Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
racism, sexism = aboriginal 'culture' (Read 8881 times)
Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: racism, sexism = aboriginal 'culture'
Reply #165 - Dec 20th, 2022 at 4:17pm

Available data indicate that Indigenous people are 15 to 20 times more likely than non-Indigenous people to commit violent offences.

That is 1,500% to 2,000% more likely to commit violent offences.

That you have never seen.

The consequences of child sexual abuse are horrifying:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #166 - Dec 20th, 2022 at 5:29pm

Poor, poor, Matty such a Racist one track mind.  Look it's Christmas, a time for joy and peace, appreciate it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Dec 20th, 2022 at 7:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 20th, 2022 at 5:29pm:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5536/WEbaRN.png

Poor, poor, Matty such a Racist one track mind.  Look it's Christmas, a time for joy and peace, appreciate it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

He says after he starts another thread on Aboriginal land rights claims as if it's some momentous occasion.

How about you practice what you preach.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 1:35pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:29pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 3:43pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 1:32pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 6:59pm:
I'll tell you why it is crap. It is meaningless communist party gibberish.

We have already seen how you continue to deal yourself out of the discussion, repeated above.

Frank , though hopelessly ideologically blind..and often resorting, like you, to the self-defeating "you are an idiot" line of  debate , does show signs from time to time of a higher IQ than you, so I was hoping he could take up a defence of  "liberal "freedom values"  ideology where you flunked out.

Frank tripped-up over misunderstanding  "your reptilian brain"...as if I was accusing you and not myself of possessing a reptilian brain....I assume he made that mistake because he didn't follow the discussion from the beginning.

Let's see if he can come to your rescue, since  you continue, and always will continue to deal yourself out of the discussion.....as your reply will prove.....

No misunderstanding, pal.

Good, I wasn't sure; so let's  see if you can extricate yourself from mere resort to insult...claiming mine is the 'fizzled brain', regardless of the reality of the triune brain structure.   

Quote:
Your whole triun brain wheeze as an explanation for political philosophy is profoundly ignorant and idiotic,

On what basis do you propose we examine the reasons for various opposing political philosophies /ideologies, even among relatively homogeneous populations, other than by a consideration of brain physiology? 

Quote:
your examples are accordingly stupid -  the crocodile doesn't have a concept of liberty (really??) - the whole lot is just mushy, confused bollocks with bells on.

Ok, I call that objection mere clutching at straws, but as noted above, what is your base for an examination of ideological differences?

This is so stupid a question that it must be a joke.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #169 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:42pm

Frank wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 1:35pm:

We have already seen how you continue to deal yourself out of the discussion, repeated above.

Frank , though hopelessly ideologically blind..and often resorting, like you, to the self-defeating "you are an idiot" line of  debate , does show signs from time to time of a higher IQ than you, so I was hoping he could take up a defence of  "liberal "freedom values"  ideology where you flunked out.

Frank tripped-up over misunderstanding  "your reptilian brain"...as if I was accusing you and not myself of possessing a reptilian brain....I assume he made that mistake because he didn't follow the discussion from the beginning.

Let's see if he can come to your rescue, since  you continue, and always will continue to deal yourself out of the discussion.....as your reply will prove.....

Good, I wasn't sure; so let's  see if you can extricate yourself from mere resort to insult...claiming mine is the 'fizzled brain', regardless of the reality of the triune brain structure.   

Quote:
Your whole triun brain wheeze as an explanation for political philosophy is profoundly ignorant and idiotic,

On what basis do you propose we examine the reasons for various opposing political philosophies /ideologies, even among relatively homogeneous populations, other than by a consideration of brain physiology? 

Quote:
your examples are accordingly stupid -  the crocodile doesn't have a concept of liberty (really??) - the whole lot is just mushy, confused bollocks with bells on.

Ok, I call that objection mere clutching at straws, but as noted above, what is your base for an examination of ideological differences?

You claim (triune) brain physiology is irrelevant to understanding competing political ideology.

What is your proposal for an examination of ideological differences?

Note: merely claiming "you are an idiot".....will not suffice.....

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:47pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:42pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 1:35pm:

Quote:

Quote:

You claim (triune) brain physiology is irrelevant to understanding competing political ideology.

What is your proposal for an examination of ideological differences?

Note: merely claiming "you are an idiot".....will not suffice.....

Reason.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #171 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:56pm

Frank wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:47pm:
Reason.

ah-ha, I see, so ...

0n what basis do you propose we examine the reasons for various opposing political philosophies /ideologies....?

Answer: "reason".

Oh dear, like a dog chasing its tail....
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2023 at 3:10pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #172 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 3:01pm

Well - there's ideology - the pursuit of ideas that are of value ... and then there's idiotology ..... needs no explanation.

I, for one, have a dream......that the day will come when my son is not judged by the Whiteness of his skin, but by his character  ...

Read a blurb by an Afghanistan Vet about the things he saw while there about the 'culture' - and he finished up by saying that it is more than clear that some cultures are superior to others.... just a fact of life...

We don't murder teenagers for protesting and 'waging war on god' here.... just saying.... if anyone tried to condemn a teenager here for protesting against non-secular rule by some religion that set itself up as the one and only and final judge of everything.... there'd be more than protests...

Now then - at what point do we deem an  'ideology' to actually be a religion and thus to be in the same boat?  And which ideologies do you wish to send to the scaffold in that category?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 3:33pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:56pm:
Reason.

ah-ha, I see, so ...

0n what basis do you propose we examine the reasons for various opposing political philosophies /ideologies....?

Don't  be so stupid. It is not the dog chasing its tail, it's  you being an idiotic parrot who never stops to think for a minute because you have mindless idiocies to parrot.

Only reason can tell you ANYTHING about the brain.  Political, ideological, philosophical, aesthetic, literary, medical, neighbourhood, siblings' or lovers' disputes existed long before brain structures were examined and theorised about, as did every other kind of dispute, disagreement, theory  about government, colours, angels,  heavenly bodies, diseases, the afterlife, morals, what the moon is made of or what is on its other side, the secret lives of butterflies, Atlantis, etc, etc, etc.

If different ideas about politics and brain physiology are all about brain physiology - then everything is determined by brain physiology.
But how do you examine brain physiology? At the light of reason.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #174 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 3:01pm:
Well - there's ideology - the pursuit of ideas that are of value ... and then there's idiotology ..... needs no explanation.

Oh dear...assumes your preferred ideas are the ones with value.....;and labels ideologies not liked by you as 'idiotic'.

We disagree on which ideas are valuable and which are  idiotic; why is that? 

Obviously an appeal to "reason" alone will not answer that question, because we use different reasoning;
my job is to show your Libertarian/"freedom"  reasoning ("it's natural law") is flawed.... and explain why.

Quote:
I, for one, have a dream......that the day will come when my son is not judged by the Whiteness of his skin, but by his character  ...

By his "character"? eg.....?

Quote:
Read a blurb by an Afghanistan Vet about the things he saw while there about the 'culture' - and he finished up by saying that it is more than clear that some cultures are superior to others.... just a fact of life...

Obviously we have observed that theocracies don't perform well.

But nationalization versus privatization? 

Quote:
We don't murder teenagers for protesting and 'waging war on god' here.... just saying.... if anyone tried to condemn a teenager here for protesting against non-secular rule by some religion that set itself up as the one and only and final judge of everything.... there'd be more than protests...

And rightly so...we agree!

Quote:
Now then - at what point do we deem an  'ideology' to actually be a religion and thus to be in the same boat?  And which ideologies do you wish to send to the scaffold in that category?

Neoliberalism/neoclassicism  has many characteristics of a religion - eg, fixed false beliefs not amenable to reason.

See Prof. Steve Keen's latest expose of 'funny money' and mainstream economists like Bernanke....who won the Noble prize in economics

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1645944963/new

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #175 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:25pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 20th, 2022 at 7:33pm:

He says after he starts another thread on Aboriginal land rights claims as if it's some momentous occasion.

Bwian has trouble remembering a lot of things. One of them is remembering what he preaches. The other is remembering all his id's passwords. Not to worry at least said passwords are safely protected. By his dementia. 😂🤣😆

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:58pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Dec 20th, 2022 at 7:33pm:

Bwian has trouble remembering a lot of things. One of them is remembering what he preaches. The other is remembering all his id's passwords. Not to worry at least said passwords are safely protected. By his dementia. 😂🤣😆

i thought he was a major general in the australian army.

surely he can keep his passwords safe.

this is a national security risk

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #177 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 5:25pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:18pm:

Oh dear...assumes your preferred ideas are the ones with value.....;and labels ideologies not liked by you as 'idiotic'.

Obviously an appeal to "reason" alone will not answer that question, because we use different reasoning;
my job is to show your Libertarian/"freedom"  reasoning ("it's natural law") is flawed.... and explain why.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Neoliberalism/neoclassicism  has many characteristics of a religion - eg, fixed false beliefs not amenable to reason.

See Prof. Steve Keen's latest expose of 'funny money' and mainstream economists like Bernanke....who won the Noble prize in economics

Didn't even mention my personal preferences - you are being way too subjective there... each individual has his/her own ideologies and idiotologies... my preferences are my own concern!!

Are you ... like ... a peccary or something.... a mothra... a smith... etc.. a phil... only capable of discussing things from your own perspective in a totally emotive manner, and constantly seeking hostiles under every bush?**

**Damn that Flanders .... grrrr ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #178 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 5:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 5:25pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 4:18pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't even mention my personal preferences - you are being way too subjective there... each individual has his/her own ideologies and idiotologies... my preferences are my own concern!!

So many errors in one sentence, even:

The fact that you blame the gap  (which you helpfully described to another poster who can't even see the black gap)  on individual "choice", is objectively fact, not my 'subjective' reasoning.  I had to explain why your "choice" theory - as an explanation of the gap - is blatant nonsense.

And indeed your preferences are the world's concern, since your delusional "choices" ideology will perpetuate the gap forever.

Quote:
Are you ... like ... a peccary or something.... a mothra... a smith... etc.. a phil... only capable of discussing things from your own perspective in a totally emotive manner, and constantly seeking hostiles under every bush?

I'm here, inter alia,  to expose the errors in your <"choice" to live in poverty> theory.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #179 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 6:26pm

Frank wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 3:33pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 6th, 2023 at 2:56pm:
Reason.

ah-ha, I see, so ...

Don't  be so stupid. It is not the dog chasing its tail, it's  you being an idiotic parrot who never stops to think for a minute because you have mindless idiocies to parrot.

Oh dear....the usual prelude....now let's see what you've got in the way of rational argument

Quote:
Only reason can tell you ANYTHING about the brain.

Mein Gott, you failed in the very first sentence.

Knowledge about the physiology of the brain can only be gained by scientific research and discovery.

You could sit about forever 'reasoning', and never learn anything about the brain's physiology, as the reasoning of the ancients was so confined.

You are in effect saying the brain's physiology - and associated unconscious motivations alongside conscious reasoning - has no effect on reasoning, an obvious absurdity.     Only humans with a cortex ("thinking") brain are capable of reasoning.

Quote:
Political, ideological, philosophical, aesthetic, literary, medical, neighbourhood, siblings' or lovers' disputes existed long before brain structures were examined and theorised about,

Exactly, as I already noted above.

Quote:
as did every other kind of dispute, disagreement, theory  about government, colours, angels,  heavenly bodies, diseases, the afterlife, morals, what the moon is made of or what is on its other side, the secret lives of butterflies, Atlantis, etc, etc, etc.

yes, moving along (please).... waiting for the punch line....

Quote:
If different ideas about politics and brain physiology are all about brain physiology...

Another error: oppositional political ideologies exist BECAUSE of human brain physiology and the resulting ability to think independently, possessed by humans; they are not ABOUT brain physiology itself, they are about (reasoning about) the (conflicting) ideologies.

Quote:
- then everything is determined by brain physiology.

well,  the human condition - naturally competitive (inter alia, owing to the individual's ego), yes.

Quote:
But how do you examine brain physiology? At the light of reason.

With an electron microscope....employing reason, eg,  theory, as well as induction and deduction.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2023 at 6:38pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print