Reply #120 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:01pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 2:04pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 16th, 2022 at 10:01pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 16th, 2022 at 7:35pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 16th, 2022 at 2:39pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 16th, 2022 at 1:49pm:
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

how dare they make me vote (sarc)

Wasn't it you who said that if you put the Libs and Labs last on the ballot paper, they still get your vote?

You should make an effort to understand exactly how your vote works before you criticise the system

You told me already how it works ... you said it goes to the Libs and Labs anyway

If I remember correctly, you said "They still get your vote" (if they were placed last and second last on the ballot paper)

except when the other party gets enough votes to actually win

Again, if I remember correctly, you said that in a later post, not your first one

Actually, I've been trying to work out how low the Lib's and Lab's primary vote would have to go before all their preference votes would be ineffective for them to form government. What I've deduced so far is that if their primary vote dropped to say 25%, the electorate would start to question the validity and integrity of preferential votes, because it would mean the major parties are getting more preference votes than primary votes. So would a party be prevented from forming government if they got more preference votes than primary votes .... something to think about!

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Red Wave
Reply #121 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:27pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:01pm:
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Wasn't it you who said that if you put the Libs and Labs last on the ballot paper, they still get your vote?

You should make an effort to understand exactly how your vote works before you criticise the system

You told me already how it works ... you said it goes to the Libs and Labs anyway

If I remember correctly, you said "They still get your vote" (if they were placed last and second last on the ballot paper)

Again, if I remember correctly, you said that in a later post, not your first one

Actually, I've been trying to work out how low the Lib's and Lab's primary vote would have to go before all their preference votes would be ineffective for them to form government. What I've deduced so far is that if their primary vote dropped to say 25%, the electorate would start to question the validity and integrity of preferential votes, because it would mean the major parties are getting more preference votes than primary votes. So would a party be prevented from forming government if they got more preference votes than primary votes .... something to think about!

so what if I said it later. when I made my first post I didn't feel I needed to explain every intricate details of how our electoral system works just to make a comment on a chat board. I, wrongfully it seems,  assumed that grown adults who had been voting for decades had a clue about how it worked. Especially given that they're on a political forum.  It turned out I was wrong.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:06pm

Where the red wave was reflected in votes counted was in Florida where Ron DeSantis won 59.4 per cent of the vote. This was not only because he has proved to be an excellent governor, but also because he wisely closed the door to fraud in ‘mail-in’ voting and ballot harvesting, while cleansing the roll of the dead and requiring voter ID.

Rather than pointing to systemic fraud and gerrymandering as reasons for the failure of the red wave being reflected in seats won, the usual suspects, and not only Democrats, the never-Trumpers, RINOs, the mainstream and social media, but also panicking Republican grandees, joined together in blaming Donald Trump.

They have foolishly made him the ubiquitous and principal enemy of the people, just as Emmanuel Goldstein was in the Oceania of Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four.

The mainstream media might as well host a daily two-minute Trump hate session at 11am similar to Goldstein’s.

The fact is that as in 2016, when the lead contenders were Donald Trump and the excellent Ted Cruz, the Republicans have a veritable stable of quality choices for worthy future US presidents and thereby leaders of the free world.

The Democrats, now a neo-Marxist rabble, have none.
David Flint

No fraud - Republicans win.

Australians should not feign superiority. Our electoral system is more open to fraud than most comparable countries.

In 1983, the Hawke government legislated to make it ‘easier to vote’. So instead of voting in a nearby subdivisional polling station, I found I could vote in about 40 places, all without ID or any controls. Even when controls became easily available through the internet, they were never installed. Then in the middle of the 2010 election, the High Court moved against John Howard’s blocking of the usual tsunami of fraudulent, unverifiable enrolments in the week after the calling of an election. Declaring it unconstitutional, the Court waited until near Christmas to publish their unconvincing reasons and reveal their decision was taken by the narrowest majority. Meanwhile, GetUp! boasted it had 100,000 additional names inserted onto the rolls.
https://www.spectator.com.au/2022/11/red-wave-was-no-trickle-it-was-real/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #123 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:16pm

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Quote:
What I've deduced so far is that if their primary vote dropped to say 25%

This would most likely mean that one of the minority party's primary vote would have risen to the point where they could form government.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:18pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 5:27pm:
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

so what if I said it later. when I made my first post I didn't feel I needed to explain every intricate details of how our electoral system works just to make a comment on a chat board. I, wrongfully it seems,  assumed that grown adults who had been voting for decades had a clue about how it worked. Especially given that they're on a political forum.  It turned out I was wrong.

Tell us another one

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:22pm

Frank wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:06pm:
Where the red wave was reflected in votes counted was in Florida where Ron DeSantis won 59.4 per cent of the vote. This was not only because he has proved to be an excellent governor, but also because he wisely closed the door to fraud in ‘mail-in’ voting and ballot harvesting, while cleansing the roll of the dead and requiring voter ID

Very wise moves by DeSantis, they're exactly what the voters would have wanted too

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 7:12pm

What I've deduced so far is that if their primary vote dropped to say 25%

Dnarever wrote on Nov 17th, 2022 at 6:16pm:
This would most likely mean that one of the minority party's primary vote would have risen to the point where they could form government.

That would be great, finally the major parties monopoly on politics would be gone and they won't be major party any longer - can't wait!

All votes should hold 100% of their value ... as it is now, mine get discarded and thrown in the bin, because I voted for the "wrong" candidate, my whole life that's been happening whenever I've voted. So I don't vote anymore, for me it's waste of time and expense

I'm looking forward to the time when my vote counts for something, then I'll start voting againi

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 1:37pm

Wife beater and walking advertisement for helmets - Herschel Walker - has been defeated in the Georgia runoff by incumbent Raphael Warnock.

The Senate is now 51 to 49, in the Dem's favour.

"Red wave"   Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #128 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:48pm

TRUMP

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:55pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:48pm:
TRUMP

Yes.

Another Trump-endorsed candidate lost   Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #130 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:57pm

Who cares if Trump wins or loses.
He had nothing to lose in the first place.
What matters is that he makes you froth at the mouth.  Grin

Peccary: The Forum's biggest liar, fraud and soccer b*itch.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:58pm

99% of the vote counted now, and Warnock is 85,000 votes ahead of the wife beater/werewolf.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2022/results/georgia/senate-runoff

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #132 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 3:00pm

And you're a homo-erotic deviant and stalker of members on this board with your chum John Smith and Doxxer Monk.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 3:02pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 7th, 2022 at 2:57pm:
Who cares if Trump wins or loses.
He had nothing to lose in the first place.
What matters is that he makes you froth at the mouth.  Grin

Peccary: The Forum's biggest liar, fraud and soccer b*itch.

I see. So America's leadership doesn't really matter. What's important is to rile up Greggery.

Does this adequately encapsulate your social-political world view, JaSin?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #134 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 3:05pm

The fear here is that the red wave was squashed but it may be temporary as the situation driving the red wave still persists but was overridden by the crazies threat to democracy. It is possible that if the Republicans do not go with Trump the red wave could surge in 2024 with no crazy leader to frighten the voters they could easily vote on the economic lies from the right..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print