The Red Wave (Read 3234 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The Red Wave
Reply #15 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 3:41pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 9:19am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 8:48am:
It's hard to overestimate the rising tide of the ultra-religious, Christian fundamentalist conservative resentment building in the US bible belt and throughout the southern US.

The socio-cultural engineering experimentation over the last few years has more than alarmed this demographic - they're convinced it's satanic.

"Ah gaht mah mahnd made up, an' mah heart is raht, an' ahm goin' with Jesus awl tha way".

That's more than an affirmation from this demographic - it's a mortal threat to those who stand in their way.

Their Jesus is not a peacenik turning the other cheek, he's a warrior messiah.

Quote:
It's hard to overestimate the rising tide of the ultra-religious, Christian fundamentalist conservative

It is also difficult to measure the pro Roe v Wade Woman's rights vote. This is a group many of which normally don't vote who will this time. This is a direct parallel to the Trump Base who voted for the first time in 2016.

Both a dynamic that the polls likely will not measure till after the election. Several recent election votes fell victim to this. One state was polling republicans by 4% the actual vote went Dems by 16% A 20% swing against the republicans that they didn't see coming.

One scenario could see this applying across the board, probably not the most likely outcome but it is possible.

Yes, that may have an effect.
I think biden will lose some seats.

I think the US is in real trouble for a good leader.
Not Trump, not Biden, not kamala Harris.
Pence?

We had a run of Leaders that were voted out.
It was bad for the country

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 4:15pm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 4:42pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 3:41pm:
It's hard to overestimate the rising tide of the ultra-religious, Christian fundamentalist conservative resentment building in the US bible belt and throughout the southern US.

The socio-cultural engineering experimentation over the last few years has more than alarmed this demographic - they're convinced it's satanic.

"Ah gaht mah mahnd made up, an' mah heart is raht, an' ahm goin' with Jesus awl tha way".

That's more than an affirmation from this demographic - it's a mortal threat to those who stand in their way.

Quote:
It's hard to overestimate the rising tide of the ultra-religious, Christian fundamentalist conservative

It is also difficult to measure the pro Roe v Wade Woman's rights vote. This is a group many of which normally don't vote who will this time. This is a direct parallel to the Trump Base who voted for the first time in 2016.

Both a dynamic that the polls likely will not measure till after the election. Several recent election votes fell victim to this. One state was polling republicans by 4% the actual vote went Dems by 16% A 20% swing against the republicans that they didn't see coming.

One scenario could see this applying across the board, probably not the most likely outcome but it is possible.

Pence?

They say not another Trump term.
But I think the vast majority certainly don't want another Biden term more so.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 4:54pm

scope wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 1:43pm:

Quote:

Roe Vs Wade is simmering in the background,a short time back the polls indicated a Dem win based on the Roe Vs wade decision, now its close in most seats a 3 or 4 % margin, however I believe the Republicans are in for a few shocks, seats they expect to win easily may not go their way simply because they think that the decision has faded away from peoples minds.

A recent Harvard poll indicates that 40% of Gen Z (18 to 29 yr olds) will definitely cast a vote in the mid terms, up from a lowly 12% back in 2018. The main reason given, they dont want another Trump

Its going to be interesting to see if the Dems can buck the mid term trends.

Quote:
a short time back the polls indicated a Dem win based on the Roe Vs wade decision, now its close in most seats a 3 or 4 % margin,

In the elections a few months back this was included in the projected results of small wins to the republicans when the real result of the election turned out to be 20 points out of kilter with the polls.

This 20 points are still not included in the polls - they have no idea what is is or where it came from, if it happened again it will be a blood bath.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 5:01pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 4:42pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 3:41pm:

Quote:

Pence?

They say not another Trump term.
But I think the vast majority certainly don't want another Biden term more so.

Let's put it to the test.

I hope the bloated orange alleged child rapist runs in 2024.

The look on his puffy face when he loses again (by 10,000,000 votes this time) will be priceless.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 5:04pm

Don't hold your breath Republicans.
The Media will go all out again to push the Biden mirage.
They're even going to make Focus 2 with Margot Robbie and Will Smith to help the manipulation of minds along in favour of the International Terrorist Democrats.

Maybe Musk will help the Republicans with the Internet side of things? Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 5:21pm

Boris wrote on Nov 5th, 2022 at 7:30am:
The Republicans will demolish the Democrats next week

Lol   Grin

You sure got that one wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I was expecting a red wave too, but it sure didn't turn out that way.

The Dems have actually flipped a senate seat - Fetterman has defeated fake Dr. Oz.

And, Democrat Josh Shapiro defeated far-right Republican Doug Mastriano in the Pennsylvania governor’s race.

The big loser tonight?  Trump.

Most of the candidates he endorsed are doing quite badly, whereas the ones who kept their distance from him have done very well.

It's been a clear message from American voters that they're tired of Trump's bullshit.

He'll be annihilated in 2024 if he runs.

Let's hope he does.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 5:42pm

This aged well, Boris!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 5:49pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 5:42pm:

This aged well, Boris!

Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: The puce ripple
Reply #24 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 6:00pm

Quote:
The Red Wave ?

The puce ripple

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 7:15pm

The pink trickle   Grin

Joe Biden defies history as Democrats dramatically outperform expectations in 2022 midterm elections

The US midterm elections are almost always a slap in the face of the president in power.

But in the face of a struggling economy, dire approval ratings and the slimmest of legislative majorities, Joe Biden has defied history with today's election results.

With a handful of Senate races and dozens of House of Representative races yet to be called, it appears possible that Biden's Democratic Party may have gained ground today.

Republicans needed to pick up a single seat to take control of the Senate. But at the count at the time of publishing, they are likelier to lose one.

And they needed to pick up five seats in the House of Representatives.

At the moment they have picked up seven seats, and lost two. There are 73 yet to be called.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 7:21pm

Joe Biden is the Third Most INCOMPETENT President ever

Nov 1, 2022

Not one thing has improved under Biden:

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 7:45pm

I think Republicans will get the House, senate may stay as it is.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 7:53pm

What a disaster for Trump   Grin

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The puce ripple
Reply #29 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 4:12am

Dnarever wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 6:00pm:
Quote:
The Red Wave ?

The puce ripple

Now now, Dnarever, that's rude. We wouldn't want our American friends to feel offended, now would we? Ah, the noble Grand Old Party. Or as Mr Trump calls it, puce-stained panties.

He loves a jolly old wheeze, no? The most honest prez maybe since George Washington. I mean, everybody's saying it, ya?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print