Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It’s a Totally Nonfunctional Majority (Read 300 times)
Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Re: It’s a Totally Nonfunctional Majority
Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2022 at 1:51am

AusGeoff wrote on Nov 19th, 2022 at 1:17am:
How on earth did the vast majority of the pro-abortion population ever let
the rabid, ill-educated, discriminatory minority of ant-abortionists slip the
repeal of 50-year-old legislation under the radar?

Republicans have attached themselves to the extreme right-wing Christian fundamentalist who want nothing more than a Christofascist ethno state. Since churches are not taxed in America many of them have the money to lobby and influence power in the halls of Congress.

They remain to be a secure vote as long as the Republicans they place in power pass laws they discriminate against the gays, transgenders, women and their civil rights. The state of Tennessee alone passed a law that state atheist cannot hold public office. This is the fascist state Republicans want for America.

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Re: It’s a Totally Nonfunctional Majority
Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2022 at 2:13am

And who can forget this interview of Bush senior by Robert I. Sherman,
on 27 August 1987 at O'Hare Airport.

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are Atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the Atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are Atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots.
          This is one nation under God.

Sherman: Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on Atheists.

—This then is typical of the GOP to this day.  Narrow-minded, bigoted, ill-informed,
   jingoistic, uncompromising, dogmatic, extremist, and just plain ferking stoopid.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print