No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36158 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1245 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:25pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 3:52pm:
What was in error in what she said?

Shall we count the ways... - "it was obvious who was on trial here'..... what nonsense.  She was NEVER on trial, but she did have the responsibility of facing the person she accused and being questioned about the issues and the complaint and what was ans wasn't done....

You know what they say about that kitchen being too hot girls... you can always go home to the kitchen...

Really?  Have a look at the pro Lehrmann posts in this thread.  Are they defending him or putting her on trial?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1246 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:43pm

“To speak up against injustice.”
What injustice was that?  The law took its proper course at her request.

“To speak up and share my experiences with others.“

Should have done so AFTER the trial, not during it in a blatant attempt to influence the outcome in advance.

“He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court“

As was his legal right.

“it was “very obvious” who had been on trial.”
Yes, Bruce Lehrmann was all over the media.... she was obliged to give evidence to support her allegation.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated.”

This is how all complainants are obliged to sustain their allegations.

“Their lives are torn apart“

Not at all, unless they are living on pure feeling and are making a public display of themselves.

“their families and friends called to the witness stand“

Indeed – whenever they have relevant evidence to put to the court.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.”
Already been discussed and despatched to the nether regions.  Evidence must be available and solid – end of discussion.

All this hyperbole and emotional heart-string pulling is not the responsibility of the legal system. No reliable evidence – no conviction.

Now THIS particular case ….. was never going to be anything but a contentious outcome regardless of which way it went – there was NEVER sufficient evidence for a reliable conclusion - so the best interests of all have been served by simply disposing of it in the waste basket.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:56pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1247 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:44pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:58pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 4:16pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:37am:
I don't understand why people get so vehement about defending a rapist.  It's not like you're related to him ..... or are you? Shocked

The issue is that a person has been accused of a serious crime, after the complainant took her sweet time making the accusation. This is basically giving me the opinion that a woman has changed her mind about consenting to sex with a work colleague.

well guess what, some people react differently to being raped than others.

Many women don't report it at all and yet that doesn't mean they weren't raped.

It also doesn't mean they were........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1248 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:45pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:56pm:
Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:21am:
I don't understand why people get so vehement about defending a rapist.  It's not like you're related to him ..... or are you? Shocked

2 short planks - thick as.

Ok, that explains why you defend him, but surely that doesn't apply to everyone on here defending him?

Name them and say how they have defended him..... precise words used only, thanks.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1249 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:51pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:28pm:

Shall we count the ways... - "it was obvious who was on trial here'..... what nonsense.  She was NEVER on trial, but she did have the responsibility of facing the person she accused and being questioned about the issues and the complaint and what was ans wasn't done....

You know what they say about that kitchen being too hot girls... you can always go home to the kitchen...

Really?  Have a look at the pro Lehrmann posts in this thread.  Are they defending him or putting her on trial?

So people supporting the idea that, alongside the complainant, the accused, having been turned out by a court, can sue for damages, is somehow a crime now?

Show us - with full quote - where anyone 'defended' the accused..... and where anyone put Higgins on trial other than herself by her own choice.  Kitchen too hot, remember.....

And you may ONLY use things said/written during the course of the trial... once that is over, clerk of the court, the issue has become the lunge for cash - and probably for a seat as the Joan Of Arc for the rape accusers (where is Lehrmann's seat as the John Of Arc for the rape accused?) and possibly a future lunge for a political seat - and what that implies about the character of the individuals involved..... not to mention those who supported one side in the allegation and trial phase as if it was a foregone conclusion that he was guilty - thus attempting to pervert the course of justice by applying pressure from baying crowds and other useful tools.

When will they be charged?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1250 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:55pm

Who actually is "pro" Lehrmann?

More pro injustice & having to prove innocence instead of guilt with trial by media.

As has been stated Lisa Wilkinson & Higgins should have been charged with contempt of court.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1251 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:59pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 5:56pm:
Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:21am:

2 short planks - thick as.

Ok, that explains why you defend him, but surely that doesn't apply to everyone on here defending him?

I'm not defending him. Show me where I'm actually doing that?

There's something fishy in Denmark the way the DPP has dropped the case citing looking after her mental health.

Mental health that is so bad she now has her legal team chasing a multimillion dollar compensation payout.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1252 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:06pm

Hopefully, Higgins has learned the media (like HR) is not your friend.

Courting the media to drum up fever-pitch support is a highway to hell when things go wrong. Media people are generally well-legally advised and when the going gets tough, the media get going - outta Dodge - They should name it the (Princess) Diana devil-dance.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1253 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:09pm

Brittany's Law:-   

"You are knowing how is working Tovarich... coming quietly, no fuss to Lubyanka Cellars ..... you have been denounced for rape... first comes show arrest, then show charging, then show trial and conviction and show execution..... no right you confront accuser.... all denounced guilty as denounced.... is for good of Soviet and all people ....."

THAT is how these harpies think.... and they think this is real and fair and just ...... Jesus God..... SOTH* on all sides... pure madness ..............

*once again - Sheilas Over Their Heads.... should all be shown the door before they bring Downfall on us all.... I Told You So Forty Years Ago!!!

Hey, Bobby - where's MY prophet badge?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1254 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:13pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:55pm:

Who actually is "pro" Lehrmann?

More pro injustice & having to prove innocence instead of guilt with trial by media.

As has been stated Lisa Wilkinson & Higgins should have been charged with contempt of court.

... not to mention that commissioner for victims for attempting to pervert the course of justice and interfering in a police investigation... talk about the Pussy Pass gone mad in the ACT....

I think you mean pro JUSTICE and having to have guilt proven by reliable evidence and not by trial by media and stupid street march ...and certainly not by simply being denounced (Tovarich) ... that Borzoi won't hunt...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1255 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 7:09pm:
Brittany's Law:-   

"You are knowing how is working Tovarich... coming quietly, no fuss to Lubyanka Cellars ..... you have been denounced for rape... first comes show arrest, then show charging, then show trial and conviction and show execution..... no right you confront accuser.... all denounced guilty as denounced.... is for good of Soviet and all people ....."

THAT is how these harpies think.... and they think this is real and fair and just ...... Jesus God..... SOTH* on all sides... pure madness ..............

*once again - Sheilas Over Their Heads.... should all be shown the door before they bring Downfall on us all.... I Told You So Forty Years Ago!!!

Hey, Bobby - where's MY prophet badge?

There is only one prophet here and that's me.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1256 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:03pm

This innocent until proven guilty is something the left don't follow when it comes to someone from the centre-right.

Bill Shorten was accused of rape and sleepy Joe Biden grabbed Tara Reade by the pussy so by leftist standards they're guilty.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist ends!
Reply #1257 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:23pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:03pm:
This innocent until proven guilty is something the left don't follow when it comes to someone from the centre-right.

Bill Shorten was accused of rape and sleepy Joe Biden grabbed Tara Reade by the pussy so by leftist standards they're guilty.

The presumption of innocence upon which our legal system stands is NOT for sale! Brittany Higgins and co clearly don't like it. That's ok...they're free to pack their gear and relocate to another country which doesn't uphold such a presumption. Perhaps North Korea might be more to their liking. Idiots!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: The $3 Million Miracle Cure
Reply #1258 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:34pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 4:41pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 1:09pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:33am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 8:21am:
Frank wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 6:32am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:26pm:
Well, well, well... What do we have here?

Brittany Higgins seeking $3 million in compensation claim

Lawyers for former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins have given notice that they will sue former Liberal ministers Linda Reynolds and Michaelia Cash as well as the Commonwealth for about $3 million.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/brittany-higgins-seeking-3-million-i...

“I chose to speak up. To speak up against rape. To speak up against injustice. To speak up and share my experiences with others,” Ms Higgins said in the lengthy statement.

“When I did speak up, I never fully understood our asymmetrical criminal justice system. But I do now.

“I was required to tell the truth under oath over a week on the witness stand and was cross-examined at length. He was afforded the choice of staying silent in court … He never faced one question in court about his story and the criminal charges.”

Posted on Instagram on Sunday, the comments mirrored an emotional speech she made after her final public court appearance in late October.

Ms Higgins said it was “very obvious” who had been on trial and she didn’t blame the media for calling the case the “Higgins trial”.

“This is the reality of how complainants in sexual assault cases are treated. Their lives are torn apart, their families and friends called to the witness stand and the accused has the legal right to say absolutely nothing,” she said. “The criminal justice system has long failed to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault.

“In the ACT during 2020, only 16 per cent of sexual offences reported to police resulted in a charge. And of that 16 per cent, only half of that number again resulted in a conviction.

“That is to our national shame.”

Mr Lehrmann and his legal team declined to respond to Ms Higgins’ statement.

Good. Her prepared speech was full of $h1t....absolute irrelevant, emotive driven, non factual and incompetent twaddle and it was made by this alleged mentally unstable woman who could not face any more court proceedings because her actual life was at risk.

Rubbish! Of the highest order!

And since that ridiculous speech was read out ...she's suddenly and miraculously recovered AND ready to jump back into court proceedings for $3 million in damages.

Meantime WE tax payers are STILL footing the bill for all this BS!

What she posted on Instagram is a mirror image of what she said on TV (ABC) immediately after the Trial was aborted.  What was non-factual about what she said?

Wake up Aussie!

The entire speech (which was clearly prepared for the frail and mentally exhausted and vulnerable suicidal victim who has since miraculously recovered compliments of a $3 million cure)....IS AN ATTACK ON AUSTRALIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM AND MORE SHOCKINGLY THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ffs!

What's wrong with you Aussie? Must I keep pointing out the bleeding obvious to you?

After the miraculous recovery she is now ready to take the stand again against Bruce if he decides to sue.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/brittany-higgins-says-she-is-willing-to...

She is not a very good liar and she has yet to prove anything but she has the media backing and she might even get another book deal!

Yep and Brittany is a despicable loser too! She is forever opening her mouth and talking cringeworthy shyte of the highest order! If she could just STFU but she's always fronting the media not realising the damage she's causing to herself and women in general.

Her latest rant essentially consisted of blaming and attacking our legal system's principle of presumption of innocence because it stood in her way. It was such a horrible obstacle for her! Well too bad Brittany! That's our legal system. And EVERYONE is entitled to that presumption. Even you! So next time you decide to hop into the ring make sure you remember that you can't just jump up and down accusing people with SFA evidence to back you up and expect the legal system of Australia to stop operating just for you.

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:41pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1259 - Dec 8th, 2022 at 8:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 8th, 2022 at 6:51pm:

So people supporting the idea that, alongside the complainant, the accused, having been turned out by a court, can sue for damages, is somehow a crime now?

Show us - with full quote - where anyone 'defended' the accused..... and where anyone put Higgins on trial other than herself by her own choice.  Kitchen too hot, remember.....

And you may ONLY use things said/written during the course of the trial... once that is over, clerk of the court, the issue has become the lunge for cash - and probably for a seat as the Joan Of Arc for the rape accusers (where is Lehrmann's seat as the John Of Arc for the rape accused?) and possibly a future lunge for a political seat - and what that implies about the character of the individuals involved..... not to mention those who supported one side in the allegation and trial phase as if it was a foregone conclusion that he was guilty - thus attempting to pervert the course of justice by applying pressure from baying crowds and other useful tools.

When will they be charged?

Grappler, have a look at your own posts and the posts of many others and note how many times there is a concentrated incessant attack on Higgins (her on Trial) and SFA about the lies he told and his conduct both at the time, when he was interviewed by the Coppers and at the Trial.

You can keep pissing into the wind as much as you like.  No piss in my face follows.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 101
Send Topic Print