No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36145 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1230 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 10:15am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:04am:
mothra wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:49am:
AusGeoff wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:35am:
mothra wrote on Dec 7th, 2022 at 4:42am:
I'll have you lot know that of all of the cases of sexual assault that are reported to police, only 16% end up with criminal charges.

Did it ever occur to you that could've been because a police investigation found
no viable evidence to give to the DPP?  You seem to be implying that 84% of guilty
rapists escaped punishment.   Which is silly.

More than 84% of guilty rapists avoid punishment, Geoff. Most aren't even reported.

And of those few, as i said, 16% that have criminal charges brought against them, over half walk free.

These are the statistics.

It is all because sexual assault generally comes down to he said/she said. Furthermore, the victim is forced to have their lives ripped apart on the witness stnd but there is no requirement for the accused to do so.

So it comes down to how well effectively the victim is torn apart .... as you lot are so vehemently demonstrating.

👆 This type of half baked shallow "reasoning" is why women and women's groups aren't taken seriously. And will never be taken seriously. It's revolting that in 2022 THIS is where so called pseudo wannabe feminists like Methra are at.

What's more ...the illogical and almost fairy tale wishful thinking underpinning the same rants by these woke left wing nobodies pretending to understand what they're talking about totally disgusts me actually because it means more women will continue to suffer. There's just no understanding whatsoever of legal principles, legal practice and procedure and the ramifications to innocent human beings in attempting to change these by marketing half baked ill considered proposals as so called systemic solutions or even reforms.

No wonder most people think you're a bloke.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1231 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 11:01am

Indeed - it would be far better for all discussion if clear lines were drawn between rape and various kinds thereof, and what is loosely termed 'sexual assault' - so as to afford the ideologues a hell of a lot less wriggle room.

Clearly the 'legislators' felt it was in the interests of their Great Social Revolution - which from either 'side' of The Tag Team means their total dominance over society and all within it it via the reduction of the common herd under despotism at every step - and the absolute and unmitigated 'right' to pursue their own agendas without interference from those pesky democrat voters out there (bloody peasants)... to create one hell of a lot of 'grey area' around discussion of issues such as this..... suits their purposes only and those of their Chosen Ones.... if you don't know who those are by now, you never will until your nation and country is in ruins.  I Told You So!!!

Governments of all hues need to be brought to heel and taught their true place - as servants of and to the People - not to themselves or their special interest groups...

Now then - what's all this guff about OUR national parks???

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2022 at 11:13am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1232 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 11:06am

I'll have you lot know that of all of the cases of sexual assault that are reported to police, only 16% end up with criminal charges.

Did it ever occur to you that could've been because a police investigation found
no viable evidence to give to the DPP?  You seem to be implying that 84% of guilty

More than 84% of guilty rapists avoid punishment, Geoff. Most aren't even reported.

And of those few, as i said, 16% that have criminal charges brought against them, over half walk free.

It is all because sexual assault generally comes down to he said/she said. Furthermore, the victim is forced to have their lives ripped apart on the witness stnd but there is no requirement for the accused to do so.

So it comes down to how well effectively the victim is torn apart .... as you lot are so vehemently demonstrating.

Any chance of a reliable link there - or are you just blowing it in the wind again?

So somehow you extrapolate '16% of complaints result in  criminal charges' - to '84% of GUILTY RAPISTS walk free'?

Pardon me, but your agenda is showing.... sorry to tell you that nobody is guilty by being accused/denounced here, Comrade mothra... and they never will be.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1233 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 11:08am

👆 This type of half baked shallow "reasoning" is why women and women's groups aren't taken seriously. And will never be taken seriously. It's revolting that in 2022 THIS is where so called pseudo wannabe feminists like Methra are at.

What's more ...the illogical and almost fairy tale wishful thinking underpinning the same rants by these woke left wing nobodies pretending to understand what they're talking about totally disgusts me actually because it means more women will continue to suffer. There's just no understanding whatsoever of legal principles, legal practice and procedure and the ramifications to innocent human beings in attempting to change these by marketing half baked ill considered proposals as so called systemic solutions or even reforms.

We prefer the term 'Final Solutions' from that kind... because that's what they are....

Trouble is so many do take these insane kinds seriously.... governments should make a start by defunding them totally.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1234 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 11:12am

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:21am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:37am:
I don't understand why people get so vehement about defending a rapist.  It's not like you're related to him ..... or are you? Shocked

2 short planks - thick as.

You can't argue with smith - he's happy that as long as someone accuses him personally of kiddy fiddling - that makes him a kiddy fiddler.... that kind of lack of reasoning shows how stupid some are.... until it happens to them .... as it will if they ever destroy the thin armour that protects people against abuse of law, which is what these kinds are advocating.

Amazing how, if this guy was an Abo - they would all jump up and down screaming that he was being persecuted... but he made the mistake of not being born a Black Man and thus sacrosanct and a victim regardless of realities... so he just has to wear it..... he can cite all this as part of his claim against his persecutors..... more money!!!

Maybe one of us should compile it and send it to him ......  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1235 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 12:44pm

I don't understand why people get so vehement about defending a rapist.  It's not like you're related to him ..... or are you? Shocked

Yep! Seriously dumb and offers SFA. Not sure why he bothers logging on these days. He must love being made fun of!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1236 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 12:48pm

mothra wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 10:15am:

No wonder most people think you're a bloke.

Everyone KNOWS you're clinically insane through systematically frying your brains with drugs.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: The $3 million Miracle Cure
Reply #1237 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:06pm

Back to the actual topic

Redmond Neck wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:23am:
X2 Lisa!

Miraculous recovery!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would not want my son anywhere near a girl like that. She's all over the place.

I've been carefully going through both their professional public profiles over the years for quite some time.

Here's what I THINK has happened:

These 2 Liberal Party colleagues (who were in their early 20's earning $200K/annum) had partners but as tends to happen in Canberra (many politicians from both sides have repeatedly attested to the fact that a lot of rooting takes place btwn colleagues) engaged in an office fling which involved Bruce The Goose getting into and out of offices out of hours with Bare Bottomed Brittany.

The issue which got Bruce the Goose sacked wasn't Bare Bottomed Brittany .... it was the fact that he was getting into and out of offices OUT OF HOURS! Now why was that? Both the Goose and the Bare Bottom had other partners so they couldn't go home to root! They used offices instead.

Where this started to go horribly wrong was when Bare Bottom wanted to make the fling official and more serious. The Goose wasn't on that page and just wanted the sex.

So Bare Bottom felt betrayed and used and thought ok I'll fix you. You used me for sex. That's more or less rape! That night she got drunk (after 12 drinks ffs I'm surprised she wasn't rushed to hospital) to drown her sorrows after The Goose said to her : Forget it...the fling is over.

They both went back for 1 more root (for old time's sake) but she was too drunk and so was he. So he left her there.

If ANY sex occurred it was in the land of wishful thinking or dreamland.

Now both Bruce the Goose and Bare Bottom Brittany want money for loss of income, loss of reputation <--loss of common sense, loss of ethics, loss of decency.

And here we are today....paying for it all! I don't know about you but right now I feel violated! 😐

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: The $3 Million Miracle Cure
Reply #1238 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:09pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Well, well, well... What do we have here?

Brittany Higgins seeking $3 million in compensation claim

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

“That is to our national shame.”

Mr Lehrmann and his legal team declined to respond to Ms Higgins’ statement.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

What she posted on Instagram is a mirror image of what she said on TV (ABC) immediately after the Trial was aborted.  What was non-factual about what she said?

Wake up Aussie!

The entire speech (which was clearly prepared for the frail and mentally exhausted and vulnerable suicidal victim who has since miraculously recovered compliments of a $3 million cure)....IS AN ATTACK ON AUSTRALIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM AND MORE SHOCKINGLY THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ffs!

What's wrong with you Aussie? Must I keep pointing out the bleeding obvious to you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1239 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 3:52pm

What was in error in what she said?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #1240 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 4:16pm

The issue is that a person has been accused of a serious crime, after the complainant took her sweet time making the accusation. This is basically giving me the opinion that a woman has changed her mind about consenting to sex with a work colleague.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The $3 Million Miracle Cure
Reply #1241 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 4:41pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:09pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Well, well, well... What do we have here?

Brittany Higgins seeking $3 million in compensation claim

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

“That is to our national shame.”

Mr Lehrmann and his legal team declined to respond to Ms Higgins’ statement.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

What she posted on Instagram is a mirror image of what she said on TV (ABC) immediately after the Trial was aborted.  What was non-factual about what she said?

Wake up Aussie!

The entire speech (which was clearly prepared for the frail and mentally exhausted and vulnerable suicidal victim who has since miraculously recovered compliments of a $3 million cure)....IS AN ATTACK ON AUSTRALIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM AND MORE SHOCKINGLY THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ffs!

What's wrong with you Aussie? Must I keep pointing out the bleeding obvious to you?

After the miraculous recovery she is now ready to take the stand again against Bruce if he decides to sue.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/brittany-higgins-says-she-is-willing-to...

She is not a very good liar and she has yet to prove anything but she has the media backing and she might even get another book deal!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1242 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:56pm

Ok, that explains why you defend him, but surely that doesn't apply to everyone on here defending him?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1243 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:58pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 4:16pm:

The issue is that a person has been accused of a serious crime, after the complainant took her sweet time making the accusation. This is basically giving me the opinion that a woman has changed her mind about consenting to sex with a work colleague.

well guess what, some people react differently to being raped than others.

Many women don't report it at all and yet that doesn't mean they weren't raped.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1244 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:25pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 3:52pm:
What was in error in what she said?

Shall we count the ways... - "it was obvious who was on trial here'..... what nonsense.  She was NEVER on trial, but she did have the responsibility of facing the person she accused and being questioned about the issues and the complaint and what was ans wasn't done....

You know what they say about that kitchen being too hot girls... you can always go home to the kitchen...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 101
Send Topic Print