No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36167 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1125 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:54am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am:
Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

The DPP was right to end this sad fiasco.

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

When did she lie?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1126 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:05am

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

The Dhead PP DUMBgold was wrong to ever START this sad fiasco is my point and has always been my point.

DUMBGOLD got it wrong from the get go. That's why he's now dribbling illogical BS about the public interest. I'm trying to work out why Aussie isn't saying ANYTHING about this. Even legal experts are gobsmacked!

Australia has effectively been told by DUMBGOLD that there's an alleged rapist out in the community with good prospects of being convicted and jailed BUT our legal system can't/won't touch him. What tripe! DUMBGOLD needs to go!

« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:33am by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1127 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:07am

mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am:

When did she lie?

This thread has been through that. She tailored her media story to her advantage.

Secretly recording Federal ministers, then telling someone what she did before deleting those recordings so she didn't get caught- not a bright idea.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1128 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:09am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:07am:
mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am:

When did she lie?

This thread has been through that. She tailored her media story to her advantage.

Secretly recording Federal ministers, then telling someone what she did before deleting those recordings so she didn't get caught- not a bright idea.

She lied about the damn dress too! She kept wearing it. At family parties ffs! The same dress that she was attacked and raped in???

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1129 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:27am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:05am:

The Dhead PP DUMBgold was wrong to ever START this sad fiasco is my point and has always been my point.

DUMBGOLD got it wrong from the get go. That's why he's now dribbling illogical BS about the public interest. I'm trying to work out why Aussie isn't saying ANYTHING about this. Even legal experts are gobsmacked!

Australia has effectively been told by DUMBGOLD that there's a alleged rapist out in the community with good prospects of being convicted and jailed BUT our legal system can't/won't touch him. What tripe! DUMBGOLD needs to go!

This is what happens when people use the media to drum up public support and fuel public outrage based on less than all the facts and less than the truth.

The DPP would have been hounded to death by crazed witch hunters and conspiracy theorists had it chosen not to prosecute - notwithstanding that a rape (a serious crime) could have occurred.

I'm sure the DPP would have proceeded with a retrial in February had the prosecution's only witness not effectively withdrawn her cooperation from the prosecution.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1130 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:32am

A woman is found naked in a ministerial office having been taken there the night before by a ministerial worker .... who left hurriedly in the middle of the night.

Sure. She's lying.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1131 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:33am

It's now emerged that Bruce himself has been suicidal so duh of course he's going to sue. Think about it DUMBGOLD....he's never going to be able to work again after this so he's definitely going to try and get as much $$$ as he can.

I never liked him but that's not enough of a reason to convict and jail a guy.

Getting back to DUMBGOLD though .... I wonder if he'll be remembered as the DOPE from Mt DRUITT who not only let an alleged rapist with good prospects of being convicted and jailed back into the community because it was in THE PUBLIC INTEREST (yep that's what DUMBGOLD DUMBARSE effectively stated folks) BUT also the DOPE who's actions saw said alleged rapist awarded untold millions in compensatory damages.

In effect, DUMBGOLD has forced tax payers into the vulnerable position of potentially gifting an alleged rapist (with good prospects of being convicted and jailed) shitloads of our own money. Money which our country doesn't even have as it's stuck in a global recession straight off the back of a global pandemic!

I need to get on with my chores here ... but I'm ANGRY. There's NO CLOSURE. For ANYONE 😞😐☹️

« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:39am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1132 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:39am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:33am:
It's now emerged that Bruce himself has been suicidal so duh of course he's going to sue. Think about it DUMBGOLD....he's never going to be able to work again

Sure he will.  A rapist like him? Libs will make him the leader of the party sooner rather than later

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1133 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:47am

John Smith wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:39am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:33am:
It's now emerged that Bruce himself has been suicidal so duh of course he's going to sue. Think about it DUMBGOLD....he's never going to be able to work again

Sure he will.  A rapist like him? Libs will make him the leader of the party sooner rather than later

And he'll be not only staunchly defended by the denizens of Ozpol, they'll vote for him.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1134 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:51am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:27am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:05am:

Australia has effectively been told by DUMBGOLD that there's an alleged rapist out in the community with good prospects of being convicted and jailed BUT our legal system can't/won't touch him. What tripe! DUMBGOLD needs to go!

This is what happens when people use the media to drum up public support and fuel public outrage based on less than all the facts and less than the truth.

The DPP would have been hounded to death by crazed witch hunters and conspiracy theorists had it chosen not to prosecute - notwithstanding that a rape (a serious crime) could have occurred.

I'm sure the DPP would have proceeded with a retrial in February had the prosecution's only witness not effectively withdrawn her cooperation from the prosecution.

I just caught your remark as I was logging off.

You're effectively saying that DUMBGOLD himself would have ended up suffering from stress and no doubt other mental health issues such as being suicidal too. Why? Because of this matter.

So yet another compensation claim. In that case we should ALL put our name down for compensation too ...for the stress in putting up with DUMBGOLD's DIARRHOEA.

WHERE IS AUSSIE?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1135 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:54am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:41am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 3rd, 2022 at 11:25am:
...She wasn't the one who ran away from the witness box where he had his lawyers confront her

The same thing he himself ran away from doing because he knew he'd get caught out in his lies.

LOL... it's obvious you know very little of the judicial process.

Lehrmann did not "run away" as you put it.  He chose his legal
right to not be cross examined.     As the plaintiff Higgins was
legally bound to be cross examined by the defendant's counsel.
If a plaintiff doesn't show up in court, and the defendant asks the
court, then it may dismiss the case without prejudice.

That Lehrmann's defence decided it was best for him to face his
trial in absentia, it was always a risky move, but as it turned out
by a quirk of fate, it was the best one.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1136 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:56am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:38am:
Higgins was severely ill-advised by media personalities throughout this whole sorry saga.

Thinking the media was her friend, she took the bait hook, line and sinker.

She even illegally recorded her discussions with Federal ministers about the matter. Who advised her that would be a good idea, I wonder.

Her motivation for justice ultimately turned out to be tainted by acts of revenge - something that works in the court of public opinion but is, let's say, frowned upon in a court of law.

Huh?  "Illegally."

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1137 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:59am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:51am:
You're effectively saying that DUMBGOLD himself would have ended up suffering from stress and no doubt other mental health issues such as being suicidal too. Why? Because of this matter.

I'm effectively saying the DPP would have had to announce that it was not proceeding but would have been unable to publish all the facts of the case, facts that the DPP  may not have known anyway, like the lies about the panties, the dress, the doctors - they only came out under cross-examination.

Did Higgins tell the prosecution - before she took the stand - the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? We'll never know.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1138 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:01am

Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:56am:
Higgins was severely ill-advised by media personalities throughout this whole sorry saga.

She even illegally recorded her discussions with Federal ministers about the matter. Who advised her that would be a good idea, I wonder.

Her motivation for justice ultimately turned out to be tainted by acts of revenge - something that works in the court of public opinion but is, let's say, frowned upon in a court of law.

Huh?  "Illegally."

1. Finally you're here!

2. Some anti listening devices legislation apparently.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1139 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:01am

Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:56am:

Huh?  "Illegally."

What do the relevant acts have to say about secretly recording people in matters like these?

Did Higgins lead the ministers in her discussions with them while she secretly recorded them?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 101
Send Topic Print