Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Helicopters collide on Gold Coast. (Read 1346 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Helicopters collide on Gold Coast.
Reply #30 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 6:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 2:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 1:16pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 9:33am:
John Smith wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 7:41am:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 5:47am:
I make a bet -

I bet there were warning signs: days, weeks or months before the accident  -
that went ignored.

I spent many a time over the years sitting across the broadwater watching them zoom in and out wondering how they didn't crash ... it was inevitable they would crash eventually with one taking off whilst another is landing just 50 meters or so away. This was happening every 15 minutes, every day, 7 days a week

It means the safety system has totally collapsed with
near misses not being reported.

Who was going to report it? Sea world? And miss out on $400 odd every 15 minutes per chopper? Or the pilots working for seaworld who would be told to stay home, without pay, whilst it was sorted?

Better than being dead.     Roll Eyes

They weren't planning on being dead

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 6:57pm

AusGeoff wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 2:37pm:
I'm guessing the chopper pilots were relatively unskilled, and
had become too lax about landing and liftoff procedures through
having done it a thousand times.   

Complacency is a recipe for disaster.

How is it that these blokes flying in close formation never collided?

https://i.postimg.cc/rF0W98M8/Screenshot-2023-01-04-at-15-33-16-40125910135-12fc...

It's absolutely about complacency

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 7:21pm

I make a bet -

that went ignored.

I spent many a time over the years sitting across the broadwater watching them zoom in and out wondering how they didn't crash ... it was inevitable they would crash eventually with one taking off whilst another is landing just 50 meters or so away. This was happening every 15 minutes, every day, 7 days a week

Who was going to report it? Sea world? And miss out on $400 odd every 15 minutes per chopper? Or the pilots working for seaworld who would be told to stay home, without pay, whilst it was sorted?

the chopper rides out of seaworld have nothing to do with the rest of seaworld

totally seperate company.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 7:33pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 6:57pm:

https://i.postimg.cc/rF0W98M8/Screenshot-2023-01-04-at-15-33-16-40125910135-12fc...

It's absolutely about complacency

Sadly, yes.  Probably.

Many things about tourism bother me.

Remember when that sea-plane in Sydney crashed on the harbour a few years ago?

Six family members were killed.

I was in that exact same plane two weeks before.

The pilot who died was the guy who served me at the bar right before I got on the plane.

The way they run it is, while one pilot is out flying the tourists in the plane the other one is back at the base serving at the bar and selling t-shirts in the souvenir shop.

I got a funny feeling about that when I saw it - here's a professional pilot, who should be focused on weather conditions, tides, etc., and he's selling beers and stubby holders while he waits for his turn to take the tourists on a joy flight.

He was a really nice guy, and I think about him and that poor family regularly.

For the sake of a quick tourist dollar, they all lost their lives.

Incredibly sad.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 7:57pm

aquascoot wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 7:21pm:
I make a bet -

that went ignored.

the chopper rides out of seaworld have nothing to do with the rest of seaworld

totally seperate company.

They're run by seaworld.  I don't care how it's structured

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 12:14am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 5:51pm:
Looking at the video, I just can't see why one or the other didn't see the other..... they just kept going without a thought.

A couple of huge blind spots with helicopters.

Saw a video from inside chopper that landed back seat passenger tried to warn pilot just before blades hacked into cockpit

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #36 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 6:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 5:52pm:

Highly trained and with countless hours ... they do collide at times ...  they are all arriving in the same direction.  That's what I said - a properly organised landing space/schedule/approach-departure would have prevented this.  The chopper taking off , pilot on left side, may have had cockpit frame in the way... but the other one, pilot on left side, should have had a clear view.

I'd say the CVRs and/or interviews with survivors will tell the story.  Pilots distracted... loss of situational awareness.... chatting with passengers maybe on a 'milk run' done too many times.  BTW - I hate those choppers - that type.

What a way to go....

I would have thought they would have had  standard take off and landing proceedures, such as take off to the west and come on to land from the east for example

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #37 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 11:51am

Already been there, Red... rules are made for a reason, same as separation of flight levels ... it does seem from video the surviving pilot was distracted momentarily by passenger in the right seat, had cockpit frame in the way, and actually didn't look down to the left but straight ahead at all times.  Remember - head on a swivel.... even driving a car that one time you don't look properly might kill you and never be distracted.  Not that long ago I nearly hit a car in a roundabout when it was in my windscreen/window frame ... and I WAS looking!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/passengers-desperate-cockpit-act-seconds-before-horror...

I used to fly and the first word is 'keep your eyes out of the cockpit in shared space' ... same any time for birds and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_level

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 11:52am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 12:14am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2023 at 5:51pm:
Looking at the video, I just can't see why one or the other didn't see the other..... they just kept going without a thought.

A couple of huge blind spots with helicopters.

Saw a video from inside chopper that landed back seat passenger tried to warn pilot just before blades hacked into cockpit

Yes - just saw that one, Baron. that frame right there I'd say.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 2:16pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 11:51am:
Already been there, Red... rules are made for a reason, same as separation of flight levels ... it does seem from video the surviving pilot was distracted momentarily by passenger in the right seat, had cockpit frame in the way, and actually didn't look down to the left but straight ahead at all times.  Remember - head on a swivel.... even driving a car that one time you don't look properly might kill you and never be distracted.  Not that long ago I nearly hit a car in a roundabout when it was in my windscreen/window frame ... and I WAS looking!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/passengers-desperate-cockpit-act-seconds-before-horror...

I used to fly and the first word is 'keep your eyes out of the cockpit in shared space' ... same any time for birds and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_level

Watching that vid of back passenger trying to tap shoulder of pilot … from memory (correct me if I’m wrong) I recall we all wear headphones and can communicate more easily that way with pilot.
Did the passengers have earphones on?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 10:49pm

Not sure if back seat passengers have microphones with headsets. They might be able to hear yet can't talk to pilot.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 1:34am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 10:49pm:
Not sure if back seat passengers have microphones with headsets. They might be able to hear yet can't talk to pilot.

I did in my choppers sitting at the door facing out.... first out, last in.  The pilots could talk to me. Hand signals for the rest.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Jan 6th, 2023 at 5:19pm

I blame the fake blonde with the big tits in the bikini for distracting both Pilots. There is no other reason for such a stupid thing to happen. I bet she did the self-body-rub with tanning lotion too.
I've seen such dangerous women in action many a time, myself. But I never faltered. Seeing a Sofa out of nowhere while falling to my death, well - that's another thing.
Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print