are claiming is being done to her alleged rapist.

Ans you can't see it. You can't see it at all.

Tha language i've read on this thread to describe women .... the comments about Ms. Higgins which are misogynistic in the extreme ... the constant assertions that she is lying.

I mean seriously, bugger you.

You're everything you're condemning. Hypocrites.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1120 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:32am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:41am:
...She wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies.

LOL... it's obvious you know very little of the judicial process.

Lehrmann did not "run away" as you put it.  He chose his legal
right to not be cross examined.     As the plaintiff Higgins was
legally bound to be cross examined by the defendant's counsel.
If a plaintiff doesn't show up in court, and the defendant asks the
court, then it may dismiss the case without prejudice.

That Lehrmann's defence decided it was best for him to face his
trial in absentia, it was always a risky move, but as it turned out
by a quirk of fate, it was the best one.

It is you who is struggling to understand.  No one ever said his running away wasn’t legal or his legal right. Irrespective of all that,  he ran away .........like the bitch he is

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1121 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:36am

Johnnie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 3:52am:
Drumgold should get done for perverting the course of justice, who the fkk does he think he is, Lisa and Brittany clearly broke the law by way of contempt of court, the public purse is not for him to play with, lock the three of them up and see how they get on in the big house.

My God .... even this morning that pathetic DPP is getting hammered all over Facebook for causing this fiasco.

The lives of these former work colleagues have been left totally damaged and the freaking incompetent fool of a DPP is STILL sitting back effectively saying this : It's in the public interest to stop these proceedings and let an alleged rapist (who he still thinks would get convicted and jailed for 12 years) BACK into the community!

Drumgold needs to be shafted ASAP for being so inept and incompetent. What he's saying is totally illogical and unacceptable.

Nothing has been resolved after untold millions of tax payer money (during a freaking recession mind you) were thrown into proceedings which should have been assessed properly from the get go! Nothing but even MORE loss and damage has resulted! Good work DUMBgold!

« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:44am by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1122 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:38am

Higgins was severely ill-advised by media personalities throughout this whole sorry saga.

Thinking the media was her friend, she took the bait hook, line and sinker.

She even illegally recorded her discussions with Federal ministers about the matter. Who advised her that would be a good idea, I wonder.

Her motivation for justice ultimately turned out to be tainted by acts of revenge - something that works in the court of public opinion but is, let's say, frowned upon in a court of law.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1123 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 3:13pm:

I've tried ever so hard to support this woman but I just could not do so. It's weighed heavily on my conscience given I myself was attacked as a young woman (well I was younger than Brittany in that I was 21 years old) but I was attacked during a work function at a point in time where my much older manager and I were alone.

Unlike Brittany even as a 21 yr old I had enough sense to know that I should stop at 1 drink AND unlike Brittany I always wore undergarments when at work (undies, a bra and shape wear corsets to hide undie lines etc). And so when I was attacked I was able to get away and run. Why? I wasn't drunk at all so I was in full control whereas my manager was intoxicated AND the undergarments I had on meant I had time on my side to help me get away. The clothes I wore that night were never worn by me ever again and I could not return to work under that manager ever again. I could not bear the sight of him as it traumatised me. In fact any guy who remotely looked like him frightened me. The visual prompt of his face or a garment worn by me during the attack was all it took to rattle me. Oh and there was the issue of the smell of his type of deodorant. Brut 33. That fragrance sends me back in time to the time and space of the attack. Note : I was not raped. But I was sexually assaulted.

Meantime Bare Bottomed Brittany who allegedly suffered rape whilst intoxicated (remember CCTV footage showed she had some 12 drinks <-- mind you that amount of alcohol is quite telling given she could still stand up and walk around) not only kept the dress she wore but she kept wearing it (she was caught out in a lie over this by her own online social media pages) AND she kept initiating phone contact with her alleged rapist AND also hid HER texts to him.

And then there's this : Her partner at that time dumped her. Not to worry because she's now with a guy who is the spitting image of her alleged rapist.

The sudden attention, the massive amounts in potential book deals along with the media sensationalism and the possibility of her making lots of $$$ in appearances etc masked the ugly reality that her life and privacy was about to be attacked and raped by every possible pariah in the industry. And I bet the reason why Bare Bottomed Brittany is currently in hospital is because of this : the penny has dropped and she's in shock because now she truly does feel that she's been raped..both emotionally and psychologically.

And right now I place the blame at the feet of that pathetic weasel DPP because he strung her along from the get go and created the conditions for the cringeworthy circus we've seen.

The fact that the DPP is STILL saying the case which he's dropped STILL has good prospects of securing a conviction means this : HE is essentially saying that if the court process is too much for 1 victim then the alleged criminal is free to walk the streets and thus free to harm others.

And that my dear friends is why the DPP has contributed nothing to this case but pure unadulterated bovine faecal matter. 

Edit : This morning said DPP saw fit to alter his Wiki page too. In effect he sanitised it. He's totally and utterly devastated 2 Liberal Party colleagues. And after lying about the GOOD prospects of a criminal conviction ALL throughout this case (including yesterday even) his "job" is done ✅

So yeah ...right now we're left not knowing if a rapist is still walking amongst us because the DPP has said Brittany isn't coping too well with the court process. And get this ...the D bloody PP ALSO sensationally stated this (and I STILL can't believe he even said this) ... the matter is NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST!

BS it isn't! What woman in the community wants a rapist alleged or otherwise let loose you moron esp if there's still a good prospect of a criminal conviction??? 😐

Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1124 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:54am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am:
Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

The DPP was right to end this sad fiasco.

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 101
Send Topic Print