No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36202 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1155 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 10:29am

Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:37am:
Frank wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:08am:
mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:54am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am:
Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

The DPP was right to end this sad fiasco.

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

When did she lie?

The most senior police officer on the Brittany Higgins case believed there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Bruce Lehrmann but could not stop the ACT Director of Public Prosecutions from proceeding because “there is too much political interference”, ­according to diary notes made by the ACT Police Manager of Criminal Investigations, Detective Superintendent Scott Moller.

In a separate executive briefing last year, Superintendent Moller advised that investigators “have serious concerns in relation to the strength and reliability of [Ms Higgins’] evidence but also more importantly her mental health and how any future ­prosecution may affect her ­wellbeing”.

On Friday the ACT DPP, Shane Drumgold SC, withdrew the charges against Mr Lehrmann, citing concerns for Ms Higgins’ mental health, so his retrial – set down for February – will no longer proceed. The original trial was aborted in October due to juror misconduct.

The executive briefing lists a series of concerns by senior police, including that Ms Higgins had ­repeatedly refused to provide her original mobile phone; had ­deliberately deleted messages from a second phone; had lied about seeking medical attention after the incident; and had joked about wanting “a sex scandal” a month before the incident. Some became issues at the trial.

The briefing, dated June 9, 2021, states that “there is limited corroborative evidence of sexual intercourse taking place or ­consent being withdrawn or not provided”.

An attached minute signed by Detective Inspector Marcus Boorman, the investigation manager assigned to the case, states: “Investigators at this juncture have a number of concerns ­regarding inconsistencies in disclosures and other evidence ­obtained during the investigation. In light of the issues identified, ­serious concerns exist as to whether there is sufficient ­evidence to prove the alleged ­offence.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/police-doubted-brittany-higgins-but-case...

I don't give a flying fuq what some copper believed. 

What about the reasons for their doubts?  The media circus she orchestrated? The speech she gave outside the court after the trial was aborted? The lies, deceptions evasions and obfuscation?

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:30am by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1156 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm

Well, well, well... What do we have here?

Brittany Higgins seeking $3 million in compensation claim

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1157 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1158 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1159 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:44pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm:

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

Things that make you go hmmm.....

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1160 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 11:32pm

If I never see or hear of Brittany Higgins again, it will be much too soon.  Roll Eyes

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #1161 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 12:02am

This totally destroys any veracity of Higgins' claims against Bruce Lehrmann.
It's come down to easy money, and don't forget the $350K book deal with
Lisa Wilkinson's old man Peter FitzSimons' publishing company.

Higgins’ lawyers have set out an intention to sue for sexual harassment, sex
discrimination, disability discrimination, negligence, and victimisation.

They're claiming $2.5 million for future economic loss, past economic loss
approaching $100,000, general damages of $100,000, future assistance with
domestic duties of some $200,000, and past and future out-of-pocket expenses
of a further $150,000 approximately.

—As a tired old fart with a crook back and hips, I wish I could claim 200K for
   some "domestic duties".  Is she now so crippled she can't wash the dishes
   or iron her duds?    And I guess rooting is out of the question for this poor,
   frail little girl?    Or not?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #1162 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 1:04am

Captain Nemo wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 11:32pm:
If I never see or hear of Brittany Higgins again, it will be much too soon.  Roll Eyes

*If you ever see or hear from Brittany Higgins again, it would be much too soon.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1163 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

“That is to our national shame.”

Mr Lehrmann and his legal team declined to respond to Ms Higgins’ statement.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1164 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:11am

Frank wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 10:29am:
Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:37am:
Frank wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:08am:
mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:54am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am:
Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

The DPP was right to end this sad fiasco.

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

When did she lie?

The most senior police officer on the Brittany Higgins case believed there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Bruce Lehrmann but could not stop the ACT Director of Public Prosecutions from proceeding because “there is too much political interference”, ­according to diary notes made by the ACT Police Manager of Criminal Investigations, Detective Superintendent Scott Moller.

In a separate executive briefing last year, Superintendent Moller advised that investigators “have serious concerns in relation to the strength and reliability of [Ms Higgins’] evidence but also more importantly her mental health and how any future ­prosecution may affect her ­wellbeing”.

On Friday the ACT DPP, Shane Drumgold SC, withdrew the charges against Mr Lehrmann, citing concerns for Ms Higgins’ mental health, so his retrial – set down for February – will no longer proceed. The original trial was aborted in October due to juror misconduct.

The executive briefing lists a series of concerns by senior police, including that Ms Higgins had ­repeatedly refused to provide her original mobile phone; had ­deliberately deleted messages from a second phone; had lied about seeking medical attention after the incident; and had joked about wanting “a sex scandal” a month before the incident. Some became issues at the trial.

The briefing, dated June 9, 2021, states that “there is limited corroborative evidence of sexual intercourse taking place or ­consent being withdrawn or not provided”.

An attached minute signed by Detective Inspector Marcus Boorman, the investigation manager assigned to the case, states: “Investigators at this juncture have a number of concerns ­regarding inconsistencies in disclosures and other evidence ­obtained during the investigation. In light of the issues identified, ­serious concerns exist as to whether there is sufficient ­evidence to prove the alleged ­offence.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/police-doubted-brittany-higgins-but-case...

I don't give a flying fuq what some copper believed. 

What about the reasons for their doubts?  The media circus she orchestrated? The speech she gave outside the court after the trial was aborted? The lies, deceptions evasions and obfuscation?

None of which was current at the time this copper was having his irrelevant qualms.

What lies etc?  Put up or shut up.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1165 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:12am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 12:02am:

This totally destroys any veracity of Higgins' claims against Bruce Lehrmann.
It's come down to easy money, and don't forget the $350K book deal with
Lisa Wilkinson's old man Peter FitzSimons' publishing company.

Higgins’ lawyers have set out an intention to sue for sexual harassment, sex
discrimination, disability discrimination, negligence, and victimisation.

They're claiming $2.5 million for future economic loss, past economic loss
approaching $100,000, general damages of $100,000, future assistance with
domestic duties of some $200,000, and past and future out-of-pocket expenses
of a further $150,000 approximately.

—As a tired old fart with a crook back and hips, I wish I could claim 200K for
   some "domestic duties".  Is she now so crippled she can't wash the dishes
   or iron her duds?    And I guess rooting is out of the question for this poor,
   frail little girl?    Or not?

NB....notice of this intended action was given  to Reynolds in March of this year, well before the criminal trial commenced.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1166 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:17am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 1:04am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 11:32pm:

*If you ever see or hear from Brittany Higgins again, it would be much too soon.

If I never see ... is a turn of phrase used to emphasise the person's displeasure with someone - oft used by Dr  Zachary Smith in the old TV series Lost in Space.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1167 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am

Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #1168 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:23am

X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1169 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:29am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

If she loses she might have to pay legal bills for the other side as well which will leave her bankrupt.

If the USA had the same loser pays all legal bills they might not have as many frivolous lawsuits.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 101
Send Topic Print