Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Peter Reith has died at age 72. (Read 1877 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Peter Reith has died at age 72.
Reply #30 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 9:11am

Aussie wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 8:26am:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 8:22am:
Aussie,
Quote:
And yes, Bobby is right....he did used animals to attack human beings,
and that is reflective of the man's 'integrity.'

Workers ended up in hospital with serious dog mauling injures but
it was covered up in the media.

Link.

Still not the full story - just hints:

MARK WILLACY: Whereas the wharfies didn't. Maybe because theirs, in most cases, were legitimate benefits albeit somewhat extravagant. So in a reversal of roles it's Labor setting the dogs onto Peter Reith, but unlike the waterfront dispute there's no protection from bodyguards in balaclavas.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 9:37am

Very interesting report by CMDR Banks.  Pity the media and the politicians were not interested in the truth.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #32 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 10:08am

I don't recall the death of anyone before triggering this much criticism about the person.

I would typically be horrified by this even when deserved. I almost always just be quiet on the topic.

In this case it is 100% understandable and deserved.

Peter well and truly earned this response.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 2:06pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 6:01am:
https://melbourneunitarian.org.au/files/beacons/Beacon-2020-11.pdf

In order to understand the propaganda being
disseminated by Patrick Corporation and the
federal government around the waterside dispute in
Sydney, it is important to recall the last time Patrick
Corporation decided to take on the union. There
were hard-to-forget tactics used by this company
against its workers then. Cast your minds back to
1998, when that company decided to sack its entire
waterside workforce.
Remember the hooded thugs,
the vicious dogs,

the lockout, the scabs imported
to take the place of unionised workers? Do you
also recall the generous support offered by the
then Minister for Industrial Relations in the Howard
government, Peter Reith, in all of this illegal activity?
The Australian waterfront dispute of 1998 was
an event in Australian industrial relations history,
in which the Patrick Corporation undertook a
restructuring of their operations for the purpose
of dismissing their workforce. The restructuring
by Patrick Corporation was later ruled illegal by
Australian courts.
– ABC news report on the Waterfront Dispute,
April 1998

I remember the Police linking arms and facing away from the unionists to face the scabs.  Well done.  Howard and Co. lied all the way on that on the children overboard scandal.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #34 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 4:06pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 11:40pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 11:10pm:
Absolute nonsense! I must say I'm quite shocked at what I'm reading here tonight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Australian_waterfront_dispute

We are talking CFMEU type Union here! Thugs! Stand over men! Lazy sods who hardly worked and yet had the nerve to demand unbelievable wages and conditions for doing SFA! And they had been getting away with it for decades. Australia's performance level on the waterfront was abysmally inefficient ... to the point where it had adversely affected our reputation with our trading partners!

It's ridiculous to even begin to discuss inefficient operations from the POV that it is the worker's fault - they have little to no power or control over the way things are done.  As for such nonsenses as 'feather bedding' - look at the politicians and managers who receive an extra dose of cash and perks just for being possibly available some time to take over from someone else who is away for any reason.

Sorry - it doesn't work that way - being the boss doesn't entitle you to better treatment and perks than those who do the work.  MANY a company has destroyed itself by promoting this feudal baron style of silliness long outdated in any civilised modern society.

Business and economies are a symbiotic relationship - and if one side deliberately poisons the other, both die.

Reith was nothing more than the perfect example of the totally deluded ideologue who did his master's bidding without any real idea or thought himself....well DUH!

Easy - just return to a full Award system and nobody can whine that things are no good.... would pharken stabilise inflation and the economy, too for a start, since wage costs and industrial relations would be more predictable... and the rules so much more simple and easy to follow instead of trying to rort your way around them .....

I cannot train fools....

Excellent post.

Of course all wannabee bosses dream of making it rich.

I know a franchisee who has become a multi millionare - the dream of all small business owners - on the back of his workers who are of course on very average award wages.   

And ditto for big business, meanwhile the increasing share of profits going to management over the last several decades is egregious.

At the moment in Parliament, a Coalition member is chastising Labor for wanting to increase workers' wages, saying business will have to lay off workers "in the real world" with its high business input costs....

Neither side are aware of the dysfunctional economic system itself which is the real problem. 

More rhetoric from the Coalition:

"small business is the foundation of the Oz economy".

Yes, though many (probably a majority) are by means as succesful as the one I mentioned above; hence these "bosses" rely on low wages for their workers, to keep the business viable. 

More indication of systemic dysfunction... while Labor can't lift taxes (if it wants to win elections) to compensate low-income people's cost of living crises.    

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2022 at 4:46pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Nov 9th, 2022 at 4:46pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 4:06pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 11:40pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 11:10pm:
Absolute nonsense! I must say I'm quite shocked at what I'm reading here tonight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Australian_waterfront_dispute

We are talking CFMEU type Union here! Thugs! Stand over men! Lazy sods who hardly worked and yet had the nerve to demand unbelievable wages and conditions for doing SFA! And they had been getting away with it for decades. Australia's performance level on the waterfront was abysmally inefficient ... to the point where it had adversely affected our reputation with our trading partners!

It's ridiculous to even begin to discuss inefficient operations from the POV that it is the worker's fault - they have little to no power or control over the way things are done.  As for such nonsenses as 'feather bedding' - look at the politicians and managers who receive an extra dose of cash and perks just for being possibly available some time to take over from someone else who is away for any reason.

Sorry - it doesn't work that way - being the boss doesn't entitle you to better treatment and perks than those who do the work.  MANY a company has destroyed itself by promoting this feudal baron style of silliness long outdated in any civilised modern society.

Business and economies are a symbiotic relationship - and if one side deliberately poisons the other, both die.

Reith was nothing more than the perfect example of the totally deluded ideologue who did his master's bidding without any real idea or thought himself....well DUH!

Easy - just return to a full Award system and nobody can whine that things are no good.... would pharken stabilise inflation and the economy, too for a start, since wage costs and industrial relations would be more predictable... and the rules so much more simple and easy to follow instead of trying to rort your way around them .....

I cannot train fools....

Excellent post.

Of course all wannabee bosses dream of making it rich.

I know a franchisee who has become a multi millionare - the dream of all small business owners - on the back of his workers who are of course on very average award wages.   

And ditto for big business, meanwhile the increasing share of profits going to management over the last several decades is egregious.

At the moment in Parliament, a Coalition member is chastising Labor for wanting to increase workers' wages, saying business will have to lay off workers "in the real world" with its high business input costs....

Neither side are aware of the dysfunctional economic system itself which is the real problem. 

They don't want to be aware .... it would ruin their personal share portfolios...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #36 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 6:44am

Aussie wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 8:16pm:
The lying prick can get fuqqed.  May he rot in Hell for his atrocious lies, and soon enough his mate Hayseed will join him there.

Link.

Yeah, harsh I know, but he deserves it.

Forever, our

Minister for Refugee Final Solution

Prime Minister for Squandered Opportunities

and ...

Late Minister for Children Overboard

LEGENDS,

one and ALL !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 6:50am

Peter Reith will have trouble at the Pearly Gates.

St Peter will have tough questions for him.    Embarrassed

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 7:42am

Dnarever wrote on Nov 9th, 2022 at 10:08am:
I don't recall the death of anyone before triggering this much criticism about the person.

It appears commentators have struggled to find ONE redeeming feature of
Reith

If Howard had "ONE redeeming feature"
he would have sacked
Reith
from Cabinet,
the moment Reith came to him with the cropped photos and whole
"children overboard" LIE

-
assuming Howard wasn't in on the whole thing, from day one
?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 8:02am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 6:50am:

As will his boss, I guess ?

Peter Reith
, the hard man of Liberal politics,
was
Howard
’s ‘favourite’

Former prime minister
John Howard
says
Peter Reith
was a “wonderful friend and great colleague” and he was very proud to support him as prime minister

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 10:57am

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 8:02am:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 6:50am:

As will his boss, I guess ?

Peter Reith
, the hard man of Liberal politics,
was
Howard
’s ‘favourite’

Former prime minister
John Howard
says
Peter Reith
was a “wonderful friend and great colleague” and he was very proud to support him as prime minister

Well - that's the kiss of death if ever there was one....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:01am

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 6:44am:
Aussie wrote on Nov 8th, 2022 at 8:16pm:
The lying prick can get fuqqed.  May he rot in Hell for his atrocious lies, and soon enough his mate Hayseed will join him there.

Link.

Yeah, harsh I know, but he deserves it.

Forever, our

Minister for Refugee Final Solution

Prime Minister for Squandered Opportunities

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/11/08/10/64305785-11402753-image-a-6_166790306...

and ...

Late Minister for Children Overboard

LEGENDS,

one and ALL !

Don't forget the $230Bn and growing stolen from the National Treasury and parked in a tax haven and run by his mate Costello to guarantee that even WHEN they bring this country and its people to their knees their fat retirements will be guaranteed for eternity.

Bring Back The Stolen Future Fund!

What's the difference between a politician and a leech? 

A leech stops sucking blood out of you once it's been removed ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:26am

Peter Reith stated the brutal and uncomfortable truth. And he had the guts to stand up and get our inept waterfront industry back on track too.

It was never going to be an easy roadmap given the unrepentant union thugs involved and who were controlled by the Communist and Labor Parties of Australia.

We could do with more politicians like Reith in Australia. Men who are tough and prepared to jump in and get the job done.

What we have instead are spineless inept dheads who sit around pretending to care about what they do. They're really there to feather their own nests as they prepare themselves for retirement to enjoy unbelievable benefit packages.

Edit : And if it wasn't for Reith putting the frighteners on those lazy bludging waterfront wankers who thought they could get away with what they had been doing for decades...Australis waterfront industry would not be the competitive and efficient one we see today.

Deal with it you lot!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #43 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:31am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:26am:
Peter Reith stated the brutal and uncomfortable truth. And he had the guts to stand up and get our inept waterfront industry back on track too.

It was never going to be an easy roadmap given the unrepentant union thugs involved and who were controlled by the Communist and Labor Parties of Australia.

We could do with more politicians like Reith in Australia. Men who are tough and prepared to jump in and get the job done.

What we have instead are spineless inept dheads who sit around pretending to care about what they do. They're really there to feather their own nests as they prepare themselves for retirement to enjoy unbelievable benefit packages.

Edit : And if it wasn't for Reith putting the frighteners on those lazy bludging waterfront wankers who thought they could get away with what they had been doing for decades...Australis waterfront industry would not be the competitive and efficient one we see today.

Deal with it you lot!

Stick to growing chokos Loser!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:34am

Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 10th, 2022 at 11:31am:
Stick to growing chokos Loser!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yet another useless BS reply by you! STFU Redback. As per usual you jump in like a blowfly to prove what we already know about you. You know SFA about this topic. Now hop it!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print