No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36177 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1170 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:33am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Well, well, well... What do we have here?

Brittany Higgins seeking $3 million in compensation claim

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

“That is to our national shame.”

Mr Lehrmann and his legal team declined to respond to Ms Higgins’ statement.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

What she posted on Instagram is a mirror image of what she said on TV (ABC) immediately after the Trial was aborted.  What was non-factual about what she said?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1171 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:35am

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:29am:

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

If she loses she might have to pay legal bills for the other side as well which will leave her bankrupt.

If the USA had the same loser pays all legal bills they might not have as many frivolous lawsuits.

Is she loses she WILL (not might) have to pay the other side's legal costs.

She won't lose.

Reynolds/Government (ALP and they have made no secret of their full support for her) will settle well before any Trial.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
The $3 million Miracle Cure
Reply #1172 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:44am

Redmond Neck wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:23am:
X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would not want my son anywhere near a girl like that. She's all over the place.

I've been carefully going through both their professional public profiles over the years for quite some time.

Here's what I THINK has happened:

These 2 Liberal Party colleagues (who were in their early 20's earning $200K/annum) had partners but as tends to happen in Canberra (many politicians from both sides have repeatedly attested to the fact that a lot of rooting takes place btwn colleagues) engaged in an office fling which involved Bruce The Goose getting into and out of offices out of hours with Bare Bottomed Brittany.

The issue which got Bruce the Goose sacked wasn't Bare Bottomed Brittany .... it was the fact that he was getting into and out of offices OUT OF HOURS! Now why was that? Both the Goose and the Bare Bottom had other partners so they couldn't go home to root! They used offices instead.

Where this started to go horribly wrong was when Bare Bottom wanted to make the fling official and more serious. The Goose wasn't on that page and just wanted the sex.

So Bare Bottom felt betrayed and used and thought ok I'll fix you. You used me for sex. That's more or less rape! That night she got drunk (after 12 drinks ffs I'm surprised she wasn't rushed to hospital) to drown her sorrows after The Goose said to her : Forget it...the fling is over.

They both went back for 1 more root (for old time's sake) but she was too drunk and so was he. So he left her there.

If ANY sex occurred it was in the land of wishful thinking or dreamland.

Now both Bruce the Goose and Bare Bottom Brittany want money for loss of income, loss of reputation <--loss of common sense, loss of ethics, loss of decency.

And here we are today....paying for it all! I don't know about you but right now I feel violated! 😐

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1173 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:46am

Flip 😐

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
The $3 Million Miracle Cure
Reply #1174 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:50am

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:33am:

What she posted on Instagram is a mirror image of what she said on TV (ABC) immediately after the Trial was aborted.  What was non-factual about what she said?

Wake up Aussie!

The entire speech (which was clearly prepared for the frail and mentally exhausted and vulnerable suicidal victim who has since miraculously recovered compliments of a $3 million cure)....IS AN ATTACK ON AUSTRALIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM AND MORE SHOCKINGLY THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ffs!

What's wrong with you Aussie? Must I keep pointing out the bleeding obvious to you?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Million Dollar Miracle Cures Here
Reply #1175 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 9:04am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:10am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:59am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:51am:
You're effectively saying that DUMBGOLD himself would have ended up suffering from stress and no doubt other mental health issues such as being suicidal too. Why? Because of this matter.

I'm effectively saying the DPP would have had to announce that it was not proceeding but would have been unable to publish all the facts of the case, facts that the DPP  may not have known anyway, like the lies about the panties, the dress, the doctors - they only came out under cross-examination.

Did Higgins tell the prosecution - before she took the stand - the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? We'll never know.

1. I think it's clear (now) that Brittany (for whatever reason/s)*
didn't tell the WHOLE truth.

* That's what's killing me right now.

2. Plus she tried too hard to paint herself very white and tainted the strength of her own case by sanitising texts etc.

👆 I posted this yesterday ...

It all makes sense now.

These idiots in their early 20's earning $hitloads of money ($200K/yr plus perks IS a lot of money for people under age 25).

BOTH were involved in something which started off as being innocent but later got out of hand and given the human frontal lobe which governs high level logic and reasoning hasn't fully developed until after 25...these nongs did not get that they were BOTH playing with fire. Not surprisingly BOTH got burned. Horribly burned in fact.

And that is why BOTH feel ENTITLED to millions in damages too!

Dear Lord! I so hope and pray BOTH get absolutely nothing! What a FAARKED up precedent otherwise.

Anyway ... I've got so much to do here. Cheers everyone.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1176 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 11:36am

I don't want to condemn anyone in this sorry saga... or allocate blame to anyone. Enough is enough.

Perhaps the one good thing to come out of it is the public knowledge of the shenanigans that go on, and maybe the forcing of governments to do something about it.  If you must root, do it privately and not in our buildings... but do try for a little decorum.

What happens in Cambra stays n Cambra is not good enough for political personages.

Also interesting to see how much these characters get paid as staff - out of the public purse.

Methinks we need an entirely different kind of person in politics...... the kind not drawn to the money etc ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1177 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 11:42am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:46am:
Flip 😐

From the wording of young Brittany's statement outside the court, she was clearly coached ...... thetrial was aborted because as juror looked up false rape accusations ... clearly Brittany looked up the alleged low number of cases brought for complaints of sexual offences.

She was trying for her Little Greta moment as the Joan Of Arc for the rape complaint industry (in its relentless pursuit of a change in law to special consideration for the accuser's version of events), and it fell flat.

Bruce should be suing that commissioner sheila too, for making a public statement of clear victimhood in the middle of a trial by actually standing beside the complainant and also interfering with a police investigation, and the ACT, if it had any integrity, would be reconsidering her position.

This sheila sh
i
t social science has gotten way out of control and it must be stopped for the good of all.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The $3 Million Miracle Cure
Reply #1178 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 11:46am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:50am:
Wake up Aussie!

The entire speech (which was clearly prepared for the frail and mentally exhausted and vulnerable suicidal victim who has since miraculously recovered compliments of a $3 million cure)....IS AN ATTACK ON AUSTRALIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM AND MORE SHOCKINGLY THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ffs!

What's wrong with you Aussie? Must I keep pointing out the bleeding obvious to you?

Don't expect Aussie to see that - he's a lawyer, you know, and they are steeped in the idea that whatever you can get past the keeper is lawful... truth, justice, and the Australian way have nothing to do with it... and or does the actual Law ........

As for the feminists - as long as it suits them they don't give one damn if they destroy every flimsy protection under law - it's part of their insane agenda.... gotta bring down that 'patriarchy' by any means, no?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1179 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 12:41pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:11am:
Frank wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 10:29am:
Aussie wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:37am:
Frank wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:08am:
mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:01am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:54am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:48am:
Aussie why are YOU so silent about DUMBGOLD?

The DPP was right to end this sad fiasco.

Higgins corrupted her cause when she went to the media, lied about facts in the case and acted illegally to corner Federal ministers.

When did she lie?

The most senior police officer on the Brittany Higgins case believed there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Bruce Lehrmann but could not stop the ACT Director of Public Prosecutions from proceeding because “there is too much political interference”, ­according to diary notes made by the ACT Police Manager of Criminal Investigations, Detective Superintendent Scott Moller.

In a separate executive briefing last year, Superintendent Moller advised that investigators “have serious concerns in relation to the strength and reliability of [Ms Higgins’] evidence but also more importantly her mental health and how any future ­prosecution may affect her ­wellbeing”.

On Friday the ACT DPP, Shane Drumgold SC, withdrew the charges against Mr Lehrmann, citing concerns for Ms Higgins’ mental health, so his retrial – set down for February – will no longer proceed. The original trial was aborted in October due to juror misconduct.

The executive briefing lists a series of concerns by senior police, including that Ms Higgins had ­repeatedly refused to provide her original mobile phone; had ­deliberately deleted messages from a second phone; had lied about seeking medical attention after the incident; and had joked about wanting “a sex scandal” a month before the incident. Some became issues at the trial.

The briefing, dated June 9, 2021, states that “there is limited corroborative evidence of sexual intercourse taking place or ­consent being withdrawn or not provided”.

An attached minute signed by Detective Inspector Marcus Boorman, the investigation manager assigned to the case, states: “Investigators at this juncture have a number of concerns ­regarding inconsistencies in disclosures and other evidence ­obtained during the investigation. In light of the issues identified, ­serious concerns exist as to whether there is sufficient ­evidence to prove the alleged ­offence.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/police-doubted-brittany-higgins-but-case...

I don't give a flying fuq what some copper believed. 

What about the reasons for their doubts?  The media circus she orchestrated? The speech she gave outside the court after the trial was aborted? The lies, deceptions evasions and obfuscation?

None of which was current at the time this copper was having his irrelevant qualms.

What lies etc?  Put up or shut up.

I highlighted it, Arsie. Sorry for not putting it in 18 pt red font - now corrected. Can you see it now?

The executive briefing lists a series of concerns by senior police, including that Ms Higgins had ­repeatedly refused to provide her original mobile phone; had ­deliberately deleted messages from a second phone; had lied about seeking medical attention after the incident; and had joked about wanting “a sex scandal” a month before the incident. Some became issues at the trial.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1180 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 3:23pm

mothra wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:32am:
A woman(
female ministerial worker
) is found naked in a ministerial office having been taken there the night before by a(
male
) ministerial worker .... who left hurriedly in the middle of the night.

Sure. She's lying.

She has been poorly advised.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Million Dollar Miracle Cures Here
Reply #1181 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 3:45pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 9:04am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 8:10am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:59am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 7:51am:
You're effectively saying that DUMBGOLD himself would have ended up suffering from stress and no doubt other mental health issues such as being suicidal too. Why? Because of this matter.

I'm effectively saying the DPP would have had to announce that it was not proceeding but would have been unable to publish all the facts of the case, facts that the DPP  may not have known anyway, like the lies about the panties, the dress, the doctors - they only came out under cross-examination.

Did Higgins tell the prosecution - before she took the stand - the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? We'll never know.

1. I think it's clear (now) that Brittany (for whatever reason/s)*
didn't tell the WHOLE truth.

* That's what's killing me right now.

2. Plus she tried too hard to paint herself very white and tainted the strength of her own case by sanitising texts etc.

👆 I posted this yesterday ...

It all makes sense now.

These idiots in their early 20's earning $hitloads of money ($200K/yr plus perks IS a lot of money for people under age 25).

BOTH were involved in something which started off as being innocent but later got out of hand and given the human frontal lobe which governs high level logic and reasoning hasn't fully developed until after 25...these nongs did not get that they were BOTH playing with fire. Not surprisingly BOTH got burned. Horribly burned in fact.

And that is why BOTH feel ENTITLED to millions in damages too!

Dear Lord! I so hope and pray BOTH get absolutely nothing! What a FAARKED up precedent otherwise.

Anyway ... I've got so much to do here. Cheers everyone.

Basically yes… whether I’d say it started off as “innocent” more like alcoholic influenced on the spur decisions. It was seen he was buying her drinks. He had after hours access to these offices in the building. Why did she go with him alone there? Leave the party to go in secretly accessed room/s?
Did he say “Hey… you wanna go check out these office/s I have access to?”
Like an adventure. Go spying in other peoples office…
But I think I read somewhere he was fired for taking advantage of unauthorised access even though he had the means to doing so.
Who gave him that means to do so in the first place?

“Lead us not into temptation…..”

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The $3 million Miracle Cure
Reply #1182 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 4:15pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:44am:
X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

I would not want my son anywhere near a girl like that. She's all over the place.

I've been carefully going through both their professional public profiles over the years for quite some time.

These 2 Liberal Party colleagues (who were in their early 20's earning $200K/annum) had partners but as tends to happen in Canberra (many politicians from both sides have repeatedly attested to the fact that a lot of rooting takes place btwn colleagues) engaged in an office fling which involved Bruce The Goose getting into and out of offices out of hours with Bare Bottomed Brittany.

The issue which got Bruce the Goose sacked wasn't Bare Bottomed Brittany .... it was the fact that he was getting into and out of offices OUT OF HOURS! Now why was that? Both the Goose and the Bare Bottom had other partners so they couldn't go home to root! They used offices instead.

Where this started to go horribly wrong was when Bare Bottom wanted to make the fling official and more serious. The Goose wasn't on that page and just wanted the sex.

So Bare Bottom felt betrayed and used and thought ok I'll fix you. You used me for sex. That's more or less rape! That night she got drunk (after 12 drinks ffs I'm surprised she wasn't rushed to hospital) to drown her sorrows after The Goose said to her : Forget it...the fling is over.

They both went back for 1 more root (for old time's sake) but she was too drunk and so was he. So he left her there.

Now both Bruce the Goose and Bare Bottom Brittany want money for loss of income, loss of reputation <--loss of common sense, loss of ethics, loss of decency.

And here we are today....paying for it all! I don't know about you but right now I feel violated! 😐

Lisa....that is why I largely do not respond to your silly posts.  Read:

Link.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1183 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:25pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

Link.

So what are you saying with that link Aussie.

Women dominate the jobs in Parliament House

but because they haven't got the highest ranking/ paying jobs they are being discriminated against?

It's the patriarchy keeping them down & they want a quota system for those jobs?

To hell with selection on qualifications & merit?

I'm over all this bullshyte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1184 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:28pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:25pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

Link.

So what are you saying with that link Aussie.

Women dominate the jobs in Parliament House

but because they haven't got the highest ranking/ paying jobs they are being discriminated against?

It's the patriarchy keeping them down & they want a quota system for those jobs?

To hell with selection on qualifications & merit?

I'm over all this bullshyte.

I am saying that the claim by Lisa Jones about Higgins and Lehrmann earning (each) $200,000.00 p.a. is rubbish and that is typical of the rest of her post on the subject.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 101
Send Topic Print