No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 36008 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged - settlement
Reply #1455 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:01am

Aussie wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:57am:
mothra wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 6:59am:
Aussie wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 5:39pm:
I'll leave the rest of the stuff about your Son and his Law education alone. 

How the mighty have fallen.

Roll Eyes

Like i'm wrong.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1456 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:16am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 10:30pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 5:09pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 4:54pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:49pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 10:47am:
Frank wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 9:18am:
By STAFF REPORTERS
6:25AM DECEMBER 14, 2022
A confidential settlement has been reached between Brittany Higgins and the commonwealth in the wake of the former Liberal Party staffer’s claims that she was raped at Parliament House.

Lawyer Noor Blumer, acting for Ms Higgins, issued a statement on Tuesday night.

“At a mediation held today, the commonwealth and Ms Higgins settled her claims,” Ms Blumer said. “At the request of Ms Higgins, the parties have agreed that the terms of the settlement are confidential.”

The agreement came after a day of mediation.

Yep. Nothing about that surprises me.

So right now Brittany needs to wait for the tax funded cheque to issue and clear in her bank account.

After that her creepy Bruce lookalike hanger on boyfriend will "support" Brittany in buying a house together.

After 12 months of that ... her creepy current boyfriend will announce that they've parted ways and would like the public to respect their privacy whilst he grabs half of the value of the asset.

I've seen these scenarios way too many times. Unfortunately.

And if he does that, he will get five eighths of fuq all, having been with her for at best 18 months.  Maybe 50% of the interest earned on any settlement she received from this settlement, at best.  Lisa Jones, you know SFA about Family Law so I really suggest you not offer comments as though you are experienced/qualifed sufficiently to do so.

Yes Aussie (you complete clueless moron)...what would I know about Family Law after surviving its court processes which stretched over a period of 2 years and cost me over a million dollars in fees.

Roll Eyes

Aussie??? Has the penny dropped yet as you WHY my eldest son is currently finishing off his 3rd University degree? This time ....in LAW?

The poor kid never forgot what I went through. And despite my protests he's determined to work IN Family Law!

Now could we get back to the topic? 😐

Sure.....but let's do so without you telling us that the current Higgins boyfriend will get a large slice of the Higgin's payout. 

1. Thank you, regarding my boy (who I worry about). I can now see my divorce has impacted his life to such an extent that he feels he needs to spend his life representing women and children who are escaping domestic violence and in particular who are experiencing systems abuse. In a Family Law context this type of abuse is perpetrated by 1 party who has significant resources, influence and clout. It is in effect ...an extension of domestic violence using the legal process as a weapon.

2. Brittany's current Bruce lookalike boyfriend hanger on is creepy and has already ruined 1 girl's life. That's right Aussie ...his ex wife has tried to remain quiet but she has a lot to say about him. The sooner Brittany loses this hanger on - the better!

3. Re percentages ...you have absolutely NO IDEA how these are calculated and THEN changed once 1 side (usually the male) ... threatens to litigate until nothing is left. Financial agreements are discussed behind closed doors. And lawyers have no trouble giving you the bottom line : litigate it away or agree now and save yourself SOME money.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #1457 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:23am

We'll never know the payout Higgins received, but I'd bet it's a beaut!

The Commonwealth wanted done of this whole saga, so even meeting Higgins' numbers would have been chump change compared to the weeping sore of media attention more legal action would have caused.

Hopefully, Peter Fitzsimons will resign from the Australian Republic movement and stick to tennis, but I'd bet he won't. Like a phoenix, he and his wife, (and other media bipolar and narcissistic personalities), will likely rise from the ashes of this mess and find another 'cause' to again raise their public profile to national status - probably as 'victims' themselves this time.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1458 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:24am

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1459 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:24am

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1460 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:33am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:23am:
We'll never know the payout Higgins received, but I'd bet it's a beaut!

The Commonwealth wanted done of this whole saga, so even meeting Higgins' numbers would have been chump change compared to the weeping sore of media attention more legal action would have caused.

Hopefully, Peter Fitzsimons will resign from the Australian Republic movement and stick to tennis, but I'd bet he won't. Like a phoenix, he and his wife, (and other media bipolar and narcissistic personalities), will likely rise from the ashes of this mess and find another 'cause' to again raise their public profile to national status - probably as 'victims' themselves this time.

This cringeworthy saga only ever had 2 victims. And both were repeatedly raped, insulted and assaulted in full view of the world.

• The Truth

• The Tax Payer

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1461 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:04am

mothra wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:01am:

Roll Eyes

Like i'm wrong.

Yes you are wrong, and not for the first time.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1462 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:13am

Aussie wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:04am:
mothra wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:01am:

Roll Eyes

Like i'm wrong.

Yes you are wrong, and not for the first time.

No. I don't think so.

Although you're probably right on your second point.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1463 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:25am

In an age where the concept of privacy has been unended and reversed, it matters less now whether you become a public figure for better or, more particularly, for worse than at any time in history.

In a probable future where everyone is a public figure, there will be nothing to fear by becoming one, so now is a good time to cause a public furore while government entities still fear public scrutiny - and cash in on the political anxiety - because it won't last forever.

Soon no one will care about the lurid backstories of potential and actual political figures (as we are seeing in the US) and Australian politicians soon won't care if they become infamous because of them.

When that happens, the 'victim-money' industry will be like a dying gold rush town so, 'victims', get in quick while there's still gold in them there halls of power.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #1464 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:40am

A secretive compensation payment worth up to $3m to Brittany Higgins has seen
the Federal government slammed for a lack of transparency as officials refuse to
discuss whether legal advice was sought and claims tested

The payout to Higgins is a settlement of a Comcover claim for sexual harassment,
sex discrimination, disability discrimination, negligence, and victimisation.

It's apparently for her future economic loss, past economic loss, general damages
of future assistance with at-home care, and past and future out-of-pocket expenses
of a further $150,000.

I note that the actual cash amount agreed to by the Commonwealth will remain a
secret after Higgins imposed that condition on her settlement.  How can it be that
the taxpayers—you and me—who funded this ridiculous payout cannot be a party
to its dollar value?

Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #1465 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:42am

Aussie wrote on Dec 14th, 2022 at 1:19pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 1:19pm:
And for Grappler:

Link.

The "form" of which I posted.

Hello, hello, hello......cooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Grappler?  Where are you Grappler?  Come out come out out out Grappler!  You can run but you can't hide from the facts.

"Grappler...Grappler to the front desk please!"

Third and final attempt......

"Grappler...Grappler to the front desk please!"

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1466 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:43am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:25am:
In an age where the concept of privacy has been unended and reversed, it matters less now whether you become a public figure for better or, more particularly, for worse than at any time in history.

In a probable future where everyone is a public figure, there will be nothing to fear by becoming one, so now is a good time to cause a public furore while government entities still fear public scrutiny - and cash in on the political anxiety - because it won't last forever.

Soon no one will care about the lurid backstories of potential and actual political figures (as we are seeing in the US) and Australian politicians soon won't care if they become infamous because of them.

When that happens, the 'victim-money' industry will be like a dying gold rush town so, 'victims', get in quick while there's still gold in them there halls of power.

👆 Good post! I was reminded of Brittany's active social media pages and that of her current boyfriend/hanger on.

Right through the bloody trial!

No privacy controls anywhere there...everything private was available for public consumption. In fact it was like some exhibition. She was showing off her father's Porsche even!

Bruce on the other hand did the right thing and the exact opposite of all that : He sat quiet. And remained private on social media.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1467 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:46am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:40am:
I note that the actual cash amount agreed to by the Commonwealth will remain a secret after Higgins imposed that condition on her settlement.

I'd bet that condition imposed by Higgins was part of the deal for her to receive the amount she was asking for.

Had the Commonwealth imposed that condition, it might have been reversed due to public outrage and more negative media coverage - but not now - the victim has spoken.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #1468 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:50am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:46am:
...Had the Commonwealth imposed that condition, it might have been reversed due to public outrage and more negative media coverage - but not now - the victim has spoken.

Uh... the alleged victim.     Wink

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1469 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:54am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:50am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 9:46am:
...Had the Commonwealth imposed that condition, it might have been reversed due to public outrage and more negative media coverage - but not now - the victim has spoken.

Uh... the alleged victim.     Wink

'Alleged' is irrelevant now.

As Jung might have quipped, the archetype of 'victim' is currently entrenched, and has been apotheosised, in our society's collective unconscious.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101
Send Topic Print