Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Zelenskyy speech to Congress (Read 2042 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Zelenskyy speech to Congress
Reply #30 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 9:53pm

Frank wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 8:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 7:07pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 5:10pm:
This is like the Balkans, 25 years on. These bloody Slavs just can't sort themselves. What's the difference between a Serb, a Croat, a Bosnian and an Albanian? They are all southern slavs.

Putin and the Russians are stupid and full of Slavic idiocy. What's the difference between Ukraine,  Belarus and Russia? They are all eastern slavs. They are as corrupt and stupid about their non-existent differences as the southern slavs.

Yes, Putin and the Russians are the morons du jour and it is horrendous and evil what he is doing. But Ukrainians were eager Nazi collaborators as well. Of course pig eyed Vlad calls them nazis - even though Zelenski is Jewish. This war, like the Balkan war in the 1990s, is not out of the blue. Ukraine is Russia's Kosovo. Russia has assumed the role of Nazi Germany and Ukraine is now the Soviet Union. That's how farrked southern and eastern slavs are. 

Thank God for the Western Slavs, the Poles and Czechs. They have grown out of the slavic madness.

Papi Trumpo's advice is apt:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1606041729353674753

Correlation not causation, old chap.

Thank you, paki.

What IS the difference between Ukrainians and Russians, Serbs and Bosnian, Russians and Serbs, Croatians and Belorussians, Russians and [your historic oppressor of Russians/Slavs here]?

They are all fuggn Slavs with a history of being at each other's throats for no discernable reason. They all have VAST territories, yet they hate each other.

No difference, old boy, it's just a matter of getting our terminology right, that's all.

Now the Slavs are above the Pakis and the tinted races, but well below the British, who are on top, so to speak, which includes the Danes and select northern Europeans because of King Kunt. Your Americans are up there too, but only the tanned ones. The tinted ones, as we all know, are too busy trying to kill the tanned to get anything constructive done.

Of course, right at the bottom are the Jigaboos, who get about naked with a bone through their nose. They can't even be bothered getting dressed, but they'll make sure that bone's inserted just so.

So, now we've got the hierarchy established, we just need to clarify. Are we talking culture or, ahem, race?

I get confused sometimes. You understand.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 10:12pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 9:27pm:
Slavs don't hold a patent on sectarian hatred. Look at Ireland or Africa. And the only reason the British stopped butchering each other was a strong defence of Parliamentary law. But there is another aspect of Ukraine's war with Russia that you overlook in your attempt to tar all Slavs with the same brush. It is the Orange Revolution of 2004-2014, which clearly demonstrated Ukrainians intention to reject Russian authoritarianism and seek social and political models aligned with Western Europe.

Just so. While the old boy's been gleefully yapping after Putin for the past 20 years, he's completely ignored the delicate topic of culture.

There's the liberal West, you see, and the brutal authoritarian rest. Ukraine's decided to go with the former. All of its political woes have been caused by the latter, coming from Putin.

Now we Westerners believe in manners. Civilisation has its discontents, no? The authoritarians just believe in killing and taking and even saying whatever they like. Whoever has the most guns - and the most lies - wins.

We refuse to do that. Truth and manners count. Mother always said, one has to be nice. 

Do you see? It's all about culture. Ukraine has decided to join us. They're most welcome too. The more the merrier, no?

We accept Danes and Americans and Slavs, and yes, even Pakis. One in all in, we say.

We're Westerners, and we're proud of it. If you want to go raping and pillaging and spreading fake news, you can jolly well go BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM.

We know who you are as soon as you open your mouth, no?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 3:05am

Everybody is getting a bit sick and tired of Zelenskyy's antics, he is a performer/clown but only Biden is clapping him now.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 4:05am

Johnnie wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 3:05am:
Everybody is getting a bit sick and tired of Zelenskyy's antics, he is a performer/clown but only Biden is clapping him now.

Zalensky's destroyed your man, Matty. His dreams of retirement are over. The best Putin can hope for is a quick death, but do you know?

He's got the pate, the red cheeks and the tapping hand. All he needs is a bicycle horn and a bit more makeup and he could do kids' parties.

He'd need a bit of cheering up though. Maybe the Don could head over and teach him how to do satire.

Oh, that’s wonderful. He used the word ‘independent’ and ‘we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.’ You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.

Did I tell you I know him well? Very, very well.

Genius.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 6:39am

There is a New York Times video investigation of the Bucha war crimes that only a dimwit could honestly deny. It shows exactly what the Russian Army is doing in Ukraine. You may have to subscribe to NYT, but I am sure this will be circulated free of charge soon.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 7:54am

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 9:40pm:
Trump has never done satire, but which bit's the satire?

Trump saying Putin loves him?

The Don doesn't joke about stuff like that, Bobby.

There he is, popping into the buffet for breakfast - Mar a Lago always does a great breakfast, whatever you want - and he sees the talking heads on Fox discussing the invasion. So he turns to his secret service guy and he says:

You see? That's how a leader does it. No wimping about, no bullshit, just go in, take the land and declare it "independant". Genius.

That's what we shoulda done in Iraq. I've always said, you go in, you take the oil. You've heard me say that, right?

So Vlad's finally done it. You've gotta hand it to him. Biden's sunk now - Ukraine was always his thing. You watch, Joe's gonna sit on his ass with his thumb in his mouth and look like a chump. Beautiful.

Did I tell you? I know Putin well. He's smart and he's tough. We get along great - really great. I'm gonna play this one, like, this never woulda happened on my watch. It'll play it up really good, you'll see. Thanks, Putin. You've just put a big fat turd on Joe's desk, this is wonderful. Genius!

Hey - ask her for the egg white omelette. No yolks. And get another bottle of ketchup.

It's satire Karnal,
Putin would never have invaded Ukraine if Trump was in power -
he was waiting for feeble Biden to be president first.
Putin will win Ukraine and then get even more greedy -
who's next - maybe Poland?
The Germans are all gay pacifists now - he's not scared of them.
The French will run like rabbits as they always have.
Putin just has to move fast before Trump gets back in power.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #36 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:01am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 7:54am:
It's satire Karnal,
Putin would never have invaded Ukraine if Trump was in power -
he was waiting for feeble Biden to be president first.
Putin will win Ukraine and then get even more greedy -
who's next - maybe Poland?
The Germans are all gay pacifists now - he's not scared of them.
The French will run like rabbits as they always have.
Putin just has to move fast before Trump gets back in power.

"Tell him he is dreaming!" (Courtesy The Castle!)

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:28am

There he is, popping into the buffet for breakfast - Mar-a-Lago always does a great breakfast,

He has an opulent lifestyle:

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-trump-mar-a-lago-club-photos-2018-1#recen...

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #38 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:46am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:28am:
There he is, popping into the buffet for breakfast - Mar-a-Lago always does a great breakfast,

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-trump-mar-a-lago-club-photos-2018-1#recen...

I wonder how he will go picking up the soap for some bug black niggger!

Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:56am

Redmond Neck wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:46am:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 8:28am:

I wonder how he will go picking up the soap for some bug black niggger!

Grin Grin Grin

A bit of a step down from Mar-a-Lago.     Embarrassed

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 9:35am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 22nd, 2022 at 9:18pm:
https://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/mi-stoyimo-boremos-i-vigrayemo-bo-mi-razom-...

Full speech.

We stand, we fight and we will win. Because we are united. Ukraine, America and the entire free world - address by Volodymyr Zelenskyy in a joint meeting of the US Congress

22 December 2022 - 07:39

Dear Americans!

In all states, cities and communities. All those who value freedom and justice. Who cherish it as strongly, as we, Ukrainians, in all our cities, in each and every family. I hope my words of respect and gratitude resonate in each American heart!

Madam Vice President, I thank you for your efforts in helping Ukraine! Madam Speaker, you bravely visited Ukraine during the full-fledged war, thank you very much! It is a great honor, a great privilege to be here!

Dear members of the Congress – representatives of both parties – who also visited Kyiv! Esteemed Congressmen and Senators – from both parties – who will visit Ukraine, I’m sure, in the future! Dear representatives of diaspora – present in this chamber and spread across the country! Dear journalists!

It's a great honor for me to be at the U.S. Congress and speak to you and all Americans!

Against all odds and doom and gloom scenarios, Ukraine did not fall. Ukraine is alive and kicking.

And it gives me good reason to share with you our first joint victory – we defeated Russia in the battle for minds of the world. We have no fear. Nor should anyone in the world have it.

Ukrainians gained this victory – and it gives us courage, which inspires the entire world.

Americans gained this victory – and that's why you have succeeded in uniting the global community to protect freedom and international law.

Europeans gained this victory – and that's why Europe is now stronger and more independent than ever.

The Russian tyranny has lost control over us and it will never influence our minds again.

Yet, we have to do whatever it takes to ensure that countries of the Global South also gain such victory.

I know one more thing – the Russians will stand a chance to be free only when they defeat the Kremlin in their minds.

Yet, the battle continues! And we have to defeat the Kremlin on the battlefield.

This battle is not only for the territory – for this or another part of Europe. This battle is not only for life, freedom and security of Ukrainians or any other nation, which Russia attempts to conquer. This struggle will define – in what world our children and grandchildren will live and then – their children and grandchildren. It will define whether it will be a democracy – for Ukrainians and for Americans – for all.

This battle cannot be frozen or postponed. It cannot be ignored hoping that the ocean or something else will provide a protection.

From the United States to China, from Europe to Latin America, and from Africa to Australia – the world is too interconnected and interdependent to allow someone to stay aside – and at the same time – to feel safe when such a battle continues.

Our two nations are Allies in this battle.

And next year will be a turning point. The point, when Ukrainian courage and American resolve must guarantee the future of our common freedom. The freedom of people, who stand for their values.

he is terrifically good.
We should give them the arms they request

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 10:20am

Ukraine will get financial and military support to hold back the Russians.

The price will be the surrender of the south and the southeast of Ukraine to Russia, where the majority of Ukrainian Russian speakers live.

That is the offramp-ortunity' that the US and NATO are offering Putin - the international recognition of Russia's annexation of the southeastern regions, Crimea and a land bridge to Crimea.

The EU, NATO and the US and the world want this war ended and that is the price Ukraine must pay.

Putin will be forced to accept that western Ukraine will leave the Russian sphere of influence.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 11:37am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 9:27pm:
Slavs don't hold a patent on sectarian hatred. Look at Ireland or Africa. And the only reason the British stopped butchering each other was a strong defence of Parliamentary law. But there is another aspect of Ukraine's war with Russia that you overlook in your attempt to tar all Slavs with the same brush. It is the Orange Revolution of 2004-2014, which clearly demonstrated Ukrainians intention to reject Russian authoritarianism and seek social and political models aligned with Western Europe.

Exactly. They figured out the 'rule of law' 300 years ago.

Which European country has no ethnic minorities because the shifting borders over the centuries?
Why does Russia want more territory, it is already enormous. What the bugger is it about the "Russian soul" that makes them so stupid and sentimental, corrupt and suspicious of everyone?
Are the Russian and other minorities in Ukraine fully emancipated or are they under the Ukrainian nationalist heel to various degrees?

Why exactly is this war happening? What would have been the greater calamity it was calculated to prevent?  What will it achieve?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 12:27pm

Frank wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 11:37am:
Why exactly is this war happening? What would have been the greater calamity it was calculated to prevent?  What will it achieve?

For the greater glory of Mother Russia. The metonymic archetype of Russia as a mother is bone-deep in the Russian psyche and, as far as Russians are concerned, Ukrainians have spat in their mother's face by rejecting her and turning to the west.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 24th, 2022 at 12:46pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 12:27pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 24th, 2022 at 11:37am:

For the greater glory of Mother Russia. The metonymic archetype of Russia as a mother is bone-deep in the Russian psyche and, as far as Russians are concerned, Ukrainians have spat in their mother's face by rejecting her and turning to the west.

And for that adolescent idiotic national pride thousands must die, starve, freeze, suffer, be homeless, displaced, raped, tortured, maimed.

When the war is over what will be better? Will Russia be prouder of itself and.... er..... that's it? That's worth it in their minds?

In the 90s I had a Russian student who wanted to go to Serbia to 'fight with his brothers' against whoever the Serbs were fighting. I told him not to be an idiot, the Serbs were not his 'brothers'. He looked at me incomprehending.  Then I remembered that 80 years before the Russians sided with their Serbian brothers and WWI was on.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2022 at 12:52pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print