No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36074 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1380 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:43pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:55pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 4:21pm:
when that dude sexually molested you at that party, were you a victim?

Certainly by her lights at the time - but legally?  You KNOW that is a different story... so stop beating your chest...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

crappler you're losing the plot

Clearly Aussie it is you who have lost the plot... I see you've reverted to the last refuge of the internet scoundrel - the ad hom and the insinuation without any substance...

You know full well there is a world of difference between what a person may know in him/her self and what can pass through a proper court of law.  We all know someone who is an arsehole and should have been convicted of something we know about but never was...... a case has to be proven.....

Ya see Grappler....it was Mr Smith who said you are losing the plot...not me.

Maybe Mr Smith is right?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1381 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm:
When a person attempts to influence the outcome of a trial by public appearances and public utterances and inflammatory comments shown on the national media - clearly they are not just saying to themselves and their familiars that they are a victim... they are seeking to alter the course of justiceand the course of that hearing..

Again - you know that so why bother with your specious arguments?

I'll agree with you concerning the antics of many before the aborted Trial began.

I'll accept that it was dumb of Higgins to have that conversation with the ABC TV crew outside court immediately after the aborted trial.

But, she is perfectly able, if unwise, to say she is a victim, and perfectly able, if unwise, to comment on the stats as they are concerning complains of sexual assault on women.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1382 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 7:36pm

I just hope now the media can get behind Bruce the same way they did for Bittany now that he has been declared an innocent man.

Go get em Bruce, go straight for the Jugular in Drumgold Lisa&Co, save Brittany for last.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1383 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 7:42pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:45pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:40pm:
Many people are victims in many ways without ever having any result from it.... that's the way the cookie crumbles... complainants of sexual assault are not Robinsdaughter Crusoe.....

Now stop being churlish and arguing the empty sky - you KNOW the vast difference between what someone may know or feel they know and the legal realities...... or would you simply prefer conviction upon denunciation for everyone in every situation?

There's be nobody left this side of the prison walls.....

Stay with us Grappler, Old Fella!

Up there ^^^^^ you will find criticism because Higgins described herself as a victim.  She was correct when she said so.

It's quite simple.  Just like Lisa Jones says she is the victim of sexual molestation, Higgins also says she is victim of the same.

Simple as that.

People speak of their own experience in the first person.

Stay with us, Aussie, olf fellah...

You know full well that saying you are a victim is different from waging a campaign to be accepted as a proven victim and the defendant accepted as totally guilty before and during a court hearing on the issue.

No wonder the law has been in disarray in this poor nation for two centuries and more.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1384 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Do you accord to the defendant the same right to go out in public and go on national media to protest his victimhood, march in demos, have a commissioner for victims hold his hand and hand carry him through the trial and investigation.... considering that he is saying he is wrongfully accused.....?

You do see what I'm getting at, don't you?

Best if NONE of these things are permitted until the trial is over.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1385 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:08pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm:

Certainly by her lights at the time - but legally?  You KNOW that is a different story... so stop beating your chest...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Clearly Aussie it is you who have lost the plot... I see you've reverted to the last refuge of the internet scoundrel - the ad hom and the insinuation without any substance...

You know full well there is a world of difference between what a person may know in him/her self and what can pass through a proper court of law.  We all know someone who is an arsehole and should have been convicted of something we know about but never was...... a case has to be proven.....

Maybe Mr Smith is right?

A mere slip and quickly fixed.... Smithy has no need to ever be right about anything since he contributes nothing...

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1386 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:28pm

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maybe Mr Smith is right?

I'm always right

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1387 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:29pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 7:36pm:
I just hope now the media can get behind Bruce the same way they did for Bittany now that he has been declared an innocent man.

Go get em Bruce, go straight for the Jugular in Drumgold Lisa&Co, save Brittany for last.

When was he declared innocent? And what idiots on here say doesn't count  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1388 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:31pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:08pm:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maybe Mr Smith is right?

A mere slip and quickly fixed.... Smithy has no need to ever be right about anything since he contributes nothing...

It's more a gift than a need. You on the other hand are gifted at getting everything wrong

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1389 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Do you accord to the defendant the same right to go out in public and go on national media to protest his victimhood, march in demos, have a commissioner for victims hold his hand and hand carry him through the trial and investigation.... considering that he is saying he is wrongfully accused.....?

You do see what I'm getting at, don't you?

Best if NONE of these things are permitted until the trial is over.

I hope like hell he goes out and publicly declares his innocence as he entitled to do!  He will not ever do that Grappler.  Can you work out why?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1390 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 9:02pm

Okay.  You 'Thomases of Doubt and Ignorance.'  First you Grappler.

You have asked me about Lehrmann and his having 'form.' 

Watch.

Second...you Grappler and all others who have no idea how a civil trial works.

Watch. (I have said here often that Lehrmann will not go to any civil trial because that means he MUST get in the witness box.  That, to adopt the expression used in the programme is 'like going back into the lions' den to get your hat.')

http://iview.abc.net.au/video/FA2135H043S00

If that link does not work....it is to this evening's Media Watch on ABC.

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2022 at 9:26pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1391 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 9:29pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:51pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 6:47pm:
When a person attempts to influence the outcome of a trial by public appearances and public utterances and inflammatory comments shown on the national media - clearly they are not just saying to themselves and their familiars that they are a victim... they are seeking to alter the course of justiceand the course of that hearing..

Again - you know that so why bother with your specious arguments?

I'll agree with you concerning the antics of many before the aborted Trial began.

I'll accept that it was dumb of Higgins to have that conversation with the ABC TV crew outside court immediately after the aborted trial.

But, she is perfectly able, if unwise, to say she is a victim, and perfectly able, if unwise, to comment on the stats as they are concerning complains of sexual assault on women.

The problems begin with combining rape pure in with all kinds of minor complaints, far too often based on a 'feeling' than on a fact.

There can be no valid discussion of rape cases etc until these are clearly separated again and it is made clear.  This is a disease that has pervaded jurisprudence and popular imagination due to the precise - and carefully calculated in advance - approach to 'domestic violence' as being anything that a person feels is such... something I warned about in 1992 with the NSW 'law reform commission'.

The imagination part comes in the utterly mistaken belief that each and every case of 'domestic violence' as described under this false paradigm implies actual violence/injury etc, when the reality is that in NSW - the most populous state - 97% of such cases involve ZERO direct violence of any kind.

Similarly, when there is a clearly designed campaign to confuse the public mind and the judiciary by conflating ALL allegations o sexual misconduct under the one roof - 'sexual assault' - not only does that diminish the very real issues or RAPE... but it leads to endless confusion and deliberately so, in the minds of the judiciary, juries and the general public as to the actual occurrence of RAPE.... which is THE minimal occurrence crime in our society.

Clearly the reason behind this is that it is, in reality, a disguised quest for power and control by not only the special interest group titled 'feminism', but also, by using it as a direct tool against the power of the individual in society - by government and its agencies.  What it most emphatically is not - is a process for ensuring that right it done to all equally under our laws.

Should this campaign to reduce the already flimsy rights of the defendant in any case go forward - that would be the end of all personal security for any individual.... not just men - if they come for men in the morning .... they will come for you at night.

I never speak these things lightly......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1392 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 11:54pm

He remains an innocent man until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt in a properly constituted court.

P.S.  If this affects his livelihood he can sue... if he is called 'rapist' by anyone he can sue.  Still scratching my head over this new 'boyfriend' crying for money - that's what society raises these days... opportunistic parasitic wimps who will try on anything.....
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2022 at 10:13am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1393 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:57am

John Smith wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:29pm:

When was he declared innocent? And what idiots on here say doesn't count  Roll Eyes

You are right, he didn't have to be declared innocent because he had the presumption innocence all along, it was Brittany who declared he was guilty and it was Drumgold, the lesbian the media and almost everyone else who assumed she was right and without proof.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1394 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 5:58am

Johnnie wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:57am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:29pm:

You are right, he didn't have to be declared innocent because he had the presumption innocence all along, it was Brittany who declared he was guilty and it was Drumgold, the lesbian the media and almost everyone else who assumed she was right and without proof.

Everyone has a presumption of innocence unless proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean  everyone is innocent  Roll Eyes

Your argument is that if I punch you in the face today, I didn't punch you in the face until a court says so.
It is irrelevant what a court says, one doesn't need to be convicted to be guilty.  One only needs to be convicted before they can be punished under our laws.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 101
Send Topic Print