No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36071 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1365 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 3:54pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 3:41pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 3:10pm:
Higgins should've been charged with contempt of court after
speaking to the media on 27 October.  The claim that the trial
had been aborted two days earlier was incorrect.  The case is
relisted for 20 February 2023.  Higgins was referred to the court
and to police after after criticising the criminal justice system
on live television.

THIS "speech" of Higgins was totally out of order considering
the case is not concluded, and of course there's no verdict.

This should have been a case of contempt...

Quote:
"Like all women who experience sexual violence, I knew the odds
were stacked against me. The criminal justice system has long failed
to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault".

I've stated this many times now...Higgins has a big mouth and needed to STFU outside of court. I have no idea why her public relations team organised those pressers. You'd think they've never heard of "sub judice" 😐

They are trying to subvert 'sub judice' in cases where the complainant is a woman, and replace it with trial by media and emotion..... lynch mob rule ... thus handing total power and control in such situations to women and by proxy to the state that permits such dismantling of the already thin legal protections for all equally ... the despotic state (and the power-hungry feminists) is moving silently beneath the sheep's cloak of protecting women.... has been for decades now..... and one day they will come for your sons .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1366 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 4:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 3:50pm:
AusGeoff wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 3:10pm:
Higgins should've been charged with contempt of court after
speaking to the media on 27 October.  The claim that the trial
had been aborted two days earlier was incorrect.  The case is
relisted for 20 February 2023.  Higgins was referred to the court
and to police after after criticising the criminal justice system
on live television.

THIS "speech" of Higgins was totally out of order considering
the case is not concluded, and of course there's no verdict.

This should have been a case of contempt...

Quote:
"Like all women who experience sexual violence, I knew the odds
were stacked against me. The criminal justice system has long failed
to deliver outcomes to victims of sexual assault".

First your claims have to be proven or there is no victim.  As for the stacked odds - it is nothing of the sort - a complainant has the obligation to prove their case beyond ANY reasonable doubt - and the criminal justice system did its job perfectly in her case..... it isn't about 'delivering outcomes to victims of sexual assault' - it is about proving there was a victim in the first place.

In making that statement, clearly she is demanding that the outcome be a foregone conclusion..... guilt by denunciation, the feminist and Neo-Stalinist dream... but only if the accused is a man and therefore representative of their suffering under the 'patriarchy'.... but they don't hate all men - not at all..... just this 'patriarchy'....

As I said - clearly she was coached and maybe even had that ghost written to achieve the maximum effect for The Latest Cause For Women as Perpetual Victims Of Everything.... most likely by that butch haircut lawyer or that commissioner for victims declared in advance of any finding......   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

We'll ask Lisa Jones, shall we?

Lisa, when that dude sexually molested you at that party, were you a victim?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1367 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:03pm

Looking back now I definitely WAS a victim.

(I'm not a victim today. I'm aware and alert. And I'm a very strong resilient woman).

At THAT point in time I was too shocked/upset to know what I was (remember I was in my early 20's and had never had a boyfriend in my life). I went numb. I really didn't know who to talk to about the incident. There was no one I could talk to really. And I wasn't raped. So somehow in my mind I concluded that it wasn't serious enough to report. I knew I needed to get transferred out of that department ASAP and that was where all my energies were directed. I could see that it was up to me to stand up and fight hard to find myself a safe place to work within the organisation. That was my focus.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1368 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:03pm

Anyways....let's fast forward to 2022 and Brittany Higgins.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:10pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1369 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:04pm

Flip

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1370 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:55pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 4:21pm:
when that dude sexually molested you at that party, were you a victim?

Certainly by her lights at the time - but legally?  You KNOW that is a different story... so stop beating your chest...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1371 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:55pm:

Certainly by her lights at the time - but legally?  You KNOW that is a different story... so stop beating your chest...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

crappler you're losing the plot

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1372 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:16pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:03pm:

(I'm not a victim today. I'm aware and alert. And I'm a very strong resilient woman).

At THAT point in time I was too shocked/upset to know what I was (remember I was in my early 20's and had never had a boyfriend in my life). I went numb. I really didn't know who to talk to about the incident. There was no one I could talk to really. And I wasn't raped. So somehow in my mind I concluded that it wasn't serious enough to report. I knew I needed to get transferred out of that department ASAP and that was where all my energies were directed. I could see that it was up to me to stand up and fight hard to find myself a safe place to work within the organisation. That was my focus.

Indeed - but as Aussie knows full well.... in the eyes of the law you are the complainant - and are not legally a victim until the case is proven.  Playing semantics will avail you nothing in this court, counsellor.... we cut through the bullsh
i
t ..... and your crusade to alter the face and structure of law to suit a small group will not prevail......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1373 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:17pm

Anyways....let's fast forward to 2022 and Brittany Higgins.

I was enjoying To Kill A Mockingbird......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1374 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:33pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:16pm:

Indeed - but as Aussie knows full well.... in the eyes of the law you are the complainant - and are not legally a victim until the case is proven.  Playing semantics will avail you nothing in this court, counsellor.... we cut through the bullsh
i
t ..... and your crusade to alter the face and structure of law to suit a small group will not prevail......

Just like Lisa Jones can say she was/is a victim ~ so can Higgins, yes Grappler?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1375 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:40pm

Many people are victims in many ways without ever having any result from it.... that's the way the cookie crumbles... complainants of sexual assault are not Robinsdaughter Crusoe.....

Now stop being churlish and arguing the empty sky - you KNOW the vast difference between what someone may know or feel they know and the legal realities...... or would you simply prefer conviction upon denunciation for everyone in every situation?

There'd be nobody left this side of the prison walls.....
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1376 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:43pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:55pm:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

crappler you're losing the plot

Clearly it is you who have lost the plot... I see you've reverted to the last refuge of the internet scoundrel - the ad hom and the insinuation without any substance...

You know full well there is a world of difference between what a person may know in him/her self and what can pass through a proper court of law.  We all know someone who is an arsehole and should have been convicted of something we know about but never was...... a case has to be proven.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1377 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:45pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:33pm:
Just like Lisa Jones can say she was/is a victim ~ so can Higgins, yes Grappler?

No relevance to the point.  She just can't say it while a case is in play....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1378 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:40pm:
Many people are victims in many ways without ever having any result from it.... that's the way the cookie crumbles... complainants of sexual assault are not Robinsdaughter Crusoe.....

Now stop being churlish and arguing the empty sky - you KNOW the vast difference between what someone may know or feel they know and the legal realities...... or would you simply prefer conviction upon denunciation for everyone in every situation?

There's be nobody left this side of the prison walls.....

Stay with us Grappler, Old Fella!

Up there ^^^^^ you will find criticism because Higgins described herself as a victim.  She was correct when she said so.

It's quite simple.  Just like Lisa Jones says she is the victim of sexual molestation, Higgins also says she is victim of the same.

Simple as that.

People speak of their own experience in the first person.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1379 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm

When a person attempts to influence the outcome of a trial by public appearances and public utterances and inflammatory comments shown on the national media - clearly they are not just saying to themselves and their familiars that they are a victim... they are seeking to alter the course of justiceand the course of that hearing..

Again - you know that so why bother with your specious arguments?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 101
Send Topic Print