No    
  17 (81.0%)
Not sure    
  1 (4.8%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Oct 22nd, 2022 at 7:49am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins (Read 35945 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trial of Brittany Higgins's alleged rapist begins
Reply #75 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:04pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 7:57pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 7:26pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 7:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 7:19pm:
Sad, but not surprising, that so many forum members here are openly condoning rape.

Oh, no. We are condemning false allegations of rape.

You have proof of false allegations of rape?

Or are you condoning rape?

It's one or the other.

Yes.

Let's see it then.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #76 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:05pm

The duration between the act of rape and it being reported to authorities as credible is said to be about a month, according to a magistrate I have spoken to about the matter. He would not want to entertain a rape trial in which someone has taken much longer than a month to report a complaint to the police. Making a complaint over a year after the alleged act, he would just dismiss the case before it went to trial. That is unless the defendant admits to raping the complainant.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #77 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:04pm:
Sad, but not surprising, that so many forum members here are openly condoning rape.

It's one or the other.

Yes.

Let's see it then.

You missed the rest of the statement that you conveniently redacted.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:17pm

It's one or the other.

Yes. The proof is the length of time it took Brittany to make an allegation of rape to police. A magistrate will not consider that a rape has taken place after a long period of time has elapsed between an allegation and a report made to police.

Tell me....how long did it take her to do that?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #79 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:41pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 16th, 2022 at 8:17pm:

It's one or the other.

Yes. The proof is the length of time it took Brittany to make an allegation of rape to police. A magistrate will not consider that a rape has taken place after a long period of time has elapsed between an allegation and a report made to police.

Tell me....how long did it take her to do that?

Higgins allegedly made a rape complaint against Lehrmann in the days after the rape was alleged to have been committed. She later withdrew the complaint in the following April -- 3 weeks later. February 15, 2020, Higgins makes the announcement that she will be taking the matter up with police.

At least 10 months pass before she makes a formal complaint to police (for which she has not since withdrawn). That is about 10 months too long to make a complaint to anyone. Given that the security could have verified the whereabouts of Lehrmann being with Higgins at the time. Given that DNA tests could have been conducted on the couch to show who was where at the time of March 22 in Parliament House. Security footage could have been obtained by March 23rd, before they were mysteriously 'erased'.

Let us just either consider that Higgins had bungled up a potential "slam dunk" investigation because of her own incompetence, or concern about her career. Otherwise, we can conclude that Lehrmann is an innocent victim of a false rape allegation.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #80 - Oct 16th, 2022 at 9:18pm

Holy Testimonies, Batman..... this gets odder by the moment...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/14/brittany-higgins-addresse...

What has Brown to say about the meeting on 26th March,2019??

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #81 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 7:46pm

I haven't seen any forum members actively "condoning" rape Greg.

What we are questioning is Higgins' possible fabrication of her
rape story, which at this stage is totally without one iota of supporting
evidence; even circumstantial.

Lisa Wilkinson, the well-known media whore, effectively judged and
condemned Lehrmann as a rapist, and unquestioningly accepted
Higgins' story at face value.  Which is why people were calling for
Wilkinson to be charged with contempt of court.

If you'd care too, can you cite some member comments that are
specifically condoning rape?

As an aside, at this point in the Higgins case, surely the phrase "sexual
assault" should be used—rather than the emotive trigger word "rape"?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 8:12pm

AusGeoff wrote on Oct 17th, 2022 at 7:46pm:

I haven't seen any forum members actively "condoning" rape Greg.

What we are questioning is Higgins' possible fabrication of her
rape story, which at this stage is totally without one iota of supporting
evidence; even circumstantial.

Not circumstantial at all.  That there possibly was sexual activity is supported by the fact she was found naked by that security guard in, of all places, the accused's Ministerial suite, and her 'recent complaint.'

Quote:
Lisa Wilkinson, the well-known media whore, effectively judged and
condemned Lehrmann as a rapist, and unquestioningly accepted
Higgins' story at face value.  Which is why people were calling for
Wilkinson to be charged with contempt of court.

If you'd care too, can you cite some member comments that are
specifically condoning rape?

As an aside, at this point in the Higgins case, surely the phrase "sexual
assault" should be used—rather than the emotive trigger word "rape"?

No.  On her evidence, she was penetrated, i.e. raped, not merely sexually assaulted (eg...had her boobs handled.)  In any event, he denies there was ANY sexual event.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #83 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 9:04pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 17th, 2022 at 8:12pm:
...That there possibly was sexual activity is supported by the fact she was found naked by that security guard in, of all places, the accused's Ministerial suite, and her 'recent complaint.'

Not so.  The fact that she was allegedly found naked does not in any way,
shape or form prove that she was raped.

Aussie wrote on Oct 17th, 2022 at 8:12pm:
No.  On her evidence, she was penetrated, i.e. raped, not merely sexually assaulted (eg...had her boobs handled.)  In any event, he denies there was ANY sexual event.

Again, not so.  Higgins has presented zero evidence supporting her allegation.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 9:13pm

Now I'm not saying the girl is making this up.... and I'm not saying the guy is making it up as well..... it has to be judged on the available evidence, which is very... very thin at this time that an event took place.

As for the old worn-out 'rape apologist' line - that's nothing to do with facts and everything to do with trying to sway the whole thing one way regardless of the facts.

It works for the ravening mob with blood in their eye who will leap on this as proof absolute of guilt...

Peccary - you have no right, at this stage, to use the term 'rape' - it is alleged rape.... therefore there can be no concept of 'condoning rape' by anyone discussing this issue.... and we will not, under any circumstances and least of all by caving in to the madness of any ravening crowd, have 'guilt by accusation' as the law of this land!!

Twenty days for contempt.... Bubba - show him the way to the cells........
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2022 at 9:18pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 10:41pm

Now I have a funny way of looking at things.... and you knooooow how much absolute respect I have for former Army Reserve Generals in support service areas ........... but riddle me this.......... if there was no suggestion of any criminal wrongdoing, apart from some breach of security which astounds me still because if it was why were the security staff not online with it.... then why would Brittany Higgins need or want counselling, as stated by Reynolds today in her testimony?

Tell you what - we'll leave that one for the moment....

Now - if there was a security breach that demanded the sacking of one staff member.... and that security breach was by two staff members.... why was there any difference in treatment and handling?  General?  Why was the man sacked and the woman offered counselling if she wanted it  - for a breach of security?

If there was indeed a breach of security....... why then were they allowed into the offices at all??

Might it not be more reasonable to suggest that the 'security breach' was a cover for something more serious reported to you?  And that there was no genuine security breach under the then rules?

So what was the reason for the sacking, General?

(ain't I a bastard?)....................

P.S.  Maybe the dork did it... I have no way of knowing..... but if he did...... he deserves a good kick in the arse... if not - she deserves a good kick in the arse.... and if it was a campaign to become a new Joan of Arc and be elected on a rush of emotion.... it's not working....
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2022 at 2:08am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Oct 18th, 2022 at 5:32am

What continues to break my heart is that even in this day and, if a woman does not submit to immediate forensic examination post rape, she has no evidence.

And so accusations of rape come down to "he said/she said".

So little compassion for a person who is undeniably in a state of shock after being horrifically violated. So little understanding of what that might do to a person.

And just look! When a person comes forward, what do they meet?

Shame on the lot of you. You utterly sicken me.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 18th, 2022 at 6:08am

mothra wrote on Oct 18th, 2022 at 5:32am:
What continues to break my heart is that even in this day and, if a woman does not submit to immediate forensic examination post rape, she has no evidence.

So little compassion for a person who is undeniably in a state of shock after being horrifically violated. So little understanding of what that might do to a person.

You assume her innocence just like Lisa, nothing of what she has been saying in court can be substatiated and no one is backing her up, proceedings are due to be wrapped up this friday weeks before the allocated time given. She was drunk as a skunk in the wrong place at the wrong time and and cried rape to save her job, the bloke that has been accused of rape has had his life destroyed, that's my opinion just as you have yours, go and be as sick as you like.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Oct 18th, 2022 at 6:11am

Johnnie wrote on Oct 18th, 2022 at 6:08am:

You assume her innocence just like Lisa, nothing of what she has been saying in court can be substatiated and no one is backing her up, proceedings are due to be wrapped up this friday weeks before the allocated time given. She was drunk as a skunk in the wrong place at the wrong time and and cried rape to save her job, the bloke that has been accused of rape has had his life destroyed, that's my opinion just as you have yours, go and be as sick as you like.

I'm not assuming anything. I just think it's hilarious that all of you butt-hurt misogynists think that demonising her makes you any better than those demonising him.

Him, who took a drunk woman back to his office in the middle of the night and left her there. Naked.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 18th, 2022 at 8:28am

mothra wrote on Oct 18th, 2022 at 6:11am:
Johnnie wrote on Oct 18th, 2022 at 6:08am:

I'm not assuming anything. I just think it's hilarious that all of you butt-hurt misogynists think that demonising her makes you any better than those demonising him.

Him, who took a drunk woman back to his office in the middle of the night and left her there. Naked.

Her, who got so pissed she could barely stand up and made a decision to accompany him to the office.

Neither of this pair come out of this looking good. Did they have sex? Probably. Was it consensual? Who knows? There is a chance that the court may find she was too drunk to give informed consent.

There is certainly a possibility that Higgins was raped. There is also a possiblilty that she woke up with a raging hangover and thought "What the f-k did I do that for?" and there is another possibility that no sex happened at all.

As I have said, no one comes out of this looking good.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 101
Send Topic Print