No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36049 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1395 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 7:36am

John Smith wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 5:58am:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:57am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 8:29pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 7:36pm:
I just hope now the media can get behind Bruce the same way they did for Bittany now that he has been declared an innocent man.

Go get em Bruce, go straight for the Jugular in Drumgold Lisa&Co, save Brittany for last.

When was he declared innocent? And what idiots on here say doesn't count  Roll Eyes

You are right, he didn't have to be declared innocent because he had the presumption innocence all along, it was Brittany who declared he was guilty and it was Drumgold, the lesbian the media and almost everyone else who assumed she was right and without proof.

Everyone has a presumption of innocence unless proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean  everyone is innocent  Roll Eyes

Your argument is that if I punch you in the face today, I didn't punch you in the face until a court says so.
It is irrelevant what a court says, one doesn't need to be convicted to be guilty.  One only needs to be convicted before they can be punished under our laws.

What's more, Johnnie doesn't get to talk about you punching him in the face. Or else we get to call him a whore.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1396 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 8:09am

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 9:02pm:
Okay.  You 'Thomases of Doubt and Ignorance.'  First you Grappler.

You have asked me about Lehrmann and his having 'form.' 

Watch.

Second...you Grappler and all others who have no idea how a civil trial works.

Watch. (I have said here often that Lehrmann will not go to any civil trial because that means he MUST get in the witness box.  That, to adopt the expression used in the programme is 'like going back into the lions' den to get your hat.')

http://iview.abc.net.au/video/FA2135H043S00

If that link does not work....it is to this evening's Media Watch on ABC.

Aussie

Thus far ALL YOUR PREDICTIONS haven't eventuated.

I hope THIS one does.  Roll Eyes

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #1397 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 11:04am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 12th, 2022 at 9:29pm:

...Similarly, when there is a clearly designed campaign to confuse the public mind and the judiciary by conflating ALL allegations o sexual misconduct under the one roof - 'sexual assault' - not only does that diminish the very real issues or RAPE... but it leads to endless confusion and deliberately so, in the minds of the judiciary, juries and the general public as to the actual occurrence of RAPE.... which is THE minimal occurrence crime in our society.

Yes, I agree.

Higgins should've reported a case of aggravated sexual assault by her
alleged assailant, rather than "rape" specifically.      In hindsight she
would've had a far more believable and more easily proven accusation
against Lehrmann.

Rape involves penetration of one of the female's bodily orifices with a part
of the rapist's body and/or a foreign object.  Sexual assault can be touching
the breasts or genitals, patting hair, kissing or hugging, touching over the
top of or under clothing, using sexual language, masturbating either self
or victim, or even suggestive cyber-bullying.

But those acts are NOT rape.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1398 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 11:08am

I just hope now the media can get behind Bruce the same way they did for Bittany now that he has been declared an innocent man.

Go get em Bruce, go straight for the Jugular in Drumgold Lisa&Co, save Brittany for last.

When was he declared innocent? And what idiots on here say doesn't count  Roll Eyes

You are right, he didn't have to be declared innocent because he had the presumption innocence all along, it was Brittany who declared he was guilty and it was Drumgold, the lesbian the media and almost everyone else who assumed she was right and without proof.

Everyone has a presumption of innocence unless proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean  everyone is innocent  Roll Eyes

Your argument is that if I punch you in the face today, I didn't punch you in the face until a court says so.
It is irrelevant what a court says, one doesn't need to be convicted to be guilty.  One only needs to be convicted before they can be punished under our laws.

There are severe penalties for false allegations and if you can't prove allegations in court you are open to litigation.

Somebody should remind Drumgold of his job description because it's his job to seek justice and not to take sides.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1399 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:03pm

You are way too thick for this, Gino. You confuse accusation with conviction, accusations with charges, charges with proofs.
If you punch me in the face and I don't report it to the police then there is no legal dimension to whatever happened. There is no legal guilt or innocence to it, no legal norms and thresholds are present.  If I hit back it is not because you are legally guilty and I am punishing you for your guilt even though I should have presumed your innocence. 

But WHEN THE LAW GETS INVOLVED we tread differently boards. Then legal norms and thresholds come into play.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1400 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:38pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 8:09am:

Watch.

Watch. (I have said here often that Lehrmann will not go to any civil trial because that means he MUST get in the witness box.  That, to adopt the expression used in the programme is 'like going back into the lions' den to get your hat.')

Aussie

Did you watch the TV programme?  Did you see where it was stated as fact that Lehrmann has form for this?  Did you see where several Lawyers agree with me, that Lehrmann will never get anywhere near a civil Trial because to do so means he HAS to get in the witness box?

What were these predictions you say I made?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1401 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:58pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:38pm:

Watch.

Aussie

Did you watch the TV programme?  Did you see where it was stated as fact that Lehrmann has form for this?  Did you see where several Lawyers agree with me, that Lehrmann will never get anywhere near a civil Trial because to do so means he HAS to get in the witness box?

1. I did not watch that program which was essentially based on tough talking tittle tattle tripe.

2. ALL of your predictions in this matter.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1402 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:09pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 12:58pm:

Watch.

Aussie

1. I did not watch that program which was essentially based on tough talking tittle tattle tripe.

The ONLY prediction I made was that Lehrmann will never go to any civil trial because that means he MUST get in the box, something he was determined NOT to do in the criminal trial, and that was a huge risk.

Watch the programme, then comment.  You will learn stuff.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1403 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:16pm

Watch.

Aussie

Go to the 5.36 minute mark.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/ep-43/101762612

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1404 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:19pm

And for Grappler:

Link.

The "form" of which I posted.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1405 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:33pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:09pm:

Watch.

Aussie

The ONLY prediction I made was that Lehrmann will never go to any civil trial because that means he MUST get in the box, something he was determined NOT to do in the criminal trial, and that was a huge risk.

Okkkkay. I'll watch it tonight after I finish my chores and online grocery shopping.

AND FYI I was gardening yesterday and I found my thoughts coming back to this topic (I'm very reflective when gardening ok).

I STILL don't know who to believe.

What I kept coming back to was this :

1. She opened her mouth too much and/or too late.

2. He never opened his mouth at all.

3. His silence frustrated her so that made her talk EVEN MORE. Mid trial too! At pressers! And on Facebook/Instagram ffs!

4. I've concluded that the trial was never really about rape (that was merely the side) the main course was really about the preservation of the presumption of innocence upon which our legal system is based.

5. DumbGold from Mt Druitt did not see that coming. When the $h1t hit the fan of his office he then went into full on panic and damage control mode. He looked around for a shield. He found that shield in Brittany's mental health to save his arse. When that wasn't enough (international lawyers handed him his arse through scathing feedback) DumbGold from Mt Druitt turned on the police themselves. For what? They told him they were concerned about the lack of evidence.

6. I'm tired of saying this but here it is again : DumbGold is THE underlying reason why this matter is such a mess. He needs to be shafted ASAP!

7. Whilst here .... I'd like to see more females sitting in DPP positions. Why? I think we could be more of SERVICE to the PUBLIC than DumbGold.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #1406 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:41pm

Watch.

Aussie

That last will be a 100% dud prediction! Larry doesn’t learn because Larry lives in drug induced fantasy land.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1407 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:46pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:33pm:

Watch.

Aussie

Okkkkay. I'll watch it tonight after I finish my chores and online grocery shopping.

AND FYI I was gardening yesterday and I found my thoughts coming back to this topic (I'm very reflective when gardening ok).

I STILL don't know who to believe.

What I kept coming back to was this :

1. She opened her mouth too much and/or too late.

2. He never opened his mouth at all.

3. His silence frustrated her so that made her talk EVEN MORE. Mid trial too! At pressers! And on Facebook/Instagram ffs!

4. I've concluded that the trial was never really about rape (that was merely the side) the main course was really about the preservation of the presumption of innocence upon which our legal system is based.

5. DumbGold from Mt Druitt did not see that coming. When the $h1t hit the fan of his office he then went into full on panic and damage control mode. He looked around for a shield. He found that shield in Brittany's mental health to save his arse. When that wasn't enough (international lawyers handed him his arse through scathing feedback) DumbGold from Mt Druitt turned on the police themselves. For what? They told him they were concerned about the lack of evidence.

6. I'm tired of saying this but here it is again : DumbGold is THE underlying reason why this matter is such a mess. He needs to be shafted ASAP!

7. Whilst here .... I'd like to see more females sitting in DPP positions. Why? I think we could be more of SERVICE to the PUBLIC than DumbGold.

Forgot to add this : His legal representation. Interesting who he hired....and who he will hire when he sues for damages.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #1408 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:10pm

I'm sick of the pair of them and I hate it that taxpayers are going to end up giving them hundreds of $ Thousands for being a pair of dumb ratbags.  Angry

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1409 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:15pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:10pm:
I'm sick of the pair of them and I hate it that taxpayers are going to end up giving them hundreds of $ Thousands for being a pair of dumb ratbags.  Angry

Millions/person.

1. Bruce
2. Brittany
3. Brittany's latest boyfriend who is the spitting image of Bruce.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 101
Send Topic Print